Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? (59526 Views)

Truth You Learnt As An Adult / If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / Would You Marry A Girl With A Past Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
smeag0l:
Lol...I don't. So do you look like the picture on your profile?

Maybe, but what if i'm ugly??
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by smeag0l(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
I know you aren't. Let's talk on pm...lol
Biglittlelois:

Maybe, but what if i'm ugly??
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Evercurious(f): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2019
HolyGan:
I support him
You're a hoe
Bi*tch

You re best ignored, frustrated being
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Just2endowed2(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
Never love too much.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by joyousever(f): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
If this is true, guy I feel for you oo. Just man up & advise yourself. The writing is all over the wall that she doesn't respect you & the relationship,which is enough reason to call it quits, before she infects you with a life-threatening disease in the name of 'I'm in love & I can't let go'. Ok bye!
mikaelangelov:
[s]It's not yet an ex relationship but I believe by weekend it will be.[/s]
Finally it's over
I've been too easy and simple for the bae aswear, and even she herself says that, I girl I've never shouted on before, never cheated on her, she will never say that I've failed getting her whatever she's requested for, a girl that I've fed comfortably since early 2018 till now, just name it, yet bae still got the guts to cheat me countless times, cheated on me with random guys that can't even match my shoes even though they're all older than I am, aborted babies for them and I still care for her, buying her life relief drugs during the recuperating stages thinking it's menstrual related issues, got her a job so she wouldn't be idle, best way she could make me proud is to become a cum-bag to her boss who offers her nothing, just because they all offer her marriage which I don't want to tell her first because I want her to learn a skill this 2019 first, before I'll think about tying the knot with her, my only crime was loving her too much, well next 60 days I'll be moving permanently to Copenhagen so I guess marrying a white chick is the next thing,

infact I know that I've reached my boiling point and enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by joyousever(f): 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Is this reality or fiction?
alfredo4u:
Paying her school fees and feeding her for four years in school and after everything she dumped me for my friend........

Today, the two of them are working for me in my fathers company.

Just be good no matter what
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
Look carefully bfore u leap
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by olaboy1: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
smeag0l:
Never date a lady that's not working. She'll just end up milking you dry. I tried it last year when I was dating a lady in Abuja. I pay her flight tickets(return) to come see me in my location. I take care of her and even send her between 30-50k almost every month(I wasn't giving her an allowance but just helping with basic needs). Mind you, the money wasn't my problem as this wasn't even up to 20% of my monthly income. However, this girl was till not loyal as she calls another guy to come pick her from the airport in Abuja whenever she leaves. I also later found out that she was secretly having an affair with someone that works with one of these agencies that arrange holiday flight bookings and accommodation for people. I just stopped talking with her after so many confrontations and denials. Never give a girl that's not your wife, sister or mother money except you just want to help the person. Now, I only roll with ladies in my class-ladies that have well paying jobs!

I’m so confused with Nigerian guys that earn good salaries placing women on some sort of allowance. I intentionally refused to give money to all the girls I dated when I was working in a big company in Nigeria, and it was never a deal breaker. My job title, blue chip company I worked for, my swag, intelligence and well furnished apartment did all the magic, and some girls even told me they were scared to ask for financial help so as not to lose me. I’ve had Naija girls telling me how their hearts ache at the thought of losing me.
You might have to revisit the fundamentals of seduction if truly you have a fantastic salary, because all my colleagues at work were slaying pu$$/y without placing them on any sort of allowance.
I would place a bet that the guys who place women on these allowances are below average in looks. First step is to raise your level of attractiveness.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by drmikeadams(m): 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
olaboy1:

I’m so confused with Nigerian guys that earn good salaries placing women on some sort of allowance. I intentionally refused to give money to all the girls I dated when I was working in a big company in Nigeria, and it was never a deal breaker. My job title, blue chip company I worked for, my swag, intelligence and well furnished apartment did all the magic, and some girls even told me they were scared to ask for financial help so as not to lose me. I’ve had Naija girls telling me how their hearts ache at the thought of losing me.
You might have to revisit the fundamentals of seduction if truly you have a fantastic salary, because all my colleagues at work were slaying pu$$/y without placing them on any sort of allowance.
I would place a bet that the guys who place women on these allowances are below average in looks. First step is to raise your level of attractiveness.
gbam....very simple concept..make them run after u
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by luminouz(m): 12:06am On Jan 21, 2019
olaboy1:

