Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos (614 Views)

At Least 3 Dead In Snowy Pileup Of Dozens Of Vehicles In Pennsylvania, Usa(Pics) / President Ghani Fled Afghanistan With 4 Vehicles, Helicopter Full Of U.S. Dollar / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos by apostlesandewa(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2019
I put this here since this is the first area anyone coming into Nigeria will likely experience and I will appreciate anyone who has experienced this to also share their experiences:

I was driving in from Oshodi and after the Tanker park I got a message to verify a package I had just collected and since I couldn't type and drive, I pulled over to the shoulder of the road actually untarred. I had not even put off the engine when these blue uniformed men with bloodshot eyes surrounded my vehicle and hindered the tyres...

I asked what my offense was and they said illegal parking, I said but there is no sign indicating that as I was far from the airport, they could not give an answer, they just insisted I was parking illegally and had to pay 10,500 naira. I was caught unawares and as I continually demanded to know what was going on, another man who was going to pick someone at the airport had stopped just to receive a phone call since one couldn't drive and call... They had immediately surrounded him too engaging their towing mechanisms... The man was surprised and enquired what his offense was, they started abusing him and since he wasn't alluding to their demands, they quickly started to tow his vehicle.

Back to me, I agreed to pay 5000 as I was in a hurry and they said the closest ATM was at the Arrivals terminal, as we walked, I demanded to know where their office was and the man flared up that I was trying to be smart and they didn't want my money anymore, we must go to their office as I tried to talk to him, his colleagues shoved me and drove down to their office... I had to pay 5500 naira before I could leave without any listening or redress. I met quite a number of people there cursing and lamenting as well.

I decided to send a mail to FAAN and the ticketing agency but the email address on the ticket does not even work. Their small office is just opposite the Accident Investigation Bureau.

Has anyone been a victim of such, please share your experiences.

Please mods, front page as this is an embarrassment to this country

Re: Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos by madridguy(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2019
Those FAAN boys are nothing but tout. I have witness this many times while working around training school bus stop MM1.

Bros, you even parked, I've seen many people driving but very slow trying to ask for address and FAAN tout still towed them.

Let me share a funny and unforgettable story.

A Saturday like this, a man parked his car, trying to call someone to know if the person is at the airport. This man wore complete white cloth including his shoe with bead over his neck. After making the call the man enter back his car and trying to start the car but couldn't " maybe battery issue or so ".

The man was struggling to start the car when FAAN boys arrived, at first the man was happy thinking those boys are there to help him probably push the car. Before the man know whatsup those guys are already putting chain on the man's car waiting for their vehicle to toy the car.

The innocent man was like, I don't have money for tow vehicle help me if you want to, a passerby just told the man in yoruba language " Baba dey want to toy your vehicle since their vehicle coming " Na so this man eyes open, he demanded explanation those boys did not answer him.

This man sparked and started shouting boasting he will kill them all with juju. At first we thought this man is making mouth, the man said inside his booth na juju dey there, he prepared it for someone traveling and there's reason he's delivering at the airport so the person can travel with it.

Those FAAN boys did not listen, immediately the man enter his vehicle open his car booth, boys see wetin dey booth come see race. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos by apostlesandewa(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2019
madridguy:

This man sparked and started shouting boasting he will kill them all with juju. At first we thought this man is making mouth, the man said inside his booth na juju dey there, he prepared it for someone traveling and there's reason he's delivering at the airport so the person can travel with it.

Those FAAN boys did not listen, immediately the man enter his vehicle open his car booth, boys see wetin dey booth come see race. grin grin

Ha ha ha ha ha... It's funny but these things are plain embarrassing especially for first timers around... I didn't even think that because I was actually a bit far from the airport, a bus driver hinted me but I didn't even understand because we were far.. He said it isn't even about right/wrong just extortion
Re: Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos by madridguy(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2019
Those boys are something else.

apostlesandewa:

Ha ha ha ha ha... It's funny but these things are plain embarrassing especially for first timers around... I didn't even think that because I was actually a bit far from the airport, a bus driver hinted me but I didn't even understand because we were far.. He said it isn't even about right/wrong just extortion
Re: Illegal Towing Of Vehicles Along The Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos by Femeto: 10:36pm On May 27, 2021
Those rogues working for Turas just collected money from me.

(1) (Reply)

Obama & Clinton Blasted Over Their Tweets On Sri-lanka Church Bombings / Sometimes I Ask This Question,why Was This Man Killed? Read And Get The Story. / Afghanistan's First Female Mayor: I Am Waiting For Taliban To Come And Kill Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.