Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:08 AM

ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections (31462 Views)

El-Rufai Fires 16 KASU Lecturers For Participating In NLC Protest In Kaduna / UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science) / 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections by TessBiwom(f): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2019
Kriptune:
Rubbish!
I wonder why individuals and bodies who claim to be intelligent will advice people to boycott an election.

That's never a solution.

They should've advices their members to vote against the ruling party that has been unfavorable to them instead, this way the government will see them as a threat and try

to resolve whatever issues they have

He didn't ask them to boycott the election,all he said is they won't serve as Ad hoc staff for the election (ASUU as a body will not delegate it's members')to serve as collating officers to announce results in different states as its usually done.
As an individual you are free to volunteer to work during the election and cast your vote.
Re: ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections by Bigboss111(m): 8:21am On Jan 11, 2019
Nascar:
ASUU should call off the Strike and allow Normal activities to take place..The students are suffering
Lecturers are not suffering, the work load, the stress and are denied their entitlements for years. I think people should start thinking of how to encourage the government to do more on education rather than their selfish interests.

Cant we look at other smaller countries like Rwanda, Uganda and even Sudan? No matter what, education is a key to national development. The reason why the south is more enlightened and prosperous than the north is just because of their level of education. ASUU is pressing for government to fund our educational institutions including staff welfare for years. Nigeria is a great country and we can be greater if we invest more in our educational institutions.

We pray that the people should understand ASUU's plight and support them rather than accusing them of going to strike at this time. Though it is painful to parents and students, but let us support our lecturers who always sacrifice their time and energy amidst all challenges to impart knowledge to millions of students in this country.
Re: ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections by Kriptune: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2019
TessBiwom:

He didn't ask them to boycott the election,all he said is they won't serve as Ad hoc staff for the election (ASUU as a body will not delegate it's members')to serve as collating officers to announce results in different states as its usually done.
As an individual you are free to volunteer to work during the election and cast your vote.

Yea
I got the msg even though the title was misleading, I still felt I should just pen down this view cos I've seen a few other similar instances like Nnamdi kanu ordering IPOB to boycott elections and all.

Thanks tho
Re: ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections by Elimath: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
Join the WhatsApp group below to learn how to Make about 10k per week for reading news.

https:///JbfHgsAgzUhFvcMwHbKJMF

It is Called Loaded Pen Vibes

Contact me for more details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Post Graduate Admission / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Some Meanings You May Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.