Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? (2013 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / If God Created This Universe, What's To Say He Didn't Create Another? / God Is Not From/in This Universe Or Heaven , Where Was God Before Creation?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 7:49am On Jan 09, 2019
One "get out of jail free" card Christians like to play when asked for evidence of their god is, the god exists beyond this universe. Yet their bible says heaven the home of the god has streets of gold and mansions and trees and fruits. So this beyond the universe has gold and houses? Really? Yet you are balking at showing evidence for your god?

Reason guys, reason!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Shelumiel: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2019
When a person sees a fool wallowing in his own thoughts , it is best to move on

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:

And when you see a dunce spouting nonsense you try to educate them.

Dummy, atheism doesn't say nothing existed and exploded because atheism doesn't address the origin of the universe. Cosmology on the other hand explains what could have happened to originate our universe. Learn the difference dummy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by pressplay411(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2019
You just said God is beyond the universe meaning He has custody of everything inside and outside the universe. Should Gold not be among the least of the precious stones He has?

Please do yourself a favour and just delete this thread. Don't publicize your ignorance.
Seeking proofs is your problem.
Rather seek the Kingdom. Just believe it's true and seek it.
You know there's more to life than what you sense physically. If only you'll be honest.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Shelumiel: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

And when you see a dunce spouting nonsense you try to educate them.

Dummy, atheism doesn't say nothing existed and exploded because atheism doesn't address the origin of the universe. Cosmology on the other hand explains what could have happened to originate our universe. Learn the difference dummy.
Your dumb ass denies everything...even this message

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2019
pressplay411:
You just said God is beyond the universe meaning He has custody of everything inside and outside the universe. Should Gold not be among the least of the precious stones He has?

Please do yourself a favour and just delete this thread. Don't publicize your ignorance.
Seeking proofs is your problem.
Rather seek the Kingdom. Just believe it's true and seek it.
You know there's more to life that what you sense physically. If only you'll be honest.

LoL! It is you who is publicizing your ignorance. How can something beyond this universe have the things of this universe as its home? Like do you even understand the implications?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Your dumb ass denies everything...even this message

LoL your fart filled brain is too lightweight to retain basic concepts. How are your parents coping with an idiot like you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2019
Heaven is not a part of the universe. Gold, in this context, is a metaphor. It represents something close to what human knowledge can grasp and imperfect language can transmit. Indeed, anything so precious is often called gold to "communicate" the writer's sense-perception in mortal understanding.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Shelumiel: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

LoL your fart filled brain is too lightweight to retain basic concepts. How are your parents coping with an idiot like you?
Your stupidity was supposed to be our little secret ; so why are you exposing it ?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
Heaven is not a part of the universe. Gold, in this context, is a metaphor. It represents something close to what human knowledge can grasp and imperfect language can transmit. Indeed, anything so precious is often called gold to "communicate" the writer's sense-perception in mortal understanding.

So what stops us from also assuming the heaven and the god are metaphors as well?

XxSabrinaxX come see your metaphor loving friend. LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Your stupidity was supposed to be our little secret ; so why are you exposing it ?

It was when you decided to expose your incurable idiocy. I'll give your parents a call and commiserate on their ongoing struggle with an idiot child.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

So what stops us from also assuming the heaven and the god are metaphors as well?

LOL. The way they talk at times, you'd think they're the original authors of the bible and are the only ones who understand what their God was trying to say in certain passages of the bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
I noticed you stopped replying me with your dead ignorant captions in the other thread and now you want to start a fight with another user.

It seems you're just spoiling for someone to roast your life with words this early morning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:
One "get out of jail free" card Christians like to play when asked for evidence of their god is, the god exists beyond this universe. Yet their bible says heaven the home of the god has streets of gold and mansions and trees and fruits. So this beyond the universe has gold and houses? Really? Yet you are balking at showing evidence for your god?

Reason guys, reason!

FINALLY IT'S TIME FOR FOLKS TO YIELD THAT THEIR BIBLE AND STORIES TOLD OF THEIR RELIGION IS NOTHING BUT THE WORKS OF THE PRIMITIVE MEN'S IMAGINATION.
IF THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN IN OUR TIME IT'LL CONTAIN STUFF LIKE TABLETS AND ROBOTS INSTEAD OF MUSTARD SEED AND SCROLLS.

pressplay411:
You just said God is beyond the universe meaning He has custody of everything inside and outside the universe. Should Gold not be among the least of the precious stones He has?.

YOU SOUND REAL STUPID WITH THIS CLAIM, NO DISRESPECT INTENDED.

THINK. WHAT DOES YAHWEH NEED PRECIOUS STONES FOR? FOR FASHION OR WHAT?

