Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. (32230 Views)

Peter Obi Arrives Enugu For An Interactive Meeting With Traditional Rulers / Insecurity: Traditional Rulers From Buhari’s Hometown Are Hiding In Abuja- Falae / Prince Charles In Ghana Vs In Nigeria With Traditional Rulers (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
firstolalekan:
[s][/s]
lol
And this daft kid thinks his opinion matters grin grin grin

Daft or whatever you call it, I am wise enough to know that Ooni of Ife is the Highest and i have never seen anyone dispute that since i was born because even Kings themselves know that he is the highest in the Whole Yoruba land, The past Ooni of ife was the chairman of Traditional rulers in Nigeria and the current Ooni of Ife is the Co-Chairman of Traditional rulers in Nigeria along side Sultan of Sokoto, that should have been the position of Alaafin if truly he is the highest and My Grandfather before he died was 97 years Old told me that he is the highest. Now whatever your opinion or your research might base on i am very sure you are not wiser than the Whole Yoruba race, at least i am daft enough to know what is what and you that is not daft think your opinion matter abi

1 Like

Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by firstolalekan(m): 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
[s]
olawooro:
What rubbish is this one saying? Who is arguing about supremacy here?
Among the 5 first class traditional rulers of the federal govt, only Ooni is from SW. Alafin is not among them.
What do you know about Oyo Empire? You still hold on to the collapsed empire?
Oyo Empire that had collapsed long even before the arrival of the colonialists . As far as early 19th century, almost all the sections of Yoruba land had revolted against the Alafin. He could no longer command the respect of all Yoruba land. Every ruler had became independent of him.
During the Oyo Empire, certain places like owo, ondo and part of Ekiti were not even under Alafin/Oyo Empire. They were under Bini Empire.
Throughout the period of Oyo Empire, ile ife was regarded as spiritual capital. Majority of yourba towns and villages actually came from ile ife.

[/s]
Rubbish
Where did you find this rubbish?
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by firstolalekan(m): 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Daft or whatever you call it, I am wise enough to know that Ooni of Ife is the Highest and i have never seen anyone dispute that since i was born because even Kings themselves know that he is the highest in the Whole Yoruba land, The past Ooni of ife was the chairman of Traditional rulers in Nigeria and the current Ooni of Ife is the Co-Chairman of Traditional rulers in Nigeria along side Sultan of Sokoto, that should have been the position of Alaafin if truly he is the highest and My Grandfather before he died was 97 years Old told me that he is the highest. Now whatever your opinion or your research might base on i am very sure you are not wiser than the Whole Yoruba race, at least i am daft enough to know what is what and you that is not daft think your opinion matter abi
Shut up your trap
You this fake Osun kid
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by sunrothyme: 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
Originality007:
where is Deji of Akure? grin grin grin
First from left
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by seanfer(m): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2019
Dpharisee:
grin grin grin his failure is now confirmed. This is a signal from the Kabiyesis that those who understand the language of the ancestors have been waiting for, Atiku will be jubilating now cheesy

Remember what happened to Jonathan after SW traditional rulers 'prayed' for him in 2015 grin

If you’re from the SW and you understand the culture, You will know that this act by the Oba’s is not a prayer for GEJ... In Yorubaland Oba will not point the stick at you that way when blessing you...But Hatred won’t let you think or reason like a normal person....

