Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,643 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

My Son Lacks Concentration - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Lacks Concentration (14861 Views)

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? / Advice On How To Change My Son's Surname / I Have Sex With My Son Every Wednesday To Maintain His Riches – 52-year-old Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Haymaykar(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2019
Reduce his playing and t.v time..or rather find him a lesson teacher
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by adontcare(f): 11:35am On Jan 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Lack of beating is the cause, beat the hell out of him and watch him change for good. Spare the rod and spoil the child. They are teaching you and you are playing drum, which kind of strong head is that one? A child will not dare do that with me, Simple!
lol
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by mumihaja(f): 11:37am On Jan 08, 2019
use cane as the bible instructed...the site of cane will make him concentrate. if you take him to a doctor now, they will tag him ADD and load him with drugs that will make him so calm that he wont be able to solve 1+1 in one hour.

4 Likes

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by streetsoldier1(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2019
Afonjas:
In Korea or Japan, a child of 5yrs old should be solving Nigeria JS3-SS1 maths

Thatz a very big lie, I'm sure you have not been to Ikeja let alone Japan for you to be talking about their education system.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by basmur(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2019
Thats a very good observation from you sir. Some would have conclude the child is a dullard. He probably needs a Conducive learning enviroment and your guardian.
Hope you not too bothered about it. He is still a kid anyway
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by lulufaj(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2019
He appears to be having ADHD which isnt uncommon at his age. Most children outgrow it and get better as they grow older.
I wouldnt worry about this at all.However, if the issue worries you, you could see a child and adolescent mental health physician. what the will do is just a cognitive therapy to be honest.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by johnnyn1(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2019
@ OP Your kid is a genius.
He is very smart I have dealed with kids like thos when I was teaching.
Your son likes arithmetic and all but do not get fulfilled with that.
He feels there is more he can do outside learning arithmetic etc.
that is why he gets disattracted at any point. It is the duty of the parents to really know what he wants, he may not have gotten it yet, but study him well. and decide well for him
If he likes music, take him to music school, engineering, sports etc and all.
Your son are likes of great achievers we have today who believe they could do more than solving arithmetic and all..

@vosquare Ignore Negative advice

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Slynation(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2019
Give am better knocks for head.... grin just 5 and he's already loosing concentration, then what will now happen at the age of 15 if Ekiatte distract him with her ass... grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by NormalThing: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2019
wow! I'm astonished! Glad Nobody came here to shout "village people"
Things are changing in this land.

@op seek professional advise. Some given here have been intelligent.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by johnnyn1(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2019
mumihaja:
use cane as the bible instructed...the site of cane will make him concentrate. if you take him to a doctor now, they will tag him ADD and load him with drugs that will make him so calm that he wont be able to solve 1+1 in one hour.
You must be a joker
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by fineboynl(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2019
Brain chemical imbalance. This can he corrected with drugs.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by lulufaj(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2019
mumihaja:

That`s untrue ma. The Nice guidelines clearly states that most require no treatment at this stage.
If for whatever reason, a treatment is indicated, talking to the child and cognitive therapy will be the only thing to be done. If all those fail to make the child improve, then you can start thinking of medication which is very very unlikely to happen anyways.
No doctor will start such a child on medication without exhausting simpler options first.
You dont kill an an with a sledgehammer!!!
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by johnmattew: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2019
worry not..it's called ADHD..as he grows,it will depart (not always).u can use drugs to correct it.

I have the same problem, I'm using yoga meditation to correct it, instead of drugs
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by jaysmama(f): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2019
I had this same issue when my first son was about that age. At some point I thought he had ADHD because he was just too restless. But he is 9 years old now and he is a completely different person. I also have a 5 year old son who is at that stage too but i now know its just a phase. I don't think you have reason to worry it will get better as he gets older

2 Likes

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Lack of beating is the cause, beat the hell out of him and watch him change for good. Spare the rod and spoil the child. They are teaching you and you are playing drum, which kind of strong head is that one? A child will not dare do that with me, Simple!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2019
Do you or the school reward him when he does well?
He is a child and children loves praise. Who don't, anyway.

Start by giving him small numbers of assignments, casually walk over and look at what he solved and show excitement as he is watching you. Then praise him. It will motivate him to finish all.
At the end, reward him with stickers. Next assignment, try that again.
Always ask him where he want to place his stickers. Leave them there for him. He can earn2 stickers a day.

One day, u take him out and buy that thing you promised him and tell him why u bought it for him. Cos he is a good boy and does well in school too.

