Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (44485 Views)

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by pyrex23(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
frankman365:
You don't need any experience to know that you shouldn't marry without their consent - my humble opinion.

After God, next is your parents!
Children not parents
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by ImaIma1(f): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
LynnnCHI:

I understand your point but we can only say this because we are not in her shoes.As a person myself I love the idea of having more male children than female.I love the idea of having many boys.....It's a mental thing,like they are there to also protect....that's just me.

I understand that it's freaky,but it can be well managed.The control comes partly because the son no longer is accessible to her.Constant visiting with the kids and family will go a long way to address the issues little by little.For me I don't think I will have issues with a needy MIL.Na me sef go dey ask am say make him go see him mama Everytime.

Believe me...it will be an issue when it keeps happening. A friend of mine always had her mum inlaw visiting and spending like a month... getting in between husband and wife.

And such times, the couple used to fight a lot. Right now, the mum inlaw is to keep her distance to allow the couple bond. Even the wife's mum hardly visits. Mum's should learn to stay away.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by LadySarah: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2019
My mums only bro came after 5 of them girls.Everybody wanted to have a say of his choice of a wife.he brought his love home an ogoja woman from cross river state and my grandma refused.For yrs he pleaded even when there was a preg scare they didn't budge.She would curse with her flat breasts that he suckled .
Her crime-not Igbo.

Last last,she later brought her choice,a week before his traditional wedding he died.His trad date was used for his burial.He was 35yrs and had been ready to marry the non Igbo woman for 9 yrs but for my grandma.

They later travelled to Lagos to meet the lady and enquire whether she actually had a child for him but nothing.
No son ,no grandchild.

Who she gon blame?What does the Igbo woman have that the cross riverian didn't have.She bitterly regrets it today and hasn't recovered since 2012 from it.

If she/he is worth it ,go for it.Life is too short for another creature to make yours filled with regret.
If they quote Eph 6 vs 1,quote verse 2 for them.

27 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Femeto: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
loffyloffy:
It is not ideal, but it sometimes happens

I am lucky in that my parents agreed with my wedding arrangement..but the truth of the matter is, if they have refused , I would still have gone ahead and married my wife, as long as she is still willing to marry me..Parents will be sorted out later.

When you meet a woman that you genuinely love and she loves you back the same., parents cannot be a barrier.

Easier said than done.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

Believe me...it will be an issue when it keeps happening. A friend of mine always had her mum inlaw visiting and spending like a month... getting in between husband and wife.

And such times, the couple used to fight a lot. Right now, the mum inlaw is to keep her distance to allow the couple bond. Even the wife's mum hardly visits. Mum's should learn to stay away.

Ok.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by ovanda(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
I am currently facing the same issues with my family but I will stand my ground. My mum is just making trouble for everybody. Because the girl I intend to marry is not serving her like a slave, she doesn't qualify to be married. she's gotten away with behaviour such as this for far too long but in my tenure, she go learn lessons. I don't care if I am isolated from my family after all they don't feed me. it should be noted that I have dated this girl for 10yr now and somebody is telling rubbish because her papa no be dangote abi? na me and them, make we see as e go be. And for people who are saying God forbid they marry without their parents consent are nothing but over pampered kids!!

22 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Alum34(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
OP follow your heart, but remember your parents are gods sent by God to guard your steps. There are two sides to a coin.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
LynnnCHI:

I understand your point but we can only say this because we are not in her shoes.As a person myself I love the idea of having more male children than female.I love the idea of having many boys.....It's a mental thing,like they are there to also protect....that's just me.

