Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why Nigerians Abroad Don't Throw Parties. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Abroad Don't Throw Parties. (1001 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Abroad Don't Throw Parties. by Speedyconnect15: 7:28am On Jan 12, 2019

As long as Africans continue to get free money they will never stop being wasteful. How many times have we seen An American, Briton, German, Canadian, French or an Australian throw meaninglessly large parties. I read where someone said 200 hundred people at a party is considered a crowd in England.

As a Yoruba man I've never seen a Nigerian living and working in the UK come back to Nigeria and spend wastefully, they hardly buy you soft drinks or soda for seeing you in a long while.

My late landlord was a rich man who lived the better part of his life and worked in UK and according to his protégé, he will never give you a dime for just asking without having a reasonably substantial reason for your demand, in fact your demand for his help must generate more than he will give for him to even consider your request.

He was an accountant with Shell petroleum company, he had worked with several Nigerian firms and firms in the UK as a chartered accountant, he earned his money legitimately, he will never throw a party like your average Yoruba man yet, his was wealthy till his death and has properties to show for it.

There is this man I used to work for and he travels to Canada, US and UK frequently so, one day we got talking in his office and I asked him why not relocate to one of those countries his reply....... "are you kidding me, no be money full ground for Nigeria so, my friends in the US work three jobs to make half the kind of money I make here so I can never trade Nigeria for those countries o" I have and will never forget those words.

In Europe and US people don't get to cut corners to become rich, they pay for everything that's why they don't throw stupid parties about like a society cursed to remain wasteful.

Today I saw people throw a party in a spaceless General Hospital maternity ward compound in Lagos Island, I was shocked. Party in an hospital premises?
Why do people afford these parties easily, because the monies they spend at putting this silliness together were all ill gotten through some bogus government contract or through some fraudulent means.

How can a person who works to earn his wages use it for parties with more than a thousand guests? Tomorrow you'll say Oyibo man stingy, na u wey nor get sense.

COPIED FROM FACEBOOK

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Don't Throw Parties. by Speedyconnect15: 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
Is this true
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Don't Throw Parties. by Originalsly: 5:18am On Jan 13, 2019
It is true.

Easy come easy go.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawyer Celebrates Potholes That Keeps Expanding With Soft Drink (Pix) / My Intended Travling Plans / Travelling To Spain,nigerians In Spain Pls Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.