Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally (2249 Views)

IGR: Lagos Leads As FCT Beats Rivers, Kano, 33 Others / How Suspended NPA MD, Hadiza Bala Ceded Intels Terminals To Dangote / No Inch Of Yoruba Land Will Be Ceded To Fg's Creditors - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2019
Saw the post below on the Ikoyi Golf Club whatsapp group. Can these mind boggling figures be true

��‍��‍

*The ₦282.6 billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector ceded out illegally.*

The Lagos Agberos money spinning kalokalo.

You are wondering why Lagos Agberos can be have 9 kids showing off in Atlanta Georgia.

The Average illegal tax on Bike in Lagos is ₦600/day sampling 6 locations.

The Average illegal tax on Keke Marwa in lagos is #1000/day sampling 6 locations.

Average Illegal tax on yellow bus and molue is ₦3000 /day sampling 6 locations in Lagos.

There is a minimum of 120,000 bike in Lagos taxed illegally.

There is of minimum of 120,000 marwa keke in Lagos taxed illegally.

There is a minimum of 145,000 registered Danfo buses and molues when we join the unregistered we will be talking of over 250,000 taxed illegally.

This Agberos are very efficient in this illegal tax collection that they rarely miss.

*Okada*
₦600*120,000 = ₦ 72,000,000 /day

*Keke Marwa*
₦1000* 120,000= ₦120,000,000 /day

*Danfo+Molue* ₦3000*250,000= ₦ 750,000,000/day

Illegal tax at stake per day in Lagos is.
₦ 942 million /day

The Agberos in Lagos stand to cash out
(₦72m + ₦120m + ₦ 750,000) * 300 days annually = ₦ 282.6 billion annually. Excluding public holidays and Sundays, some collect tax on Sundays.

Pls note the number of Bikes, Keke and buses in Lagos surpasses the numbers I used in my analysis.

This is 91 % of the IGR of Lagos in 2017 and some guys just screw the danfo drivers.

That is why the drivers and conductors are mad in Lagos.

This is over 27% of the 2018 Lagos State budget.

This cash is more than the capital spending on education in Lagos since 1999.

This cash is more than the IGR of all the 35 states individually.

If Lagos State takes just 50% of this cash and leave 50% to the Agberos we will fix our roads in 15 years max.

*Over to the incoming Governor of Lagos. Hope he will have the political will to sort this out*

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by kingharzy: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
undecided

No solution in sight. The same incoming gov'nor is coming in on the backs of these agberos. . . The political cabal is behind the criminal cabal.

1 Like

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by streetsoldier1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2019
This is what ambode tried to clear up and he got booted, they argued that transport biz should be in private hands and not govt, truly this is huge!!!

3 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
streetsoldier1:
This is what ambode tried to clear up and he got booted, they argued that transport biz should be in private hands and not govt, truly this is huge!!!

Not only huge. It is extra HUGE

3 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
streetsoldier1:

Yes, govt don't have business with business. But, the fees shld be collected by govt just like LIRS did for tax

1 Like

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2019
Newway2:
Saw the post below on the Ikoyi Golf Club whatsapp group. Can these mind boggling figures be true

��‍��‍

You are wondering why Lagos Agberos can be have 9 kids showing off in Atlanta Georgia.

The Average illegal tax on Keke Marwa in lagos is #1000/day sampling 6 locations.

Average Illegal tax on yellow bus and molue is ₦3000 /day sampling 6 locations in Lagos.

There is a minimum of 145,000 registered Danfo buses and molues when we join the unregistered we will be talking of over 250,000 taxed illegally.

This Agberos are very efficient in this illegal tax collection that they rarely miss.

*Okada*

*Keke Marwa*

₦ 942 million /day

(₦72m + ₦120m + ₦ 750,000) * 300 days annually = ₦ 282.6 billion annually. Excluding public holidays and Sundays, some collect tax on Sundays.

Pls note the number of Bikes, Keke and buses in Lagos surpasses the numbers I used in my analysis.

This is 91 % of the IGR of Lagos in 2017 and some guys just screw the danfo drivers.

If Lagos State takes just 50% of this cash and leave 50% to the Agberos we will fix our roads in 15 years max.

*Over to the incoming Governor of Lagos. Hope he will have the political will to sort this out*

Can Sanwolu do the needful?
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by delpee(f): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
If the state has the capacity to raise funds this way, why cede it to a few people in the name of "union"?

Meanwhile they also collect from traders and shop owners especially around major bustops.

4 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Sonnyboom: 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
You are right on this finding but what state are you from and when will you carry out a forensic investigation on who your state government ceded the same right to or are other governors immune to the extent that all the evils you highlight about the Lagos you can not infer similar situations in other state ?

Newway2:

Can Sanwolu do the needful?
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Omoodua007: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
Igbo man focus on your state
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Sonnyboom:
You are right on this finding but what state are you from and when will you carry out a forensic investigation on who your state government ceded the same right to or are other governors immune to the extent that all the evils you highlight about the Lagos you can not infer similar situations in other state ?

