Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge (25777 Views)

Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon / Dispatch Rider Thrills Motorists On 3rd Mainland Bridge: Pictures & Video / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by publicenemy(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
tongue
Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by 22brains(m): 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2019
GOFRONT:
Chaiii......I hope the car owner never jump enter Lagoon??.

Where are our local divers??
local divers abi fire fighters?
Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Heavance(m): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
This is Nigeria.... are we saying all the vehicles that are passing don't have fire extinguisher?
People just kept passing, even the one taking the picture prefers to snap than to bring out his extinguisher..
Before we talk about developed countries, will the people in those countries have left this car to keep burning, without someone bringing out his extinguisher?
Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by sheltergreen: 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2019
OMG...To early in 2019.

I hope it wans't bought in Dec'18

Meanwhile,....

Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by slimfit1(m): 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2019
able1993:
I believe at this time, the fire fighters or authorities should have been able to douse the tension, unfortunately, I cant even see them in the picture, is Lagos that big....

Do you want to be enlightened, updated and learn on business and academic strategies, are you abreast of the success stories of Ben Carson, Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and the like, do you have inspirational stories others can learn from or do you need guidance and counselling on that particular decision you want to make, then visit www.motivate.com.ng

They use them for election political pictures to look like the governor is working.
Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by LeoThaGreat(m): 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2019
uuzba:

I once stopped to use my fire extinguisher on a burning car. That's the day I realised my extinguisher was not even good. The gas came out leaving behind all the powder. Many drivers probably know their extinguisher is already bad and just drive on.
Your discovery, coupled with the importance of a fire extinguisher should inspire you to go for a more trusted brand of fire extinguishers afterwards.
God forbid, but what if that emergency was on your car?

Kindly spread the word about your experience with a quack extinguisher, you will save lives in return.

I would've recommended trusted brands but, I no car, and no knowledge about fire extinguishers
Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by uuzba(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2019
LeoThaGreat:

Your discovery, coupled with the importance of a fire extinguisher should inspire you to go for a more trusted brand of fire extinguishers afterwards.
God forbid, but what if that emergency was on your car?

Kindly spread the word about your experience with a quack extinguisher, you will save lives in return.

I would've recommended trusted brands but, I no car, and no knowledge about fire extinguishers

The issue is that a very good extinguisher is sold in shoprite for about N4500 - N6000. The roadside fake ones are N1000 to N1500.

If somebody is using 1990 VW golf and buy a N6000 extinguisher. And you are driving a 2015 Toyota Prado that catches fire, do you really think he will stop and use his extinguisher for you? The money and runs that you made to buy the Prado jeep that you didn't share anything with the VW golf guy, you should have use it to buy N10,000 extinguisher as well. This is how Nigerians think. You can't oppress me with your fine car 24/7/365 and expect me to help you when trouble lands. It's only sorry the guy will say and drive off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge by LeoThaGreat(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
uuzba:

The issue is that a very good extinguisher is sold in shoprite for about N4500 - N6000. The roadside fake ones are N1000 to N1500.

If somebody is using 1990 VW golf and buy a N6000 extinguisher. And you are driving a 2015 Toyota Prado that catches fire, do you really think he will stop and use his extinguisher for you? The money and runs that you made to buy the Prado jeep that you didn't share anything with the VW golf guy, you should have use it to buy N10,000 extinguisher as well. This is how Nigerians think. You can't oppress me with your fine car 24/7/365 and expect me to help you when trouble lands. It's only sorry the guy will say and drive off.
Your point is very valid.
However, if we choose not to be our brother's keeper, we shouldn't expect our brother to be our keeper either.

Life will be a better place when we help each other

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel-Laden Tankers Explode On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Cause Heavy Traffic / How To Deal With Strong-armed Robbery In Lagos Traffic. / Onne Sea-port: 20 Things To Know About Nigeria's Best Run Sea Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.