₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,255,403 members, 4,936,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 09:47 PM

Sweet Nothings - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sweet Nothings (69622 Views)

Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / The Sweet Taboo / "Sweet Pain" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweet Nothings by Johilo(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17
Well done gianaaaaaaaaa... I'm enjoyin dis story and i've observed dat mandy set up de whole tin frm day one..... Wen her car was bruished just to get den's attention.... She's a villian and am startin to dislike her

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by skubido(m): 12:41pm On Mar 17
Giannaaaaaa:
I am very sorry for not updating regularly. So many factors especially phcn wahala and school business has been frustrating. I've been busy but I'll be updating every weekend.

Who is ready for the next chapter? Watch this space.

No p
Re: Sweet Nothings by Wadewaltz(m): 12:47pm On Mar 17
skubido:

No p
angry
Re: Sweet Nothings by izaray(f): 3:13pm On Mar 17
Wadewaltz:

angry
No wahala
Re: Sweet Nothings by mhizv(f): 2:23pm On Mar 20
Gradually forgetting this story cry

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Giannaaaaaa: 5:30pm On Mar 23
Thirty two.

"A bullet wound or a betrayal from the one person you really love. You might pick the latter,  but I tell you a betrayal from the one person you really love is more painful"

Mayfair Estate.

Lagos.

Denola.

In a few strides he was right in front of Amanda, her eyes widened in shock or perhaps it was fear.  Fear that he would hurt her.

He gripped her hand hard, "Why didn't you say anything, I asked every bloody time Amanda. You said no one called!" He spat.

Amanda shook her head in fear "I swear, I didn't know...." she started.

"Shut up and don't fùcking  lie to me.  Why didn't you tell me?!" he asked steely.

Amanda gasped and freed her hand from his hold.

"I didn't think it was important, I thought they were just bothering you as usual. I was going to tell you after our honeymoon" Amanda whispered.

Denola's anger only heightened at the statement. "My grandfather was dying and all you cared about was a bloody honeymoon?" He asked furiously.

Amanda pulled away from him sharply "Stop yelling and let me explain" she said quietly but Denola didn't heed this time. 

He was fed up with her dislike or hatred rather towards his family, she'd gone too far this time.

"I have every fücking right to shout Amanda! Did you hear her, my grand father is gone and I wasn't there.....I wasn't there when he needed me because you intentionally manipulated me to stay away" Denola yelled.

Amanda stared at him wide eyed, she'd never seen him so angry before. "I didn't intentionally keep you away, if I had known your grandfather was critically ill believe me I would never have asked us to elope for our wedding" Amanda said calmly, her eyes  darted to Jadesola who was glaring at her hatefully.

"Well...If I had known he was ill, there wouldn't have been any wedding. You've hurt me Amanda, I trusted you but you betrayed my trust. I think you should leave, you don't want to be here anyway" Denola said backing away.

Amanda shook her head "Denola...I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry I swear, don't walk away.  We have to talk" Amanda pleaded moving forward.

Denola scoffed "We have to talk? A few minutes ago, you didn't want to say shît to me.  There's nothing to talk about" Denola scowled and walked away from her.

Amanda sighed and rested against the car, she watched Jadesola put a comforting hand on her husband as they walked over to her car. Denola didn't spare her a glance, not even when Jadesola turned on the ignition of her car.

Amanda swallowed the bitter pill in her throat and turned to the Taxi driver. "Let's go" she murmured and got into the car.

Two hours later after his arrival at his grandmother's mansion at the Mayfair estate, Denola's mother still wouldn't stop talking about Denola's secret wedding.

Atalia Mayfair sobbed harder "You married a woman who despises us! How could you do that son?!" Atalia Mayfair accused.

Denola held up his palm,  "Not another word about Amanda. The only thing I regret is not being there for grand father when he died" Denola said taking his grandmother's hand in his. 

Dame Mayfair in return rubbed his hand comfortingly. "It's okay son, you're here now" His grandmother said.

"Just don't run off and abandon us again. Family first alright?" Jadesola reminded.

Denola sighed. "I understand that Jade but you should also remember that Amanda is my family too, we're married now" Denola said.

Atalia Mayfair scowled "Divorce her then, you don't deserve such a cunning and malicious wife!" Atalia spat.

Dame Mayfair sighed wearily. "Enough Atalia, stop rubbing it in his face. The boy is clearly hurt, it's okay. Amanda is welcome here, she's a Mayfair now.  After we bury your grandfather, we'll make plans for a  party where she will be properly welcomed into the family and introduced to the other Mayfairs" Dame Mayfair decided.

