Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (10875 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
Oro pa esi je! cheesy cheesy cheesy

À ń pe gbẹ́nàgbẹ́nà ẹyẹ àkókó ń yọjú
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Ubenedictus(m): 10:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
Dantedasz:
What about the story of Noah and his floating zoo?
Or the man living in a belly of a fish?
Or the ridiculous story of the Tower of Babel and God confusing language because the Tower was reaching heaven?
I guess God hasn't heard of the Burj Khalifa or the Trump towers. He needs to come down and confuse language a bit more.
and somehow all you educated folks forgot that the bible is a library of book with different genre, so poetry, others myth and lengends, all portraying religious truths.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
TATIME:
By carefully observing SPEECHES, EXPRESSIONS and WORSHIPS of intelligent creatures in my neighborhood! wink wink wink
Tell me the names of the areas your neighbourhood has been in.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2019
LordReed:

Che! Slaughtered every corner he sticks his head out of!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 1:05am On Jan 15, 2019
budaatum:

Che! Slaughtered every corner he sticks his head out of!

LoL!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2019
budaatum:

Tell me the names of the areas your neighbourhood has been in.
You can tell me anywhere on this planet where each inhabitants proves to be absolutely free from mind controlling? wink wink wink Or better still someone you and i can recognise that's absolutely free from mind controlling? wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 15, 2019
LordReed:

Hmmmmmmmmmm Sugbon nilu awon afoju,oloju kan l'Oba ooooo. Tobaje teye ni ka so,kosi gbenagbena to gboju to Akoko ninu gbogbo eye loko oooooo! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 7:43am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm Sugbon nilu awon afoju,oloju kan l'Oba ooooo. Tobaje teye ni ka so,kosi gbenagbena to gboju to Akoko ninu gbogbo eye loko oooooo! wink wink wink

OK that's enough Yoruba, thank you.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 15, 2019
LordReed:

OK that's enough Yoruba, thank you.
You're welcome! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 15, 2019
budaatum:

How do you know this?
Please can you explain what's happening in these pictures?
Those little ones(below) are PROPERLY dressed due to their condition and those grownups(above) are also PROPERLY dressed. Definitely something is CONTROLLING their minds! Perhaps RELIGION i guess! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2019
@budaatum
Please try developing interest in carefully studying the people around you and think about what motivates their speeches, expressions and worships.
The indisputable TRUTH is~
THERE IS NO SANE INDIVIDUAL THAT'S ABSOLUTELY FREE FROM MIND CONTROLLING! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
Neither was the BIG BANG from some documents written by humans like you and i DEMONSTRATED. It's all believing in documents written by humans who lived before you and i. So i think it's the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of what's written that could resolve this issue,NOT unwarranted arguments! wink wink wink
So what's the lasting benefit of your so called BIG BANG? cheesy cheesy cheesy
If both biblical and scientific documents are undemonstrated, as you claim, why pick the bible and drop science? Why not drop the bible and pick science?

If you can pick a biblical document that is undemonstrated, why should you have a problem with "undemonstrated" scientific documents? Why even choose something that is undemonstrated?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2019
Martinez19:
If both biblical and scientific documents are undemonstrated, as you claim, why pick the bible and drop science? Why not drop the bible and pick science?

If you can pick a biblical document that is undemonstrated, why should you have a problem with "undemonstrated" scientific documents? Why even choose something that is undemonstrated?
He is proud of his God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
What do you expect? That i should be restricted to a document that you don't regard? Come on! You're a scholar from a faculty that teaches people reliance on intellect!
So let's test how beneficial your accumulated info could be to yourself and others! wink wink wink
Are you for real? grin

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
Neither was the BIG BANG from some documents written by humans like you and i DEMONSTRATED. It's all believing in documents written by humans who lived before you and i. So i think it's the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of what's written that could resolve this issue,NOT unwarranted arguments! wink wink wink
So what's the lasting benefit of your so called BIG BANG? cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin haba!

