Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! (26993 Views)

Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) / Israel Adesanya: I Have A Tattoo Of Nigeria With A Lion Inside It On My Chest / Benjamin Okenna Swadinho: Pidgin Commentator In Russia 2018 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by NinjaMetahuman: 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Yorubas too like fighting sports

#warriors

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Topmaike007(m): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Buffalowings3:

grin grin
we be one naija na!!!
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:
Pidgin English originated from Bendel area and we'll make it an official language of the Niger delta or Benin kingdom..

Benin, the nightmare of ndi Igbo and evil wishers as well. The greatest race on earth.

God in my next life, I want to be from the descendants of Benin be it Bini, ikwere,urhobo, ekpeye. Just make me a descendants
benin nightmare of igbo how
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by DeRay98(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
He is one of 3 nigerians fighting and making waves in UFC/MMA. The others are Kamoru Usman and Kennedy Nzechukwu. But Israel has the biggest profile having fought 65 fights in Kick Boxing, 7 in Boxing before joining UFC where he has 15 fights with 0 loss.

I just discovered another one Sodiq Yusuff fighting from U.S but representing Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Mouking(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
philsbaba:
Ma fe do'ya yin pa grin
you are a fool
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by ksly24(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:
Pidgin English originated from Bendel area and we'll make it an official language of the Niger delta or Benin kingdom..

Benin, the nightmare of ndi Igbo and evil wishers as well. The greatest race on earth.

God in my next life, I want to be from the descendants of Benin be it Bini, ikwere,urhobo, ekpeye. Just make me a descendant
illitrate

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Sheggy13(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dvin:

I grew up with the thought that Igbos and Yorubas like themselves.
That was until Chinua Achebe wrote that his book "There was a country", opening old sores and died causing so much division and hate in the process followed by the Jonathan presidency and the attendant divisive politicking that followed the 2015 elections, and the final nail on the coffin was Nnamdi Kanu and his ipob calling Yorubas all sorts of names and further deepening the hate that had been brewing by these two preceeding events and fuelled by social media outfit, chief of which Nairaland is a culprit. That has been my observation.

9 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by ksly24(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
dnt mind the fool
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by fredoooooo: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Omo ire bi custard grin

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by IjebuWarrior: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dvin:

I grew up with the thought that Igbos and Yorubas like themselves.

We the Yorubas are very civilized and accommodating that we've been a generous host to the Igbos for >60 years. Yet, they act ungrateful and harbor animosity towards us. They tend to be very toxic to every hosts of theirs not just us. Just imagine the various immigrants in the U.S behaving ungratefully to their hosts. angry

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by TAO11(f): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:

God in my next life, I want to be from the descendants of Benin be it Bini, ikwere,urhobo, ekpeye. Just make me a descendants

only you a descendantS ? wow
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by TundeCole(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dpharisee:
I wish him Success for remembering his roots, it takes a lot of bitter fights to make it into UFC, you must be a very tough fighter, boxer, karate and wrestling expert.
This one does not have Afonja blood in him grin

grin ;mad man!!
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Dpharisee: 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dapsonemmanuel:
and he speaks afonja language

now evaluate how dumb your post sounds

fuc.ktard

Idiot, Afonja does not own Yoruba language, Afonjas on Nairaland refer to Yorubas who betrayed their tribe and handed Ilorin to Fulanis.
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by TAO11(f): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:
all monarchy in Yoruba land is Benin blood except that of Ilorin grin

Kiss the truth

Shhh! Please keep quiet Oba Ewuare II is speaking.

Pay attention to him in the link below from 13:22 to 13:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXvXupQwaz0

Notice how he confirms that the FIRST OBA of Benin is not from Benin.

Guess where he said the FIRST OBA of Benin come from.

Sad News:
That Yoruba dynsaty, which started with Oranmiyan and his son Eweka I, continues, in Benin, till today and forever.

I'm sorry, we can't do nothing about it

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Twizzy30(m): 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
dude said his fav food is indomie noodles. you can check his IG page to confirm
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by philsbaba: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mouking:

you are a fool
ode omo
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Tomoyayi(m): 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
morikee:
Glo fvck me up big time i should have won double FTC award

You mean Slo.......
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dpharisee:
I wish him Success for remembering his roots, it takes a lot of bitter fights to make it into UFC, you must be a very tough fighter, boxer, karate and wrestling expert.
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dpharisee:
you are mad

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Enoch07: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
morikee:
Glo fvck me up big time i should have won double FTC award
No tell me say na wetin u plan to achieve this year be dat o
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:

u play the race game even with your fellow country men.

I'm so tired right now in fact all I can say is, I'm glad you are here
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Asour: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:

Pidgin English originated from Bendel ?
I wish it was. but.....No.
Pidgin has no Native speakers.
Creole/pidgin is spoken for ease of communication in many parts of the world.

The pidgin English spoken in Delta/Bendel/Edo in Nigeria is arguably the most interesting (I myself appreciate and find it Amusing). But make No mistake, Pidgin(Including Pidgin English/Creole) has been spoken in Most parts of West Africa since the Colonial ages.
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by 6footplus(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by marvinsync(m): 4:40am On Jan 11, 2019
DREAMZZZ:

lol don't mind that joker
let him just have his fun
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by marvinsync(m): 4:43am On Jan 11, 2019
Sheggy13:

That was until Chinua Achebe wrote that his book "There was a country", opening old sores and died causing so much division and hate in the process followed by the Jonathan presidency and the attendant divisive politicking that followed the 2015 elections, and the final nail on the coffin was Nnamdi Kanu and his ipob calling Yorubas all sorts of names and further deepening the hate that had been brewing by these two preceeding events and fuelled by social media outfit, chief of which Nairaland is a culprit. That has been my observation.

so ur saying it's all igbos fault and Yorubas did nothing wrong and has no part to blame

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by marvinsync(m): 4:46am On Jan 11, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

We the Yorubas are very civilized and accommodating that we've been a generous host to the Igbos for >60 years. Yet, they act ungrateful and harbor animosity towards us. They tend to be very toxic to every hosts of theirs not just us. Just imagine the various immigrants in the U.S behaving ungratefully to their hosts. angry

that is what u guys tell urselves?

unbelievable ...

Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by ashjay001(m): 5:39am On Jan 11, 2019
raumdeuter:
This is not recent

Guy, I just tire o! See me open mouth, as old news dey trendshocked

His biggest fight, feBuhari 10th, against d greatest of dem all, Silva.

Don't miss that match up! YouTube is a blessing, walahi kiss
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by dalass(f): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2019
6footplus:
you can watch it here again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxbPYtx8uRQ
Thanks for sharing.... Guy kept it real.... Make e continue to beat bastard comot their body...only Yorubas can understand cheesy
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:18am On Feb 06, 2019
Dpharisee:

Idiot, Afonja does not own Yoruba language, Afonjas on Nairaland refer to Yorubas who betrayed their tribe and handed Ilorin to Fulanis.
[color=#006600][/color] angry
Re: Israel Adesanya Introduces Americans To Pidgin & Yoruba, Twitter Loves It! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Well, I'm Igbo with so much respect and love for Yorubas. I cherish the language and their culture. I feel bad when Yorubas and Igbos exchanging words.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Becomes 1st Nigerian To Earn More Than 100,000 Pounds A Week / Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria / Timo Werner Leaves Chelsea, Returns To RB Leipzig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.