Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? (740 Views)

Lost One Testicle / Testosterone/ Testicle Torsion / How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Lost Tooth / 3 Options For Replacing A Lost Tooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by amalab30(m): 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
Whether out of Love or Curiosity; out of fear or out of sheer disbelief...

In 2015, a friend of mine, Johnson, in the University was drawn away from us all. He was absolutely intelligent as super-friendly. We shared everything - books and space except for women. A lover of Arsenal football club to a fault, suddenly he wasn't anymore.

I remember how we wrote my final year project together and gisted until Johnson travelled back to Edo State, we chatted, asked of my dog, mom and car. The following day, Johnson was gone... REST IN PEACE ASUENIMEN JOHNSON

Sometimes i feel like "should i walk past his house to see if he'll appear somehow to me?" or maybe "i'll dial his number to see if anyone picks".

Yeah sometimes, there are beliefs that reincarnation occurs, I've been so wishing he appears to me.

Just few minutes ago, i was arranging and merging some of my contacts via Google Contact and i saw one of my street mothers' number, she died on the 2nd of this year, i immediately felt i should call the number but i never did.

Now to you, we know now, so many phone numbers have been rededicated to other owners, but, in the first few weeks of their demise, have you tried calling your lost ones' number?

cc: dominique, Sissy3

Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by peteruuu(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
Lord help me to change some of my ways these days.

I find it very difficult to phone friends.

Lord help me.
But anyways, Lord cares, do you care?
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by peteruuu(m): 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
Imma dial some digits ASAP!
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by drake2(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
This is very Scarry. Imagine making that call and the dead person picks?

When I lost my eldest Brother; I constantly saw him in front of me and I would run into his front to discern if it was really him. But it was never him.
Also my dead cousin sent me a Facebook friend request and i freaked out.

You just invoked Scarry memories oooh!
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by SenorFax(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
RIP to the lost ones.

sad sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by amalab30(m): 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
The Yoruba movie i watched yesterday night actually erupted this thoughts. I'm glad I'm able to openly give Johnson a tribute, he deserves more. Wow, your own story sef huge o, buh you stopped seeing him abi?

drake2:
This is very Scarry. Imagine making that call and the dead person picks?

When I lost my eldest Brother; I constantly saw him in front of me and I would run into his front to discern if it was really him. But it was never him.
Also my dead cousin sent me a Facebook friend request and i freaked out.

You just invoked Scarry memories oooh!
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by drake2(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2019
amalab30:
The Yoruba movie i watched yesterday night actually erupted this thoughts. I'm glad I'm able to openly give Johnson a tribute, he deserves more. Wow, your own story sef huge o, buh you stopped seeing him abi?

Yes i don't see him in my front anymore, But i dream of him always, he was very impactful at the formative stage of my life. We almost lost my mother when he died.
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by amalab30(m): 7:42am On Jan 09, 2019
Eeyah. It is well buddy. Have a safe one today.

drake2:

Yes i don't see him in my front anymore, But i dream of him always, he was very impactful at the formative stage of my life. We almost lost my mother when he died.
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by Twinee08: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2019
Yeah, I have once dialed my late dad's number (In my mind, it's been a while since I heard from him)

It's was when I got the 'Not available' voice note that it occur to me that he's no more. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by drake2(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2019
Twinee08:
Yeah, I have once dialed my late dad's number (In my mind, it's been a while since I heard from him)

It's was when I got the 'Not available' voice note that it occur to me that he's no more. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Wow!
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by Twinee08: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2019
drake2:

Wow!
Honestly, it's strange. What even remind me that he's no more was the fact that his number is always available. So when I got the response, I started wondering why it's was not available before reality hit me.
Re: Have You Ever Dialled A Lost One's Number? by Twinee08: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
drake2:

Wow!
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Menstruation 101 Lecture: How To Use A Menstrual Cup / How To Cure Chronic Urinary Track Infection / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.