Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (10877 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
budaatum:

You forget that no one controls buda I can stand wherever the fuq I want!

See, you would rather I use the Spirit of God that you yourself identified as being within me to "control a multiple of worshippers to do things uniformly" ?! Amazing. That "uniformly", will it be from the Gospel according to buda who is power hungry and would dictate to everyone perhaps with the Holy Ghost that is supposed to free people from bondage? And you want buda to use that Jesuspower to make people uniform and incapable of expressing the Spirit of God that is uniquely breathed into every one of us. Is Jesus no more sitting on the right hand of God the Father judging the wicked and the dead?

Tatime I tell you the truth, if buda does what you suggest above buda will be in the hottest part of hell. Is that what you want, for buda to burn in hell?

And it's a good thing they did or you might not be as bright as you are. But if they told you or did anything to make you think the Lord God Almighty will only give the Spirit to Jws and Mr Leave all his lambs to look for one' just sat there and did not say "Excuse me Father! What of all those other people out there in the world", then I think they might of miseducated you about some very important things because, with your very own eyes, Tatime, you confessed the Spirit of God in an atheist!
Buda,do you really know what is wrong with TATIME?
How can a person just walk into a conversation between two people?
He did it when I was trying to have a short conversation with Sabrine and he eventually turned the whole page into something else with some assistance from another guy called Godwin.
Is he really normal?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

You forget that no one controls buda I can stand wherever the fuq I want!
See, you would rather I use the Spirit of God that you yourself identified as being within me to "control a multiple of worshippers to do things uniformly" ?! Amazing. That "uniformly", will it be from the Gospel according to buda who is power hungry and would dictate to everyone perhaps with the Holy Ghost that is supposed to free people from bondage? And you want buda to use that Jesuspower to make people uniform and incapable of expressing the Spirit of God that is uniquely breathed into every one of us. Is Jesus no more sitting on the right hand of God the Father judging the wicked and the dead?
Tatime I tell you the truth, if buda does what you suggest above buda will be in the hottest part of hell. Is that what you want, for buda to burn in hell?
And it's a good thing they did or you might not be as bright as you are. But if they told you or did anything to make you think the Lord God Almighty will only give the Spirit to Jws and Mr Leave all his lambs to look for one' just sat there and did not say "Excuse me Father! What of all those other people out there in the world", then I think they might of miseducated you about some very important things because, with your very own eyes, Tatime, you confessed the Spirit of God in an atheist!
Jesus said " By their FRUIT"
So let's wait and SEE the fruit of ATHEISM.
I've SEEN the fruit of Jehovah's Witnesses and everyone is talking about them as their activities are felt near and far. I'm expecting atheists to come out publicly to exhibit what they can do to benefit themselves and others.
So for now i'll reserve further comments until the effect of ATHEISM is felt everywhere just like that of Jehovah's Witnesses, for the main time i'm still one of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Buda,do you really know what is wrong with TATIME?
How can a person just walk into a conversation between two people?
He did it when I was trying to have a short conversation with Sabrine and he eventually turned the whole page into something else with some assistance from another guy called Godwin.
Is he really normal?
It's your childish attitudes that's amusing me KID,sincerely speaking i've got NOTHING against you but when a KID is trying to prove smart just because he's gotten intellectuals like Sabrina around i'll sit you down and make you know that you're still a KID! wink wink wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Ubenedictus(m): 9:30am On Jan 16, 2019
LordReed:

LoL! So the god was inspiring religious legend? LMFAO!
Yes dear, both legends poem, stories, parables...all to teach truth. do you think truth can only be presented in the genre used by scientific journals?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Yes dear, both legends poem, stories, parables...all to teach truth. do you think truth can only be presented in the genre used by scientific journals?

Why would you mix truth and fiction to supposedly teach things of eternal consequence? Scientific journals are not the only way important information is passed accross and very few use legends, Law and Accounting come to mind.

Why would a god be unable to find a way to communicate that will be free of misinterpretation? Legends are just stories with twisted details. Why would a god use that as a means to communicate what is supposed to be the most serious truth?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
TATIME:
Jesus said " By their FRUIT"
So let's wait and SEE the fruit of ATHEISM.
I've SEEN the fruit of Jehovah's Witnesses and everyone is talking about them as their activities are felt near and far. I'm expecting atheists to come out publicly to exhibit what they can do to benefit themselves and others.
So for now i'll reserve further comments until the effect of ATHEISM is felt everywhere just like that of Jehovah's Witnesses, for the main time i'm still one of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink wink wink
You have also seen the fruit of buda, note.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 12:42pm On Jan 16, 2019
LordReed:

Why would you mix truth and fiction to supposedly teach things of eternal consequence? Scientific journals are not the only way important information is passed accross and very few use legends, Law and Accounting come to mind.

Why would a god be unable to find a way to communicate that will be free of misinterpretation? Legends are just stories with twisted details. Why would a god use that as a means to communicate what is supposed to be the most serious truth?
The same reason we use Aesop Fables, my Lord, and the tortoise and the hare, and Alice in Wonderland. It works on children and the not so developed mind. The problems start when we grow up but hold on to childish believes instead of seeking understanding.

