₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,160,597 members, 4,707,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 January 2019 at 05:53 AM

My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures (5349 Views)

What Is "Scam" In Auto Sales / My Awful Experience With Kakakibuy / Dru23 Auto Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 12:27am On Jan 10
Disclaimer; I'm not yet a licensed car dealer let alone am I a mercenary here to spoil any name or business but to share my experience with the said nairalander. Moreover! Calculusx said it severally to my face that he
cares not about whatever anyone says about him on nairaland, for those that buy cars from him are not nairalanders
let alone from nairaland. But unfortunately, I'm a nairalander who has been on this section for few years now of which
I thought that this personality could be trusted to the extent that I've been one of his fans not knowing that I will be
critically ripped off and made to loose money.

It is highly recommended you read at least the pages listed below culled from "Your Opinion Is Highly And Urgently Needed! !!" that I created because: https://www.nairaland.com/4895806/re-opinion-highly-urgently-needed/1 , https://www.nairaland.com/4895806/re-opinion-highly-urgently-needed/8 , https://www.nairaland.com/4895806/re-opinion-highly-urgently-needed/9

1. He was putting all the blame on me

2. He treated me like he was dealing with a kid

3. He refused to apologize despite he was explained to how myself, my wife and my son in the car narrowly escaped accident
when the transmission parked on the highway on 30th of November 2018

4. He refunded N1,050,000 from his V.A Auto Sales Ventures bank account on January 6th 2018 after he said on the 27th of December that he would only be able to refund me N1,100,000 after selling the vehicle as Nigerian used for say N2,100,000 or more.

Despite the car already took over N1,900,000 from my wallet making me to loose over N850,000 while he technically still ripped off to get say N2,500,000 for the "lemon" car that he bought for 1,600$ on copart almost 2 years ago.

See the image below showing the car having two accidents history with autocheck score of 35. Transmission was reported repaired in 2014 and car had another accident in 2017.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by SUPERPACK: 12:34am On Jan 10
Parks Bugatti
Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by MotorConnectz(m): 12:37am On Jan 10
SUPERPACK:
Parks Bugatti
lmaoooo... na wa o. Nice Chiron u got there buddy. I just dey trek passby o...

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 12:47am On Jan 10
This journey started in September 2018 when I wanted to buy a clean title Lexus Es 350 2008/09. I searched
carfax of which I saw one that I loved to buy and own in Texas of which I informed my E-currency exchange business
partner who is also living in Texas to help me pay for it and as well send it down to Nigeria.

The car was about 10,000$ and my Nigerian business partner being a medical doctor pursuing his PhD degree was super
busy with his study at that time. I contacted calculusx to make enquiry what it will cost me if he is to help me with
getting the said car to Nigeria. He quoted say 5M which I agreed to pay but I told him that my partner will credit
his partner's bank in abroad with the about 10,000$ while I pay say naira to his bank account for the shipping and clearing.

To cut the long story short, the ones that I put on my watchlist were bought within a very short period of which I got pissed
off when I couldn't see my taste that worth the 10,000$ that I planned spending on it. I then decided to postpone the buying
till 2019 for it to be used to celebrate my 31st birthday this year while I use the money for business and
investments that would have yielded more before then.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 1:12am On Jan 10
I was on my way to Osogbo on October 15th 2018 or so to see some investment opportunities since I once lived in
there for more than five years that I was flagged down by customs after Ibadan. My customs
paper was checked and they told me that it is fake(a forged one for that matter) of which the
firs person that I called was calculusx to make some enquiries because I was shocked to be told
that my car would be seized. I recently talked about this here at https://www.nairaland.com/4911746/read-why-how-car-almost.

He told me the same thing and I immediately called the dealer that sold the car to me. After over
six hours delay plus parting away with N100,000, I was released and I missed my appointment
that very day. The experience was very awful that I planned buying a Lexus Es 350 in Osogbo to
bring back to Lagos while I park my car in Osogbo to be brought to Lagos on a Sunday by one of
my friends overthere.

But I considered lot of things and refused to buy it in Osogbo while I summoned courage travelling with
the car back to Lagos on a week day. I later took my mind of buying the car but rather used the money
for business and investments as earlier planned. What that portraits is that I will be kind of financially
incapacitated for some time after such business and investments commitments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by Royle2014(m): 1:27am On Jan 10
I'm not understanding

4 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 1:38am On Jan 10
It was around November 20th 2018 that I needed to travel interstate to check
on some investment opportunities and for the upcoming Yelutide season, to see family
and friends as usual that I started thinking of getting another car since I could no longer
travel with the EOD because of the customs issue.

