Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (1689 Views)

We Are Done With Wike,We are Now Moving To Bring Osinbajo And Amechi To PDP. / APC Has A List Of Persons To Be Lagos Governors - Jide Adediran / Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Idonmakeam: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2019
https://whistletimes.com/2019/01/08/why-i-called-lagos-a-village-rotimi-amechi-to-lagos-governors/

In another twist to the now famous audio leaks of private conversations between the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amechi and journalists. The Minister blasted Lagos State as a glorified village. Amechi said, the city has no running water or roads. It was not clear why the minister picked on Lagos as a failed city as his statement could be interpreted as an indictment on all those who have governed Lagos in the last few years for their inability to provide the necessary infrastructures needed in the city.

Since 1999 when democracy returned to Nigeria, Lagos State has been governed by the ruling APC, hence, many Nigerians see the Ministers criticism as an indictment on Ashiwaju Tinubu, Babatunde Fashola and the incumbent governor, Ambode. For instance, quoting the Minister’s conversation, Daily Post Newspaper captioned their reportage of the leak conversation as “Amechi indict APC, Tinubu and Fashola as failures. Other Nigerian dailies had similar headlines.

It should be recalled that in an earlier released tape, the Minister acknowledge the fact that Nigeria has become riddled with poverty since President Buhari became Nigeria’s president. The tape was a shock to many as it showed that the ruling class actually know the true situation in the country despite their usual practices of praising President Buhari in public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Forreellinc: 11:29am On Jan 09, 2019
grin yinmu! E state nko?
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by dammiecool(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2019
what do we now call Rivers State grin
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by chinjo(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2019
What kind of president is Buhari?
Babachir Lawal stole - it was denied
Abba Kyari stole - it was denied
Ganduje stole - it was denied
Obanikoro stole - it was covered
Akpabio stole - it was covered
Now AMAECHI has Spoken - they have denied it again.
Which way Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Idonmakeam: 11:31am On Jan 09, 2019
dammiecool:
what do we now call Rivers State grin
, London I guess lol
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by homosapien(m): 11:34am On Jan 09, 2019
River state must be an Eldorado's if Lagos can be called a village.

However, we must shy aways from the truth in his statement.
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by sinaj(f): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2019
Thought he said his voice was doctored abi cloned
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by jac1: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2019
And some are saying that is a doctored audio, lolzzzzz
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Alepa(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2019
chinjo:
What kind of president is Buhari?
Babachir Lawal stole - it was denied
Abba Kyari stole - it was denied
Ganduje stole - it was denied
Obanikoro stole - it was covered
Akpabio stole - it was covered
Now AMAECHI has Spoken - they have denied it again.
Which way Nigeria?
Wail to death cheesy
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Babacele: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2019
story. If Amaechi likes let him call it shithole or zoo, you are leading APC to the NEXT LEVEL . PDP can go and hug transformer!
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by RTSC: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2019
lol.

This is a state apc controlled for 20 years.
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by jakandeola(m): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2019
sinaj:
Thought he said his voice was doctored abi cloned
black beauty happy new year I wish grace and joy for u this new year. I miss u and care!
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Niorte: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2019
Yes Lagos still lag behind.

Do you know that Lagos state depend on private primary school for basic education?

6 out of every 10 pupils in primary school in Lagos attend Private primary schools.

In fact, if you were raised in Lagos, you are most likely to have attended private primary schools.

Click like if you attended private primary school in Lagos, Click Share if you attended public primary school in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by BuhariAdvocate: 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
kiss your point can't be use to justify that Lagos is a failed state.
Niorte:
Yes Lagos still lag behind.

Do you know that Lagos state depend on private primary school for basic education?

6 out of every 10 pupils in primary school in Lagos attend Private primary schools.

In fact, if you were raised in Lagos, you are most likely to have attended private primary schools.

Click like if you attended private primary school in Lagos, Click Share if you attended public primary school in Lagos
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Niorte: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
kiss your point can't be use to justify that Lagos is a failed state.
First I didn't say Lagos is a failed state but asserted that Lagos is still lagging behind based on its mega city status and financial budget to development.

Failure is comparative. Lagos state is still the best state in Nigeria

But among the 140 mega cities ranked in the world for liveability. Lagos was ranked 138. Only better than Bangladesh and one city in war-torn Syria.

This ranking was based on education, health care facilities, transportation etc.

The development in Lagos is too low compare with her budget.
Nigeria budget is around 6 trillion while Lagos budget of recent is over 1 trillion. How many states can boost of 500 Billion budget in Nigeria.

Until another party takes over power we will not know the havoc done by Tinubu and cronies in Lagos.

We must stop comparing Lagos which has high budget with state with low budget.
Compare Lagos of Nigerian with Johannesburg of South Africa. They are both mega city.
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by sinaj(f): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
jakandeola:
black beauty happy new year I wish grace and joy for u this new year. I miss u and care!
thank you sir
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
jakandeola:
But you boasted to sisisioge that you are married and have done introduction

Dem use woman swear for you?
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by sisisioge: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
FortifiedCity:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na him lot for life be that.
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2019
Niorte:
First I didn't say Lagos is a failed state but asserted that Lagos is still lagging behind based on its mega city status and financial budget to development.

But among the 140 mega cities ranked in the world for liveability. Lagos was ranked 138. Only better than Bangladesh and one city in war-torn Syria.

This ranking was based on education, health care facilities, transportation etc.

Nigeria budget is around 6 trillion while Lagos budget of recent is over 1 trillion. How many states can boost of 500 Billion budget in Nigeria.

Until another party takes over power we will not know the havoc done by Tinubu and cronies in Lagos.

Compare Lagos of Nigerian with Johannesburg of South Africa. They are both mega city.

Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by obonujoker(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
Niorte:

You expect a Yoruba Muslim to understand this
Re: Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. by jakandeola(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
FortifiedCity:

] guy are u an animal what is bad in what I tell sinaj. she is a small girl I see as my baby sis and av not chat wit her did year. is it bad to wish her gud things.pls use ur brian

(1) (Reply)

List Of 20 Igbo Men And Women Appointed By President Buhari / Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas / Tinubu Speaks On Backing Buhari Against Osinbajo's Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.