Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian (23214 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / 10 Former Governors Who May Suffer Orji Uzor Kalu’s Fate / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by kapelvej: 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
gbagyiza:

seriously, i am regretting advocating for PMB in 2015. I was called all sort of names in my former office, even being referred to as buhari's boy. I have to openly say my mind that i had confidence in him then but i was dissapointed by his government inability to do well mostly in two areas; 1. His ability to divide the country by his one sided appointments that favour mostly his people. 2. Herdsmen killing of innocent Nigerians mostly christian communities n his inability to tackle them. This is d reason i prefer a candidate that will take all Nigerians along n do the right thing without fear n favour in other to keep Nigeria safe.
My brother, you did no wrong by supporting him then, but the people I am scared of are those that are still saying PMB is the best man for the job
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Henri8: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
Yahaya Bello on my mind.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by jufee007(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
He is clouded by hatred that he couldn't make any sense of what the president said.
adioolayi:

Are you making any sense at all PMB bailed out many states of the federation from this same inability to pay workers....Now he is advising electorate and you are here saying rubbish
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by love2017(m): 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
akinhanger:

President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians not to re-elect governors who failed in their first terms, especially those who failed to pay civil servants salaries even after collecting bailouts from the federal government.

Mr Buhari, who is also seeking reelection on the platform of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), said Nigerians’ votes should go for competence.

Mr Buhari, who spoke with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, which was aired Tuesday morning, said he saw no justification in governors collecting bailout funds from the federal government and still failing to pay wages.

The president was quoted as saying, “I wonder how these governors are able to sleep knowing that they have refused to pay workers their wages.

“These workers have families to cater for, they pay rent, pay school fees, Hospital bills and food for their families.”

Mr Buhari said the Nigerian Constitution gives governors the independence to spend their funds without interference and that is why some are abusing that privilege by refusing to work for the people.

The president advised Nigerians to use their voting rights to make sure that they only vote for people who would deliver.

On the fight against corruption being undertaken by his administration, the president said unlike before, he now uses democratic means.

He said being democratic in fighting corruption is slow but assured that the objectives will eventually be achieved.

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/dont-re-elect-governors-who-failed-to-pay-salaries-buhari-warns-nigerian.html

That's a good move...
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by 1solution: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
Competence join. Mr writer has advised Nigerians not to vote for parties and president that cannot delevwer 70 percent of their electoral promises
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Lush100(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
gbagyiza:

seriously, i am regretting advocating for PMB in 2015. I was called all sort of names in my former office, even being referred to as buhari's boy. I have to openly say my mind that i had confidence in him then but i was dissapointed by his government inability to do well mostly in two areas; 1. His ability to divide the country by his one sided appointments that favour mostly his people. 2. Herdsmen killing of innocent Nigerians mostly christian communities n his inability to tackle them. This is d reason i prefer a candidate that will take all Nigerians along n do the right thing without fear n favour in other to keep Nigeria safe.

You have spoken well. i really wish he handled those two areas well. the two areas you mentioned and the issue of unemployment/standard of living /ease of doing business.

aside that i would have given him a pass mark.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Reference(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
But you campaigned for the re election of Aregbesola II in Osun.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by anselm791(m): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ajoboss:
Baba shut up abeg
Ur not different from dem
I must confess that I have been working for Baba for the last two years and he isn't owing me any salary.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by wirinet(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
Giddymoney:
How about "VOTE A COMPETENT PRESIDENT NOT A DULLARD, WHO CLAIMS HE'S NOT A CLONE

Why are you guys so obsessed with the president? You have your governor who collects billions of naira monthly and yet do absolutely nothing, you scream president.

You governor collects bail out from the federal government for the sole purpose of paying salaries, and yet most of them do not pay, you continue to shout Buhari.

Now, Buhari is advising that you should not vote for any governor who refuses to pay salaries - APC or PDP, you are shouting dullard.
Na Wa O!
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by opobo4real: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2019
I hop yeye bello is dea packing his logages gradually Vote wisely kogi.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Kenswitch(m): 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
jamaicabakare:
Yaya Bello and company right now embarassed embarassed
it go pain am wella

1 Like

Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Burgerlomo: 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
That was a good one cool
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by middlebelter(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ajoboss:
Baba shut up abeg

You are tell lies

I am not a Buharist and I criticize this my as much as possible but on this matter of salary, haba, I give it to him. He has been trying with FGN staff salaries.

