Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. (17534 Views)

DSS Begged Sowore To Accept 'Death Warrant' Deal - Falana / Breaking! Adamawa Gladiators To Mobilise 1million Votes For Sowore. (pictures) / Nigerians In The Diaspora Stormed The Streets To Campaign For Sowore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by ItzBIM(m): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
Newboss:

You don't get it bro grin

It's not about what he does but how he does it grin Those are subtle signs grin

You don't need to be a psychologist to see all these subtle signs. Listen to people's body languages, and you'll hear what they're not verbally saying grin

That young man basically has no control once he loses it. It was clear in that video with that minister grin
That is the way a thug's mind works grin

Bro, humans are not robots, their personalities influence every single move they make grin

He should remain an activist, not a politician grin That young man's temperament is in the class of those who will throw words at world leaders at the slightest provocation grin

His ideas are great(and I subscribe to them), but he should stay in the background as an adviser or activist. His temperament is not for what he's gunning for grin He's toxic and thuggish grin

No he will not stay in the background and watch “saints” finish this country completely. For 58 years non toxic people have been leading us, how far did we get. If you subscribe to ones idea I don’t know what else you need bro.

3 Likes

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by 9jaRealist: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
SouthWestBlood:
Nigerians in Nigeria are not serious. You expect people from New York to come to vote with the mess that is going on in this country? That's the best they can do for you ungrateful people. What happened in Oshodi yesterday is just an example of what this country has turned into. And here, you have someone who's ready to put his life on the line and take you out of the mess. But you're busy shouting 4+4/Next Level and Atikulated for people who put this country into the mess she is right now.

#Sowore2019

Abegi, give the sanctimonious condescension a rest. undecided

Many of those Nigerians in New York (including Mr. Sowore) were beneficiaries of cheap/subsidized/free education in Nigeria (let Nigerian-educated medical doctors ask their US counterparts how much educational loan debt most of them accrue by graduation). Caring about Nigeria (or in some way giving back) is not a favor. The condition and future of Nigeria is the culmination of the collective actions (by commission or omission) of ALL Nigerians whether at home and abroad. When a relatively poor country like Nigeria (and yes, despite the oil, it is a substantially poor country) makes relatively significant investments in human capital development (and yes, it needs to make a whole lot more but that’s another topic), only to experience the massive flight of such capital (aka brain drain) on the back of globalization, what is left behind is (to use your own words) “the mess that is going on in this country”. We ALL made Nigeria and it will likely require us ALL to salvage it.

1 Like

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Originalsly: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
Newboss:

Bro, forget about the university stuff grin At the age of 17, I was admitted into a top university (not college or even private) in USA, in less than 4 days of applying, to study aeronautical engineering grin So getting admitted in USA is not a big deal, just have good grades and write a good essay grin

It has absolutely nothing to do with school but the personality in question grin Forget about what he says and look at how he thinks and behaves. Look at his body language and the way he says what he says grin

Those are all pointers to underlying issues grin

Not saying being admitted to any university in the US is a big deal..... but in context.... Harvard and Columbia are by far.....cream of the crop when it comes to making connections to draw expertise in establishing and running a government. Re. Obama.

On the second point...yes...I do agree that degrees etc cannot change a person's character.... but let's not look at his presentation... but really consider if he can move us forward period...take us out of this rut that neither of the two parties is unable or unwilling to do. We really need a change but....with soooo many zombies?!

2 Likes

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Newboss(m): 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2019
ItzBIM:

No he will not stay in the background and watch “saints” finish this country completely. For 58 years non toxic people have been leading us, how far did we get. If you subscribe to ones idea I don’t know what else you need bro.

