Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,385 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

My Son Lacks Concentration - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Lacks Concentration (14860 Views)

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? / Advice On How To Change My Son's Surname / I Have Sex With My Son Every Wednesday To Maintain His Riches – 52-year-old Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2019
You have just discribed my son. Exactly.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by donbrowser(m): 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Give him two lashes of koboko. Thank me later
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by dotedote: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Sometimes you guys have your way of making one laugh uncontrollably. Are you serious ? grin grin grin grin grin
quote author=ADAMUdaCOWBOY post=74560910]Lack of beating is the cause, beat the hell out of him and watch him change for good. Spare the rod and spoil the child. They are teaching you and you are playing drum, which kind of strong head is that one? A child will not dare do that with me, Simple![/quote]
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by kennybelle: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

grin grin
I told his father to do so he gave me the report that when Nepa brought the light and fan started working, boy has lost concentration already grin grin

LMAO! no be small thing grin

give him time jare, but dnt leave him unsupervised when it comes to his academics since you already know his tendencies.

The baby will be fun to be with, i must say
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
kennybelle:

LMAO! no be small thing grin

give him time jare, but dnt leave him unsupervised when it comes to his academics since you already know his tendencies.

The baby will be fun to be with, i must say

You won't regret your time with him grin
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by vosquare: 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
densel:
You have just discribed my son. Exactly.

grin grin
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by MicroBox: 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2019
I test kids by their level of smartness not their ability to solve maths...
Him being smart is enough for you to be rest assured that he will handle it when the time comes.
Keep exposing him to many educational things at this age.
Watch cartoon with him from the beginning and at the end of it, let him tell you what happen in the cartoon.
Point and ask him the name of the characters while watching and see if he can recall their names when telling you the storyline at the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by PharmaGirl(f): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Lack of beating is the cause, beat the hell out of him and watch him change for good. Spare the rod and spoil the child. They are teaching you and you are playing drum, which kind of strong head is that one? A child will not dare do that with me, Simple!
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by dotedote: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
When adults act like children, they're taking the place of the latter and it's unacceptable. So kid-adults GROW UP.

chuksjuve:
It baffles me when adult expect children to act like adult.

Rather than thanking God for giving such s wonderful child, you are complaing of through least of problems associated with children of his age..

Human being will always be human beings majoring on the minor while ignoring or minor ring on the major..

Contact us for your landscaping and gardening services..

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Irenemmeso(f): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
johnnyn1:

You must be a joker
he is not
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Splasshhh(f): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2019
Lock account with first mobile app
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by noni14(m): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
Afonjas:
In Korea or Japan, a child of 5yrs old should be solving Nigeria JS3-SS1 maths
bross how sure are u
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Skelewudprince: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2019
Funny you.. Were they in the same class?

Cloud007:
Guide him ....but trust me he will adjust naturally while growing.

I have twin brothers like that. One was book conscious the other was very playful but highly intelligent. Both are brilliant but but the book conscious one always tell us the Kenny is more brilliant. Kenny will work on further maths but missed out the wrong answer or last step while all the working were correct.

When they got to university... with more matured mind on their diploma course to shoot them to university proper...taiwo got 4.8 GPA. Kenny got 5.0.

Kenny would later complete his university with 4.7 GPA while taiwo 4.3 GPA

Cautiously Guide him(pls understand that you will cause more damage if you go extreme)....but he will definitely grow. They always do!
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by bellazz(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Look up ADHD and see if his signs are consistent with it.

Absolutely right....
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by timmyrocks(m): 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
chloride6:

Because you crammed in university you think you are smart?
undecided
can a dull person Cram

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Cloud007: 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
Skelewudprince:
Funny you.. Were they in the same class?

yes oh...now...ehn...They are both PhD engineering student in UK same university and course

Twins of Life cool
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by passey: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Lack of beating is the cause, beat the hell out of him and watch him change for good. Spare the rod and spoil the child. They are teaching you and you are playing drum, which kind of strong head is that one? A child will not dare do that with me, Simple!

Mallam, we are talking about a child not a COW
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by remedick: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2019
too much pressure on a 5year old already? Nigeria... I won't be surprise if u dictate what he will study in the University as I am seeing those signs already. is Maths the only subject? the pressure on the kid is already too much...

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Happy New Year Everyone and May 2019 bring us good tidings.

I know there are lots of home owners or intending home owners here.

This is my way of helping you solve one of the biggest problem being faced by residents of Nigeria but I have good news for everyone here.

If you need prepaid meter in any of the South Western states, excluding Lagos, please feel free to contact me. The reason for excluding Lagos is because what we have is only recommended by IBEDC, which gives us an opportunity to serve all areas under IBEDC control.

You will be given your meter instantly after payment.

Interested persons should / can whatsapp me on 080 7597 4595.

It is genuine and our office is at Idiroko Just before you get to Canaan Land, Sango Ota.

We have sold over tens of the meter and we still have about about 37 pcs of single phase left. If you have a real estate company that needs meter for houses built, we can supply to your estate, any where in areas under IBEDC controlled states.

Thank you and I hope to see you on the other side.