You need to stop calling the bible, god, or claim a god did anything stated in it!

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

The same reason we use Aesop Fables, my Lord, and the tortoise and the hare, and Alice in Wonderland. It works on children and the not so developed mind. The problems start when we grow up but hold on to childish believes instead of seeking understanding.

You need to stop calling the bible, god, or claim a god did anything stated in it!

Exactly. They don't quote Aesop's fables in the law courts. LMFAO!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
LordReed:

Exactly. They don't quote Aesop's fables in the law courts. LMFAO!
They, those who know it, do quote Aesop's Fables in the law court!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

They, those who know it, do quote Aesop's Fables in the law court!

As legal arguments? No way.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
LordReed:

As legal arguments? No way.
In legal arguments, as rhetoric. The Bible is not used as legal arguments either.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

In legal arguments, as rhetoric. The Bible is not used as legal arguments either.

Ahh but it is used as evidence. If we are making the bible a book of fables and rhetoric I am fine with that.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
LordReed:

Ahh but it is used as evidence. If we are making the bible a book of fables and rhetoric I am fine with that.
I don't know that the Bible is "used as evidence". Do you mean like "the pastor done it, in the vestry, with the bible, here is exhibit A" ?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

I don't know that the Bible is "used as evidence". Do you mean like "the pastor done it, in the vestry, with the bible, here is exhibit A" ?

I meant the bible is quoted to support different stuff, nobody quotes Aesop to support the existence of talking tortoise and hare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
LordReed:

I meant the bible is quoted to support different stuff, nobody quotes Aesop to support the existence of talking tortoise and hare.
It sure would be odd to "quote Aesop to support the existence of talking tortoise and hare" like they use the bible to support burning bushes and talking donkeys!

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
TATIME:
It's your childish attitudes that's amusing me KID,sincerely speaking i've got NOTHING against you but when a KID is trying to prove smart just because he's gotten intellectuals like Sabrina around i'll sit you down and make you know that you're still a KID! wink wink wink
It's your disorder that irks me.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

You have also seen the fruit of buda, note.
buda has got NO visible fruits, all what buds has got is theories NOT practicals.
What i go for is the one that's explained and the practical applications that's WORKING!
That's why i keep telling you "we're Jehovah's Witnesses" everyone is talking about us,those who are sincere will say stuff like....

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
HellVictorinho:

It's your disorder that irks me.
It's OK let's forgive and forget, just the social media thing. That's why our faces are hidden so that we can meet elsewhere and be best of friends so far we keep RELIGION or ATHEISM in their place! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2019
TATIME:
It's OK let's forgive and forget, just the social media thing. That's why our faces are hidden so that we can meet elsewhere and be best of friends so far we keep RELIGION or ATHEISM in their place! smiley smiley smiley
Hell knows that it's social media.
Hell knows that social media is a tool.
But Hell is Hell to people that remind him that he is Hell when Hell is yet to identify himself as Hell.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Hell knows that it's social media.
Hell knows that social media is a tool.
But Hell is Hell to people that remind him that he is Hell when Hell is yet to identify himself as Hell.
Hmmmmmmm it's well my friend! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
TATIME:
buda has got NO visible fruits, all what buds has got is theories NOT practicals.
Blindness comes in all forms. There is a blindness that limits the ability to see and there's blindness which involves the unblind person covering the eye so as not to see. Then there's blindness of the mind where the eye sees but the mind refuses to accept what is seen. Oh Tatime you are covering your eye, denying the evidence I laid before you and which you confessed in your own words.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

Blindness comes in all forms. There is a blindness that limits the ability to see and there's blindness which involves the unblind person covering the eye so as not to see. Then there's blindness of the mind where the eye sees but the mind refuses to accept what is seen. Oh Tatime you are covering your eye, denying the evidence I laid before you and which you confessed in your own words.
You're not getting my point man!
There thousands upon thousands of motivational speakers in religion, the Churches coming first and Islam following. Atheism is just developing her own motivational speakers as well. But let's SEE the visible fruits as in what all these speakers are teaching in theories!
Let's SEE the aftermath in the lives and reactions of adherents. That's my point!
You're not as motivational as i do in speaking my friend, but when it comes to the practical applications of what we're saying, i'm presenting Jehovah's Witnesses as evidence to prove that what i'm saying is PRACTICAL! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
TATIME:
There thousands upon thousands of motivational speakers in religion, the Churches coming first and Islam following. Atheism is just developing her own motivational speakers as well. But let's SEE the visible fruits as in what all these speakers are teaching in theories!
Let's SEE the aftermath in the lives and reactions of adherents. That's my point!
You're not as motivational as i do in speaking my friend, but when it comes to the practical applications of what we're saying, i'm presenting Jehovah's Witnesses as evidence to prove that what i'm saying is PRACTICAL! smiley smiley smiley

#humblebrag
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
TATIME:
Tatime, I guess you did not sincerely follow our conversation from the beginning, much of what I said might have gone straight over you but you and I know it touched your spirit. I have nothing against Jws. In fact, though I have heard their view, you are the second Jw I've ever discussed atheism with. The first was 90 year old Papa Roger (rip), who on hearing I was an atheist refused to talk to me for months until he learnt about me. Still it would be unwise to assume all Jws are like you.