Atalia huffed but said nothing more, she had Amanda written in red at the back of her mind. She had so many plans for that girl, plans that would ruin her,  plans that she would never see coming.

Dame Mayfair's hand tightened around Denola. "I think it would be best if you brought Amanda here, a woman's place is with her husband. You two should live in this house, with your grandfather gone I'll need company. I want you to live here" Dame Mayfair said.

Denola nodded, his grandmother was right. He had to move into Mayfair, It was the proper thing to do.

Hakeem visited the Mayfair estate later in the evening, he was surprised to see Denola at the house. He was even more furious because he was disappointed at Denola's behavior. Denola was the heir to Mayfair, yet he'd abandoned his family when they were most vulnerable.

Jadesola called him away secretly right after dinner and told him everything she'd managed to pick out of Denola and Amanda's conversation.

"She's manipulative, I know she has a lot of skeletons in hiding, she's not who she says she is" Jadesola said.

"You're his best friend, talk to him.  He needs to be careful" Jadesola urged.

Hakeem nodded thoughtfully, he knew he had to tell Denola what he knew about Amanda before it became too late.

He was probably the only person who could get Denola out of Amanda's web, but how could he do that without hurting Denola in the process? Denola was very much in love with that woman, it wasn't right for a man to love a woman senselessly. Denola had to start using his head.

Hakeem walked over to Denola who was sitting on a plush sofa at the balcony. "Man, we have to talk. It's important" Hakeem said getting straight to the point.

Denola looked up at Hakeem who hadn't said a word to him since he came in until now "If it's about the wedding, I've heard enough. I don't want to hear anything more" Denola said instantly.

Hakeem shook his head "It isn't about your secret wedding, it's about your wife" Hakeem scowled .

"What about her?" Denola asked with a frown.

Hakeem sighed and was about to reply when Atalia Mayfair cleared her throat from the door way. "Denola dear, would you mind taking Ajose home and tucking him in bed?" She asked sweetly.

"Alright I will, but in a few minutes. Hakeem and I are having a discussion" Denola said.

Atalia sighed "It's way past his bedtime Denola and he has to be in school early tomorrow. Please suspend this discussion tonight" Atalia suggested.

Denola nodded and turned to Hakeem "Let's talk tomorrow, I'll come to the bar after work" Denola replied.

Seeing Hakeem nod in acceptance, he got up from the chair and walked back into the room.

Atalia Mayfair remained. "I just spoke to Jadesola, she says you might know a few of Amanda's secrets" Atalia Mayfair said walking over to Hakeem.

Hakeem cleared his throat ready to deny whatever Jadesola had spilled to her mother when Atalia smiled.

"Denola is married to her now, it would be best if we leave the can of worms closed.  I want my son's happiness" Atalia said. There was an edge to her voice as if she was warning him not to step on her toes.

Hakeem nodded because far be it from him to offend Atalia Mayfair. No one who stepped on her toes went away without a scar. She wasn't a woman to be played with.

He would hold his peace....for now.

6 Likes

Re: Sweet Nothings by Giannaaaaaa: 5:32pm On Mar 23
A/N

You all should please bear with me, it's really not easy for me too.

You all know if I had time and resources this book would be over with by now.

This story is almost done.

It's fifty chapters long.

Can we all exercise patience.

6 Likes

Re: Sweet Nothings by aprilwise(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23
It's well. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by chisiudeh: 6:23pm On Mar 23
In the end, All is well

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Kaycee9242(m): 6:51pm On Mar 23
thanks for the late update op we really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by BIGGIE121(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23
Giannaaaaaa:
A/N

You all should please bear with me, it's really not easy for me too.

You all know if I had time and resources this book would be over with by now.

This story is almost done.

It's fifty chapters long.

Can we all exercise patience.
yeah we know u dont have time but notwithstanding keeping us in the dark is not cool, btw thanks for taking out of your time to give us an update,,,obrigado

uncle suru your attention is needed on this thread

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Ann2012(f): 11:24pm On Mar 23
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 7:53pm On Mar 25
No update for 2days?.... Gianaaaa u can drop 4-5 chapters at once na. If u don't av time like that like that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 6:17pm On Mar 26
Hmmmm.....!

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 5:17pm On Mar 27
Gianni!!!!���

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Treasure17(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Sweet Nothings by Giannaaaaaa: 2:16pm On Mar 28
Thirty Three.

"The storm will destroy everything in its path,  after the storm you either rebuild all that was destroyed or abandon it"

Victoria Island,

Lagos.

