Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery (24198 Views)

Lagos Mob Burns 30 Okadas, Beats Motorcyclist For Killing Pedestrian / Delivery Man Remanded Over Stolen Bike In Lagos Dies In Prison / 2 Yahoo Boys Fight Over Stolen Clients In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by HumphreyGspot(m): 1:57am On Jan 12, 2019
Gist From HgsMediaPlus

A 45 - year- old man , Yusuf Ibrahim, has lost his life in jungle justice after a mob lynched him over a car battery allegedly stolen at Nato Park , Tin Can Island, Apapa , Lagos .

It was later discovered that the battery was found with one Yusuf Yahaya , who works around Tin Can First Gate – some distance from the park.

Our correspondent learnt that the incident happened on Monday, January 7 , 2019, around 7. 30 am .

The victim was said to be one of the destitute people who sometimes passed the night on the premises, where trucks are parked .

It was gathered that when one of the truck drivers resumed duty that morning , he discovered that the battery of his vehicle was missing .

He raised the alarm and a search party was formed to fish out the perpetrator .

A commercial motorcyclist ( popularly known as okada rider ) in the area , who identified himself only as Salisu, told reported that some drivers suspected Ibrahim and accosted him .

He said , “I was on my motorcycle , coming from Liverpool , Apapa that morning when I saw a crowd at the park. I moved closer and saw a man ( Ibrahim) covered in blood . He had been beaten to a pulp. I asked people what happened and they told me he stole the battery of a truck .

“ The man had lost his strength and he was almost dead . Passersby were afraid to take him to a hospital . I later left the scene for fear of being implicated . ”

Salisu said about 30 minutes later , he went back to the scene and was told that some policemen had come to remove Ibrahim’ s corpse.

He said sadness overwhelmed him when he learnt that the battery was found with somebody else.
“ It was discovered that the battery was actually stolen by a young man called Yahaya. I learnt he worked around Tin Can First Gate ,” the
okada rider added .

Another eyewitness , who identified himself as Danladi , said entreaties by some people to stop the mob from lynching Ibrahim were rebuffed.

He said the mob dispersed the scene upon noticing that the victim was dying , adding that some suspects had been arrested by the police .

Continue Reading: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/mob-beats-wrong-person-to-death-over.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 12, 2019
undecided

Complete the story here

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Zuorom: 4:46am On Jan 12, 2019
Jungle justice is bad

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Hector09(m): 5:04am On Jan 12, 2019
What a way to die, may God ve mercy

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Factfinder1(m): 10:13am On Jan 12, 2019
May God not all us be victims of misidentity...talking about being in the wrong place at the wrong time

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Ibcrown(m): 10:13am On Jan 12, 2019
Impatience
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Pulsenaija: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2019
Learn how to invest k check my signature
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2019
Gather all the mob together and burn them to death.
Animals.
What insolence!!

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by PointZerom: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2019
Their incoming LUNATIC governor from Gbagada general hospital will have a lot of work to do No thanks to Tifnubu the smelling mouth criminal.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2019
How them wan do the real thief now?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by slawomir: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2019
Isoright
Injustice

This is the main cause of boko haram
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2019
Reason I am always against mob action. You don't know whose turn next.

No matter how bad the police have become, do your bit, hand over the suspect to them.

They just killed an innocent man. Could have been anybody.

Not even for something tangible. A battery of 20k. If they must, three slaps would have been okay. What is life worth in Nigeria.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by goldenarrow: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2019
May God save us from ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Vinstel: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2019
I hope Xisnin, RTSC, oyetboy and all those already condemning R Kelly without giving him a fair hearing will learn something from this story

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Dshocker(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2019
This is what you get from a third world country developing nation...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2019
People are just transferring their aggression to any suspected criminal. Miserable mobs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by aishapmbtoto: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2019
R I P
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by zombieTRACKER: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2019
Say no to jungle justice

Only Tinubu and thieving politicians deserves this kinda treatment
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by neonly: 10:18am On Jan 12, 2019
Hmmmmm so sad Gud Pls protect us from untimely death

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Muscomide: 10:18am On Jan 12, 2019
Zoological Republic of Nigeria. Jungle justice for inhabitants of jungle.
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Tamarapetty(f): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2019
Smh, stupid people

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by damolapigin31(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2019
Hector09:
What a way to die, may God ve mercy
what a way to die my brother,this is heartbroken
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by TONYE001(m): 10:20am On Jan 12, 2019
Where are those in support of jungle justice? Imagine this. An innocent man gone just like that.

This is just too sad!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by SAMBARRY: 10:21am On Jan 12, 2019
Smh.the popular prayers our mothers pray when we're always leaving the house thinking they're wasting our time comes to mind

Their prayers are always onirin niojo tebibanpa ona,oni kosowo,wonisiemu loruko jesu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Governordeb: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2019
Transferred aggresson at work here. Say NO to jungle justice.
RIP Mr Innocent
Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2019
Stupid people, you won't do jungle justice to those politicians milking you dry, it's someone that stole car battery they're flexing their muscle on. I don't know how we got here in this kwantry, may God help us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by RipMorosini: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2019
cry
Welcome to Nigeria.
The country with most animals on planet earth.
Actually; Human Animals are just about 75% of the total population of Nigeria.

Useless entity!
Shithole!!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by Jayslicky: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2019
Anyone who has ever been involved in jungle justice, will die a pathetic death this year. So shall it be.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Mob Beats Wrong Person To Death Over Stolen Battery by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2019
Those people has to be fished out

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Miagu Village In Jos, Kill 3 Villagers (Graphic) / Egypt, Ethiopian Airlines Running Drug Cartels In Nigeria, Says Dabiri-erewa / 51-Year-Old Landlord Flogs A Married Woman 50 Times With Belt In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.