Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari (12541 Views)

Just Landed In Gombe, Is This A Wedding Or Rally? - Atiku Asks / Peter Obi Congratulates Atiku, Asks God To Bless Him / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Tundemuttee: 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2019

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says President Muhammadu Buhari has failed lift the morale of soldiers fighting Boko Haram insurgents.

In a statement on Wednesday, Abubakar criticised Buhari over his absence at the funeral of five air force officers who died in a helicopter crash while providing support to troops in the north-east.

They were buried at the national military cemetery in Abuja on Tuesday.

The former vice-president said Buhari’s failure to attend the funeral is “part of a pattern of unpatriotic behaviour demonstrated” by him.

“At a time when the morale of our soldiers should be lifted up as they face the difficult task of defeating the terrorists who are threatening our national security, I find it most regrettable that President Muhammadu Buhari, despite being in Abuja, chose not to attend the funeral of the five airforce officers who died in a helicopter crash while prosecuting the war on terror,” he said in the statement.

“Last month, I had cause to advise the President to find time to attend the funerals of the hero soldiers of the 157 Taskforce Battalion in Metele, Borno state, who paid the supreme price for Nigeria in large numbers.

“Sadly, due to reasons best known to him, President Buhari chose not to attend their funeral, neither was he represented by the vice-president nor any federal delegation. This was despite the fact that the President had time to host Nollywood actors and actresses the previous day. Imagine celebrating just before such a solemn event.

“The most recent funeral held in Abuja, the President was in Abuja on the day of the funeral. The previous day, he had inaugurated his re-election campaign council. My question for Mr. President is this: is securing your second term, more important to you than securing Nigeria?”

Abubakar urged Buhari to learn from French President Emmanuel Macron, who on March 28, 2018, attended the funeral of a French policeman killed by terrorists in Southern France.

“That single event boosted the morale of the French security forces, because it showed a commitment to their wellbeing and honour for their memory by the head of state. Very sadly, President Buhari missed another opportunity to demonstrate such commitment to our armed forces,” he said.

“Let me end this by commending our military for their sacrificial efforts to secure all of us. You have my full support and solidarity.”

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/is-securing-2nd-term-more-important-than-nigerias-security-atiku-asks-buhari.html

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by dinocy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
Good question but who is going to answer ?

First time since i joined nairaland that i am the first to comment on a topic.

That feeling is overwhelming �

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by ainas247: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
Why u no ask this question 2 years ago...
Chio.

Rank your business on Google check my profile

3 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Pulsenaija: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
K stupid people don’t mind them

Learn 8 smart ways to invest 100k in Nigeria in this 2019
https://pulsenaija.com.ng/others/invest-100-thousand-naira-nigeria-2019/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by popsyleo1: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
angry
Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by BakireBulmaker: 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
N
Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Authoreety: 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Does he even understand?

13 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by ItzBIM(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Is your personal gain more important than Nigeria’s future

Sowore 2019

2 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by PassingShot(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Atiku and his atikulosers can keep asking stupid questions, kokan aiye (E no concern us).

The fugitive must think there are more dumb Nigerians than the intelligent ones.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Baawaa(m): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
Tundemuttee:

Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says President Muhammadu Buhari has failed lift the morale of soldiers fighting Boko Haram insurgents.

In a statement on Wednesday, Abubakar criticised Buhari over his absence at the funeral of five air force officers who died in a helicopter crash while providing support to troops in the north-east.

They were buried at the national military cemetery in Abuja on Tuesday.

The former vice-president said Buhari’s failure to attend the funeral is “part of a pattern of unpatriotic behaviour demonstrated” by him.

“At a time when the morale of our soldiers should be lifted up as they face the difficult task of defeating the terrorists who are threatening our national security, I find it most regrettable that President Muhammadu Buhari, despite being in Abuja, chose not to attend the funeral of the five airforce officers who died in a helicopter crash while prosecuting the war on terror,” he said in the statement.

“Last month, I had cause to advise the President to find time to attend the funerals of the hero soldiers of the 157 Taskforce Battalion in Metele, Borno state, who paid the supreme price for Nigeria in large numbers.

“Sadly, due to reasons best known to him, President Buhari chose not to attend their funeral, neither was he represented by the vice-president nor any federal delegation. This was despite the fact that the President had time to host Nollywood actors and actresses the previous day. Imagine celebrating just before such a solemn event.

“The most recent funeral held in Abuja, the President was in Abuja on the day of the funeral. The previous day, he had inaugurated his re-election campaign council. My question for Mr. President is this: is securing your second term, more important to you than securing Nigeria?”

Abubakar urged Buhari to learn from French President Emmanuel Macron, who on March 28, 2018, attended the funeral of a French policeman killed by terrorists in Southern France.

“That single event boosted the morale of the French security forces, because it showed a commitment to their wellbeing and honour for their memory by the head of state. Very sadly, President Buhari missed another opportunity to demonstrate such commitment to our armed forces,” he said.

“Let me end this by commending our military for their sacrificial efforts to secure all of us. You have my full support and solidarity.”

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/is-securing-2nd-term-more-important-than-nigerias-security-atiku-asks-buhari.html
Atiku is s big fool,when do you become president adviser,your evil plans will not work?The Egyptians (PDP) that Nigerians are seeing since 1999 we shall see them no more after February this year

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by michoim(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
Atiku i ask you, is joining hand with the present government to tackle security challenges less important than you campaigning about in order to become president?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by tonyot(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
I just checkwd to be sure my PVC is intact. It will be out to use very very soon

8 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Tonalphs(f): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
APC n their quest for power is something else. God help Nigerians to vote right. We need leaders that we can hold accountable and not someone who cares less about its citizens. His absence at the burial is so wrong

4 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Zansu007: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Just shut up.

michoim:
Atiku i ask you, is joining hand with the present government to tackle security challenges less important than you campaigning about in order to become president?

20 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by optimismlaz(m): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Good question but no body will answer. Let's all think toward Nigeria and her safety.

4 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by three: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2019

Insecurity is an INDUSTRY in Nigeria. Certain Individuals are feeding fat (did you say grasscutter).

that one is a tip of the tip of the iceberg. let me just say - America already knows, and some people will be out of a job by March

There is NO INTENTION to resolve INSECURITY by this Governement.

https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/277277.pdf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by KIDfurniture(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Can a cheating husband be a good leader?

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Alepa(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
What is this Mumu saying?

3 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by LordCenturion(m): 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Atiku should just shot the shi-t/Fu-ck up, he was trying to be politically relevant for him to gain public sympathies, if been the president isn't important to him as well, then why is he contesting after 8 years of VP with massive looting and corruption

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Ogirheema: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
I know many people will die after the election due to heart attack.

Shey bet9ja will sha open that day?
Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Asshurbanipal: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
He doesn't care. He doesn't read

2 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Newbiee: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Desperate Atiku

3 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by basilo10I: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Buhari is a total failure

7 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by NotBeenPaid: 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2019

Unfortunately, he does not read nor does he listen to advise. Las Las na to convert the writeup to cartoon graphics so that him go dey look then laugh.

10 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by Houseofglam7(f): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
I see zombies everywhere undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Securing 2nd Term More Important Than Nigeria’s Security? -Atiku Asks Buhari by jrusky(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
To Buhari and apc second term is more important if even every Nigerians dies it doesn't matter to apc or Buhari at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares Throwback Photos From His NYSC Days (Photos) / Kano Tribunal Threatens Relocation To Abuja / Reno Omokri: Elect Peter Obi President, Expect The ‘Mother Of ASUU Strikes’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.