You know what I do Tatime, because I have done it to you. I'm not knocking on anyone's door because I can sit in my warm house and knock on people's brains wherever they are and however much they resist with my words abiding as long as Nairaland lives! Or you seriously think the many people reading here are not hearing because we are not knocking on their doors? Go read our conversation from the beginning. You'll get it.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

Tatime, I guess you did not sincerely follow our conversation from the beginning, much of what I said might have gone straight over you but you and I know it touched your spirit. I have nothing against Jws. In fact, though I have heard their view, you are the second Jw I've ever discussed atheism with. The first was 90 year old Papa Roger (rip), who on hearing I was an atheist refused to talk to me for months until he learnt about me. Still it would be unwise to assume all Jws are like you.

You know what I do Tatime, because I have done it to you. I'm not knocking on anyone's door because I can sit in my warm house and knock on people's brains wherever they are and however much they resist with my words abiding as long as Nairaland lives! Or you seriously think the many people reading here are not hearing because we are not knocking on their doors? Go read our conversation from the beginning. You'll get it.
You're very funny my friend.
Well you don't know what being a JW entails, but let me enlighten you about us.
First it's not about how old a person is that matters but how STRONGLY entrenched in the understanding of what he/she is learning. For your information, there are many JWs that have become atheists but what is their background? They're born,bread and brought up by parents who left their responsibilities to INCULCATE into their children the principles of FAITH. These so called parents just live like anyone else as in going to any length to have babies, send them to schools,bring them to JW meetings and assume that's all! undecided undecided undecided
Such children will actually grew up with doubts about what the organization teaches. But Tatime has been into so many religious groups,earnestly searching for the TRUTH and when i met JWs,i ask thought provoking questions CRITICALLY. My heart is stronger than you can imagine my friend, because i've read and studied books and HEARTS of men as i get closer to them. Moreover God's words says teaching by examples makes the teaching sinks down into the hearts of students. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
That's why i said whatever you're saying FACELESSLY on social media can only motivate your audience for sometimes, but for it to stick to their minds they must SEE the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of what you're saying and that they're to learn from no other person but you! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
budaatum:

Blindness comes in all forms. There is a blindness that limits the ability to see and there's blindness which involves the unblind person covering the eye so as not to see.[/url].
This is what makes things go sour between atheists and religious people!
Because i commended your ability to reason doesn't implies that you've won my heart over! wink wink wink
Commendations are what JWs must do to whoever allows for reasoning with us,but it's bad when you're now insinuating that your listener is BLIND simply because he/she tactfully says NO to your proposal!
And it doesn't mean that such a person doesn't want the TRUTH. Remember ATHEISM teaches NO specific idea of any kind but that everyone should be allowed to decide what they'll choose to BELIEVE or DISBELIEVE!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by MrPRevailer(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2019
frosbel2:

Trust me if the Donkey actually did talk, everybody would have fled the scene. smiley

And besides, why have we not witnessed animals talking for the past 1000 years.

Balaam saw the angel of God. Do people see angels with physical eyes?

Ethsiasm for Lack of understanding is what is disturbing you guys
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by MrPRevailer(m): 7:43am On Jan 17, 2019
HellVictorinho:

God can't function by LOGIC so he/she has to be someone that is extremely insane.

I do hear people say THIS IS INSANE. When they discovered/achieved something amazing beyond their wild dreams.

Extremely Insane, wonderful, amazing, out-of-ordinary. I get it.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by MrPRevailer(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Such irony. And all these is coming from someone who believes in the bible. Smdh

Such Xirony coming from a hammerhead who believes in BIG BANG. cheesy
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 17, 2019
@budaatum
Imagine someone who has lived all his/her life as a churchgoer and later decided to listen to JWs perhaps due to continuous strife going on in the Churches because of misapplication of Bible texts.
Such a person will simply be like that thief Jesus promised "i'm telling you today,you'll be with me in Paradise" of course he can't stand any criticism against the FAITH but his mind is made up to keep learning from Jesus as he's following Him as a just leader!
This old woman(100 years) just got baptised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, certainly you can't expect her to stand face to face with fierce criticism answering all questions, so she'll just avoid whatever will distract her from learning more about what she has missed all her life!

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2019
MrPRevailer:

I do hear people say THIS IS INSANE. When they discovered/achieved something amazing beyond their wild dreams.

Extremely Insane, wonderful, amazing, out-of-ordinary. I get it.
No,I'm talking about psychiatric disorders.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by hopefulLandlord: 9:43am On Jan 17, 2019
janettee:
Jesus fed 5000 people with five loaves of bread and two fishes grin.

Finish the story sweetheart. After feeding them they had 12 (Twelve) basketfuls of uneaten leftovers

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Drop Christianity, The White Man's Religion / Prophecy: You Will Get Married In 2022 - Fr Kelvin Ugwu / OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.