Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,860 members, 7,798,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife (33253 Views)

How Shehu Sani Got Into Trouble With EFCC Over Car Dealer’s $30,000 / How Jonathan Signed Himself Into Trouble With Fourth Amendment Bill 2015 / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by Brizzy404: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
https://punchng.com/how-fake-news-put-me-in-trouble-with-my-wife-osinbajo/

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has lamented the negative effect of fake news, adding that it even put him in some trouble with his wife recently.

Osinbajo, while speaking at a BBC symposium on fake news tagged, ‘Nigeria 2019: Countering Fake News’, in Abuja on Wednesday, said a blog put up a picture depicting him posing with strippers.

The Vice-President said upon closer inspection of the photo, he discovered that he had indeed taken a picture with the women at an entertainment event but they were fully clothed.

He said the blogger picked a photo of where the women were not fully clothed and presented it to the public wrongly.

Osinbajo said, “I have been one of the targets of fake news. It can also sometimes cause you marital peace. I got a call from my wife about three or four weeks ago and she said Yemi what are you doing with strippers and I said what do you mean by strippers? So, I read a story in a famous blog that said, ‘Osinbajo caught with strippers’.

“And there was a photograph of me sitting between two perfectly clothed ladies but underneath this picture, the same ladies were not wearing much.

“In fact-checking (I noticed that) the photographs with these two ladies at an entertainment event were taken when they were perfectly clothed but by the time the story was put out, it was as though I had taken a photo with them at the time they were not clothed at all.

“As it turns out, I wasn’t in the picture of where they were not wearing clothes but just the caption, the stories and all that gave the impression that here I was in the company of these ladies at a point when they were doing their business. I think the capacity of fake news to cause great harm is not in doubt at all.”

The Vice-President said fake news is as old as communication but added that there was a need to effectively tackle it as it could cause violence and destroy lives.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by KingSatan: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2019
cheesy
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by eyeview: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
When that news broke, even my wife asked me how Osibanjo could be with strippers. I had to explain to her that it's just bloggers looking for sensational news, that the man attended a public function and many guests were taking selfies with him which included the two ladies properly dressed, that there was no way he could no among the countless people that snapped with him thAt those strip for a living. My wife just shook her head and said, "these bloggers can put one in trouble. This will now make the poor man avoid taking selfies with people in events again"

Ps, this doesn't mean that I won't vote to kick him and his incompetent and senile boss out in February.

And also, if the authorities are serious about combating fake news peddlers, Joe igbokwe will be in jail by now. If they can lock up Lauretta Onochie and joe igbokwe, fake news dissemination would drop by 50%. They should try it and see

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by IjebuWarrior: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin

How many innocent folks are languishing in all 9ja prisons? angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by kolafolabi(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Vice President sir, was this photo shopped too grin grin grin grin

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by Offpoint: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
lol at "Yemi what are you doing with a stripper? grin the wife doesn't even trust him.

He should have told her he's campaigning.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by melanch(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
This man knows how to tell sweet stories o. My grandfather once told me not to believe every story of a storyteller. Storytelling is the storyteller's power and he can use it to manipulate his listeners.

Boost your website presence on Google through high authority backlinks

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by berrystunn(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
If a pastor can lie like this who else.. do we trust?
5.5m fake news too. ?
Am here watching...

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by MrAJQ(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ride on the transformer of Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
. grin
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by classicking(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by sportyowl: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
By
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
Sharap! Short devil pastor after sucking their boobs ...and playing with their toto u come dey yarn okpata embarassed
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by Compliant(m): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
To be sincere when Jonathan was in power APC make use of fake news to frustrate him

CLICK LIKE FOR ATIKULATE OR CLICK SHARE FOR BUHARI

BUT BEFORE YOU CLICK, KINDLY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PVC PLS

POOL CLOSE BY 12AM TODAY

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by mikhe2(m): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
who fit help me with that pic were them say oga osibanjo Dy use style touch person breast lol
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by NotBeenPaid: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019

This fake VP sef, him don dey lie pass Lai Muhammad

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by tstx(m): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
Don't blame naija bloggers jare.. Blame Nigerians. If you write real news nobody go read am... But once you calm down compose one juicy Fake news e go definitely go viral... Fake News/Celebrity News drives more traffic in Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by Alepa(m): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pdpigz are bastards

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by yomi961: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
How is it fake news ehn, well we all know what they say, it takes fake to know fake. Fake pastor, fleecing on the gullible. God's willing, you and the your kind that has milked us dry with your propaganda and lies will be sent parking

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by ainas247: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
wink
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
O se se beere
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by sotall(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Okay
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by dunkem21(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by hisexcellency34: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
E be like say this VP no get job
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by enemyofprogress: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
Sir I'm in lust with your wife. Borrow me just for one day sir
Re: Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife by israelmao(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
Author of fake news is Lai.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu To Opponents: Let’s See Who Wins / Mariya Mahmoud: Fire Guts FCT Minister Of State Residence In Abuja / Muhammad Bello's Sallah Gift To Buhari This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.