Denola's Crib.

Amanda.

Davina wasn't expecting to see Amanda when she peeped through the window after  hearing the blaring honk from the taxi in the compound.

She quickly went over to the living room to unlock the door. Walking out of the house, she met Amanda handing the taxi driver some Naira notes.

Davina moved forward with her hand stretched outward in a questioning gesture.  "Iyawo.....where's your oko. What are you doing here anyway?" Davina asked.

Amanda rolled her eyes "I didn't think you'd be home yet" she said picking up her bag from the ground as the taxi driver pulled out of the compound. 

"I wasn't also expecting to see you here, thought you two were going on honeymoon phase two at the Mayfair estate" Davina stated as they walked back into the house.

Amanda sighed  and decided to give Davina a brief version of what had happened at the Mayfair estate. "When we got there, we found out that his grandfather had died during the weekend. I left to give them time to sort out everything as a family" Amanda said slumping on the sofa in the living room.

Davina sighed pitifully "That's terrible, that sucks actually. How is Denola holding up?" Davina asked concerned.

Amanda shrugged, she wasn't going to tell Davina how Denola and his sister had harassed her,  she wasn't even going to think or talk about that chapter again.

She absolutely refused to admit she was at fault, the Mayfairs simply wanted a scape goat to blame for their misfortune and unfortunately for her she'd fallen into that trap....but only for a brief moment.

First they had probably blamed Denola but he was their blood, their heir and it didn't feel right so they had shifted the blame to her,  their sworn enemy.

Jadesola's insults hadn't hurt her the way Denola's words had hurt her,   she was going to remember them for a long time and she wasn't going to let go easily.

"Why did you leave him though, this is the time he needs you the most" Davina said.

Amanda hissed "Do we have anything edible in the refrigerator, I am starving. I could eat you if I don't get food in a few minutes" Amanda said getting up from the sofa. She walked over to the refrigerator in the kitchen with Davina right behind her pretending that she wasn't conscious of the way Amanda had switched topics.

"There are some packets of noodles,  we still have that bottle of pepper sauce. Let's make dinner with that" Davina suggested.

"Good idea, after dinner, I'll take a long àss shower and I'll head to bed.  That's just what I need now. Also I checked my mail on the way here, we have a client we need to meet with at Osapa tomorrow. We're leaving the house at seven, so sleep on time" Amanda said.

Davina frowned now unable to mask her perplexity, "Babe your husband just lost his grand father. Someone he was really close to and you're going to just go to work, shouldn't you go be with him, consoling him, comforting and supporting him?" Davina asked.

"Ehen Davina. If you wanted to give free advice like this you should have opted for marriage counseling instead of interior designing. Please just let me be" Amanda hissed opening the top shelf in the kitchen. She took out two large packets of noodles and the jar of pepper sauce.

Davina looked at her in disbelief "Amanda if you were the one who lost a parent, Denola would never leave you alone. He'd be there with you all the way" Davina said.

Amanda chuckled "If I lose a parent, I will throw a huge feast.  There won't be any need to mourn" she said with a sneer.

Davina shook her head "Unlike you, Denola loves his family! Being there for him proves that you're a good wife and not the gold digger his family perceive you to be" Davina insisted appalled by Amanda's lack of sympathy.

Amanda glared at her "If you're so good at this, how come your boyfriend cheated on you, how come he never proposed to you?  How come you're still fùcking single?" Amanda taunted,  she hated the way Davina was taking her entire affair personal.

Davina winced, she couldn't believe Amanda would throw that in her face, knowing fully well that she was still hurting.
"This isn't....about me" Davina gritted out.

Amanda stepped forward and pinned her with a furious look.  "Good, so stay out of it and mind your own business. For your information, it was the said husband who asked me to leave. He said I wasn't wanted there" Amanda said coldly before walking out of the kitchen.

Davina held her breath and shut her eyes tightly. She only expelled a breath when Amanda slammed her bedroom door shut.

"I'm sorry about last night, your marital issues are none of my business" Davina apologized early in the morning as they prepared to leave for Osapa.

Amanda tied her bun with a  vintage, silk scarf. "It's okay, I'm sorry I brought up Tim. He was an aśšhole you deserved better" Amanda replied turning to Davina she held out her arms.

Davina came into her arms. "I just want you to be happy Mands" Davina murmured.

"I'm happy with you" Amanda said before releasing her hold on Davina.

Davina sighed "I know but this isn't about me, it's about you and Denola" Davina couldn't help bringing up Denola again.