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by enemyofprogress: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
I suspect fowl play. Take him to hospital for DNA test, your gateman might be the father
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by chloride6: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
timmyrocks:

can a dull person Cram

You are kidding right?
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Icon79(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
That's NOT true but I get your drift sha.

O pari

Afonjas:
In Korea or Japan, a child of 5yrs old should be solving Nigeria JS3-SS1 maths
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by Jackossky(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
chloride6:

Give am cane!

grin

Worked, works and will work; anyday anytime.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by chuksjuve(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2019
dotedote:
When adults act like children, they're taking the place of the latter and it's unacceptable. So kid-adults GROW UP.

You are right wink
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by jomoh: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

Asking for a friend

Stop him from watching cartoon during the week. If possible tv generally.

Let him play phone games on weekends

Then he should go to bed very early

Finally he should be reading words on tv anytime he’s allowed to watch tv. It will build his attention to things.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by ImaIma1(f): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
chuksjuve:
It baffles me when adult expect children to act like adult.

Rather than thanking God for giving such s wonderful child, you are complaing of through least of problems associated with children of his age..

Human being will always be human beings majoring on the minor while ignoring or minor ring on the major..

Contact us for your landscaping and gardening services..

We should not take things for granted because we are trying to appreciate God. If she notices something unusual against his peers, she should look into it. Many 5 year olds can focus on tasks. It is better to address it rather than neglecting it.

That is how someone i know didnt do anything about the fact that her child had not started babbling and making noises at a particular age. They were waiting for God's time. By the time they decided to visit a doc, it was too late to correct the deafness and muteness.

Don't take things for granted
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by CrystalMax: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

Asking for a friend

Go and watch Kevin Hart's new movie (Night school) and watch how his teacher taught him how to focus. Apply same method and the child will be fine grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by chuksjuve(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
ImaIma1:

We should not take things for granted because we are trying to appreciate God. If she notices something unusual against his peers, she should look into it. Many 5 year olds can focus on tasks. It is better to address it rather than neglecting it.

That is how someone i know didnt do anything about the fact that her child had not started babbling and making noises at a particular age. They were waiting for God's time. By the time they decided to visit a doc, it was too late to correct the deafness and muteness.

Don't take things for granted

Great point you made there
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by proffemi: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

He only watch TV at nights...around 7-9..he sleeps around 9

Okay. I am more concerned with how much TV he consumed between the ages of 1 and 4 years.
The evidence that heavy TV-watching at those young ages affects the cognition and concentration of kids is now looking very solid.
There is no real consensus right now, but I'd say 2 hours per day at age 5 isn't too much (see my point about timing below though). Two hours or more per day at earlier ages could have done some damage already though.

I suggest the following (note, I'm a Computer Science man, not a cognitive or developmental psychologist, but I have close friends who have worked in those areas):
1. Please try to limit TV time close to bed time. Yeah, I know (from personal experience!) how hard it is to find a way to keep an active young man like that occupied, but there's solid evidence that TV close to bed time is bad. VERY bad.
2. He still has a massive amount of neurological development ahead of him; I wouldn't be in a hurry to try to diagnose ADHD at all. Just consistently get him to form *healthy* habits. Ensure you get a lot of reading materials for him (phones, tablets=no, no!). Find ways of nudging him to try to stay focused for just a few more seconds each time you're together. If this doesn't yield any difference in a few months, talk to a professional.
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by sniper77(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
[quote author=vosquare post=74557551]

Asking for a friend

He is just 5years old. His dad should relax. It is normal for kids to lack concentration at that age. If he has to supervise him for his home work he should do it in a quiet environment and try to encourage the lad. The dad wasn't an Albert Einstein at the boy's age. Not ideal he puts pressure on the boy. The lad will come through
Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by optimusprime2(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
vosquare:

Asking for a friend

He reminds me of me when I was little-easily distracted but very smart, nope no ADHD, it was just my behavior...
Mathematics isn't meant to be studied by everyone esp at a young age. Teach him things that catch his interest, eventually if he needs math he will gravitate towards it and that's usually motivated by peers at school.

I speak 4 foreign languages apart from English, that's because my mum noticed I had a head for grabbing other things asides math, so she hired foreign language teachers I.e French and Dutch ... that's how I was Tri-lingual at 9yrs old, I enjoyed talking and speaking French especially, came easily. Just imagine if she wasted time teaching me something that I had no interest for and wouldn't enter fluidly just for schools sake?
Would I have known these languages I know today?

Understand your children.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by johnnyn1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2019
To all folks commenting beating, therapy, counselling etc. You all are Wrong. OP disregard their opinion and love your kid more. He is a rare Genius.

1 Like

Re: My Son Lacks Concentration by SmartMindsFx: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
Don't be shocked when those things that distract him now eventually turn out to be his source of motivation.

He's smart and creative if you ask me.
For a 5yr old to be able to pick up things easily is a plus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Needed - Anyone Around The Corner - Seriously Searching / My Brother Saw Me Unclothed In The Bathroom, I Feel So Shy And Embarrassed / Should Parents Be Held Accountable For Their Adult Children's Behavior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.