Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ (28542 Views)

IgbereTVAwards: Zubby Michael Thanks Nigerians For Voting Him Actor Of The Year / Genevieve Nnaji Wears Victoria Beckham's Outfit To Lionheart FIFM 2018 Screening / Genevieve Nnaji Used Innoson Motor (IVM) In Her 'Lionheart' Movie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by naijajobx: 12:55am On Jan 09, 2019
smiley
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Lumig: 4:24am On Jan 09, 2019
PenlsCaP:

Yoruba man I bet my ass
must everything be about tribe? undecided
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by davidoisamoje: 5:29am On Jan 09, 2019
It was fun watching a Naija movie after a long time.. But don't get carried away I'm back to my normal foreign collections.

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by femi4: 6:11am On Jan 09, 2019
petsam11:
Again, I believe that another reason why people day vex for the huge success in this film is cos Genny didn't do it the regular and popular way of (probably) merging or making it an Igbo and Yoruba cast film affair...
Unlike it used or be... But she did the unthinkable by bringing in conc Igbo and Hausa actors to make it an Igbo/Hausa (cast) affair... I think that's another pain somehow...

We all watched "The wedding party 1" where Mo Abudu cast actors that are not Igbo in a film that should be 100% Original to play Igbo roles... No doubt, that I love RMD and Ireti Doyle like kilode! They are excellent actors!

But truth be told, they didn't really do well in showcasing the Igbo heritage in that film... It was annoying seeing that the Igbo cultural scenes in that movie.. If you must make something great go extra miles to make it great... Cast Igbo actors for Igbo roles cast Yourba actors for an omo Yourba roles, cast a zulu actor for a zulu role, Swahili for Swahili.. If you mustn't do it that way, then get an actor that will (not even can) but that WILL play the those cultural parts perfectly regardless of he or she coming from that tribe because that what the outside world wants to see in play! And that's what that particular tribe wants to see in play... Nobody would like his or her tribe or race or be messed up with in a film talk less of real life!
Even the "supposed" Igbo greetings and the dance (into the wedding ground) was like a forced something... Not the Igbo way of doing it! Plane and simple! Thank Goodness they brought in Mama G in the Part 2... (Although I didn't see the part 2)
While all these was happening in "The wedding party" and other movies like that, nobody complained o! But Now, Genevieve don carry Nollywood go back were it started from and shot like 95 to 98% of the film in Enugu while still changing the regular pattern by bringing in Hausa into the play... E don cos wahala! Very funny but really pathetic!

That people are angry with Black Panter is not cos it's boring or something but because the actors there most of who are blacks, yes! But they know almost near nothing about Africa... My Real Africa! They know nothing about Africa with the exception of Lupita Youngo and maybe one or two! And again the stuffs (Science of Vibranum) that they were exhibiting in that black Panter was like a borrowed fiction from the whites... Hence the reason why I see black Panter as a way that blacks in the west wants to get back at whites but without knowing that whites will be like "what are they forming when what they are showing here in this film is like the regular blockbuster Hollywood (white) sci-fi or whatever)" Don't come here to tell me that the owners of the film (mavin) are whites!
And this is similar to what Genny and even Kunle Afolayan were saying while they were being interviewed at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival, TIFF! They were telling Hollywood filmmakers to go down to the roots and pick the right people not some imported actors who don't even have the Naija pigeon accent and all that...

So what I am saying is that, we should forget all these tribal infused criticism and commend what is great!
Lionheart is worldwide and Lionheart is a standard that Nollywood should stand on from now henceforth for the world to really see Nollywood! And just like Tess Cagle said, Genevieve has shown that she is at the helm in the Nigerian (Nollywood) and even African Film industry!
Argue with your keypad!!!
#My2Cents

Modified
You are so DUMB to narrow the criticism of this movie to tribal issues.....
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 9:56am On Jan 09, 2019
petsam11:

As in eh! The thing tire me o! it's too bad brother! All I can say is that it's either the people talking down on this movie (Lionheart) are either paid agents from rival and very jealous film makers, or they are blinded by tribal hatred... And I believe that a great percentage of them are one of these two or the two and many more combined!

Sometimes, I just watch Hollywood action n sci-fi for watching sake just to kill boredom not that I believe all those unrealizable nonsense and nonsenses that are acting there... Person go jump down from 20 storey building and bounce on the ground, stand up kill like 10 people jump up even to a higher building and continue with the killing... Say u be "Killi-we Nwachukwu!"

Lol my brother it's all tribal hatred and we know the tribe who is good at this..
But if u condemn their own they will start raining curses on you..
Most Yorubas are very bad and biased.
I'm sorry to call names.
That's how they always try to frustrate and bring down any hardwork of IGBOS.

They do this in everything in Nigeria.
They hate nollywood because it's dominated by IGBOS.
But go their houses they all watch their local Yoruba movies.
My only problem is that most IGBOS are still blind about this game.
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by petsam11(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2019
femi4:
You are so DUMB to narrow the criticism of this movie to tribal issues.....

Dude! If u check very well you will see that I don't engage in tribal hatred nonsense and insults to people in this platform... So mbok! Don't insult me! You can say what you fell like but don't insult me...
it's very funny that you didn't go through all that you quoted and neither did you read my subsequent comments here but you just decided to quote and bolden the the one that you feel suits you! Anyway, bravo! Sonsogo!!!
Next!!!
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Ashvik(m): 11:21am On Jan 10, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Rubbish movie...
write your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Marley To Be In Prison Till Monday, Bail Perfected / Toke Makinwa Is Best Dressed Female Celebrity At The Headies 2014 (photo) / Regina Daniels Celebrates Husband, Ned Nwoko On His 62nd Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.