Distraction will become a thing of the past.
There are lots of stickers in my house. I dare not touch them especially ones from the teachers. Any child will be sad if other children gets stickers and he don't get so he strives to work hard to earn it. Its teachers secrets here.
If his school don't do that, u go get them and see him develop love for his homework.

Sometimes too, he will do and take small break so his concentration will return. Even as adults while in uni, our minds tend to wander sometimes when we are reading or solving questions. If you are with him and notices so, ask any random question e.g., he should tell you what food his friend came with.
Then back to the question. Remember he is 5 yrs old.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by afroxyz: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2019
for goodness sake if kids don't play how would they learn. yiu want to rub him of his childhood by loading him with books and forcing him to become first. what's all this competition sef.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by proffemi: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

Asking for a friend

How much time did he spend watching the TV or playing with mobile devices between the ages of 1 and 4?
I may have information and some advice for you, depending on your answer.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2019
kennybelle:
it's a normal behaviour for a 5-year old 'boy', and almost everyone gets nervous when it comes to exams, no matter how much one has read. You might only need to let him know 'son it's time to read and i dnt want you to be playful'.

Take him to the room for his homework (usually a place with less distractions), you could even let him know you might deprive him frm watching his favourite cartoon. I'm sure he'll come around, he's just a baby.

We sef do pass that one grin
grin grin
I told his father to do so he gave me the report that when Nepa brought the light and fan started working, boy has lost concentration already grin grin
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by SalamRushdie: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

Asking for a friend

stop giving him that useless Ribena to drink everyday and notice the change ...Shei he takes Ribena every day? am I lying ?
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2019
johnnyn1:
@ OP Your kid is a genius.
He is very smart I had dealed with kids like thos when I was teaching.
Your son likes arithmetic and all but do not get fulfilled with that.
He feels there is more he can do outside learning arithmetic etc.
that is why he gets disattracted at any point. It is the duty of the parents to really know what he wants, he may not have gotten it yet, but study him well. and decide well for him
If he likes music, take him to music school, engineering, sports etc and all.
Your son are likes of great achievers we have today who believe they could do more than solving arithmetic and all..

@Haymaykar Ignore Negative advice
He loves drumming, his sister loves singing.. Me and my friend are currently looking for music teacher that will take him and his sister during holidays
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2019
johnmattew:
worry not..it's called ADHD..as he grows,it will depart (not always).u can use drugs to correct it.

I have the same problem, I'm using yoga meditation to correct it, instead of drugs
He don't have any issue. He is simply being his age and it's normal.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by pulsa(m): 11:58am On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

Asking for a friend

Hey he probably has ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), it affects a lot of really smart people, so you guys should probably get him checked out for that.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by johnnyn1(m): 11:58am On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

He loves drumming, his sister loves singing.. Me and my friend are currently looking for music teacher that will take him and his sister during holidays

Pls engage asap..
Your won't regret you did at his early age.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 11:59am On Jan 08, 2019
SalamRushdie:

stop giving him that useless Ribena to drink everyday and notice the change ...Shei he takes Ribena every day? am I lying ?
grin grin grin grin

No he doesn't take Ribena and you are not lying either grin
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by SalamRushdie: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

grin grin grin grin

No he doesn't take Ribena and you are not lying either grin

so what are you giving him that has high amounts of glucose?
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
proffemi:

How much time did he spend watching the TV or playing with mobile devices between the ages of 1 and 4?
I may have information and some advice for you, depending on your answer.
He only watch TV at nights...around 7-9..he sleeps around 9
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Tizu(m): 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
Nursy:
More like Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder.
If you are worried much, you can take him to sea a paediatrician.

Paediatric psychologist, but I don't know if we any in any of our hospitals. But ask around you may get one. I wish him luck.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2019
SalamRushdie:

so what are you giving him that has high amounts of glucose?
I don't know o
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Beating will change nothing but destroy his personality.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by haaryobhami: 12:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
all the genius or extra brilliant kids I know are like that,they lose concentration esaily but it's not like they don't know it.
stop bothering instead be happy for d type of child God gave u.
I have an uncle like dat,he works on chevron,according to my dad wen he was small he would never stay 10 minute in same spot,alwaya restless but he his d genius of d aux and he could solve any maths.
in secondary school d two most brilliant student in my school(those guys were wizards)are like dat also.if the teacher is teaching he would be busy playing with or not concentrating but let d result come out the least they would get is 98 over hundred and dat 98 self the teacher minus there mark.

Ur kid is showing signs of genius

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Needed - Anyone Around The Corner - Seriously Searching / My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed / Should Parents Be Held Accountable For Their Adult Children's Behavior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.