₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,255,419 members, 4,936,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 10:35 PM

Sweet Nothings - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sweet Nothings (69631 Views)

Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / The Sweet Taboo / "Sweet Pain" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweet Nothings by PrudySara(f): 11:04am On Feb 27
This Denola guy is too weak for my liking jare. What's even come over Amanda too...

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Giannaaaaaa: 8:01pm On Feb 27
Thirty one

"Bye bye, sunshine....hello dark clouds and rain. Hope we are all prepared for the showers and the cold"

Murtala Mohammed Airport,

Lagos.

July.

Denola.

Amanda buried her head in the book she was reading and ignored the tension between she and Denola in the car he had hired to take them to Mayfair.

They still weren't on good terms after the fight that almost broke out within them some days ago.  After their little tiff, Denola had decided that it was better to head back home.  Amanda had quickly tied up loose ends and attended to whatever business she'd had over there while he had arranged the flight back home.

Davina had kept on asking the couple if everything was fine but they had brushed her off in their own way. It was nothing worth discussing as far as Amanda was concerned.

"Are you okay?" Denola asked concerned. Amanda shrugged "Do you even care?" she asked.

Denola frowned "Of course I do,  you're my wife" Denola said.

"So it's obligatory for you to pretend you care" Amanda stated.

Denola shook his head "Stop twisting my words Amanda, I'm concerned because you've barely said anything to me since we left the hotel.  You've been ignoring me, I said I was sorry already" Denola said.

"It's nothing an apology will fix. Thanks to you,  in years to come I'll always remember that an argument right after my wedding night ended the honeymoon. You pushed for a fight so you could use it as an excuse to leave" Amanda accused.

Denola shook his head "I didn't....you know I hate us fighting. I only thought it was best to leave because I'm really worried about my family. I haven't heard a thing from them, Davina said she mistakenly pushed my phone off the table in her room and it broke, there's no other way for me to reach them. I want to know...I need to know they are alright. I can't shake the feeling that..." Denola was saying when Amanda cut him off.

"Spare me the excuses, you know I don't really care.  Leaving Jos worked out just fine for me because now I can get back to work" Amanda said turning her attention to the book once more.

Denola was surprised at her anger, he had thought she was just mildly upset but it was  more than that. This fight could go on for days if he didn't do something to end it "Amanda...." he started again but she held up a palm to shut him up.

"This discussion is over, I'm tired.  Let me rest" she said shortly. Denola nodded and didn't bother her again for the rest of the ride.

Mayfair estate,

Lagos.

A couple of hours later, the cab guy parked right in front of the Mayfair estate imperial gate and waited patiently while Denola cleared himself with the officers at the gate.

Amanda watched the interaction outside the car tiredly, she sighed wondering what was taking so long. All she wanted to do was crawl into bed and sleep, she hadn't slept the previous night because she couldn't get her mind to shut down. She was losing with Denola, no matter what she did,  his family was still paramount to him.

Denola returned to the taxi and turned to Amanda. "We have a system at Mayfair, we don't let Taxis into the estate, I asked the officer to phone Jadesola. She's coming to get us" Denola said.

Amanda didn't reply,  she simply rolled her eyes.  'We don't let Taxis into the estate' the Mayfairs thought themselves to good for common men. They had wealth like kings, dressed, acted and dined like royalty. They also looked down on low standard people and things like royal snobs.  She mentally scowled but refused to say anything to Denola.

Jadesola's car showed up minutes later, Denola got out of the taxi and urged Amanda to get out too.

He asked the Taxi driver to get their bags out of the car as Jadesola parked her car.

Jadesola stormed out of the car in anger and walked over to her elder brother. Denola was shocked when she gripped him by the collar, her eyes were red and swollen. Her face was tear stained and her hair was disheveled.

Denola pulled away shocked and placed his hands gently on her shoulder, his eyes perused her features. Something was wrong, something had happened.....fear gripped him.