STACKING RICHES, PLANTING TREES, ENJOYING TRUMPET TUNES AND JUDGING PEOPLE SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING A MORTAL MAN WOULD DO.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2019
If someone says "I am going through a storm in my house" does it mean there is a literal storm in his/her house? If we agree the storm is a metaphor, will you also say the speaker and the house is a metaphor?
LordReed:

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
If someone says "I am going through a storm in my house" does it mean there is a literal storm in his/her house? If we agree the storm is a metaphor, will you also say the speaker and the house is a metaphor?
How do you determine if a statement is a metaphor or not, then?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 9:00am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:

I don't say that because I know what a human being and a house are so when that human being uses a metaphor I can distinguish between reality and metaphor. Your god being on the other hand has been domiciled in a realm of incomprehensibility so I cannot distinguish between what is supposed to be real and what is supposed to be a metaphor. Which is why I ask you how do we distinguish between your god and the gold being metaphors?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

FINALLY IT'S TIME FOR FOLKS TO YIELD THAT THEIR BIBLE AND STORIES TOLD OF THEIR RELIGION IS NOTHING BUT THE WORKS OF THE PRIMITIVE MEN'S IMAGINATION.
IF THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN IN OUR TIME IT'LL CONTAIN STUFF LIKE TABLETS AND ROBOTS INSTEAD OF MUSTARD SEED AND SCROLLS.

DAMN! CAPSLOCKED you figured it out! Angels are advanced AI synthetic humanoids with form pliable external housing! Congratulations you cracked the code! LMFAO!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2019
Like you said, he is within the realm of incomprehensibility. That is why we worship Him by faith. In Hebrews 11:1 - Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen". If my God, Jehovah, is comprehensible then He is no more than a mere being. He is God all by Himself. An infinite-God being comprehended by mortal-beings should NOT be served, don't you think?
LordReed:

I don't say that because I know what a human being and a house are so when that human being uses a metaphor I can distinguish between reality and metaphor. Your god being on the other hand has been domiciled in a realm of incomprehensibility so I cannot distinguish between what is supposed to be real and what is supposed to be a metaphor. Which is why I ask you how do we distinguish between your god and the gold being metaphors?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2019
By context. When the Bible says that if all the deeds of Jesus Christ were to be written down, I reckon the whole world won't contain them, the writer was using metaphors. When Isaiah's lips were touched with the burning coal, it was not physical was it? The way to grasp a thing is to read about what it says and juxtapose with what is being said and what you think. Have you read the Bible today?
XxSabrinaxX:

How do you determine if a statement is a metaphor or not, then?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Ways to avoid the question 101.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
Like you said, he is within the realm of incomprehensibility. That is why we worship Him by faith. In Hebrews 11:1 - Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen". If my God, Jehovah, is comprehensible then He is no more than a mere being. He is God all by Himself. An infinite-God being comprehended by mortal-beings should NOT be served, don't you think?

You still haven't answered the question? How do you know the gold is a metaphor but heaven and the god are not?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Shelumiel: 9:34am On Jan 09, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I noticed you stopped replying me with your dead ignorant captions in the other thread and now you want to start a fight with another user.

It seems you're just spoiling for someone to roast your life with words this early morning.
Why should I reply a jobless fool ....eh?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2019
1. God is by nature separate from the Universe. He does maintain manifestations of Himself in it so that His Creatures can fellowship with Him but He is not part of this Universe at all. The Father seated in the Chariot Throne in Heaven, the Lord Jesus seated there with Him as well and the Holy Spirit represented as the seven Lamps before the Throne are all Manifestations. Well, except for the Lord Jesus because of His created Humanity.

2. Heaven is where God maintains fellowship with His faithful creatures during the war called human history that was brought about by Satan's rebellion. It is separate from this Universe but it is still a created place. As a created place, it is only the abode of God in the sense that God offers a manifestation of Himself there for the purposes of fellowship with His Children. Otherwise, God actually exists outside His Creation, separate from it since He is Spirit and Creation is not.

3. You have all the evidence you need for God's Existence. Faith is a free will choice. You have every right to refuse to believe that God exists. In time, you will know for sure.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 9:36am On Jan 09, 2019
I answered your sister-friend. It is in the context you know from the gold. As for God, I have had encounters with Him. No pressure about that
LordReed:

You still haven't answered the question? How do you know the gold is a metaphor but heaven and the god are not?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by hahn(m): 9:37am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
I answered your sister-friend. It is in the context you know from the gold. As for God, I have had encounters with Him. No pressure about that

Share pictures of the encounters please
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:

Really? You have seen the god or you assumed that something that happened was from it?

