Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (10873 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2019
MJBOLT:
Jesus was born poor so that Christians can be rich
Sorry that's FALSE! God wants everyone to enjoy life to the full, whether you're HIS worshipper or not! Matthew 5:45
HE detests suffering for HIS earthly children, so whether they brought it upon themselves or someone else is inflicting pains on them causing them anguish God is not happy as such occurrences bring NO glory to HIS holy name. That's why those doing evil will be exterminated, whether they're causing pains on others or themselves! Psalms 37:9-11
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
The OMNIs are misinterpretation of what the book says. You're accusing and simultaneously judging HIM without a fair hearing! cheesy cheesy cheesy
What kind of clown post is this? Oya please explain what the bible passages I displayed above tell about god.

TATIME:
Of course if HE had ALREADY predestined them to do good or bad,would they have a choice? Deuteronomy 30:19 undecided undecided undecided
Thank you!!! grin grin grin. Contradicting Messages Of The Bible No 1:
Deutoronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,

“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please” (Isaiah 46:9-10).
“Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD” (Psalm 139:4).
“O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways” (Psalm 139:1-3).

As a bible scholar, reconcile the scripture you posted with the three I posted. How can God give someone a choice when he has already planned the end of someone's days before that person was even born? How does one really have a choice here.

TATIME:
That's why i said misinformed churchgoers have filled your minds with so much junks that you no more care to listen to the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of the documents! smiley smiley smiley
I'm sorry, you've been discussing with the arrogant churchgoers who thought they understood the inspired writings but in the actual fact,they're enemies of the author! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Again with the arrogant claims of false churchgoers. Are you aware that this is a logical fallacy? I've studied and read the bible for way longer than you may think. In case you've forgotten, I've been a christian from birth.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
There's NO offense in expression of thoughts, it's when you purposely intends hurting others verbally that's offensive!
I say it as it is. No malice. Its my duty to call out faulty reasoning when I come accross it in a debate.

TATIME:
Yes God Created Adam and Eve,HE gave them the freewill to decide what they'll like to do e.g food,drinks,games,hobbies even any sex styles of their choice but when it comes to dealing with the feelings of other intelligent beings they must take in certain instructions so has not to hurt themselves and others!
I've never seen this explanation of free will . Anyway, it doesn't matter because God has already predetermined ALL events, including those games and hobbies you mentioned. As the creator of the universe, all knowledge is contained in him. By default, He IS omniscient.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
If you're saying God is not a tri-omni being, then why do you call him god?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

What kind of clown post is this? Oya please explain what the bible passages are displayed above tell about god.

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,

“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please” (Isaiah 46:9-10).
“O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways” (Psalm 139:1-3).

As a bible scholar, reconcile the scripture you posted with the three I posted. How can God give someone a choice when he has already planned the end of someone's days before that person was even born? How does one really have a choice here.

Again with the arrogant claims of false churchgoers. Are you aware that this is a logical fallacy? I've studied and read the bible for way longer than you may think. In case you've forgotten, I've been a christian from birth.
The Truth is a lie.
But TATIME wants to prove that he can actually debate.
If my Sublime Sabrine can help him with the elements of reality,she can as well continue with her words of insight.
And I stand in full support.
For Hell is here.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2019
frosbel2:
Guys , you cannot win against Jehovah Witnesses.

They are one of the most DELUDED followers of ANGEL Jesus ( They don't of course believe in the Trinity ). The more facts you bring up, the more they twist 'scripture' to their own confusion. Argument is their expertise and they will throw anything at a discussion hoping that some of their made up nonsense sticks.

Alas TATIME we know what it is, more astounding rubbish from you based on MYTH.
Tatime is smarter than some I'd say, though the fact he's a bit literal is grating and I don't like his "we the happy happy" neither, but he's good to discuss with if you hear what he's saying instead of "Jehova Jehova" you witness in your own head and hear all the time. Don't give up declaring you're beat, frosbel2! Unless you are, of course.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