2 Likes

Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by Hardamz(m): 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
Blazebond:
I know that alaafin and olubadan will not be there ,those rulers never ever indulge themselves in things like these,they always try to be apolitical as much as possible.
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by Hardamz(m): 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
Blazebond:
I know that alaafin and olubadan will not be there ,those rulers never ever indulge themselves in things like these,they always try to be apolitical as much as possible.
If i wozz u, ALAAFIN NA APC KING JHUR. Supporting AJIMOBI/ADELABU Upandan.
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by amodu(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2019
I can see the Ọba of my town, Ayangbure of Ikorodu, beside the Awujale of Ìjẹ̀bú Land

1 Like

Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by TAO11(f): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

So you get the time to answer him? Even Alaafin Himself know that Ooni of Ife is the Highest because every Kings came from where he rules. Ife is the Original Home of all Yoruba kings and He rule their home thus making him the highest because there can never be two king at home only one. Some of these kings like Alaafin, Oba of Lagos, Owa of Obokun and Adimula of Ijesaland, etc some of them don't want to respect him because He is Young, Even Alaafin himself said it in a program where he should have pay homage to him that he wouldn't because he is too young not because he is not the highest but because he is too Young that's why most of them don't want to respect him. Stop Answering those Noisemakers all what they are interested in is to cause division in Yorubaland and he called himself true Yoruba Imagine

Thanks so much bro, I think he is just a noisemaker as you said. He only seeks division. I won't be surprised to find that he's in fact not a Yoruba person.

But regarding the examples you gave of Obas who don't like to respect the arole Oodua, I actually think the Owa Obokun Adimula of Ijeşa land does have tremendous respect for the Ooni even though he is older than him.

I watched a video of him visit the Ooni, and he conducted himself wonderfully well in the manner that is expected of him. He is actually reported to have hailed the Ooni as "an uncommonly revered monarch who all true sons and daughters of Yoruba extraction should hold in high esteem".

He also further stated that "Ile-Ife remains the ancestral home of the Ijesa people and the entire Yoruba race"

In fact, the Ooni has also once paid him a visit in his palace at Ileşa. There is obviously a very smooth relationship between these two monarchs.

Regarding his relationship with the Alaafin: Just like in the case of the Owa Obokun, I think he is not only in good terms with the Alaafin, but also held in a high esteem by the Alaafin due to the higher status his office commands.

It's just the public coming up with all sorts of unsolicited imaginary feud. What, for example, do you make of the picture below?

For the Eleko, that Oba obviously has got some issues with the Ooni considering how he embarrased himself and earned the disrespect of many at a public event.

His beef with the Ooni obviously stems from his loyalty to Benin (instead of Ife) because the first known Elekos were Binis (even though the landlords were Ifes -- primarily the family of Olofin Ogunfunminire) until Ologun-Kutere (the 6th Eleko) stopped it going forward till date.

But his mistake is that such loyalty should not necessarily result in a beef especially because Benin itself is loyal to Ife, as Ife is the home of its first Oba and present dynasty, as confirmed by Oba Ewuare II in a recent talk during his last homage visit to the Ooni in Ile-Ife in early 2018.

So, regardless of how; whether through the family of Olofin Ogunfunminire (i.e. the Aworis), or through the family of Ologun-Kutere (i.e. the Ijeşa Ekos), or through the present Yoruba dynasty in Benin (i.e. Oba Eweka Ile Ubini's dynasty which continues till date, since the time Oranmiyan scrapped the indigenous Ogiso dynasty of the native Igodomigodo people); the kingdom of the Eleko remains a sub or a sub-sub of the one at Ile-Ife, regardless of Oba Akiolu's age or whatever he personally thinks.

1 Like

Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by TAO11(f): 12:36am On Jan 12, 2019
amodu:
I can see the Ọba of my town, Ayangbure of Ikorodu, beside the Awujale of Ìjẹ̀bú Land

Yeah I see him too. Omo koodu-oga, omo eluku meden-meden, imale afele ja.

But that's not the Awajale oo. In fact the Awujale is not in any of these pictures here.

The Oba standing between the Ayangburen and the President is the Alake (Oba Adedotun Gbadebo).

1 Like

Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by TAO11(f): 12:44am On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=xclusive012 post=74670015][/quote]

wow! I lllllllove this. Tremendous humility here from the Alaafin.

With this, he earns my absolute and unalloyed respect forever.