I understand that it's freaky,but it can be well managed.The control comes partly because the son no longer is accessible to her.Constant visiting with the kids and family will go a long way to address the issues little by little.For me I don't think I will have issues with a needy MIL.Na me sef go dey ask am say make him go see him mama Everytime.
Nope, the control has been there all along. She just don't want to share.
When he don't have secrets, always doing to her bidding.
See, this control started when he was young. Mothers see it as their right, sometimes relegating the dad to the background.
That you gave birth and trained your child is your complete obligation. As long as you chose to give birth, u should take responsibility for the outcome. It's not a privilege.
You didn't do your son any favour so no emotional blackmail there. The mum should reach out to her son's wife. It's not always wife that should do the reaching out.
Nothing spectacular about being a mum. Mad women have children too.

The moment our men stand up to their mum and be bold enough to say will make my own decision about marriage no matter the outcome, the better for everybody.

This control start when a mother think that her marital life revolves around her son. That her son is the reason she is living or enduring her marriage, so the boy automatically becomes her asset.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2019
sassysure:

Nope, the control has been there all along. She just don't want to share.
When he don't have secrets, always doing to her bidding.
See, this control started when he was young. Mothers see it as their right, sometimes relegating the dad to the background.
That you gave birth and trained your child is your complete obligation. As long as you chose to give birth, u should take responsibility for the outcome. It's not a privilege.
You didn't do your son any favour so no emotional blackmail there. The mum should reach out to her son's wife. It's not always wife that should do the reaching out.
Nothing spectacular about being a mum. Mad women have children too.

The moment our men stand up to their mum and be bold enough to say will make my own decision about marriage no matter the outcome, the better for everybody.

This control start when a mother think that her marital life revolves around her son. That her son is the reason she is living or enduring her marriage, so the boy automatically becomes her asset.

Well,in all caution should be exercised.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
zicoraads:
I would really love those who have experience with this to post, but as it is, I think most people would still come here and say they'll never do it. If I meet someone I really truly love and my parents are against it, I'm afraid I will go right ahead with it.

When I see guys who have left the girl they were dating because of parental refusal to give consent, I often consider them to be weak. Or they never truly loved the lady in the first place.
Have u watched "desperate house wives" I think season 7, where Porter brought a Russian lady home and his mother objected? Wat exactly wr the reasons she objected? Experience makes u see most ppl tru. Our parents have that experience. However, some ladies na baba for pretence and some of our parents have flimsy reasons, while others parents have sinister reasons (I have seen that o and it shocked me to smithereens). So we shld be able to tell wat exactly are our parents' reasons for objecting to our choice of spouse.
Lastly, Jehovah is th originator of family, so he wants us all to have a happy family and he has provided in his word, the bible the formula for choosing our mates.
All those of una wey dey talk of vision, on top all the visions wey pastors dey see upandan, shebi divorce yakata for ground for naija?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Baoo4eva(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
I will like to share my experience.
My mom wanted me to marry a different lady who I had always seen as part of our family. My mom was citing God prophesy as reason.
She dey fight all ladies she saw with me.
But I didn't just like the girl enough to marry her.
So I went to NYSC in 2014 and met this lady. My mom refused like die, even went ahead to meet the other ladies parents that as long as she is my mother , I won't marry another person.
As God will have it, the new lady FELL PREGNANT and I took responsibility.
We fixed a date for the marriage but my mom refused to accept.
I already planned going ahead with the marriage without her and invited someone else to stand as mother for me.
But my sisters and her pastors told her that if she doesn't attend the wedding, she should forget she has children.
So she came on the Friday before the wedding.
We have a beautiful baby girl and now, my mom is all over my daughter.
She and my wife get fairly well along but she doesn't speak to my in-laws.
As for me, I am almost 3years married and it's looking like we are still date, I am enjoying every second of it.
Bottom line, it's your marriage, if you love each other , go for him/ her.

