Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access (10413 Views)

Whatsapp To Roll Out 3 New Layers Of Security To Wrap Up Messages In New Feature / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by TheBoy1740: 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Offpoint:
There's no way my wife or girlfriend enabling that feature. The day you enable it, that we end everything we had.

You'll simply add your fingerprint, coz lots of friends can just take a person's phone and start going thru their WhatsApp. Imagine. undecided
Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
firstolalekan:
grin

Story!

I go still hack am to spy on my girlfriend's chat activities.

If na to cut finger, I go do am grin

CORRECT
Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
But the feature is already present on my Camon 11 Pro.
Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by vighnesh: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
This feature is available in YoWhatsapp from a year or more. Official WhatsApp may come soon with Fingerprint Security. But, if you don't have too much concern about privacy, enjoy this feature with yowhatsapp and delta whatsapp https://memudownload.com/delta-gb-whatsapp-apk/ it's recommended
Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
Fingerprint security is finally coming to Whatsapp which means – no more snooping around on other people’s chats when the app isn’t open.
WhatsApp has been working round the clock to ensure you get the best out of it this year and while we expect to see lots of update in the future including the ads, the fingerprint security is almost here .

Whatsapp To Add Fingerprint Security

According to the WhatsApp beta update for Android, the company is said to be working on a new authentication feature which isn’t available globally yet as the feature is currently under development.

Once the Fingerprint feature is enabled , the app will be completely protected, so the you will need to authenticate your identity in order to open WhatsApp (from the app icon, from the notification or from external pickers).

It will protect the entire app, meaning you can’t use it to lock specific conversations for now.The company is also rumored to be working on implementing Face ID and Touch ID for iOS. There will be a section in the app where users can enable the fingerprint authentication feature.

Availability

This feature is in an alpha stage of development and it will be available in a few weeks for Android users Marshmallow and above, and iOS users.

WhatsApp Audio Picker

WhatsApp is also working to improve the audio picker that will allow users to see the list of all available audio files stored in your phone. The user will be able to play the audio before sending it, and it is also possible to select more audio files to send!

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/whatsapp-to-add-fingerprint-security.html
Good job
Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
Vicboi1:
We have been using this features on GB what'sapp mostly the anti delete messages and anti delete status so many features in GB what'sapp
I enjoy the anti delete messages because my friends can't delete messages send to me by mistake
Re: Whatsapp Planning To Add Fingerprint Security To Prevent Unwarranted Access by Vicboi1(m): 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
asuustrike1:

I enjoy the anti delete messages because my friends can't delete messages send to me by mistake
Me too bro i remember when a girl sent her..... And deleted it i behaved like it was deleted but she doesn't know that i have seen it till now she isn't aware

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your NTEL Number? / Lagos, Ogun, Kano Account For 27% Of Nigeria’s Mobile Subscriptions — NBS / The Face Of The Guy Using My Stolen Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.