Mo juba ori ade oo
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by Praktikals(m): 5:13am On Jan 12, 2019
olawooro:
Following the fall of Oyo as a result of incursion of Fulani jihadists into Yoruba land around 1830, many people from old Oyo moved south ward. Many Oyo people migrated to ile ife, they were living among the people of Ife. It was ooni that eventually gave them the settlement outside the wall of ife which is now modakeke. Around 1888 there was civil unrest between these Oyo people (modakeke) and ife . Ibadan/Oyo, being the kinsmen of modakeke people reach agreement with ife to resettle their people in the present day ode omu. That's why many families in ode omu have link to modakeke.
Agba ko nitan lorile o. Ese modupe.
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by Praktikals(m): 5:27am On Jan 12, 2019
omonnakoda:

Permanent chairman

This is a fiction . There is nothing like that.There is no such body

The other thing I should poin out to you is that before Nigeria "Yoruba" was a term used specifically to refer to Oyo people and their Ilu Oke relatives ONLY
Ekiti, Egba Ondo etc BELIEVED that LIFE started in Ife and every person came from there naturally they spoke what they believed to be DIFFERENT but related languages and thus had different tribal marks etc They did not call themselves "Yoruba"
Each time they fell under Oyo control that was ENSLAVEMENT and they sought INDEPENDENCE when they could.

If Oyo had problems they were happy, they never saw Oyo problems as their own naturally, unless they were under threat from others. The loss of Ilorin was good news to many of these nations
Often they ganged up against Oyo . So the idea of one overall Yoruba king is funny if you understand that these folk NEVER considered themsles to be YORUBA
That came with Nigeria. If you go to Benin republic and meet the Anago there you will understand better. They hardly call themmselve Yoruba

People were often called nago, Anago, Lucumi, Ekiti , Ijebu Egba Ijesha and so on and were all nation states that were fiercely independent and resentful of Oyo reign. They would never call themselves Yoruba. In fact the term has no meaning

Anyway that is just nitpicking . The reality is that Ife was never a signifcant political or military force among the Yoruba and did not collect tribute from Yoruba kings
I should clarify immunity

I mean immunity to attacks from those that would today be called Yoruba kings generally i.e those who trace their origin to Ife. Ife was quite a tiny enclave important for religion /ifa and spirituality . It had little economic,political or military relevance

There is nothing like superiority written anywhere rather for ANY of the major Yoruba kings it was superiority of the sword which for centturies was Alaafin.

Going from that the most recent most powerful military king was the Olubadan who probably would have taken over if the British had not arrived. The Olubadan was the one who pushed backed the Fulani attackers from Ilorin
There are many so called Yoruba that are indigenous predating Ife/Oyo or have other affiliations and do not subscribe to the Oduduwa dynasty e.g Olugbo, Oba of Lagos and even Ijebus as well as those riverine Yoruba with strong links to Ijaw

Much of what we see today is rewritten history for the purpose of Yoruba pllace in Nigeria
Sir,I salute your indept knowledge of history though i am not in a position to verify these claims. What I know is that as of today, Ooni is the permanent chairman of all Yoruba council of kings. If for instance all yoruba kings go to visit the president, he ll lead others there and take the seat next to the president. Thats protocol. Are you from Oyo sir grin?
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by olawooro: 6:52am On Jan 12, 2019
firstolalekan:
[s][/s] Rubbish Where did you find this rubbish?
Kid, I don't blame you.
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by Ayobami7(m): 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
hmmmm
Re: PMB Meets With Traditional Rulers From The SW. Pictures. by amodu(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
TAO11:

Yeah I see him too. Omo koodu-oga, omo eluku meden-meden, imale afele ja.

But that's not the Awajale oo. In fact the Awujale is not in any of these pictures here.

The Oba standing between the Ayangburen and the President is the Alake (Oba Adedotun Gbadebo).

Thank you Ọmọ orusen for the correction.

Wa gbé ye

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The President’s Men: Those Who Do The Legwork In Aso Rock / Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House / Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.