Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True (30753 Views)

FFK: If The Allegation That MURIC Is Funded By ISWAP Is True, FG Should Do This / "The Second Wife Story Is True" - Reno Omokri Says / NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by OmniSparrow: 8:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Awani007:
Got dis msg today
Hi. How do I pay and where? My address is also wrong.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Rebec: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
CaptainStephen:
I haven't paid yet, haven't been chanced to do so.
Please what
Awani007:

Have u paid the 15k? If u have... it takes 0-3months for it to reflect.

Please what are the documents needed to go with the 15k and where am i to pay to?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Developrog(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2020
Awani007:
Got dis msg today

Finally.
Congratulations bro.
You picked it up already?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 12:20am On Feb 14, 2020
Developrog:

Finally.
Congratulations bro.
You picked it up already?

Yea, even b4 I got the text�
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Developrog(m): 12:54am On Feb 14, 2020
Awani007:

Yea, even b4 I got the text�

Lol.

How did you know it was ready?

Am I sure mine isn't ready also?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by davido05: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2020
Good morning house, please I need advice. My international passport have expired which I need to renew asap because of my immigrant visa interview but now am having issues with my DOB on NIN . How long does it takes and is there a fast track process ?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Lisaint(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2020
agabusta:

I am actually supporting the position of the OP. My comment got muddled up.

A lot of people have been complaining about same issue, and all of them can't be wrong.

Kindly note that NIMC obtained people's data from BVN. If you have BVN, NIMC already has your data and has issued NIN (National Identity Number) for you eventhough you may not have registered for the National ID. However, they dont disclose this. They still want people to come to them to regularize the data, it is after then, they will now release the NIN.

Those that are desperate to have the NIN for other purposes, had no option but to pay the 15k to NIMC for processing the DOB correction despite that the error may not be their fault and has already been corrected by the bank that registered them for BVN.

I concur to 3rd paragraph
If anyone is using GTB here
Try to walk into their bank and Print your BVN
You will see its already Having an NIN number

1 Like

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2020
Developrog:

Lol.

How did you know it was ready?

Am I sure mine isn't ready also?

I always went der o.... wen it was past 2months
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 9:24am On Feb 15, 2020
davido05:
Good morning house, please I need advice. My international passport have expired which I need to renew asap because of my immigrant visa interview but now am having issues with my DOB on NIN . How long does it takes and is there a fast track process ?

Legally 3months or more
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Developrog(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
Awani007:

I always went der o.... wen it was past 2months

OK cool.
I will go there by month end to check out then.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by GidiPrince: 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
hello
I have the same issue. how did it go. I sent a message.
Awani007:
Mennh!!! Dis issue is crazy I tried getting a fresh passport only for dem to tell me my date of birth is not correct on my nimc shit and I ve to pay N15k for it to be corrected... ve anybody been able to change their DOB on NIMC’s portal successfully and how?

1 Like

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 26, 2020
GidiPrince:
hello
I have the same issue. how did it go. I sent a message.
hy i am Alex & yes i have
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Ojiofor: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2020
Even after paying the official fee of 15k,they will not get the job done in the next 6 months unless you fellow it up with expensive bribe.
Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by braveheart77: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2020
Ojiofor:
Even after paying the official fee of 15k,they will not get the job done in the next 6 months unless you fellow it up with expensive bribe.
Talking from experience.

So i heard o...

So what's the point of paying the 15k

1 Like

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by braveheart77: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2020
Awani007:
Got dis msg today

Did u do an affidavit for this? And a police report
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Ojiofor: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2020
braveheart77:

So i heard o...

Exploitation
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
braveheart77:

Did u do an affidavit for this? And a police report

Nah
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
braveheart77:

So i heard o...

That 15k goes to the federal government
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by akanbiaa(m): 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
markmood:
The 15k charge for the DOB change is official. As a matter of fact, you pay via REMITA and present the slip at NIMC. The main issue is the NIMC has not figured a way of resolving the DOB since they started which I find very embarrassing. I am currently trying to sort this out as I can't renew my international passport without my DOB being corrected on their useless portal.
It is actually very bad as I was introduced to a lady who worked at NIMC, she told me she hoped my issue wasn't a DOB one. Imagine that? Why enforce this NI thing that doesn't have the capability for corrections of errors. Makes no sense at all.
Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? There has to be a way around this
Is it only NIMC DOB and names that must correspond with that of your passport to be renewed?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by akanbiaa(m): 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
davido05:
From experience it seems it's easier to effect correction changes in your passport (even though might be expensive) than to effect changes with NIMC(especially DOB) that is cheaper.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by braveheart77: 8:00am On Mar 07, 2020
akanbiaa:
From experience it seems it's easier to effect correction changes in your passport (even though might be expensive) than to effect changes with NIMC(especially DOB) that is cheaper.
u need nimc number for the passport. The details will be used
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by akanbiaa(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2020
braveheart77:
u need nimc number for the passport. The details will be used
Okay, what of state of origin and LGA what if there is discrepancy, seems they dont change that in NIMC, some mistakenly used State and LGA of residence instead of that or Origin, or is it only the names and date of birth data that will be used, you know like in bvn it is the correct order of names and date of birth data they extract from the nimc database.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2020
agabusta:

Go to the state office in Alausa. It shares same compound with Civil Defence state Hq just opp Shoprite at Alausa, Ikeja.

If you give them your BVN, they will use it to get your details for you.
Bro, I lost my NIN SLIP too and I also wanna change my middle name.
How I get started??
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 07, 2020
adekolaelect:
It is not true sir. I paid #535 to TSA before I could change my third name from NIMC office
How did you execute it bro??
I lost my NIN SLIP also wanna update my middle name
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by agabusta: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
agabusta:

Go to the state office in Alausa. It shares same compound with Civil Defence state Hq just opp Shoprite at Alausa, Ikeja.

If you give them your BVN, they will use it to get your details for you.

Oregbe17:

Bro, I lost my NIN SLIP too and I also wanna change my middle name.
How I get started??

If you happen to be in Lagos, just go to the state office as advised above, they will give you all the information you need.

If you are not in Lagos, try and locate the NIMC state office of wherever you are from their website.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by rinw: 5:09pm On May 03, 2020
Will NIMC resume on 4th of May?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 31, 2020
Awani007:
Got dis msg today
pls which documentation was required aside the 15k payment and how long did it take to effect?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 12:42am On Jun 01, 2020
Kingsbridge:
pls which documentation was required aside the 15k payment and how long did it take to effect?
I can’t remember all but I think I put it on this thread...

Birth certificate
Waec result/ testimonial can’t remember again.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 01, 2020
Awani007:
I can’t remember all but I think I put it on this thread...

Birth certificate
Waec result/ testimonial can’t remember again.
no u didn't, is it original weac result, primary testimonial?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kingsbridge:
Yea secondary school testimonial
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Awani007(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kingsbridge:
Yea secondary school testimonial... pls those dat went for theirs recently... pls update the docs to be presented

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adegboruwa: New Police Dress Code Is Illegal And Should Be Reversed / Video Of Bola Tinubu On A Workout Bicycle / Goodluck Jonathan And Wife, Patience Spotted At Port Harcourt Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.