"I love him and I know he loves me but if worst comes to worst I know Denola would always pick his family over me.  That's why I try as much to keep him away from them, that's why I kept his phone....because for a few seconds I wanted him to be mine alone. It doesn't matter what I do Davina,  Denola's family and their needs are paramount over any other thing or person in his life. I'll always come second place" Amanda said, her shoulder fell.

"He will adjust" Davina consoled her.

"When? we are married already and nothing has changed" Amanda said.

"I don't even feel married, ever since our wedding everything has been a mess" Amanda muttered.

Davina held her by the shoulders. "Family is a very strong bond, especially the Mayfairs. They have a legacy and a bond that can't be ruined. Denola won't leave his family no matter what Amanda, you need to embrace them. Your relationship with Denola will sail smoothly if you are on good terms with his family. Listen to me girl, stop fighting them, endure them, tolerate them.  Pretty soon they won't have any choice but to accept you. Go to your husband and support him, let him know you care" Davina advised.

Amanda chuckled "Counselor" she teased before walking out of the room.  Even though she'd joked about Davina's words she couldn't help but take them a little seriously.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweet Nothings by Giannaaaaaa: 2:17pm On Mar 28
Alright I'll hold this thought. I'll dedicate one day to posting updates. On a weekend perhaps because that's when I'm free. Please bear with me, there are about twenty chapters left.
Jstikal:
No update for 2days?.... Gianaaaa u can drop 4-5 chapters at once na. If u don't av time like that like that. Thanks
Re: Sweet Nothings by Treasure17(m): 2:32pm On Mar 28
Amanda is fighting the wrong battle. Why not open up in the first place and maybe Denola could have spare you an iota of forgiveness irrespective of your shortcomings. Stop attracting more enemy with your attitude. Thanks for the update.
Re: Sweet Nothings by izaray(f): 2:42pm On Mar 28
Thanks for the upate ma'am
Re: Sweet Nothings by Kaycee9242(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28
Gianaaaaaaa well done
Re: Sweet Nothings by Ann2012(f): 5:15pm On Mar 28
Well done OP
Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 9:04pm On Mar 28
Giannaaaaaa:
Alright I'll hold this thought. I'll dedicate one day to posting updates. On a weekend perhaps because that's when I'm free. Please bear with me, there are about twenty chapters left.
Thanks G. You're the best!!!
Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 9:05pm On Mar 28
Your story always mk my day whenever I come back from work. Thanks thanks
Re: Sweet Nothings by Pinkfeet: 2:43pm On Mar 30
wow this story is interesting.
Giannaaaaaa you are amazing .
this love story is just like NOLLYWOOD LOVE STORY that can be real in life

by the way this denola or what is he called his too cold to my liking
Re: Sweet Nothings by skubido(m): 12:16am On Mar 31
Tanks for the update
Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 5:08pm On Apr 06
If u cannot finish a story it's better not to start at all. No b say u go start come dey kp people suspension ��. ITS NOT COOL!!!! THANKS
Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 5:08pm On Apr 06
It's tiring already.
Re: Sweet Nothings by Chubbiehills(f): 8:02pm On Apr 06
Jstikal:
If u cannot finish a story it's better not to start at all. No b say u go start come dey kp people suspension ��. ITS NOT COOL!!!! THANKS
If you know you don't have something smart/nice to say, why not keep quiet and unfollow the story! you don't have to blame/ condemn a writer. I remember she apologized earlier that she has resumed school and school duties is consuming her time. oga, it is either you wait or quit. don't come here to blame others for ya boredom. thanks
Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 4:58am On Apr 07
Chubbiehills:

If you know you don't have something smart/nice to say, why not keep quiet and unfollow the story! you don't have to blame/ condemn a writer. I remember she apologized earlier that she has resumed school and school duties is consuming her time. oga, it is either you wait or quit. don't come here to blame others for ya boredom. thanks

Will u keep quiet! Werey���
Re: Sweet Nothings by Chubbiehills(f): 5:47am On Apr 07
Jstikal:

Will u keep quiet! Werey���
I can see why you have a room at yaba left. people like you are not to be blamed i blamed technology because someone Like you is not suppose to have a phone. plagiarist alert Giannaaaaaa
Re: Sweet Nothings by Jstikal: 8:23am On Apr 07
Chubbiehills:
I can see why you have a room at yaba left. people like you are not to be blamed i blamed technology because someone Like you is not suppose to have a phone. plagiarist alert Giannaaaaaa
Hahahaha... As I wrote before: werey, will u keep quiet! grin kiss undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.