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2019
HellVictorinho:

He is proud of his God.
You mean his undemonstrated god? grin cheesy

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
There you go again!
Well my God doesn't order me to kill!
In fact it is boldly written in HIS law "Don't Kill" undecided undecided undecided
Israelites returned to the land HE gave them but found settlers already occupying the land,all of them have heard how HE brought these people out of Egypt with a mighty hand WITHOUT A MILITARY FORCE.
So while some INTELLIGENT ones decided to leave or beg for where to stay, unintelligent ones wanna put up a fight,of course they're still thinking all what happened was coincidental so HE ordered the Israelites to stand and face them so that they may realise it's not just a coincidence!
But today,HE has sent HIS son and HIS worshippers are everywhere, moreover HE is ready to send angels to exterminate disobedient ones. So our work now is to warn you NOT to kill you,as for whoever ignore or reject the warnings it's ANGELS that are coming to wipe them off!
Before you believed all you typed, were they demonstrated? grin
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
They may claim to be OLDER,it's just a pity that the ONLY logic to settle that is what your folks are questioning now!
If there is a dispute over the ownership of a land,the judges will demand for the HISTORY of that particular land and whoever knows the origin of the first settlers is the rightful owner!
Let them claim to be OLDER than Christianity, but let them answer how man got here? If they're truthfully older than Christianity. Note that Christianity is just a CONTINUATION of an ancient form of worship!
So don't think it just began when Jesus was born, for He said "i've not come to abolish what has been established but to fulfill it", therefore let them present better explanations on all the topics that the Bible has mentioned!
shocked cheesy grin

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2019
Martinez19:
Before you believed all you typed, were they demonstrated? grin
First of all let me say "You are highly welcome into this podium Mr/Mrs/Ms Martinez!" This is Tatime and please do pardon my half baked English, it's not as polished as that of other motivational speakers you might have met before in RELIGION.
Bible students don't drop science as you thought, we only uphold the Bible in high esteem than anything else. In fact we've made the best use of science to enlighten our neighbors,and in most cases science has been helpful in the dissemination of our messages.
The first and foremost parts of the Bible were written on scrolls by HAND copyists,later PRINTED and combined in paper volumes, the electronic devices used in printing millions of copies and today soft copies are found on mobile phones, tablets and computers. All these are made easy due to SCIENCE!
So it's unwise for a Bible student to say science has done nothing when we can SEE all of these. What we are saying is it's totally a blunder to allow SCIENCE to shapen the thoughts, words and actions of intelligent beings, that will be DISASTROUS! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO!! First of all, calm down grin grin. Its not a fight lol. Second of all, how do you define God's characteristics then, because I'm very sure, according to your bible, God is a tri-omni being.

He IS omniscient
Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.

1 John 3:20
in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

Psalm 139:1-4
Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

Matthew 10:30
"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 147:4
He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them.

Hebrews 4:13
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Psalm 139:1-3
O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

Psalm 44:21
Would not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.

He IS omnipotent
Jeremiah 32:17
‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Job 42:2
“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

John 1:3
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Luke 18:27
But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Genesis 1:1-31
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Numbers 23:19
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

Luke 1:37
For nothing will be impossible with God.”

He IS omnibenevolent
Psalm 145:17
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Romans 10:1-21
Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. ...

Genesis 1:31
And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Clearly, you're the one who's wrong.
cheesy nice one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 9:22am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
First of all let me say "You are highly welcome into this podium Mr/Mrs/Ms Martinez!" This is Tatime and please do pardon my half baked English, it's not as polished as that of other motivational speakers you might have met before in RELIGION.
Bible students don't drop science as you thought, we only uphold the Bible in high esteem than anything else. In fact we've made the best use of science to enlighten our neighbors,and in most cases science has been helpful in the dissemination of our messages.
The first and foremost parts of the Bible were written on scrolls by HAND copyists,later PRINTED and combined in paper volumes, the electronic devices used in printing millions of copies and today soft copies are found on mobile phones, tablets and computers. All these are made easy due to SCIENCE!
So it's unwise for a Bible student to say science has done nothing when we can SEE all of these. What we are saying is it's totally a blunder to allow SCIENCE to shapen the thoughts, words and actions of intelligent beings, that will be DISASTROUS! wink wink wink
Do you believe evolution and the big bang are scientific facts? grin
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
You can tell me anywhere on this planet where each inhabitants proves to be absolutely free from mind controlling? wink wink wink Or better still someone you and i can recognise that's absolutely free from mind controlling? wink wink wink
Amazing! Over on another thread, Tatime is telling me people are controlled, and here is you telling me everyone believes things, but I bet neither of you would see the connection between beliefs and control!