Nawa o..so u still dey comment on NL??
Naso u just run go leave me abi??
Get me a job too na!!!! grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by smeag0l(m): 12:09am On Jan 21, 2019
I never placed a girl on a salary cos she doesn't work for me. I just give her the money equivalent of whatever I think is her basic need cos she wasn't working at the time. Besides, I chose never to date a girl that has nothing doing cos of this very reason. I just tried it cos I expected it was going to lead to marriage.
olaboy1:

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Harsheer(m): 1:00am On Jan 21, 2019
If you love her so much.... Don't show it all to her..If you do...She'll start behaving for you ooo...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by olaboy1: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
smeag0l:
I never placed a girl on a salary cos she doesn't work for me. I just give her the money equivalent of whatever I think is her basic need cos she wasn't working at the time. Besides, I chose never to date a girl that has nothing doing cos of this very reason. I just tried it cos I expected it was going to lead to marriage.
Almost every month and around 20% of your monthly income for a girlfriend sounds suicidal and try hard to me. I understand your act of kindness, but know that women are not as kind and helpless as you perceive them to be, they don’t think twice when they want to throw you under the bus. Generally speaking most women are hypergamous in nature and are really not looking for love but the highest bidder.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by srclark: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
Many you will walk a thousand miles for over and over again are not ready to take a step for you ,never ignore the little warning signs it goes a long way in telling you how your partner is especially when it comes to finances .I paid for flights countless times to and fro from abuja to Lagos cause she was a student thinking I was giving her comfort when in the real sense a wise student will actually keep the money for flights and use bus just to have extra am happy we parted ways

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
srclark:
Many you will walk a thousand miles for over and over again are not ready to take a step for you ,never ignore the little warning signs it goes a long way in telling you how your partner is especially when it comes to finances .I paid for flights countless times to and fro from abuja to Lagos cause she was a student thinking I was giving her comfort when in the real sense a wise student will actually keep the money for flights and use bus just to have extra am happy we parted ways
So true. There are always signs.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by smeag0l(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
I don't give a girl 20% of my income. I was never even giving my girlfriend up to 5% of my income every month and I was never giving her cos she asked.
olaboy1:

Almost every month and around 20% of your monthly income for a girlfriend sounds suicidal and try hard to me. I understand your act of kindness, but know that women are not as kind and helpless as you perceive them to be, they don’t think twice when they want to throw you under the bus. Generally speaking most women are hypergamous in nature and are really not looking for love but the highest bidder.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by olaboy1: 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
smeag0l:
I don't give a girl 20% of my income. I was never even giving my girlfriend up to 5% of my income every month and I was never giving her cos she asked.

Check your initial post below

“Never date a lady that's not working. She'll just end up milking you dry. I tried it last year when I was dating a lady in Abuja. I pay her flight tickets(return) to come see me in my location. I take care of her and even send her between 30-50k almost every month(I wasn't giving her an allowance but just helping with basic needs). Mind you, the money wasn't my problem as this wasn't even up to 20% of my monthly income. However, this girl was till not loyal as she calls another guy to come pick her from the airport in Abuja whenever she leaves. I also later found out that she was secretly having an affair with someone that works with one of these agencies that arrange holiday flight bookings and accommodation for people. I just stopped talking with her after so many confrontations and denials. Never give a girl that's not your wife, sister or mother money except you just want to help the person. Now, I only roll with ladies in my class-ladies that have well paying jobs!”

