Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting (831 Views)

Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. / Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / Help A Sister!!! I Need Job In Any Agriculture Industry Or Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by dopemama(f): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders!i ll be resuming work tommorow as reporter in a religous magazine and honestly i know nothing about reporting as i studied History/International Relations.pls i need you all to help me with tips or general info on how to improve myself in the field.Thanks in anticipation
Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by peteruuu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2019
God be your help. Amen.
Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by dopemama(f): 11:47pm On Jan 08, 2019
peteruuu:
God be your help. Amen.
Amen ooo
Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by RealTrump: 2:52am On Jan 09, 2019
I don't think you can do badly. If the organization has some decent reputation they probably won't employ a person who isn't sure of her abilities (no offense). In essence, the standard is pretty low in the organization so don't try to kill yourself.

YouTube will help tho. Browse the topic and things related to public speaking and take notes. Practice in front of mirror a lot. Read more and wide, not just religion, because you can't give what is not in your brain. Watch other reporters on TV. Talk at your own pace, talking fast doesn't make you a great reporter. In all, I hope you are comfortable with English otherwise...

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
Are they not going to give you specific training?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by dopemama(f): 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
RealTrump:
I don't think you can do badly. If the organization has some decent reputation they probably won't employ a person who isn't sure of her abilities (no offense). In essence, the standard is pretty low in the organization so don't try to kill yourself.

YouTube will help tho. Browse the topic and things related to public speaking and take notes. Practice in front of mirror a lot. Read more and wide, not just religion, because you can't give what is not in your brain. Watch other reporters on TV. Talk at your own pace, talking fast doesn't make you a great reporter. In all, I hope you are comfortable with English otherwise...yes.i speak impeccable english....thanks

Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by Sirhethat12(f): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
dopemama:
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders!i ll be resuming work tommorow as reporter in a religous magazine and honestly i know nothing about reporting as i studied History/International Relations.pls i need you all to help me with tips or general info on how to improve myself in the field.Thanks in anticipation

Hi, I'm sincerely sorry I want to deviate a bit. My brother wants to study international relations, but we discovered Unilorin only has history/international relations. I'm confused and don't know if it's the same, being an engineering student I Don't know much about it. He's 15 otherwise I would have left him to sort himself out. Please is History/international relation the same as his proposes course?
Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by hinere(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
dopemama:

My dear, you have nothing to worry about. The internet is always your friend. Reporting is all about writing something you have seen or heard. This takes me back to my school days. Reporting is different from broadcasting. They are two different things.
Go to goggle and type “Report Writing”. Im sure you wont be disappointed.
PS: Reporting is all about writing an occurence or happenings that you have seen or heard of. Make sure you write using simple English. Thid is needed to enable the market women and street niggas understand your report when its been published by the magazine. For more info pick out a newspaper and read stories by different reporters. The reporters name is usually written below the “Headline”. Analyse their style of writing and draft yours in relation to theirs.
Hope this helps.
Have a nice day ahead.

And if your magazine is looking for an assistant reporter. Just holla.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by dopemama(f): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
Sirhethat12:

Hi, I'm sincerely sorry I want to deviate a bit. My brother wants to study international relations, but we discovered Unilorin only has history/international relations. I'm confused and don't know if it's the same, being an engineering student I Don't know much about it. He's 15 otherwise I would have left him to sort himself out. Please is History/international relation the same as his proposes course?
yes it is....2 in one for that matter
Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by dopemama(f): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
hinere:

My dear, you have nothing to worry about. The internet is always your friend. Reporting is all about writing something you have seen or heard. This takes me back to my school days. Reporting is different from broadcasting. They are two different things.
Go to goggle and type “Report Writing”. Im sure you wont be disappointed.
PS: Reporting is all about writing an occurence or happenings that you have seen or heard of. Make sure you write using simple English. Thid is needed to enable the market women and street niggas understand your report when its been published by the magazine. For more info pick out a newspaper and read stories by different reporters. The reporters name is usually written below the “Headline”. Analyse their style of writing and draft yours in relation to theirs.
Hope this helps.
Have a nice day ahead.
And if your magazine is looking for an assistant reporter. Just holla.
God bless you real good....am more than graeful
Re: Pls Help A Sister,i Know Nothing About Reporting by Sirhethat12(f): 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2019
dopemama:
yes it is....2 in one for that matter

Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Little Worried About An Interview I Just Attended. / Work From Home / How Much A Fan Of The League Are U ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.