Seeing the exchange, Amanda got out of the car and watched the duo suspiciously. What was going on? She wondered.

"Why are you back, why have you returned you bastärd?!"Jadesola screamed at him.

Denola frowned. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"Denola asked wide eyed.

Jadesola broke into a mocking laugh, her eyes flew to where Amanda was standing by the taxi.

"You didn't want to see or talk to anyone of us because of her didn't you? She convinced you to leave so I ask again why have you returned?"Jadesola screamed.

Denola took in a sharp breath "Stop freaking shouting and talk to me like a sane woman you stupid girl" he said agitated.

"I called, I texted.  Everyone has been trying to reach you, you refused to talk to us.  You refused to reply us.  Why Denola, why?  What happened to Mayfair's way of sticking together no matter what? We are family, why did you abandon us?" Jadesola asked with a sob.

Denola sighed feeling a little guilty, he was about to explain everything to her when he heard Amanda groan. Jadesola turned to his wife and narrowed her eyes at her. 

"Can you guys hurry up already, I'm tired and I've been standing on these shoes for a while now" Amanda said gesturing to her peep toe heels.

Jadesola gritted her teeth and turned to her brother "Get your stupid girlfriend to shut up or I will shut her up myself" Jadesola growled.

"Wife actually" Amanda hissed and waved her ring finger at Jadesola who turned to shoot her brother a betrayed look.

Denola sighed when he caught the expression. "I can explain..." he muttered.

Jadesola shook her head "Explain what?  you don't need to explain a thing. She finally convinced you to marry her without us, without our blessings. Well congratulations, while you were getting married, your grand father was lying critically ill in the hospital. He kept on calling out for you and we tried everything to get to you but you ignored us. I've been calling you since Friday, Hakeem called, your mother, your father, Dame. You never answered, I see why. We were worthless to you compared to your precious Amanda" Jadesola said with another sob.

"Congratulations brother, you're just in time for the funeral preparations. Welcome to the committee" Jadesola continued.

Denola broke...."Grandfather is dead?" he asked surprised. How had he not known, how come they had not been able to reach his phone? His phone had been with....Amanda. They must have called and she never mentioned it because of her strong dislike for his family.

He turned sharply to look at her, feeling various emotions that were overwhelming.

She hadn't told him,  she hadn't told him about their calls or texts on purpose.

Denola felt air leaving his lungs, she hadn't told him because she hated his family and wanted him far away from them. Denola stared at her in disbelief, how could she be so callous?

One glance at him,  Amanda knew immediately that the jig was up. Whatever Jadesola  had said to him would make him turn on her.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweet Nothings by Niwdog(m): 8:25pm On Feb 27
Amanda is just an idiot
I hope she die a terrible death

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by cerowo(f): 8:28pm On Feb 27
i feel like straggling Amanda, gosh her own don do thanks Giannaaaaa for d update

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by skubido(m): 9:13pm On Feb 27
Tanks for the update op

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by dammyd46(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27
In Broda shagi's voice ( laughing my arsenal out) So now Denola now realise he was too dumb and blind to see.... Amanda shey you say bomb dey your head ni...

2 Likes

Re: Sweet Nothings by dammyd46(m): 9:16pm On Feb 27
To Denola the way you handle this will determine your level of foolishness..... (drops mic)

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Favouritetega(f): 12:24am On Feb 28
dammyd46:
To Denola the way you handle this will determine your level of foolishness..... (drops mic)

I swear

2 Likes

Re: Sweet Nothings by LightQueen(f): 8:46am On Feb 28
He never see anything..
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by aprilwise(m): 9:26am On Feb 28
Am speechless but thanks

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by izaray(f): 10:20am On Feb 28
LightQueen:
He never see anything..