I started brainstorming on which car to get that won't that affect my finance at least for
the Yelutide season to pass. Then I saw calculusx
post on his whatsapp status the said Lexus Es 350 2007 that was them listed for 3.7M here https://www.nairaland.com/4088804/tin-can-cleared-2007-lexus-es for 2.8M on November 26th 2018.

I contacted him and explained to him how I do travel especially long distances alot and most times alone in the car that I needed a good car. I reminded him of my initial plan of him getting me he Lexus in Texas, how my former car got caught up in customs paper forgery(key reason that I decided to get a car earlier than planned) and the genuine reasons that I needed a car ASAP but not that bucks up at the moment.

I pleaded to him to let me take a good car while I pay part of the money and remit the balance within a very short time. He agreed and I went to his lot the second day to see the said car and other ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 1:59am On Jan 10
On getting there, I saw the black Es 350 but I wasn't that impressed with slight dents, rusts etc on it that I requested for the gold
one that he recently posted on his status but he said that hubcruz recently brought a buyer for it. I then requested I go for one of
the ES330s on ground but he said that it is almost the same thing with my sharp EOD and that it will be better I take the Es350.

I then asked for the reason the Es350 didn't sell for so long and he repeatedly said that it is because of its melting dashboard which
he claimed that he just repaired it but I could see that the repair is manageable. As a matter of fact, I asked him lot of questions especially
from VIN report that vininspect gave me but he kept defending them and assuring me heaven and earth that the vehicle is perfectly working well without a single issue.

To cut the long story short, I paid 1.5M to his company's (V.A Auto Sales Ventures) bank for the car on the 27th of November 2018. I even told him on phone while I was at his office that I might likely send the whole 2.8M to his bank because I now have more than 3M in my personal account at that time which you can see evidence of that in the image below. Thank God I didn't even send the whole 2.8M, it would have been an horrible experience instead of the awful experience that I said in the topic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 2:58am On Jan 10
After making the payment, I left the vehicle with them to fix whatever they need to fix (hmmm! another story for another day) till
the afternoon of December 28th when I went there along with my mechanic. We went to Ladipo where I went to change the rusting
RIMs to very clean Tokunbo ones, bought dashboard cover, wheel cover and seat cover before heading to my mechanic workshop.

We serviced the car(the engine oil in it was kind of darker than charcoal as if they've have never changed the oil since it got to Nigeria about 2 years ago.), scanned it(brought AFS and AC circuit errors which I communicated with him on whatsapp but he was sounding somehow) and as well buffed it in order to remove battalions of visible scratches seen on it let alone dents.

Thank God that the rewire quickly noticed that something was burning, only to see that the fog light of the driver's side which calculusx's rewire bought new and fixed that day or so was not properly keyed in that it was already melting the bumper. It could have been another story on my way home if that was not detected and fixed by my rewire of which I also discovered that rear speaker was sounding strange when sound is increased a bit(we later discovered it has burst like Gboaaa while it was with him).

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by CarGuideNG: 3:03am On Jan 10
sad

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by meezynetwork(m): 3:07am On Jan 10
So?
Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 3:27am On Jan 10
The car was registered with KJA*9*FM plate number fixed onto it and all its papers were processed in preparation for
a journey to Sagamu with my family on the 30th of November 2018.

While in the middle of highway after redemption camp with myself, my wife and my 10 months plus old son in the car on that fatefully day, the transmission just packed all of the sudden while the car was on speed. I managed to carefully go off the road because I noticed on time thereby taking advantage of the existing motion.

I whatsaped and called calculusx but he was sounding like "what is my business with the car that I sold to you without any issue?". I called my mechanic who told me it is transmission issue (slippery sign, VSC and other lights came up on dashboard). I towed the car to Sagamu and my secondary school teacher took us to his Lexus mechanic who poured 16,000N ATF oil that I bought into it, to see if it will pick but it was leaking through its pump area. I sent it to calculusx on whatsapp but he didn't do like he was concerned and we had to tow the vehicle back to my mechanic's shop at Akogbon in Lagos.