Anyway, I've told you 9, about my beliefs, and I'm telling you Tatime that Christ's whole time on earth was to free people from the control of the religious leaders who used false beliefs to control them. Serpents who give stones, is a phrase that comes to my mind.

Not everyone has beliefs that lack foundation and not all fall for being controlled! If you widen your views a bit you both might see this
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by budaatum: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm Sugbon nilu awon afoju,oloju kan l'Oba ooooo.
Nkan ti iwo ko fe gba ni wipe oloju meji na wa ni ilu awon afoju ni ibi ti iwo oloju kan ti fe j'oba!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
Martinez19:
Do you believe evolution and the big bang are scientific facts? grin
I would have believed if i see just one creature that EVOLVES today. The Bible also spoke of so many things that's UNBELIEVABLE but the explanations found in it remains UNCHANGEABLE and UNCHALLENGED. So while Science has knowledge "accumulation of useful information" Bible has the Wisdom "practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits".
That's why i will drop science whenever the two are at logger heads! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
budaatum:

Nkan ti iwo ko fe gba ni wipe oloju meji na wa ni ilu awon afoju ni ibi ti iwo oloju kan ti fe j'oba!
Emi ko o! Bibeli ni OLOJU kan ti no lero pe eyin nso. Boya tori pe gbogbo ohun to so lao le foju ri bayii.To ba se bii temi ni mio mo nkankan oooooo. Bibeli ni no diro mo!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
I would have believed if i see just one creature that EVOLVES today. The Bible also spoke of so many things that's UNBELIEVABLE but the explanations found in it remains UNCHANGEABLE and Unchallenged. So while Science has knowledge "accumulation of useful information" Bible has the Wisdom "practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits".
That's why i will drop science whenever the two are at logger heads! wink wink wink
Lol. That's science. Have you seen god mold a man from dust and breath the breath of life into him? Science has evidence for it's claims, the bible has no single evidence.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
Martinez19:
Lol. That's science. Have you seen god mold a man from dust and breath the breath of life into him? Science has evidence for it's claims, the bible has no single evidence.
That's why i said earlier that the Bible also said so many things that's UNBELIEVABLE but the way it explains things has remained UNCHANGEABLE and UNCHALLENGED.
It says God formed all these existing creatures out of dust and they're returning to dust. Science says it's evolution but can't explains further why man is the strongest as in the dominant creature,the Bible explains that God gave everything into the hands of Man.
Science says there was a BIG BANG but can't explains further how the forces of nature has maintained it's balance after the so called BIG BANG. Bible explains that God positioned each planet in their present state and even calls them by name! Please if truly it all began by chance as Science claimed, why is it that all the bodies in the space have remained in their positions so that NO fatal accident has ever been recorded? What i meant is that our solar system has NO record of one planet colliding against another? So that we will throw away our Bibles that claims God(an intelligent mind) has set everything in place? Isaiah 40:26
Please there's more to this than merely contemplating on the atrocities of religion to discard what the Bible says! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
That's why i said earlier that the Bible also said so many things that's UNBELIEVABLE but the way it explains things has remained UNCHANGEABLE and UNCHALLENGED.
It says God formed all these existing creatures out of dust and they're returning to dust. Science says it's evolution but can't explains further why man is the strongest as in the dominant creature,the Bible explains that God gave everything into the hands of Man.
Science says there was a BIG BANG but can't explains further how the forces of nature has maintained it's balance after the so called BIG BANG. Bible explains that God positioned each planet in their present state and even calls them by name! Please if truly it all began by chance as Science claimed, why is it that all the bodies in the space have remained in their positions so that NO fatal accident has ever been recorded? What i meant is that our solar system has NO record of one planet colliding against another? So that we will throw away our Bibles that claims God(an intelligent mind) has set everything in place? Isaiah 40:26
Please there's more to this than merely contemplating on the atrocities of religion to discard what the Bible says! wink wink wink
The reason why humans are "better" than most animals is the same reason why a gorilla is "better" than a tilapia. An organism had to come out "on top" and it happened to be man. Don't start feeling too special.