Let's make the states house of assembly truly independent and separate from executive so that they legislatures can take the excess of the Governors that are diverting funds like Yahaya Bello oga "president's son".
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by phkka1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
dedonfranco:
Abia state Governor in my mind right now.
He can't pay salary.
He can't patch road's.

Abia state governor cannot pay salaries. Pensioners are owed more than 20 months of salary areas.

President gave bail out fund and these governors diverted the fund and you kept quiet only to use it as a tool for campaigning.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by arabbunkum: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

Illiterate! Go and check the meaning of what u typed and relate it to the story.
You are a stack illiterate. How could PMB be supporting governors that fail to pay salaries and at the same time urging you to vote against them? Do you think your vote will do anything against the governors when PMB has already supported them with the security forces to rig the election? You are obviously myopic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Empiree: 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ajoboss:
Baba shut up abeg

Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Empiree: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
This few lines is the reason they have their field days

Mr Buhari said the Nigerian Constitution gives governors the independence to spend their funds without interference and that is why some are abusing that privilege by refusing to work for the people

I was gonna say president should enact law to criminalize such governors. And it should actually. It should be made criminal offense to abuse their position or if they failed to pay workers' salary
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by TheStarsAlign: 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2019
Kettle + Pot = Black
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by mechanics(m): 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2019
For example, Yaya Bello.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Olawale8213(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
akinhanger:

President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians not to re-elect governors who failed in their first terms, especially those who failed to pay civil servants salaries even after collecting bailouts from the federal government.

Mr Buhari, who is also seeking reelection on the platform of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), said Nigerians’ votes should go for competence.

Mr Buhari, who spoke with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, which was aired Tuesday morning, said he saw no justification in governors collecting bailout funds from the federal government and still failing to pay wages.

The president was quoted as saying, “I wonder how these governors are able to sleep knowing that they have refused to pay workers their wages.

“These workers have families to cater for, they pay rent, pay school fees, Hospital bills and food for their families.”

Mr Buhari said the Nigerian Constitution gives governors the independence to spend their funds without interference and that is why some are abusing that privilege by refusing to work for the people.

The president advised Nigerians to use their voting rights to make sure that they only vote for people who would deliver.

On the fight against corruption being undertaken by his administration, the president said unlike before, he now uses democratic means.

He said being democratic in fighting corruption is slow but assured that the objectives will eventually be achieved.

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/dont-re-elect-governors-who-failed-to-pay-salaries-buhari-warns-nigerian.html
vote against any governor that didn't put the people first in his policies implementation.
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by lomprico(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
But u rigged aregbe's stooge in!!
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Larryomooba(m): 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2019
adioolayi:

Are you making any sense at all PMB bailed out many states of the federation from this same inability to pay workers....Now he is advising electorate and you are here saying rubbish
Y didn't he advice them before Osun Election.....smh
Re: Don’t Re-elect Governors Who Failed To Pay Salaries, Buhari Warns Nigerian by Blinkers: 12:22am On Jan 09, 2019
segzy3:
put your facts here and don't let hatred get the better of u.pica(presidential initiative on continous audit)was set up by this government and I can tell u without any fear of contradiction that they are handling Nigeria airways severance benefit as I speak to u.if you have anything contrary i challenge u just like i'v done backk it up with facts and figures. U see some going home with btw 20-30 million naira and the second trench will be paid once budget is passed. Stop politicizing issues.what I posted there is by national union of pensioners (not from the blues)

Not impressed. Talking to one who is being owed.

I don't care about politics in this your wretched Third World hell.

You are the one politicizing it. GTFOH!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

D’Banj: We Reported N-power Fraud To ICPC – Humanitarian Ministry / Rebuilding Of Chibok Commence See Pictures / Osinbajo fails to delay 35 aides’ sacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.