Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,612 members, 7,801,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football (33079 Views)

History: How Sunday Olisheh Kicked Out Vincent Enyeama From Super Eagles In 2015 / Vincent Enyeama Makes Africa’s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by naptu2: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
Vincent Enyeama: Nigeria keeper wants to play again

By Oluwashina Okeleji

Football Writer, Nigeria

Former Nigeria keeper and captain Vincent Enyeama is determined to carry on playing

Former Nigeria captain Vincent Enyeama is keen on a return to football almost two years after making his last competitive appearance for French club Lille.

The 36-year old last played for Lille in April 2017 and he was released by the 2011 French champions in August 2018.

"I have put the past behind me as I continue to train and hoping to make a positive return," Enyeama told BBC Sport, denying reports he was about to quit the game.

"I've received some offers in Israel and Turkey. But at this stage in life I want to make family a priority when I need to make a move, because they are very settled here in France.

"The way I play football is with a smile and I would love to do that knowing my family is happy and settled."

Despite his age and his time away from the game Enyeama says he his not ready to stop playing yet.

"Goalkeepers have a long lifespan in football and I believe I still have so much to offer," he insisted.

"I'd be the first to stop when I know I cannot give my best. I continue to train at home hoping for the best."

The former Enyimba goalkeeper joined Lille from Isreali side Hapoel Tel Aviv in June 2011 and made 164 appearances, but he and 10 other players were told to look for a new club by former boss Marcelo Bielsa at the start of the 2017/18 season.

"The way things ended at Lille was disappointing, it was sad to leave the club alongside others who gave everything; without the chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans," he added.

"You are recovering (from an injury) after giving so much to the club and suddenly everything ended like that, respectful football decisions are made - with a new manager and project on the table.

"I quite understand and respect that, yet it was not the kind of end you would want for a beautiful story but this is football.

"I always share positive energy every time I get a chance to see some of our fans, it is a good bond that will always live with me."

Enyeama, who played 101 times for the Super Eagles, helped the club to the 2016 French League cup final where they were edged by giants Paris St-Germain 2-1.

With 17 clean sheets from 35 league games in the 2013/14 season, he emerged as the first goalkeeper to be named French Ligue 1 African Player of the Season.

Enyeama made his international debut against Kenya in May 2002 in Lagos and during his international career he helped Nigeria win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, where he emerged as the tournament's best goalkeeper.

He played in five Nations Cup tournaments - in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2013 - and was part of the Nigeria squad at the 2002, 2010 and 2014 World Cup tournaments.

The former Maccabi Tel Aviv stopper, who won two African Champions League titles with Enyimba, retired from international football in October 2015.

Enyeama's honours:

Club success:

◾3 Nigerian league titles
◾2 Caf Champions League titles
◾1 Caf Super Cup
◾2 Israeli League titles
◾2 Israeli FA Cup

International success:

◾1 Nations Cup
◾3 Nations Cup third-place medals

Personal honours:

◾2004 Caf Champions League player of the year
◾2009 Israeli Footballer of the year
◾2013 French Ligue 1 player of the month for October and November
◾2014 French Ligue 1 African Player of the Season
◾3 Nigerian player of the year honours

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46836788

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Begino1: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
You mean he wants to keep again bah? Goodluck to him. Never say never.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Earthquake1: 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2019
Let him return to Enyimba

16 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by chloride6: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
Money don dey finish?

undecided

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by zeekeyboy: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
Owu na bastard

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by orion7: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
he should get lost

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by mknigeriagreat: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
Money don finish grin grin grin grin grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Giddymoney(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
Mr man, makeup your mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by BruncleZuma: 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
Owu sa gi...

23 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Justbeingreal(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
undecided

Hand don de cold....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by martineverest(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
money don Finish

13 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by gbad22: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2019
smiley wink winkIf he believes he can let him prove himself

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by SoftP(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2019
Result of financial mismanagement... grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by TheGameYard(m): 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2019
Can't he return home like Tevez?

5 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by AllenSpencer: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2019
zeekeyboy:
Owu na bastard

The account is going red

Amokachi do pass am

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by yarnme2(m): 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2019
What about for Nigeria, since Sunday Oliseh is not coaching again? You were one of our safe hands in Nigeria before you took that regrettable decision then. It's a good thing that you are back.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by josh005(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
BruncleZuma:
Owu sa gi...

I ga amara ihe ehh

6 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Vinstel: 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
Good luck to you Enyeama

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Cathyla: 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
Once upon a time when he was a perfect fit

9 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by slex(m): 5:04pm On Jan 11, 2019
Sorry, we won’t be needing him anymore. He left when he could have at least been with us and be stamped a living legend.

Let him return to lobi stars so that he can win another Caf CL with them.

3 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Wallade(m): 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
Not for Super Eagles
Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Stephendeals: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
I did not see anywhere in the report where he said he wants to return to Nigeria Super Eagles...

Walahi Most Bloggers will not make heaven followed by the fools who read only headlines before making comment....

Lazy Yoots indeed..

All the best Enyeama, One of the best players to grace the game of football for Nigeria....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by BruncleZuma: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2019
josh005:

I ga amara ihe ehh
Correct guy
Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:08pm On Jan 11, 2019
Ok. That's nice and all the best to him.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by marvin906(m): 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
injury killed he's career in France

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by kingzjay(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
How did this story even make FP?

He gave his best. He should rather retire and do something meaningful with the cash he acquired.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by enemyofprogress: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hunger baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by Bustincole(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
Na dis guy dey take us (Naija) play dat yr

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by enemyofprogress: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2019
Wallade:
Not for Super Eagles
eyimba fc of course
Re: Vincent Enyeama Wants To Play Again, Set To Return To Football by millionboi2: 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hunger

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

#lampardout: Fans React After Lampard Drew First Match As Chelsea Manger / Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year / Akin Alabi Spotted With Micheal Owen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.