The state I am from is not on debate here. This phenomenon also cut across all state & Lagos state has always been a pace setter in developmental economy.

Hence, if Lagos can pull it off & I pray it does, it will set up a precedents that will reverberate in other states.

We can't just leave such a huge income pool in the hands of unions who contribute nothing to the infrastructural development of the nation. They are leeches suckling bloods in transportation industry.

1 Like

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Omoodua007:
Igbo man focus on your state
Why do u always see things from ethnic prism?

3 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Omoodua007: 7:07am On Nov 30, 2019
Newway2:

Why do u always see things from ethnic prism?

Have you observed only you igbos advise/criticize every other ethnic groups leaders while your own performs worse than them

All around twitter Igbos are more concerned about Tinubu Makinde elrufai than Obiano
Where fire is burning in your own house
You have market without fire service
One rich Igbo man was buying out an entire village so as to establish a firm even Chiamanda wrote about it

But no it’s what Yorubas are doing with their land your people carry for head like say tomorrow no day

I never see any edo Niger delta Hausa concerns himself with Yoruba politics and vice versa

Na only Igbo

1 Like

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by nku5: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2019
The fact is that agbero is the most popular occupation in Lagos. Also the most lucrative based on the figures. The money is largely unaccounted for but plenty goes to settle "stakeholders" (APC ppl)

1 Like

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Omoodua007: 7:19am On Nov 30, 2019
nku5:
The fact is that agbero is the most popular occupation in Lagos. Also the most lucrative based on the figures. The money is largely unaccounted for but plenty goes to settle "stakeholders" (APC ppl)

This is a typical Yoruba hater
From your profile it tells already

I rather have Lagos agberos than Anambra baby stealers

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Sonnyboom: 7:42am On Nov 30, 2019
Lagosians are not complaining, write your article on the failures of those leading your state. Leave Lagos for Lagosians.

Newway2:

The state I am from is not on debate here. This phenomenon also cut across all state & Lagos state has always been a pace setter in developmental economy.

Hence, if Lagos can pull it off & I pray it does, it will set up a precedents that will reverberate in other states.

We can't just leave such a huge income pool in the hands of unions who contribute nothing to the infrastructural development of the nation. They are leeches suckling bloods in transportation industry.
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by nku5: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Omoodua007:

This is a typical Yoruba hater
From your profile it tells already

I rather have Lagos agberos than Anambra baby stealers

See this one I most likely have more stake in Lagos than you. If you don't like it secede tongue

See your small sense cheesy why didn't you show my post that was anti-yoruba in your screenshot. You left it out mysteriously

2 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by BlackfireX: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2019
I will fight corruption..... I will fight corruption...

Hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by SarkinYarki: 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
This what Ambode sought to solve that got him into trouble with the head of the this transport racket who happens to be a powerful politician .
To put this in perspective while Lagos struggling in paltry with a mere 3 billion dollars as it's annual budget making it the poorest mega city in the world, less than 500 Agberos headed by a popular politician are left to freely mine almost I billion dollars investment free from the Lagos transport scene

2 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by kettykin: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
What of the yellow taxi,uber,taxify and opay. I kind of feel technology is changing the dynamics. The figures might be a little exaggerated but a bit true, the dark revenue in the hands of the underground revenue industry might even be more than the government revenue. All this money is swimming in the hands of Tinubu and his mc oluomo team.

But Abuja just overtook Lagos state in the number of newly registered vehicles in 2019. And i believe with better organizational skills and revenue industry in Abuja with the revenue in the right government , Abuja might be the place
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by SarkinYarki: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
Sonnyboom:

I am sure you don't have potable water in your house and your street is a dirt road yet you want to use tribalism override your common sense ..before you tell me to go back to my state know I am an indigene by of Lagos by birth as guaranteed by the Constitution
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Omoodua007: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2019
nku5:

See this one I most likely have more stake in Lagos than you. If you don't like it secede tongue

See your small sense cheesy why didn't you show my post that was anti-yoruba in your screenshot. You left it out mysteriously

How about you develop your own space so you won’t have stake in Lagos
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Omoodua007: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I am sure you don't have potable water in your house and your street is a dirt road yet you want to use tribalism override your common sense ..before you tell me to go back to my state know I am an indigene by of Lagos by birth as guaranteed by the Constitution

Looooool Nigeria operates a state of origin by indigenous and geopolitical zone
Hence a Yoruba man born in kaduna is still a Yoruba man from his Yoruba state
Claim your state of origin and be proud of it
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Newway2(m): 6:16am On Dec 01, 2019
Gentlemen,

The discussions here is not about tribe or ethnic. It is about a national anomaly & malady. Agberos are in every state making a killing in terms of revenue collection without adding any tangible value for the huge revenue they collect daily.

Sadly, our leaders have emboldened them because they use them for election purposes.

My take is, can we sensitive our different state govts into seeing or harnessing this huge revenue for infrastructure development?