Calculusx never called my phone let alone message me on whatsapp not until around some minutes to 12 midnight which was just like 30 minutes that myself and my family got home saying that he was held in traffic. To cut the story short, mechanic discovered that the transmission has been earlier worked on but dealer denied it only for autocheck report to reveal that it was worked in 2014 after which it had accident in 2017 after which it was bought for 1,600$ on copart and shipped to Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 3:29am On Jan 10
meezynetwork:
So?

Sobata! !!

4 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by ikelords(m): 3:50am On Jan 10
Ride on bro....
Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 4:13am On Jan 10
It cost me N160,000 aside the N65,000 that the mishap took from my wallet on the November 30th to repair the gear.
I drove it straight to his lot on December 5th or so that it is not a reliable car for travelling knowing fully well that I told
him that I travel alot but he started acting funny and blabbing.

I told him to do whatever he likes with it probably to sell as Nigerian used but refund me asap. He then started blabbing again
saying all sort of things after which I created this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4895806/re-opinion-highly-urgently-needed
where someone suggested we clear the registration. I approached him with the idea so that I could bear the loss of the over 400,000N
that I spent courtesy the car while he refunds me my 1.5M that I paid to his company's account but he was rather saying stories that were not interesting.

He was like I should still bring money for the transmission to be replaced while he removes like 200,000N from the earlier agreed price of the car but I declined since it is a lemon car that won't be able to serve purpose I originally got it for. He was now like it will be until he sells the car that he will give me whatever he thinks I deserve but I made him to understand it shouldn't be like that; he should refund me without delaying my money but he refused.

I called him and as well met with him on the 27th of December(exactly one month that I paid for the car) of which I explained alot of things to him and as well admonished him to let us sort out the issue in 2018. I made him to know that the best thing that he should do that won't make
my spirit to be annoyed with him is to refund me 1.5M while I take the loss of the over 400k let alone risks,stress as lesson for 2018. But he refused even when I from my heart asked him to refund me 1.4M.

He said severally that he saw buyers offering 2M, 2.1M, 2.2M but he has been looking for someone that would pay 2.5M but he has seen someone that has been begging him for 2.1M. That he will sell it and give me 1.1M but I admonished him to pay me right away since he has collected all the original registration papers of the vehicle but he refused.

Countdown to January 5th, I called him when I didn't hear nor receive from him about the sale only for him to tell me that it has been sold but the money is still with the middleman that sold it. I saw 1M50k from him around past 4 p.m on January 7th against 1M100k that we earlier concluded on. I messaged him on whatsapp after few hours asking for my 50k balance and my plate number but he read and ignored my chat only for him to respond to it with something shocky, disgusting and invalid which can be seen below after over 24 hours(I think that he even responded because a friend of his who know me that I reported him called him).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 4:32am On Jan 10
The questions for calculusx to answer are;

1. Why did he decided to sell the car without involving me since he was connecting me and my money with the sale of the car?

2. Why will he send me 1M50K instead of the 1M100K that we agreed on and yet he thinks I deserve no explanation?

3. Why will I have to wait for 2 weeks before collecting my plate number?

4. Does he thinks that he can go unpunished by making me loose over 850k because he sold me a lemon car?

5. Does he thinks that 2.5M he technically got from the said lemon vehicle that he brought in for less than 1.5M wanted to sell for 3.7M back then will not finish?

In my conclusion, God will judge between us.

Almighty God will strike any sort of evil planner with all manners of evil and their evil plans will not turn out successfully but evil will return in multiple folds to hurt and destroy their family including their generations. Amen!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by Kayglo: 4:41am On Jan 10
Calculusx... Oya, ya own side of the story. Eitherway, give Legalwealth, his plates and 50k if you guys agreed 1.1m. Legalwealth, Pele... It's an experience. I know how you feel, thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 4:53am On Jan 10
Kayglo:
Calculusx... Oya, ya own side of the story. Eitherway, give Legalwealth, his plates and 50k if you guys agreed 1.1m. Legalwealth, Pele... It's an experience. I know how you feel, thanks for sharing.

E se jare!

He should have respected himself even based on the high regards that I had for him back then and refund me my 1.5M while I bear just the over 400k to avoid all these drama.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by alezzy13: 5:34am On Jan 10
*sigh*
not again. cry

Even calculux. . .