Lol, something must kill a man na, Denola mumu no get part two i swear

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by princessadeola(f): 10:36am On Feb 28
Never marry a woman in secret,no.matter the live on. Parental Blessings is important especially in Africa

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by BIGGIE121(m): 10:49am On Feb 28
Oops .denola did not see the death of grand-p comming his way, denola is gonna go balistic on his stickler wife,,,ijiot amanda

Gianaaaaaa anytime i see ur update on this thread, i always feel awfuly happy...your story beguiles me a lot,

thanks for the update ....may you brain nerver hibernate....xoxo

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by kimoyo: 6:02pm On Feb 28
Amanda digging her own grave. You can't separate a man from his family unless jazz is involved.

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Ann2012(f): 6:23pm On Feb 28
Amanda can go to hell

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Kaycee9242(m): 10:46am On Mar 01
provided Amanda is not using jazz to control Denola I will never her for once. the man chose to be stupid. gianaaaaaa well-done

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by openmine(m): 2:31pm On Mar 01
cerowo:
i feel like straggling Amanda, gosh
her own don do
thanks Giannaaaaa for d update

shocked shocked shocked
its just a story nah cry cry
Abi na momo challenge? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Sweet Nothings by Chubbiehills(f): 7:29pm On Mar 01
this Amanda is something else oo

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by cerowo(f): 9:15pm On Mar 01
[quote author=openmine post=76250862]
shocked shocked shocked its just a story nah cry cry Abi na momo challenge? shocked[/quote Lol, i know but it's just annoying besides it also happens in reality

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by openmine(m): 9:20pm On Mar 01
[quote author=cerowo post=76262232][/quote]
okay smiley

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by gal10(f): 3:42am On Mar 02
Amanda ode gidi!!

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by mhizv(f): 6:23pm On Mar 04
Gianaaaaaa. cry cry cry what's happening na.

Hope u r ok though

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Haipre: 4:42pm On Mar 05
Nice story..
Well, to my understanding, I think Amanda and konye are sisters or very tight friends that grew up together and happens to encounter problems with kadin... Davina is someone they encountered when trying to escape from kadin, I think she was the one that helped amanda with the false identity..... I am just guessing

I think we shouldn't blame amanda for what has happened.. It's all happening cos of her past and she is trying to devise a way of escaping but where I will say she's wrong is because she doesn't have denola's interest at heart..

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by temig(f): 6:50pm On Mar 05
gianaa we re waiting now

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by BIGGIE121(m): 10:35pm On Mar 06
Seriously gianaaaaaa it is unfair you went AWOL for some days now, what is really going on with you

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by ologuntheo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07
intriguing!!!

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Giannaaaaaa: 9:45am On Mar 09
I am very sorry for not updating regularly. So many factors especially phcn wahala and school business has been frustrating. I've been busy but I'll be updating every weekend.

Who is ready for the next chapter? Watch this space.

2 Likes

Re: Sweet Nothings by Ann2012(f): 9:46am On Mar 09
Giannaaaaaa:
I am very sorry for not updating regularly. So many factors especially phcn wahala and school business has been frustrating. I've been busy but I'll be updating every weekend.

No problem ma'am
Waiting for the update

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Happiness98: 12:27pm On Mar 09
WAiting mama G. pls let dere b less of jadesola. would av added amanda but since shes like d life of d story...
Re: Sweet Nothings by Tweetyyy(f): 8:10pm On Mar 09
Giannaaaaaa:

me ooooooooooooo. I am ready for the next chapter, more than ready sef. Thumbs up. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Treasure17(m): 2:03pm On Mar 13
Interesting story. Some, you give them little space and they will turn it to acres and occupy the territory with their deception and lies. Amanda's arrogance and rudeness will definitely ruined her. What a mumu husband. Thanks for the update Gianna.
Re: Sweet Nothings by BIGGIE121(m): 10:47am On Mar 17
Giannaaaaaa:

miss gianaaaaaa aofa no update yet ni .this is another weekeend we are anticipating for the next update.

Dont even think of trying to amaka us this weekend ,cause if you try i will invite the son of thunder (theblessedman) to deal with you personally...cheesycheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.