20 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by TEYA: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2019
clemmonce:
I understand a little bit about being at a cross road. I have never been married I am single but I have been around people who got married without their parents consent , some were lucky the parents later forgave their son and accepted the girl , some it turned bad.. It caused enemity between the man and his parents and that is bad ... This story is about a Bros I know, his parent were against him marrying a girl because of their blood group AS and AS but the guy went ahead... On the wedding day no body from the groom side came to the wedding after so many years of begging for his parents forgiveness they forgave him and things are okay now. But it is risky. I don't know the reason your mum gave. You should have friends you trust their judgement or elderly ones not necessarily family tell them the full story hear what they have to say ( before going to anyone for advice make sure you look at their life and make sure they are living a life worth emulating, don't go people that have a messed up life , what do you expect from people like that) sometimes love blinds our sense of reasoning. I would have loved you to share in details what attitude your mum saw that made her say No to your fiancé..... Our parents are the only people that loves us unconditionally so when they No to something they are probably seeing a danger.... But sometimes they might be wrong in their judgement of things....
Their children nko? Shay sickler no dey?
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2019
LynnnCHI:

Well,in all caution should be exercised.

Can you see that ur first comment i qouted was emotional outburst like most of the comments here?

And that is what most men use instead of brain.
Take care kiss

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
alexistaiwo:
It depends on the kind of person you are.

If you are a mummy's boy, e don be for you be that.

My own parents can never object to any marriage proposal of mine because they know that getting them involved is just a formality.
I will go ahead and do what's on my mind like I have always done since childhood.
If it backfires, well, we learn everyday.
Thanks for this. We learn everyday

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2019
ovanda:
I am currently facing the same issues with my family but I will stand my ground. My mum is just making trouble for everybody. Because the girl I intend to marry is not serving her like a slave, she doesn't qualify to be married. she's gotten away with behaviour such as this for far too long but in my tenure, she go learn lessons. I don't care if I am isolated from my family after all they don't feed me. it should be noted that I have dated this girl for 10yr now and somebody is telling rubbish because her papa no be dangote abi? na me and them, make we see as e go be. And for people who are saying God forbid they marry without their parents consent are nothing but over pampered kids!!
Guy exactly na so my own be o! But I know who my babe be. I do my marriage I no send dem. If u se the kind things wey I don achieve becos of this my wife ehn. Happiness yakata, savings make sense, common sense full ground, peace dey overflow. As in ehn. I don dey do my will sef to give my wife maximum protection. Dem don dey call me dey beg me tire for visit but me I cannor fit shout o. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am striving to be same to her.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2019
pyrex23:

Children not parents
lol actually, after God, when married, next is your spouse because you have become one
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by MurphyInc(m): 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2019
Dear OP,

Thanks for opening this thread.Personally, my marriage (not wedded though) is going through cios because I did not listen to my mothers advice not to marry a lady from Ondo, single mother and a Christian (I was a Muslim).its so sad some people are derailing from the OP purpose of creating this thread.

I met this lady in Lagos when she was still single and studying at a university in Lagos.i fell in love with her at first site cos she was outspoken, friendly, tall and very beautiful.

Though she told me she had a boyfriend and not intended to double date.I didn't believe her and I wasn't ready to back down because i was blindedly in love with her.

Even though she was dating this guy (I later met him) we were seeing each other (without sex at first) and something terrible happened to her, this guy decided to put her hand in marriage but later dumped her as she got pregnant.

She felt so bad, she cried everyday and night.i felt really bad but because of the love I have for her i never left her, instead I stayed by her side and her mothers (her father is late) till she delivered.

When I told my mother (my dad is late at that time) about her, she refused her immediately I mentioned that she's a Christian and from ondo town.She said I will never marry a Christian,after one and ondo girli.I felt really bad cos i love this girl with all my heart and I was ready to be with her no matter what.

To cut the long story short, I decided to marry her to

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:
Married against my mother's wish. She never liked my wife when she was babe then in school, simply because she says I give her attention too much more than i give to her.

Fast forward to after 8years of dating her, mum complained about how can i be stuck with one girl when guys where frolicking about.

After Nysc i started planning marriage, mum actually arranged her friends daughter for me, she was hot, but me i overlooked her because I was hell bent on been opposite of what my father was.