Planets don't collide because their paths are guided in their elliptical orbits by the sun's gravity and planets that collide have cancelled out each other leaving those that don't to continue orbiting the sun. Those that collided disintegrated in smaller rocks that went to the sun or other planet or ended up as asteroids.

I don't get your question concerning the big bang. You see, your ignorance of science does not make the bible true. Go and study science.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
Frosbel2, XxSabrinaxX, Michellekabod, LordReed, budaatum, Dantedasz, HellVictorinho
grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Dantedasz(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2019
Ubenedictus:
and somehow all you educated folks forgot that the bible is a library of book with different genre, so poetry, others myth and lengends, all portraying religious truths.

Oh...it is no longer written under the inspiration of God??
Or some parts are inspired and some parts are not inspired??
Make up your mind.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
Martinez19:
The reason why humans are "better" than most animals is the same reason why a gorilla is "better" than a tilapia. An organism had to come out "on top" and it happened to be man. Don't start feeling too special.

Planets don't collide because their paths are guided in their elliptical orbits by the sun's gravity and planets that collide have cancelled out each other leaving those that don't to continue orbiting the sun. Those that collided disintegrated in smaller rocks that went to the sun or other planet or ended up as asteroids.

I don't get your question concerning the big bang. You see, your ignorance of science does not make the bible true. Go and study science.
Earth is the ONLY planet where life has been found so far. Genesis 1:27-30
And your claim that planets collided is based on assumptions not SEEN! Earth is also a planet and nothing has affected it all these while. Psalms 78:69,104:5,119:90
All other planets have no gravitational force keep objects to it's surface unlike our earth. Psalms 115:16
I know you've studied science and so much rely on it,that's good but there are so many things found in that ancient book that's just beyond the reasoning of those ancient people who don't even know anything about the laws of nature! Certainly a highly intelligent being is behind their writings!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Martinez19(m): 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
TATIME:
Earth is the ONLY planet where life has been found so far. Genesis 1:27-30
And your claim that planets collided is based on assumptions not SEEN! Earth is also a planet and nothing has affected it all these while. Psalms 78:69,104:5,119:90
All other planets have no gravitational force keep objects to it's surface unlike our earth. Psalms 115:16
I know you've studied science and so much rely on it,that's good but there are so many things found in that ancient book that's just beyond the reasoning of those ancient people who don't even know anything about the laws of nature! Certainly a highly intelligent being is behind their writings!
The embodiment of irrational and bias.

Let's assume that the earth is the only planet that has life. If a living was to create a scam, the scam would therefore be created and perpetrated on earth. If the Quran says that earth is the only place where you can find life, would you believe the Quran?

My claim on planet orbiting the sun and colliding with other planets is based on the theory of general relativity which has been proven to be true. As I explained, planets move in elliptical orbits due to the sun's gravity and will only collide with another planet if their orbits intersect and they simultaneously reach the point of intersection. The earth's orbit and that of the other eight planets did not have their elliptical orbits intersecting with others so they kept moving undisturbed whereas those that did collided and cancelled out each other. Upon collision, they disintegrated into small rocks called asteroids. Your ignorance of science is really getting to you.

@bold
grin That's blatantly false. Gravity is a consequence of mass. Every planet has its gravitational force but not all planets have the conditions necessary for life. Can you see how your divinely inspired holy book just flopped? grin

... but there are so many things found in that ancient book that's just beyond the reasoning of those ancient people who don't even know anything about the laws of nature! Certainly a highly intelligent being is behind their writings!

Can you list those things and answers given in the Holy book?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Love Always Delivers Success & Prosperity? / Adeboye Holds Fellowship With Prisoners, Guards At Kirikiri Maximum Security Pri / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.