Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) (48187 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Marriage Introduction In Yoruba Land - What Is Expected Of The Groom To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Biingoo: 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
A cyber bully
But am not.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Rozaytee: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
Calypsol:

Hey rozy, can you help me make a choice on which of my pics to upload on my nl profile? I'm quite indecisive somethings v.v, I have two in mind, so if you ready I could show it to you so you tell me the money you prefer smiley
lol..ok
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Calypsol: 1:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
Rozaytee:
lol..ok

Nvm
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Chommieblaq(f): 10:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:
[img][/img]

@bolded,

I don't believe this coz I have learnt from a fellow Igbo friend that it doesn't apply to outsiders but it makes sense to leave the child with the mother (Igbo) for the compulsory motherly care which plays a great part in the child's development.

I appreciate where your sentiment lies but...smiley

It's not a lie, however I don't think it's as strong as before.

Oyi adiro a keta nwa (boyfriend no dey get child), very common in Anambra and many part of Igbo land.
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
Chommieblaq:

It's not a lie, however I don't think it's as strong as before.

Oyi adiro a keta nwa (boyfriend no dey get child), very common in Anambra and many part of Igbo land.

If you're Igbo I expect you to defend your tradition but it's ideal not to mislead people for the sake of education.

Please let's pocket our sentiments and be rational with our submissions. I don't dispute if the tradition is dealt on Igbo to Igbo but I'm particular about people from another tribe/culture. I believe the Igbo culture/tradition is accommodative on this - I'm not about emotions running riot. smiley
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
geezyk:
Was in Kwale, Delta state over the weekend for my cousin's intro, that was when I knew those relatives are freaking greedy! We were told the bride's father has 3 different families and we're gonna meet them all, one after the other.

The first family we met told us we can't meet the second family without passing through them, we started by knocking on the door, which was literally spending of money, that night alone, we spent close close to 100k, and we've not even been given the marriage list, which is always given by the final head!

The whole community is freaking greedy! a time came I was so vexed that I told my cousin to leave his girl and let's go back to our hotel room, but he persisted, sayin he's started already, that had he known, he would not have started.

I just accepted that they sold her to us, they even have the effrontery to tell us we're still owing them 25 litres of palm wine.

Lolcheesy

Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Chommieblaq(f): 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
omooba969:

If you're Igbo I expect you to defend your tradition but it's ideal not to mislead people for the sake of education.

Please let's pocket our sentiments and be rational with our submissions. I don't dispute if the tradition is dealt on Igbo to Igbo but I'm particular about people from another tribe/culture. I believe the Igbo culture/tradition is accommodative on this - I'm not about emotions running riot. smiley

Who's talking about emotions or sentiments here?
Even if I'm to defend tradition, this is the least of tradition i will defend.
I assume you are not igbo, why are you being overly emotional about it?
You give igbo girl belle ni? grin grin
In some part, it's even worse when the person responsible is not igbo.
However, civilization has changed many things, one can go to court to claim his child, it's no longer as common as it were and also, it mostly depends on the lady's family.

Peace
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by omooba969(m): 11:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
Chommieblaq:

Who's talking about emotions or sentiments here?
Even if I'm to defend tradition, this is the least of tradition i will defend.
I assume you are not igbo, why are you being overly emotional about it?
You give igbo girl belle ni? grin grin
In some part, it's even worse when the person responsible iscnot even igbo.
However, civilization has changed many things, one can go to court to claim his child, it's no longer as common as it were and also, it boils down mostly to the lady's family.

Peace

Belle kwa? undecided Av got my zipper intact. grin

It's cool to see how you water down your position on such an incongruous tradition. I have no problems with Igbo culture/tradition but the question we humans fail to ask is - 'Is tradition made for humans or humans for tradition?'

I leave that to you. smiley
Re: Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) by Calypsol: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? / Nigerian Woman Dies 12 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.