What kind of clown post is this? Oya please explain what the bible passages I displayed above tell about god.
The Psalmist's statement is about how God can read what man is able to do in the future, NOT that God programmed man to do things! wink wink wink
God is reassuring HIS faithful servants to be rest assured that all what HE has promised will come to pass,because Satan is distracting God's servants with many side attractions as if God will not be able to fulfill HIS promises. smiley smiley smiley
That doesn't contradicts the fact that God is placing two options before mankind, whether to choose good or bad!
As far as Christianity is concerned Sir/Ma, you're NEVER a Christian just another misinformed churchgoer! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
The Psalmist's statement is about how God can read what man is able to do in the future, NOT that God programmed man to do things! wink wink wink
God is reassuring HIS faithful servants to be rest assured that all what HE has promised will come to pass,because Satan is distracting God's servants with many side attractions as if God will not be able to fulfill HIS promises. smiley smiley smiley
That doesn't contradicts the fact that God is placing two options before mankind, whether to choose good or bad!
LMAO!! You didn't address Isaiah though, where God himself said he was omniscient and programmed man's end from the beginning grin grin. And like I said, if you keep insisting that God is not omniscient, then he doesn't deserve to be called god.

TATIME:
As far as Christianity is concerned Sir/Ma, you're NEVER a Christian just another misinformed churchgoer! cheesy cheesy cheesy
And you flop miserably again. This is an informal logical fallacy known as an appeal to purity, or “No True Scotsman,” in which one makes a universal generalization to exclude a counterexample.
"One Scotsman declares that no Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. Another points out that he's a Scotsman, and he puts sugar on his porridge. To that, the first replies that no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. Therefore, the second Scotsman is not a Scotsman at all."
This is a defense mechanism. You christians whole world is built on the assumption that your particular system of belief is so obviously true that only the most perverse could reject it. The possibility that someone who once believed everything that they do, and felt the same emotional attachment and other fruits the spirit could fall away is literally unthinkable. When it does happen, they have to come up with some way to resolve the conflict that doesn't involve looking closely at the belief itself. And so we get the excuses - "you were never a true Christian" or "you have been misled by Satan" or "you have to look past the actions of the members and believe in the Church". Anything to avoid placing the blame where it actually belongs - in the system itself.
Please don't accuse me of never being a christian. That's the pinnacle of ignorance and i'd expect more from a so called scholar like you. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO!! You didn't address Isaiah though, where God himself said he was omniscient and programmed man's end from the beginning grin grin. And like I said, if you keep insisting that God is not omniscient, then he doesn't deserve to be called god.

And you flop miserably again. This is an informal logical fallacy known as an appeal to purity, or “No True Scotsman,” in which one makes a universal generalization to exclude a counterexample.
"One Scotsman declares that no Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. Another points out that he's a Scotsman, and he puts sugar on his porridge. To that, the first replies that no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. Therefore, the second Scotsman is not a Scotsman at all."
This is a defense mechanism. You christians whole world is built on the assumption that your particular system of belief is so obviously true that only the most perverse could reject it. The possibility that someone who once believed everything that they do, and felt the same emotional attachment and other fruits the spirit could fall away is literally unthinkable. When it does happen, they have to come up with some way to resolve the conflict that doesn't involve looking closely at the belief itself. And so we get the excuses - "you were never a true Christian" or "you have been misled by Satan" or "you have to look past the actions of the members and believe in the Church". Anything to avoid placing the blame where it actually belongs - in the system itself.
Please don't accuse me of never being a christian. That's the pinnacle of ignorance and i'd expect more from a so called scholar like you.
Don't allow this dude to get you.
Sabrine deserves better. cool
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I say it as it is. No malice. Its my duty to call out faulty reasoning when I come accross it in a debate.
I've never seen this explanation of free will . Anyway, it doesn't matter because God has already predetermined ALL events, including those games and hobbies you mentioned. As the creator of the universe, all knowledge is contained in him. By default, He IS omniscient.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
If you're saying God is not a tri-omni being, then why do you call him god?
Thanks for that thought provoking question Sir/Ma, the title God doesn't mean someone who is OMNI this OMNI that, otherwise HE himself won't have called others Gods! Psalms 82:1,6
God is just a TITLE and so many spirit beings are answering to that (1Corinthians 8:5) but according to the Bible, there is one that's greater than all other spirit beings! Psalms 83:18
If you're reading through HIS words and you don't grasps HIS attributes,please try to meditate on recorded events to truthfully know more about HIS qualities. For instance HE got so angry that HE wanted to destroy the whole Assembly of Israelites in the wilderness due to their stubborness and lack of faith, but it was Moses who reminded Him that if HE does that of course HIS promise to Abraham still stands since Moses (the one HE intended to preserve) is still Abraham's offspring. But all the nations who heard how HE brought these people out of Egypt will say "HE couldn't fulfill HIS promise to take them to the promised land so HE destroyed them on the way" Exodus 32:8-14
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Lol grin grin. Get to me for what? Its not like he has managed to answer ANY of my questions; he's still struggling with 2 of them grin grin grin