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by smeag0l(m): 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
Yeah, but I never said that was 30% of my income. I still maintain that I was never giving her up to 5% of my income and she never for one day asked me for money. The estimate I made below is just an estimate of things I buy for her and money I give to her whenever she is leaving my place.
olaboy1:

Check your initial post below

“Never date a lady that's not working. She'll just end up milking you dry. I tried it last year when I was dating a lady in Abuja. I pay her flight tickets(return) to come see me in my location. I take care of her and even send her between 30-50k almost every month(I wasn't giving her an allowance but just helping with basic needs). Mind you, the money wasn't my problem as this wasn't even up to 20% of my monthly income. However, this girl was till not loyal as she calls another guy to come pick her from the airport in Abuja whenever she leaves. I also later found out that she was secretly having an affair with someone that works with one of these agencies that arrange holiday flight bookings and accommodation for people. I just stopped talking with her after so many confrontations and denials. Never give a girl that's not your wife, sister or mother money except you just want to help the person. Now, I only roll with ladies in my class-ladies that have well paying jobs!”
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Evercurious(f): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
smeag0l:
Yeah, but I never said that was 30% of my income. I still maintain that I was never giving her up to 5% of my income and she never for one day asked me for money. The estimate I made below is just an estimate of things I buy for her and money I give to her whenever she is leaving my place.

You owe no one all these explanations. Lesson learnt .. Move on.

Afterall it was your money .. Wasn't it?
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by smeag0l(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
Yeah, and I decide how to spend it and not anyone telling me how to. Thanks evercurious. BTW, what's the reason behind your moniker
Evercurious:

You owe no one all these explanations. Lesson learnt .. Move on.

Afterall it was your money .. Wasn't it?
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Evercurious(f): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
smeag0l:
Yeah, and I decide how to spend it and not anyone telling me how to. Thanks evercurious. BTW, what's the reason behind your moniker

Smiles
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by dharamanil(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ones she is 25 u better engage her or the next time she travels she gone for her marriage

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Elsah(f): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
1.) Never go into a relationship cuz you're just curious about relationships. Don't play with ppl's feelings.

2.) As a lady, never do anything sexual with anyone until you're sure he will marry you. But if you can, abstain completely till marriage.

3.) If you find the one person you want to settle down with early in life, never let them go because you don't want to just date only one person in life. They won't wait for you and even if you get them back, the person might have transformed entirely into someone you no longer know, and thus, become incompatible with you.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by MrsInvisible(f): 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
I learned to never trust anyone.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by smeag0l(m): 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
Talk na
Evercurious:

Smiles
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Luminary1(f): 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Angela777:
What I learnt? Never make it easy for a man, if he wants to be with you, he will make it possible whatever country he is. If he doesn't love you, he will use you and leave anyway.

can you elaborate more on 'never make it easy for a man ' clause.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 28, 2019
Luminary1:

can you elaborate more on 'never make it easy for a man ' clause.
Don't pay for you both to meet, don't give him money or don't spend on him, he will not appreciate it and ask for more.
The real man needs to make an effort to meet and to win the woman he likes/loves, if the woman makes it easy for him paying from her pocket for them to meet in another country or because he is poor paying for food, dinners out, helping him in life, car, etc., he will use this woman saying so easy and fun and easy moves to the next one or just takes you for granted and even disrespects you and mistreats you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by mkpurumma090(f): 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2019

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by MhizLewa(f): 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
olaboy1:

"Ur swag....intelligence ....well furnished apartment did all d magic" ? "And guyz who placed girls on monthly allowance are below average??" Smh!!! U're so damn full of yourself man!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
Angela777:
What I learnt? Never make it easy for a man, if he wants to be with you, he will make it possible whatever country he is. If he doesn't love you, he will use you and leave anyway.
Funny you..
Making it "hard" for a man doesn't change the fact that if he wants to use u and dump you,he will not do exactly that.
Funny enough,not every responsible guy would want to engage in the vigorous chase method you want to use.
Personally, if you want to play mind games with me,I will advise the lady take her ass to the playground!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? by mkpurumma090(f): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
larryking540:

Your reward is in heaven don't worry,

I like abroad sha, ,,na jail dat guy go day by now, ,,their own reward na earth e day
Lol
That one nah wicked fellow

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Should I Get My Fiancée Arrested? / Colombian Woman Known As ‘the Beast’ Dies After ‘five Hours Of Drug-fuelled Sex / Stop Going To Brothels, So As To Live Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.