Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. (2362 Views)

My Female Neighbour Is A London Barber See Her Cutting Her Son's Hair / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,happy new year to you all once again.I solicit for your kind advice on this issue please.I work with a private firm,and by reason of my level I am qualified to run a school program,having purchased the form and secured an admission at postgraduate level,my female boss told me that she wanted to also enroll but that since I have gone ahead to enrol she will step down for me to continue,that when am thru she will do hers since both of us cannot do it at the same time due to our positions. However she said I should apply formally to the head office which I did,but up till now no approval from the head office,when I called the head office they ask me to get a medical permit to certify my fitness to travel from my base to the school in most weekend since its a part time studies. I collected the medical fitness from my doctor and gave to my female boss to submit at the head office since she was going there.On her return she kept mute until I asked her for the approval but she told me that the head office told her to tell me to either accept a one year of study leave or accept only Fridays and Saturdays for my program this I felt should have been communicated to me in writing as mine has always been official. However other colleagues of my level in other branches have been given full approval.Please I smell an undermine here but I need sincere and mature advice on what to do please.Thanks
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2019
Please note that the one year study leave as an option is without pay and won't be enough for a part time masters degree program.Also before one would apply for studies one must have secured an admission letter.
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Briller: 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gilaso:
Dear Nairalanders,happy new year to you all once again.I solicit for your kind advice on this issue please.I work with a private firm,and by reason of my level I am qualified to run a school program,having purchased the form and secured an admission at postgraduate level,my female boss told me that she wanted to also enroll but that since I have gone ahead to enrol she will step down for me to continue,that when am thru she will do hers since both of us cannot do it at the same time due to our positions. However she said I should apply formally to the head office which I did,but up till now no approval from the head office,when I called the head office they ask me to get a medical permit to certify my fitness to travel from my base to the school in most weekend since its a part time studies. I collected the medical fitness from my doctor and gave to my female boss to submit at the head office since she was going there.On her return she kept mute until I asked her for the approval but she told me that the head office told her to tell me to either accept a one year of study leave or accept only Fridays and Saturdays for my program this I felt should have been communicated to me in writing as mine has always been official. However other colleagues of my level in other branches have been given full approval.Please I smell an undermine here but I need sincere and mature advice on what to do please.Thanks

My dear, I understand how you feel but these are some of the life challenges you have to deal with. You don't always have things working out your way.

Do not feel bad but accept it as happening for a reason.
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by NormalThing: 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
On a lighter note. LoL See nerve. You want to get Masters before your Madam. You want to take her job abi grin grin

Meanwhile what kind of office cares about staff so much to want a medical report from you to ascertain you are healthy and fit for shuttling between work and for a degree awarded by another institution? They must really have your interest at heart. Sounds like an employment from heaven.

Again, why do you need permission to run a part time masters degree that is scheduled only on weekends (lectures and exams inclusive)
Do you work weekends in your office?. Again, they gave you Friday and Saturday so Do you work Sunday in your office?

Honestly I can't give any advise. Ask your colleagues how they did theirs or suggest to your madam to proceed for her Masters before you do cool

3 Likes

Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
I needed permission because I work till Saturdays and at times Sunday and also reside in my work place quarters
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 11, 2019
Choose one between your M.Sc and your job.
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Florblu(f): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2019
Gilaso:

I'm sure your coy have an. handbook or it's equivalent, what does it say about study leave? Did you discuss anything about personal development during the onboarding process?