You miss it again grin

When it comes to leadership, it's not about idea as it's about personality grin There are 10 year olds with better ideas but they cannot lead because they do not have the personality of a leader grin

There's what's called square peg in round hole grin That's what that guy wants to become grin

Toxic people are not bad people, so using the word "saint' is out of place grin They simply overreact to things because of their natural lack of ability to control the toxic part of them grin

Government has a human face grin. I definitely can't do business in a country with a toxic leader grin That's why people avoid certain countries grin

1 Like

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Originalsly: 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2019
Newboss:

You don't get it bro grin

It's not about what he does but how he does it grin Those are subtle signs grin

You don't need to be a psychologist to see all these subtle signs. Listen to people's body languages, and you'll hear what they're not verbally saying grin

That young man basically has no control once he loses it. It was clear in that video with that minister grin
That is the way a thug's mind works grin

Bro, humans are not robots, their personalities influence every single move they make grin

He should remain an activist, not a politician grin That young man's temperament is in the class of those who will throw words at world leaders at the slightest provocation grin

His ideas are great(and I subscribe to them), but he should stay in the background as an adviser or activist. His temperament is not for what he's gunning for grin He's toxic and thuggish grin

Lol....but why thuggush?....couldn't you say he is passionate?....are you trying to say if he becomes President and attends the UN General Assembly... it is possible he may not like what the speaker is saying..... jump up and shout him down?...then maybe grab his water bottle and hurl it at him?... followed by a chair attack?
....but I get your drift.... indeed...it is better for some to be in the shadows rather than under the spotlight.
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by ItzBIM(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
Newboss:

You miss it again grin

When it comes to leadership, it's not about idea as it's about personality grin There are 10 year olds with better ideas but they cannot lead because they do not have the personality of a leader grin

There's what's called square peg in round hole grin That's what that guy wants to become grin

Toxic people are not bad people, so using the word "saint' is out of place grin They simply overreact to things because of their natural lack of ability to control the toxic part of them grin

Government has a human face grin. I definitely can do business in a country with a toxic leader grin That's why people avoid certain countries grin

The is first time I’m hearing about him being toxic and all.
But anyways Nigerians are not asking for much, just basic amenities and for 58 years apc and pdp have failed to deliver. Enough is enough ..my family and I want change so our vote is for Sowore with the fresh ideas, I suggest u do the same too.

What u call toxic we call passion.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Newboss(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2019
Originalsly:

Not saying being admitted to any university in the US is a big deal..... but in context.... Harvard and Columbia are by far.....cream of the crop when it comes to making connections to draw expertise in establishing and running a government. Re. Obama.

On the second point...yes...I do agree that degrees etc cannot change a person's character.... but let's not look at his presentation... but really consider if he can move us forward period...take us out of this rut that either of the two parties are unable or unwilling to do. We really need a change but....with soooo many zombies?!

We need a change, but not this guy grin

This guy is far from it grin. When people tell me they want to go into politics, I simply check how they react to things, not their ideas grin

Ideas are mainly from advisers and activists, not politicians grin. A politician or leader is simply someone with the personality of a leader to carry people along (That guy can't carry anyone along, he's too toxic for that) grin An adviser is a think tank, while the politician is the face of government grin. That's why politicians in office have advisers on their payroll grin

In summary, he cannot represent Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Newboss(m): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
Originalsly:

Lol....but why thuggush?....couldn't you say he is passionate?....are you trying to say if he becomes President and attends the UN General Assembly... it is possible he may not like what the speaker is saying..... jump up and shout him down?...then maybe grab his water bottle and hurl it at him?... followed by a chair attack?
....but I get your drift.... indeed...it is better for some to be in the shadows rather than under the spotlight.

I like your imagination grin

I wish every Nigerian can imagine things that vividly grin

That's the guy's personality. He should be in the shadows. He would be more effective there grin

2 Likes

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by SeriouslySense(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
Up AAC SOWORE, I DONT BLAME NIGERIANS FOR THEIR IN ABILITY TO SEE THE BEST CANDIDATE

1 Like

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Originalsly: 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
Newboss:

We need a change, but not this guy grin

So we really need a change of advisers etc..... not Buhari...because Buhari fits the type of guy you are describing....cool and calm.... soft spoken... wonderful body language.... a good listener...nothing rift raft about him...he will work fine for you in that position...but his advisers need to go. Did I get it right?
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Newboss(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Originalsly:

So we really need a change of advisers etc..... not Buhari...because Buhari fits the type of guy you are describing....cool and calm.... soft spoken... wonderful body language.... a good listener...nothing rift raft about him...he will work fine for you in that position...but his advisers need to go. Did I get it right?

