Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,586 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Best Medical Course To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Medical Course To Study (7375 Views)

I Was Forced To Retake Medical Course Because I Wore A Mini Skirt To Class / Joy Adesina: Video Of Abiodun Giving OAU Best Medical Student N5M & A Bungalow / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
Apart from medicine and surgery what other course in Health sciences can you advice someone to study
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by greatnaija01: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
If i were your close friend I might ask you to study MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE or MICROBIOLOGY because it gives your room to do your other passions and purposes.

anyway.... I would love to study you... and be your friend.
Am a love doctor o. (just joking)

barbiecue:
Apart from medicine and surgery what other course in Health sciences can you advice someone to study
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by tripplephi: 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
You look like a NURSE, have you ever considered it? I suggest you do.

barbiecue:
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
barbiecue:

dentistry. do you know why? In our healthcare system today dentists are the only other healthcare professionals at par with medical doctors in terms of salary scale, career progression, and recognition. They are both under the same council. Go for dentistry if you can't get medicine and surgery. Thank me later

6 Likes

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
studying radiography already..Dont know if I should switch to other health science courses
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by chrisbaxtian(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
barbiecue:
studying radiography already..Dont know if I should switch to other health science courses

radiography is good na. no too much competition (you guys are a bit scarce) and better pay dey. stick to it my dear

7 Likes

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by frankman365(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
barbiecue:
Continue with the one you are doing now. Or, you can examine yourself and know your capabilities and /or passions before taking any decision. Like someone said dentistry is the next bet after MBBS. If you know you can't, then, nursing is very good as a course anywhere in the world.
The decision is yours to make.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Optometry is good and lucrative... u can try it out. Am currently admitted into optometry in uniben.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
chrisbaxtian:

radiography is good na. no too much competition (you guys are a bit scarce) and better pay dey. stick to it my dear
thanks
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
frankman365:

Continue with the one you are doing now. Or, you can examine yourself and know your capabilities and /or passions before taking any decision. Like someone said dentistry is the next bet after MBBS. If you know you can't, then, nursing is very good as a course anywhere in the world.
The decision is yours to make.
but how lucrative is radiography in Nigeria
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by frankman365(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
barbiecue:

but how lucrative is radiography in Nigeria
Radiography is purely a salary based course in Nigeria (stand to be corrected). You hardly go into private practice just like nursing. The good thing is there are lots of job openings in both private and public hospitals for radiographers. Which level are you in the course?

1 Like

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
frankman365:

Radiography is purely a salary based course in Nigeria (stand to be corrected). You hardly go into private practice just like nursing. The good thing is there are lots of job openings in both private and public hospitals for radiographers. Which level are you in the course?
200 lvl
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by frankman365(m): 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
barbiecue:

200 lvl
Pls radiography is a nice course. Continue with it. People make it out of nowhere in this our country Nigeria. I will not advise anybody to waste his/her precious time because of the fact that you are looking for your dream course. Greater things lie ahead of you . Just do what you are doing very and the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by arinzos(m): 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
Radiography is very Lucrative.They are Scarce,so that makes them Special and in High demand.

Or you can try dentistry,pharmacy then Nursing.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by Quality20(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
anatomy or vet medicine
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by bodyco: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
barbiecue:

Don't try it. Aside government hospitals, Radiographers earn more than every other health professionals currently with doctors inclusive. And your chances of migrating abroad without any exam to practice is very high. Stay on that route and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by arinzos(m): 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
bodyco:

Don't try it. Aside government hospitals, Radiographers earn more than every other health professionals currently with doctors inclusive. And your chances of migrating abroad without any exam to practice is very high. Stay on that route and thank me later
Are you serious
Do you have to Lie just to Make a Point grin
No problem sha.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by Amid1010: 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
I’m a medical laboratory science student but I think it’s MBBS..it’s just beautiful
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by Amid1010: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by bodyco: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2019
arinzos:

Are you serious
Do you have to Lie just to Make a Point grin
No problem sha.

I'm a medical professional and if which part of my assertion is a lie? The pay: Kindly tell us how much doctors are being paid in private or is it the ability to travel to UK without even having to write IELTS to practice by radiographers?
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by arinzos(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2019
bodyco:

I'm a medical professional and if which part of my assertion is a lie? The pay: Kindly tell us how much doctors are being paid in private or is it the ability to travel to UK without even having to write IELTS to practice by radiographers?
And when you travel out you will work as a Radiographer shey??
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by bodyco: 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
arinzos:
And when you travel out you will work as a Radiographer shey??
Two questions..
Enlighten us with your answers and stop this childish attitude of yours
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by arinzos(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
grin
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by arinzos(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2019
bodyco:

Two questions..

Enlighten us with your answers and stop this childish attitude of yours
I want to Learn from you.You were the one that said this

Aside Govt Hospitals no Health professional earn more than Radiographers
Please can you prove the Above.
I want to know how radiographers earn more than Doctors,Pharmacist and MLS in private Practice. grin grin

The IELTS part:Does it mean Other Health Professionals MUST Sit for the exam bfr Practicing in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Best Medical Course To Study by sammy99(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
u can choose any of these health course in this order
1.dentistry.
2.pharmacy.
3.radiography.
4.physiotherapy.
5.medical lab.
6.optometry.
7.nursing.

But dentistry is also equal to medicine in terms of benefits dey enjoy.
Other ones are also very lucrative,jst like radiography dat is yet to b known by most pple in nigeria,cos of skuls dat offer dem are not much and dey do not produce a very large amount of graduates dat are more dan d carrying capacity of der allocation interms of interns and jobs likewise physiotherapy and optometry.
Also,med lab is also lucrative but d way skuls graduate med lab scientists now is alarming.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 11:33pm On Jan 11, 2019
Thanks all
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by OgaBuhari: 12:48am On Jan 16, 2019
oyedav:
Optometry is good and lucrative... u can try it out. Am currently admitted into optometry in uniben.
congrats. That's what my fiancee is studying. Same uniben
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2019
barbiecue:
Dental surgery and radiography.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by Macbennie(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2019
wats is d prob facing medical laboratory in Nigeria...cos am aspiring to be one
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by KINGJAJA888(m): 10:40am On Jan 16, 2019
AM ur course mate in UNIZIK .. winkXUP RAD.
Re: Best Medical Course To Study by barbiecue(f): 9:49am On May 05, 2019
KINGJAJA888:
AM ur course mate in UNIZIK .. winkXUP RAD.
Wow,what level?

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIVERSITY ADMISSION Into 200L Without Jamb Using Jupeb. Apply Now / Did You Know Wole Soyinka Does Not Have An Academic PhD? / National Mathematics Olympiad Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.