Lagos is a test case because of the population of Lagos. But, it does not really mean that Lagos must start first, even though; it will go a long way if Lagos does so.

Pls, drop these ethnic biases & let's have a meaningful discussions.

I come in peace. Shallom

@Kettykin
@Omooodua007
@Sarkinyarki
@Sonnyboom
@Blackfirex
@Nku5

2 Likes

Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by stonemasonn: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This what Ambode sought to solve that got him into trouble with the head of the this transport racket who happens to be a powerful politician .
To put this in perspective while Lagos struggling in paltry with a mere 3 billion dollars as it's annual budget making it the poorest mega city in the world, less than 500 Agberos headed by a popular politician are left to freely mine almost I billion dollars investment free from the Lagos transport scene
Stop talking rubbish, most of the cash collected by the agberos make up the Lagos IGR. The agberos are tax collectors for Lagos government, they have their cut and the rest belongs to the government. Ambode"s problem wasn't agberos.
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by SarkinYarki: 6:34am On Dec 01, 2019
stonemasonn:
Stop talking rubbish, most of the cash collected by the agberos make up the Lagos IGR. The agberos are tax collectors for Lagos government, they have their cut and the rest belongs to the government. Ambode"s problem wasn't agberos.

Can you show me this revenue in Lagos state Budget plans
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by CSTR2: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2019
Sonnyboom:
Lagosians are not complaining, write your article on the failures of those leading your state. Leave Lagos for Lagosians.

I am a lagosian because I live there and pay taxes there

I am more useful to Lagos than many of their indigenes.

And yes, I am complaining.
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Sonnyboom: 6:08am On Dec 26, 2019
Your father n forefather beat their chest to their doom, you are currently threading on that path. The taxes you pay is what Lagos charge for helping to keep your body n soul together if you doubt that you can proceed to die of hunger n po very in your shit hole village.

CSTR2:

I am a lagosian because I live there and pay taxes there
I am more useful to Lagos than many of their indigenes.
And yes, I am complaining.
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by RuggedSniper: 3:54am On May 22, 2020
Newway2:
Saw the post below on the Ikoyi Golf Club whatsapp group. Can these mind boggling figures be true?

*Okada*

*Keke Marwa*

₦ 942 million /day

^^Who wrote and posted these unverified info on WhatsApp originally?
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by RuggedSniper: 3:58am On May 22, 2020
Newway2:

Yes, govt don't have business with business. But, the fees shld be collected by govt just like LIRS did for tax
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by omonnakoda: 3:59am On May 22, 2020
SarkinYarki:

There is nothing like that in the constitution

Stop talking rubbish
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by MetaPhysical: 4:22am On May 22, 2020
Newway2:

��‍��‍

*Okada*

*Keke Marwa*

₦ 942 million /day

Are bikes legal, are keke marwas legal, how many of those danfos are roadworthy and with current registration?

Go to your region and ask why governors pay amnesty to kidnappers.
Re: The ₦282.6 Billion IGR Lagos State Transport Sector Ceded Out Illegally by Nobody: 5:04am On May 22, 2020
Omoodua007:

Have you observed only you igbos advise/criticize every other ethnic groups leaders while your own performs worse than them

All around twitter Igbos are more concerned about Tinubu Makinde elrufai than Obiano
Where fire is burning in your own house

You have market without fire service
One rich Igbo man was buying out an entire village so as to establish a firm even Chiamanda wrote about it

But no it’s what Yorubas are doing with their land your people carry for head like say tomorrow no day

I never see any edo Niger delta Hausa concerns himself with Yoruba politics and vice versa

Na only Igbo

Igbos are socially dangerous because they are malevolent, homeless and ideologically empty extroverts always and historically covetous of the land, property, wealth and political administration of others.

They have no core belief in or attachment to their land of origin, language or culture . Especially dangerous is their sense of entitlement which, added to their itinerant nature, sees them always ready to disrespect and battle their hosts wherever they settle in and attempt a hostile takeover of what does not and cannot belong to them.

As you opined, any sensible person must be taken aback as per why it is Igbos alone, and no other Nigerian ethnic group, who seem obsessed with seeing the speck in the eyes of others while unbothered about the boulder in theirs.

All in all, the spirit of usurpation and cynical domination/subjugation of others always present in Igbo leaders like Azikiwe, Ojukwu etal is in every Igbo as we see today from their behavior this very minute and second on this forum.

Mods just won't allow it but it would be interesting to conduct a vote amongst non-Igbos
over whether Igbos should remain in Nigeria or leave. Pretty sure it would shock Igbos that ordinary Nigerians are fed up of them and want them gone. Only the old "one Nigeria" generation still see any benefit in keeping the troublesome, hateful and restive Igbos part of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Election: We Don’t Have Server – INEC / You Shall Arrest And Tire – Nigerian Man Replies EFCC Post On Instagram (photos) / Patami And The Hypocrisy Of The Igbos And Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.