A leader is also a human being with sentiments and world views. No matter the advice you're given, your world views and sentiments will act as a filter for the advice. grin In fact, world view affects every decision a person, including a leader, takes grin

Buhari's world views is maligned grin. He's not an option grin

Your brother is a terrorist, and you're stuck between taking him down and upholding what you stand for grin. No matter the advice you're given, your world views and sentiments have the final say at that point grin

2 Likes

Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2019
[s]
ansellotty:

It's quite unfortunate that you poured out insult at me, without understanding that everything I said was a joke.

First, I wasn't the first person in Nairaland history to have made FTC. Thus, everyone knows my claims weren't true, but a mere joke.

Secondly, I don't live in Nigeria and I'm least affected by whoever emerges as president of the country.

Ironically, I have been a strong admirer of Omoyele Sowore after I watched the presentations he made at the University of Kent, UK.

Don't be so stupid to reply to comments that doesn't concern you; comments that you have little or no idea about the intentions of the writer.

Some of us visit Nairaland because of the hilarious comments and nothing more. It's our duty to continue the tradition!
[/s]

Oh shut up
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
LiveByNight:
[s][/s]

Oh shut up

I thought you were just being silly, I never knew you are also mad.

If you continue like this in life, you will die in a matter that doesn't concern you.
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Originalsly: 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
Newboss:

A leader is also a human being with sentiments and world views.

Your brother is a terrorist, and you're stuck between taking him down and upholding what you stand for

Would you say Trump has sentiments?...and of course he has world view... even Hitler had world view... and so does Buhari...each his own... but is it good for the citizens?

Hmmmm...my brother.... how you figure? Bro... I am non aligned.... free thinker... call a spade a spade... not biased by religion, tribe, status, location nor nationality...why you trying to put me in a box?!
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
[s]

I thought you were just being silly, I never knew you are also mad.

If you continue like this in life, you will die in a matter that doesn't concern you.
[/s]

Again let me point out that you are just stupid

Hence I take sympathy one you degraded mental Condition and choose not to insult you

Knowing fully well that you are too stupid to comprehend when you are dismissed and insulted
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by PromixTuhh(m): 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2019
He must be included.
President Sowore 2019
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by kayphyzee(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
SouthWestBlood:

And you had no one to tell you that John Momoh is the chairman? Has he come out to debunk what is being said that he personally was the one that excluded Sowore?

I hate to delve into needless argument. If you are familiar with what's called corporate governance, then you should know that corporate decisions are always taken by members of the board (in BON's case, the governing council/committee I think). Say for instance, if First Bank decides to charge you 2,000 for atm replacement, do you go around shouting that Mrs. Awosika (Chairman, First Bank) collected 2,000 from you?

BON is made up of more than 250 member stations, each section having a representative within the governing council. How then can you boldly say that one man singlehandedly picked the candidates for the debate, bearing in mind that the debate was organized with NEDG (which comprises Civil Society Organizations etc)?

Rise above your sentiments and deal with issues dispassionately.
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by JupTi: 12:49am On Jan 10, 2019
Lolz.
Sowore is that debater.
I was marvelled when I listened to his speech at the "Village meeting" in OAU, last year. He touched every topic in that marvelous light. .. I don't even know how best to qualify his skill at this.

I won't be surprised if the big contenders were scared and decided to excluded him. Cos Sowore will leave them scratching their heads.

However, a protest in New York for a Nigerian thingy is rather inanimate. Bring it home
Re: Protest In New York For Sowore To Be Included In The Presidential Debate. by reantv(m): 9:48am On Jan 10, 2019
Yes. why will a sane country have those large number? Same treatment should be given to all candidates to make it fair, else they should have a max number of candidate.

They can also arrange in session...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Diezani's $40m Jewellery, Iphone To FG / Boko-Haram Suspects Dressed Like Women Killed In Maiduguri / Buhari Appoints Professor Ahmed Yusuf As Atomic Energy Commission CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.