Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Offer Your Name - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Offer Your Name (194 Views)

Trending Valentine Offer : Your Business Can Be The Next Jumia! / FreeStuffsNg:You Can Offer Your Products/service For Free To Gain Massive Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Offer Your Name by Biznessguru: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hello,

Call me B.G.

So I was talking to a friend of mine who has a side business (he works a 9-5) and was going to get more serious with it this year.
My guy said he already had a name but at the point of registration, he found that another business had already been registered with that same name (if you're someone like I used to be, who sees the world as one-way traffic then you should know that my guy was in a serious fix).

So like any other insensitive person (in his opinion of course), I told him; "find another, but make sure it resonates with what you're offering". Then I asked, "what uniqueness do you have to offer?" he goes quiet. Again, I asked, "what unique thing are you offering, that would bring you YOUR customers?" This time he mumbles something and goes quiet again.

Business is born out of an idea and that idea is expressed in the NAME. The uniqueness of your name depends on the uniqueness of your idea.

I don't care how competitive your business space or industry is, there is always SPACE. And just like there are different languages for communication, you can express your passion and offering in your business name.

By the way through, if you are planning to venture into business there's a free POS software I'm recommending. It's called ESOPOS. It can be used on your smartphones via the app (check Google Play or iOS App store) or www.esopos.com on a P.C. It's a great innovation for startups.

My next post would be dedicated to the benefits of a POS system, so watch this space.

Yours...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Meet An Experts Partnership Lawyers To Take Their Legal Advice / Nigeria’s Debt Hits N22.43tn, Domestic Component 70.51% / How To Make Monetary Wealth In 5 Years Or Less

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.