On what ground was your other colleague granted the study leave? Were they fortunate or they deserve it?
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Assist23: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2019
Gilaso:
Dear Nairalanders,happy new year to you all once again.I solicit for your kind advice on this issue please.I work with a private firm,and by reason of my level I am qualified to run a school program,having purchased the form and secured an admission at postgraduate level,my female boss told me that she wanted to also enroll but that since I have gone ahead to enrol she will step down for me to continue,that when am thru she will do hers since both of us cannot do it at the same time due to our positions. [b]However she said I should apply formally to the head office which I did,but up till now no approval from the head office,[/b]when I called the head office they ask me to get a medical permit to certify my fitness to travel from my base to the school in most weekend since its a part time studies. [b]I collected the medical fitness from my doctor and gave to my female boss to submit at the head office since she was going there.[/b]On her return she kept mute until I asked her for the approval but she told me that the head office told her to tell me to either accept a one year of study leave or accept only Fridays and Saturdays for my program this I felt should have been communicated to me in writing as mine has always been official. However other colleagues of my level in other branches have been given full approval.Please I smell an undermine here but I need sincere and mature advice on what to do please.Thanks

I want to understand what exactly your female boss did wrong apart from being considerate and helpful, she guided you on what to do, she helped you take your fitness certificate which you should have taken yourself yet you drag her to nairaland to make her seem evil, what entitled rubbish is this? When people start being harsh to subordinates it is because people like you take it for granted

1 Like

Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 4:24am On Jan 12, 2019
Yes sir, i followed the due process as stipulated by the handbook.quote author=Florblu post=74664905]

I'm sure your coy have an. handbook or it's equivalent, what does it say about study leave? Did you discuss anything about personal development during the onboarding process?

On what ground was your other colleague granted the study leave? Were they fortunate or they deserve it?[/quote]
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 4:27am On Jan 12, 2019
Sorry please I didn't mean to rubbish anyone please but take not that its not all that glitter are gold,nor all that seems to be helping you are indeed helping you.
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by sisisioge: 7:20am On Jan 12, 2019
Gilaso:
Sorry please I didn't mean to rubbish anyone please but take not that its not all that glitter are gold,nor all that seems to be helping you are indeed helping you.

You found this out belatedly. For future sakes, please endeavour to follow your matter up all by yourself unless you direly need assistance.

Anyways, write HQ pleading your case and even offer to take the sabbatical leave. Pele.

1 Like

Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by ifyalways(f): 7:38am On Jan 12, 2019
You are not serious fa cheesy

You sent your boss on an errand on a mission that can make you her boss ?

Better start a direct correspondence and follow up from your Hq. Your boss is not obliged to do you any favours in this circumstance.

5 Likes

Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2019
I might have made a mistake but all the same I felt I have been betrayed somewhere,however its even a part time studies I am applying for
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2019
ifyalways:
You are not serious fa cheesy

You sent your boss on an errand on a mission that can make you her boss ?

Better start a direct correspondence and follow up from your Hq. Your boss is not obliged to do you any favours in this circumstance.

I didn't send her they had a meeting of her cadre and when she was going she decided to carry it along
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by ifyalways(f): 7:57am On Jan 12, 2019
Gilaso:

I didn't send her they had a meeting of her cadre and when she was going she decided to carry it along

Gilaso:
Dear Nairalanders,happy new year to you all onces. I collected the medical fitness from my doctor and gave to my female boss to submit at the head office since she was going there.Onks
The impression from above is that you asked her to help you drop it off .

You are supposed to handle your official business yourself, your boss is not your courier especially since you have discussed the details of your personal business with her.

You should learn atleast two things from this :
Keep your personal growth plans to yourself in your work environment unless you are asked.
Handle your official business yourself. Drop the 9ja mentality of " Please help me give this slippers to Kunle, help me collect my dress from Ada, tell Hassan to call me " etc

7 Likes

Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by jeff1607(m): 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2019
just curious do u still stay with your parents or relatives?

Cos if you don't have anyone to back you up or sponsor you,I think you should know the right step to take
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2019
There is provision in the official handbook.of the organisation for someone who has worked for over two years to apply for part time studies,and I qualified and have followed due process,but its still a surprise to me that health grounds would be used against me when my doctor has certified me fit.
Re: My Female Boss...please Advice Me Please. by Gilaso: 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2019
Sincerely I do appreciate all your contributions, it has been helpful to me,the bible said in a multitude of counsel there is safety

(1) (Reply)

Wife Begs Husband To Accept Baby After She Was Impregnated By Pastor / Which One Should I Go With 1.5m / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.