Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,500 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement (20685 Views)

Resource Control: Edwin Clark Tackles Obasanjo, Recalls Ugly Past / Lauretta Onochie Tackles Obasanjo On Fulanisation Claim / Ohaneze Secretary Apologises To Buhari Over Atiku’s Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by vegafbs: 6:33am On Jan 10, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/10/soyinka-tackles-obasanjo-atiku-endorsement/

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has again tackled former President Olusegun Obasanjo over his endorsement of Atiku Abubakar, his former deputy and now presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after painting him as villain for a long time.

Soyinka, who spoke alongside key dignitaries and stakeholders like Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, during a panel discussion on ‘Beyond Fake News’, put together by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), said the former president acted in a manner that promoted confusion and fueled fake news.

“[i]A former leader picks on a character for the better part of eight years that he ruled, calling him Lucifer. He continues after office saying same. Then all of a sudden, he suddenly says ‘This is your saviour’. What should you make of such a person?” [/i]Soyinka asked.

The event was organized by BBC to sensitise the public on the dangers of fake news, especially as the country would soon go into general elections.

Soyinka further stated that he had been a victim of fake news recalling how people twitted that he once called wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, an illiterate, and denied ever making such statement.

“[i]I saw it in one of the social media platforms where a quote was attributed to me that I said it serves Jonathan right that he married an illiterate woman. I have never made any comment on this woman,” [/i]Soyinka said.

He stressed that efforts must be made to get creators of social media platforms like Facebook to check abuses leading to fake news on the social media, even as he recalled another incident involving a certain Nigerian resident in the US (names withheld), who reportedly created a facebook account in his name with which he allegedly made money from unsuspecting members of the public.

He said the police in Nigeria were unhelpful in the matter, recounting that a petition sent to the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) on the matter had gone unanswered, even as he narrated efforts through private investigation to unmask the said character.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Sikay19(m): 6:36am On Jan 10, 2019
grin
Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Mankos(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2019
Every body now know that Obasanjo is an enemy of the state.

Next level is a sure game

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by OLUROCKS(m): 6:42am On Jan 10, 2019
Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Shelumiel: 6:45am On Jan 10, 2019
Soyinka should hurry up and die . His use to Nigeria ended the day he receive that Nobel Peace prize

25 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by rottennaija(m): 6:52am On Jan 10, 2019
That is because obj is desperate. I don't know what Buhari has done to him or his business. But he is sure desperate to go back to his vomit to support Atiku.

And that's is all the more reason for me not to allow Atiku smells our national tteasury

108 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by kumakunta: 7:00am On Jan 10, 2019
Obasanjo wey no get baring .

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by kumakunta: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
Soyinka should hurry up and die . His use to Nigeria ended the day he receive that Nobel Peace prize
Unfortunately for you his death or existence is not in your words or hands . Keep gnashing your teeth is severe agony .

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by NOC1(m): 7:01am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:

You might die before him, so don't wish him death.

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by kareemkamil(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2019
Obasanjo is one enemy of progress for this country

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by BruncleZuma: 7:02am On Jan 10, 2019
I can smell the BS

1 Like

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2019
If OBJ can support ATIKU, its prove 100% that politics is a game of personal interest because the way OBJ denied and reject ATIKU in past, you will think even if Gun is placed on OBJ head, he will still reject him... Bunch of selfish and useless people, how could some body who want to help a country grow obtain loans or lavish his money for campaign , he will either seek donation or on low key calling for people support
.I still don't see reason to vote yet, maybe when all these old man pafuka or revolution occur ...they always, sometime make me dab for igbo people seeking for Biafra, we are only deceiving ourselves as one Nigeria /unity is not by force

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Ibcrown(m): 7:02am On Jan 10, 2019
Obasanjo is such a bloke

3 Likes

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by googlepikins: 7:02am On Jan 10, 2019
Afonjas and envy and bitterness, why can't this fool forgive and embrace his brother Obasanjo.

For how long do you keep beef till you die.

Soyinka let go, stop the bitterness.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Shelumiel: 7:03am On Jan 10, 2019
NOC1:

A man who is only useful to stupidity does not deserve life
Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by SAconnect247: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2019
I think the east are embarking on a political suicide by voting for PDP next month! It'll be a huge miscalculation

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by TWOWAYMIRROR: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2019
Even Saul the persecutor of Christians finally became endorsed by Christ to lead the Christians.

5 Likes

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Shelumiel: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2019
kumakunta:

Unfortunately for you his death or existence is not in your words or hands . Keep gnashing your teeth is severe agony .
Shut your mouth ! What has Wole Soyinka done for you or your worthless kind. ..? Nothing!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:

I don't really comment on politics but what is wrong with you? You guys spend all day supporting people that don't give a damn about you and even insult elders. I don't think you are normal.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Shelumiel: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2019
checkolatunji:

Eleribu Omo Jatijati
Omo ale like you

4 Likes

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by davit: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2019
“[i]A former leader picks on a character for the better part of eight years that he ruled, calling him Lucifer. He continues after office saying same. Then all of a sudden, he suddenly says ‘This is your saviour’. What should you make of such a person?” [/i]Soyinka asked.

4 Likes

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 10, 2019
NOC1:

Exactly....many of them that wished and prayed for PMB to die have even gone while PMB is still living.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Flexherbal(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2019
Nigerian politicians are like that.

I am not surprised.
Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by imam07: 7:08am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
You that is talking. Do u have assurance if u will see tomorrow? Or whether u will live longer than Wole Soyinka.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by shugabasbn: 7:08am On Jan 10, 2019
Obj is shameless old man, the man that his first son dejected like leprosy, her daughter Iyabo avoiding him like a outcast. In a sane country people will not take someone like him serious. He had all the opportunities to make Nigeria better but for his selfish interest he failed to do so

4 Likes

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by googlepikins: 7:08am On Jan 10, 2019
SAconnect247:
I think the east are embarking on a political suicide by voting for PDP next month! It'll be a huge miscalculation
South West the saboteur of Afrca

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by imam07: 7:09am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
A man who is only useful to stupidity does not deserve life
Nah u dey give live?

1 Like

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Maket: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
Shut your mouth ! What has Wole Soyinka done for you or your worthless kind. ..? Nothing!
MUMU*3

3 Likes

Re: Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement by Olajah81: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:

See what poverty have reduced ur brain to...

I pity ur generation...

Wish ur wasted parents die first before wishing anoda fellow

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Vacates Forfeiture Order On Okorocha’s Properties / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail / Asari Dokubo Leads Port Harcourt Protest: Wants Sovereign National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.