Its just that I hate that disgusting phrase "Those who left the faith were never true Christians to begin with.". A very intellectually dishonest statement and proof that even they don't have 100% faith in their beliefs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks for that thought provoking question Sir/Ma, the title God doesn't mean someone who is OMNI this OMNI that, otherwise HE himself won't have called others Gods! Psalms 82:1,6
God is just a TITLE and so many spirit beings are answering to that (1Corinthians 8:5) but according to the Bible, there is one that's greater than all other spirit beings! Psalms 83:18
If you're reading through HIS words and you don't grasps HIS attributes,please try to meditate on recorded events to truthfully know more about HIS qualities. For instance HE got so angry that HE wanted to destroy the whole Assembly of Israelites in the wilderness due to their stubborness and lack of faith, but it was Moses who reminded Him that if HE does that of course HIS promise to Abraham still stands since Moses (the one HE intended to preserve) is still Abraham's offspring. But all the nations who heard how HE brought these people out of Egypt will say "HE couldn't fulfill HIS promise to take them to the promised land so HE destroyed them on the way" Exodus 32:8-14
Define God. I want to hear your definition. List out his characteristics and I will tell you whether he qualifies as a god or not.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
See Moses, reasoning sense into God!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Please don't accuse me of never being a christian. That's the pinnacle of ignorance and i'd expect more from a so called scholar like you. undecided
OK let's resolve that in a simple way!
*what did Jesus say about carrying of weapons?
*what was His stand on BLOOD or WATER relation?
*what are the obligations of a Christian?
*how do you react to curses from an enemy?
*what is His stand on politics?
Your effectiveness in answering these questions is enough to prove if you TRUTHFULLY know what being a Christian means! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Lol grin grin. Get to me for what? Its not like he has managed to answer ANY of my questions; he's still struggling with 2 of them grin grin grin

Its just that I hate that disgusting phrase "Those who left the faith were never true Christians to begin with.". A very intellectually dishonest statement and proof that even they don't have 100% faith in their beliefs
The statement is crappy, yeah.
And people like TATIME will only waste your time.
But I will rather pray in your name and let her majesty do the rest.
So,In the Name of Sabrine I Pray,Amen. cool
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

If only they'd work on the stick in their own eye. It's like when they say, "read it again, slowly", as if one were blind like they are when in fact it is they themselves that don't know the meaning of their own words! So annoying.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2019
HellVictorinho:

You ran away from the HOT seat! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So watch and listen to intelligence my friend, this is not a debate for kids like you who simply results to curses in the heat of confrontation! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Faith simply means the assured expectations of things hoped for the evidence demonstration of realities though not beheld! So faith is not when you're going ahead of the one promising you something and declaring what HE should be instead of what HE claims to be!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
You ran away from the HOT seat! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So watch and listen to intelligence my friend, this is not a debate for kids like you who simply results to curses in the heat of confrontation! wink wink wink
Alright, I will break the promise I made to myself.
And I am doing that already by replying you.
What you call intelligence here is one-sided.
Sabrine is killing you.
But I know you won't stop.
And you shouldn't talk about curses since you use them as well.
Lastly,you deserve to be cursed.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2019
budaatum:

