Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Osinbajo, APC Governors Absent As Buhari Holds First Campaign Council Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, APC Governors Absent As Buhari Holds First Campaign Council Meeting (239 Views)

Tinubu, South-West APC Governors Absent As Buhari Meets Party Stakeholders / Four South-East Governors Absent At Southern Governors Forum In Enugu / All APC Governors Absent As Buhari Chairs Inaugural Meeting Of Campaign Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo, APC Governors Absent As Buhari Holds First Campaign Council Meeting by Hitpoint360: 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday presided over the inaugural meeting of the campaign council for his re-election.

However, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and the 24 state governors elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) were absent at the meeting which held at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

While the Vice President was on a visit to Ondo State, it was unclear why the governors did not attend the meeting.

Those who attended include APC chieftain and co-chairman of the Presidential Campaign Council, Bola Tinubu, as well as the party’s national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.

Others in attendance are the Director General of the Council, Rotimi Amaechi; his deputy, Senator Olorunnibe Mamora; Senator Ahmed Lawan, and Senator George Akume, among others.

READ ALSO: Buhari Vows To Maintain ‘Non-Interference’ Policy In General Elections

President Buhari presided over today’s meeting three days after he inaugurated the council.

Buhari announced Tinubu to be fully in charge to oversee the activities of the campaign council.
https://hitpoint360.com/2019/01/11/osinbajo-apc-governors-absent-as-buhari-holds-first-campaign-council-meeting/

“Even though we have only 40 days, this campaign is going to tax us all, because we intend to touch all corners of our great and vast country,” the President had told the council members on Monday.

“But I must also add that, though we will all be deeply involved, I would like to assure the nation that I will do my part without making governance or my work suffer. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, my co-chairman, will be fully in charge, and is going to be on 24-hour vigil.”

Re: Osinbajo, APC Governors Absent As Buhari Holds First Campaign Council Meeting by Elayna(f): 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2019
My mind is telling me something

(1) (Reply)

OGUN 2019 : Rejects Politicians With Questionable Traits, GNI Advises Voters / Onneghen: APC Defends Trial Of CJN, Chastises PDP / The Flag Bearer Of Pdp Is The Very Embodiment Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.