Also have you encountered heaven to know that the context couldn't support it? Or is the encounters you had with the god sufficient to let you know that it doesn't live on gold paved streets? What else is metaphor in the description the mansions? The trees? The fruits? The river? The pearly gates? The everlasting sunlight?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2019
Then you have not been reading what I have been writing. Last stroke and i'll leave you since we are typing and not physically shring ideas. He is God. As you said, from the realm of the incomprehensible. You will recall that even though non-christian authors and historians have made mention of Jesus Christ, Herod, etc...there are no photos of them. Now, I assume that a writer in the 14th century may not even know how to ask for photos because it is alien to him, likewise the issue of taking photos of the words you say while saying or the "air" in telecommunications. God is not a man and because He is not a man it would be out of place to expect Him to be subject to laws of men. But if you need His photos, give your life to Jesus Christ, for Christ is the express image of the Father. Shalom(quote author=hahn post=74588884]

Share pictures of the encounters please[/quote]
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by hahn(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
Then you have not been reading what I have been writing. Last stroke and i'll leave you since we are typing and not physically shring ideas. He is God. As you said, from the realm of the incomprehensible. You will recall that even though non-christian authors and historians have made mention of Jesus Christ, Herod, etc...there are no photos of them. Now, I assume that a writer in the 14th century may not even know how to ask for photos because it is alien to him, likewise the issue of taking photos of the words you say while saying or the "air" in telecommunications. God is not a man and because He is not a man it would be out of place to expect Him to be subject to laws of men. But if you need His photos, give your life to Jesus Christ, for Christ is the express image of the Father. Shalom(quote author=hahn post=74588884]

Share pictures of the encounters please

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 9:57am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
1. God is by nature separate from the Universe. He does maintain manifestations of Himself in it so that His Creatures can fellowship with Him but He is not part of this Universe at all. The Father seated in the Chariot Throne in Heaven, the Lord Jesus seated there with Him as well and the Holy Spirit represented as the seven Lamps before the Throne are all Manifestations. Well, except for the Lord Jesus because of His created Humanity.

2. Heaven is where God maintains fellowship with His faithful creatures during the war called human history that was brought about by Satan's rebellion. It is separate from this Universe but it is still a created place. As a created place, it is only the abode of God in the sense that God offers a manifestation of Himself there for the purposes of fellowship with His Children. Otherwise, God actually exists outside His Creation, separate from it since He is Spirit and Creation is not.

3. You have all the evidence you need for God's Existence. Faith is a free will choice. You have every right to refuse to believe that God exists. In time, you will know for sure.

But it conveniently doesn't manifest in our world now so that you and other "priests" or "divinely inspired/gifted" apologists can interpret it for us?

Which of its so called children are in the heaven fellowshipping, the dead ones? So dead people still enjoy gold and mansions? Why does the god need to manifest mansions and gold? Why is it manifesting gold and mansions but refusing to manifest what would have been the most important thing in this universe, evidence of its existence?

There is no unequivocal evidence that any god or gods exist neither is there evidence of an after life, once you die that's it.

3 Likes

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 10:05am On Jan 09, 2019
I would like you to read Revelations chapter 21 verses 9-22. It is the place you are talking about and like I said it is a metaphor for the Lamb's bride and not even Heaven. You read it out of context or misunderstood it. Read again, please
LordReed:

Really? You have seen the god or you assumed that something that happened was from it?

Also have you encountered heaven to know that the context couldn't support it? Or is the encounters you had with the god sufficient to let you know that it doesn't live on gold paved streets? What else is metaphor in the description the mansions? The trees? The fruits? The river? The pearly gates? The everlasting sunlight?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

But it conveniently doesn't manifest in our world now so that you and other "priests" or "divinely inspired/gifted" apologists can interpret it for us?
According to the Bible (which you are challenging), the issue is Faith. So, we are given evidence that CAN be denied. If God were to manifest Himself in His Glory, you would not be able to deny His Existence but then you could no longer freely choose to submit to Him. As I have already told you before, in time God will come to judge the world. You will see Him then. And you will have no choice but to believe. But that will not help you one whit then.

LordReed:
Which of its so called children are in the heaven fellowshipping, the dead ones?
The angels and, yes, dead believers.

LordReed:
So dead people still enjoy gold and mansions? Why does the god need to manifest mansions and gold?
They are more alive than you could ever hope to be, LordReed. They have these "bodies" right now that allow them to enjoy the physical delights of Heaven as they rest from the war on Earth and wait for their victorious return with the Lord Jesus.

God obviously does not need to manifest anything. And I never said anything about manifested mansions and gold, that's all you. God created Heaven where He maintains a battle headquarters and a place of rest for warriors who have won through the war on Earth. The delights of Heaven are incredible but they were all created, not manifested. Only the Appearances of the Three Persons of the Trinity are manifestations since They are uncreated, except for the Lord Jesus's Humanity.

LordReed:
Why is it manifesting gold and mansions but refusing to manifest what would have been the most important thing in this universe, evidence of its existence?
Asked and answered.

LordReed:
There is no unequivocal evidence that any god or gods exist neither is there evidence of an after life, once you die that's it.
LOL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naked Witches Caught Munching On Deer Carcass In Bizarre Security Cam Footage / Fanaticism: Good Or Bad? / Word Of God And the Bible, 100% The Same?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.