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by calculation(m): 6:34am On Jan 10
Op am sorry, but you allow this to happen because in your field of work, didn't you look at technical report from expert. Cosplay already detect calculus as dubious dealer, yet you still went ahead to deal with him and now see what happen. Please am sorry again and recount your step when going for another car.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by idu1(m): 6:49am On Jan 10
You see.

He knows very well the car is not good. He made this man to lose a lot of money. All car dealers are dubious. Anyone that doesn't know before should know today and be careful.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by noble71(m): 6:53am On Jan 10
embarassed Sorry bro for your loss. lesson learnt! never trust anyone. always carry out VIN check on any vehicle before purchase.

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by noble71(m): 6:55am On Jan 10
Calculusx let hear your own part of the Story or ............
Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by rationalmind(m): 7:01am On Jan 10
I remember contacting him when I wanted to get an 07 Acura RL. Vehicle was quite scarce in the country and pre-order was considered. He was engaged on the phone and we discussed budget and a few other things.

Said he'll need to study the bid process to have a good idea what it will cost bringing one in. Two days after our discussion, I messaged him on Whatsapp asking for updates, his response which came a lot later was that he has been busy and will get back to me.

I never heard from him and never went back to him. I mean, I haven't event paid you and I'm the one running after you? What happens after I pay and something goes wrong and I need a refund?

I think he was too non challant for my liking and that was all the red flag I needed to run.

Moral: When dealing with car dealers, never ignore red flags. If everything happened as detailed by the OP, there were enough red flags for him to have backed off this deal. He just chose to ignore them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by brrrr(m): 7:14am On Jan 10
Carry soldiers go beat him papa if he try this with me I go tow 7 cars go barrack

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by engrprosper: 7:33am On Jan 10
Oga na u do urself.. anytime ur buying a car.. do ur vin check..

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by engrprosper: 7:33am On Jan 10
No VIN check, no car sales.. kpere
Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by antagonist: 7:49am On Jan 10
I remember last year that he was in the wrong and yet fighting online I said something about all these about his behaviour, my 2nd car was from calculusx years ago but I think he was still humble and straightforward then he was coming up, not now he's doing all these kind of things most dealers do. I remember i also told him about my friends encounter with inspired man back in the days and this was how he started, doing all these sharp practices and taking wrong shortcuts all because of money
calculusx these days is not like before, now he is like every other dealer with the aim of making money any which way
op take heart, what goes around always comes around

4 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by MobilityExpress: 7:51am On Jan 10
legalwealth:

3. Why will I have to wait for 2 weeks before collecting my plate number?

Process to change of ownership for new plates by a new owner usually takes around 2 weeks or more (plus or minus days depending on your connect). Because they will do necessary verification to ensure that it's not a stolen car being re-registered and previous owner isn't being wrongly voided etc before changing the proof of ownership and awarding new plates on the vehicle. So this is normal. It's a government thingy, and has nothing to do with the dealer.

6 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by antagonist: 7:57am On Jan 10
MobilityExpress:

Process to change of ownership for new plates by a new owner usually takes around 2 weeks or more (plus or minus days depending on your connect). Because they will do necessary verification to ensure that it's not a stolen car being re-registered and previous owner isn't being wrongly voided etc before changing the proof of ownership and awarding new plates on the vehicle. So this is normal. It's a government thingy, and has nothing to do with the dealer.

I did the same change of ownership for my dyna van, they do not need the number plates bros. what they took was the original papers including proof of ownership and registration papers, they gave the plates back to me immediately. maybe the guy is holding it to punish the op or another reason

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:11am On Jan 10
MobilityExpress:

False.

Cc: Kingreign, obekediamondfuto, banky3w, thebigkendo, diportivo, thecar, Cosplay, jodecibmw, nurey, Gazzuzz, timifakay, weyreypey

Dinner is served.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With Calculusx That Runs/Owns V.A Auto Sales Ventures by legalwealth(m): 8:20am On Jan 10
MobilityExpress:

Thanks for this explanation.

Is this what he finds difficult to explain? Also note this car was was just registered November 28 2018 and besides, I have that feeling that the processing of this particular car shouldn't take too long.

I stand to be corrected and schooled! !!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2002 Toyota Rav 4 With Low Mileage 65k With Picture!! / Superclean Registerd 2015 Model Kia Optima / »»» Toks Jeep Commander 06 @ N3.7M Negotiable «««

Viewing this topic: uchman(m), computerglobal(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.