See Moses, reasoning sense into God!
HE has no reason whatsoever to humble HIMSELF before humans who are mere dust! Psalms 103:14
But as a loving father HE wants us to copy such fine qualities from HIM! Ephesians 5:1 compared to Galatians 5:23 wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Alright, I will break the promise I made to myself.
And I am doing that already by replying you.
What you call intelligence here is one-sided.
Sabrine is killing you.
But I know you won't stop.
And you shouldn't talk about curses since you use them as well.
Lastly,you deserve to be cursed.
You're blessed Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
This is for everyone, right?
TATIME:
"Sell your cloak and buy a book". Jesus' only battle was when the devil challenged him. He is asking that you always have your Christ weapon, the word, within you.
TATIME:
They are not the most important thing to consider. "Love all your neighbours, regardless". Enlightened Christians understand that to mean, "love everything that exists, including your so called enemies!" You might understand here why some Christians don't stone gay people, and Muslims.
TATIME:
Be the salt of the earth, the bringer of peace, by loving your neighbours sincerely!
TATIME:
"Turn the other cheek and let them wear themselves out, after all, it's not as if they can do you harm!"
TATIME:
Socialists! Property is theft! Don't be greedy! Share!
TATIME:
Your effectiveness in answering these questions is enough to prove if you TRUTHFULLY know what being a Christian means! wink wink wink
The head Christian will give me a score, right?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Define God. I want to hear your definition. List out his characteristics and I will tell you whether he qualifies as a god or not.
The title "God" according to the Bible simply means one to be revered as in to subject oneself completely to HIS will or decisions. That's why most humans have been playing the God thing on their fellow humans! When anybody is demanding exclusive devotion from another person, such one is playing the role of GOD! So JEHOVAH the ONLY true God is just introducing HIMSELF to humans with the help of the book HE inspired humans like you and i to write, please don't add to what HE reveals about HIMSELF! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
HE has no reason whatsoever to humble HIMSELF before humans who are mere dust! Psalms 103:14
But as a loving father HE wants us to copy such fine qualities from HIM! Ephesians 5:1 compared to Galatians 5:23 wink wink wink
It's not humble to listen to the voice of those one is greater than. In fact, it is wise, and what a god should do.

If one were to use that word, it would refer more to Moses, who didn't go about shouting, "I told you what to do, God!" That's humble., or at least, a lack of arrogance worth copying.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
budaatum:

This is for everyone, right?

"Sell your cloak and buy a book". Jesus' only battle was when the devil challenged him. He is asking that you always have your Christ weapon, the word within you.

They are not the most important thing to consider. "Love all your neighbours, regardless". Enlightened Christians understand that to mean, "love everything that exists, including your so called enemies!" You might understand here why some Christians don't stone gay people, and Muslims.

Be the salt of the earth, the bringer of peace by loving your neighbours sincerely!

"Turn the other cheek and let them wear themselves out, after all, it's not as if they can do you harm!"

Socialists! Property is theft! Don't be greedy! Share!

The head Christian will give me a score, right?
Hmmmmmmmmm budaatum!
Well thanks for the enlightenment even though you missed some of it but at least you've scored over 70%.
So let's hear from Sabrina,please be sincere were you able to stay in tune with these explanations when you claimed to be a Christian?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2019
budaatum:

It's not humble to listen to the voice of those one is greater than. In fact, it is wise, and what a god should do.

If one were to use that word, it would refer more to Moses, who didn't go about shouting, "I told you what to do, God!" That's humble., or at least, a lack of arrogance worth copying.
I feel like saying God bless you budaatum!
So what's wrong when JEHOVAH humbly listened to the Moses and took his advice? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2019
This Q&A game is really interesting.
Unfortunately, I can only promise TATIME more torment for addressing me as 'lost'.
Well, he also said I am blessed but that is not the bone of contention.
If he wants to debate with me,he must stick to the rules of Q&A.
Lastly, "LLEH SI EREH"
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm budaatum!
Well thanks for the enlightenment even though you missed some of it but at least you've scored over 70%.
So let's hear from Sabrina,please be sincere were you able to stay in tune with these explanations when you claimed to be a Christian?
According to whom did I score 70% Tatime?

In fact, I've been noticing this attitude of some people assuming to be God or God's mouthpiece lately. 9inches tried it, now you Tatime are doing it too. Please note that I find your assumption of judgement and of being God's mouthpiece very insulting and annoying! Just thought to let yous know.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
I feel like saying God bless you budaatum!
So what's wrong when JEHOVAH humbly listened to the Moses and took his advice? undecided undecided undecided
Nothing is wrong! I said it's the proper thing to do. One would expect no less from a mighty god!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
LOL!! You're simply just begging for a "gotcha" moment abi? grin grin I know your type; Intellectually dubious christians who design questions just so they can trap atheists. But let me just play your game for once in this argument wink

TATIME:
You didn't specify where in the bible but I'm assuming this passage:
“Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” Luke 22:35-38
This phrase is understood in various ways: (1) Jesus is indicating His former way has failed and now the disciples must become revolutionists. (2) Jesus is speaking in irony. Previously the disciples found His way adequate, but now they are ready to abandon it. (3) The disciples are heading toward a time of persecution different from anything they have known and for which they are to make prudent preparation. The first view is impossible. The second or third interpretation best fits the passage.

TATIME:
According to 2 John 7, there was the widespread belief that Jesus had only "appeared" and therefore did not come in the flesh -- so-called incipient Gnosticism.
2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

So in the epistle of First John, we see this "foot-stomping" that the very eternal life of God was robed in human flesh.
1 John 1:1-2
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us.

In other words, this eternal life was robed in the flesh, who was able to be physically touched, and he is equated with "eternal life."
1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

So he came in the flesh and he is "the true God." We therefore acknowledge that the mortal life of his body is blood, but we also see in the Gospel of John that the "eternal life" of Jesus Christ is "water." That is, Jesus described his eternal life as "living water."
John 4:13-14: Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”

So this eternal life is the "living water." So there we have the blood, which is the mortal life of the Person of Jesus Christ, and we have the water, which is the eternal life of the Person of Jesus Christ. When he died on the cross, both his mortal life (blood) and eternal life (water) left his body, and so the PERSON died both physically and spiritually. Please click here for an amplified discussion.

This particular revelation of "water + blood" comes from the Holy Spirit, who reveals (and therefore "testifies"wink divine truth to man according to 1 John 5:6 (and also Ephesians 3:5). And of course the resurrection of Jesus Christ (which was the blood + the water + the Spirit) also "testifies" together collectively according to 1 John 5:7 (and also Romans 1:3-4).
smiley

TATIME:
There are only two and all others fall under their umbrella. Love God with all our might, soul and mind, then second, love everyone else as we love ourselves. Even the next most important duty of telling others of God and Jesus falls under the second of the “great commandments”. If we don’t tell others then we don’t love them enough to save them from eternal fire. I find the telling of others to be very important due to Romans 10:9–10. Some say it is a work, but it is an act of love, not a work of the law which works were meant to better us. The act of love only shows our love, it is not meant to better us, although it probably does.

TATIME:
If the Christian expects to be slandered and keeps his eyes focused on God when it happens, he will not be depressed over it.
Other human beings can harm only a christian's worldly pleasure. A person can injure a christian's body, steal his money, or even destroy his reputation. However, all of these things have to do only with the cares and pleasures of this world. But they have an inheritance that is laid up in heaven, a treasure no one can steal or defile (1 Peter 1:4). It is protected by the Lord Himself.

TATIME:
I'd imagine Jesus Christ as an absolute dictator.
Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
For His 1,000 year kingdom, He will reign absolutely, unquestioned and unchallenged in perfection. Sin will be immediately and harshly dealt with, resulting in being cast into a literal, visible lake of fire. Even reading the so-called “sermon on the mount”, if one pays close attention, he will see that all the nice-sounding stuff has a very dire warning behind it. Matthew 5–7 is the “Constitution of the Kingdom”, and contains the code of conduct for this millennial kingdom.
Jesus isn’t a libertarian, or a commie or socialist (He has a brain, after all). He is a perfect, powerful potentate, the only flawless king ever, and His kingdom and authority will be absolute.

TATIME:
These questions are a scam to be honest. You're attempting to attain by rhetoric and entrapment what you'll never get. You've come no closer to answering my questions and now you want to turn the questions at me. I knew you'll never be able to answer those questions directly grin. Just give up and admit to me that you have no answer to my questions; I wont hold it against you grin grin grin
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
@XxSabrinaxX
Going by the explanations from budaatum, i hope you agreed with him but if not we can iron that out later.
So were you once a Christian? Because those things budaatum explained must be STRICTLY adhered to by the entire association of those you were worshipping with back then if truthfully they are Christians. But if it's not so then you were NEVER a Christian because Christians worships together as congregations and all that Christ COMMANDED they must uphold! Matthew 28:19,20 wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
HE has no reason whatsoever to humble HIMSELF before humans who are mere dust!
Mere dust? Don't be silly calling a thing God moulded with its own hands and breathed its own breathe into, "mere dust", it is blasphemy! That "mere dust" was referred to as gods in their own right, mind, by people with authority! The Lord your God cannot be telling you to love "mere dust" with all your heart and all your soul and all your being and God!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
"God"" bless the OP for creating this thread.
Making it possible for another session of Q&A.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Has No Plans To Re-marry / How You Can Help Your Children Follow The Growth Pattern Of Jesus / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.