3 years ago i married my wife, mum only came for the traditional. She gave me plenty condition for my white and i was like why will my own mum want to sabotage my life simply bcoz of jealosy. Because of her I didn't do white wedding. I went to the registry and married my wife.

Today I have 2 kids and my wife is my back bone, mum still detest her and is pretending, I have made it clear to her you can't love me, love the kids she gave you and dislike her.

Recently she went as far as smearing my wife's image To my younger brothers who are not in Nigeria, I wonder what she wants to gain. So am paying her back with no access to me at all. Until she retraces her step.

If u notice I didn't talk about my dad, he is alive, his an old arse hole for university of Ibadan females both students and hostel female staff, he can gift u a car just to lay u.

Mum is just a control freak. She has lived her marital life yet wants to live another through me, but kole work ooo

Chuck knuckles bro. U dope
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2019
agaliboy:
I deeply regretted my decision. That's why I am a divorcee now. My Dad is late but my mum saw through my ex-wife's pretenses, but i was too much in love to listen to her warnings. My ex was from a broken home and I married her as an Unemployed person.

I started seeing the things I didn't even notice during courtship just one month into our marriage. Maybe because we had a long-distance courtship. She was very egoistic, full of malice and never listens to any kind of good advice. We both had strong personalities and I couldn't bear to report her to anybody for the shame of being reminded that I was warned before I married her.

The final straw was when I discovered all the lies and contact she still having with an ex she knew before she met me. She was visiting him behind my back and even collected money from her when she needed some balance to buy a car after I had already given her some money. She lied that it was her brother that gave her the money. The truth came out when her brother came back from the U.K and unknowingly revealed the truth. I got to find out they've had romantic outings together whenever I was out to work.

A quick advise to younger guys: LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHERS. THEY SEE BEHIND THE 'CURTAINS' WHEN IT COMES TO FELLOW WOMEN.
Guy, the simple reason u are a divorcee today is because of ur long distance relationship which caused u not to see the obvious. Except u at suggesting that ur mom knew all these facts (as in based on spiro tinz) and still refused telling u. U wld have seen wat ur mom saw, if u had not done watsapp relationship. Pretense is not hard to see for me sha, provided I pay enof attention to possible red flags.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

Your bro's issue is not necessarily parental consent. Your bro saw these things too but still decided to go ahead for whatever reason. There are some things that we don't even need our parents to tell us. We should know.

The story still falls under parental nonconsent marriage.

My brother allow emotions becloud his sense of reasoning and judgment

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by idu1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
Truckpusher:
One reason why your parents are still trying to dictate to you is because you’ve not proven to them that you can protect yourself.
You still dey Nairaland?

E don tey wey I see you last.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
DrOBD:
@Olumyde. This topic will always be a controversial one. I strongly believe in parental blessing. However, not all parents mean well for their children, vice versa, otherwise parents wouldn't sell their kids for money or children use their parents for rituals. Some people are damn wicked even to their family members. In such a case, should the lady/guy wait for ever?

I will tell you two true life stories. Firstly, my parents, and then a close family friend's parents.

My grandparents didn't want my mom to marry my dad for reasons best known to them. My mom went ahead without their blessing of any member of her family. She knew she loved the man and that was enough. They tried everything humanly possible to separate them to no avail, they even cursed/abused her (note that they are from same tribe, different village). For over 5 to 10 years, my dad did not step into his in laws house. I wouldn't want to go into so much details. That union is blessed with 3 men and 1 woman, we are all above 30 years and prospering to the glory of God. My dad became the best in law of my maternal grandparents before their demise and the whole family is together and prospering. My mom still says her life would have been miserable if she didn't marry my dad. I wouldn't be typing this today if she wasn't strong willed. They later accepted the bride price several years after they married officially (not cohabiting).

Second story is even more interesting.

Oya say it na. Why keeping us in suspense? If have, just mention me abeg grin. Make I hear correct gist.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by clemmonce(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
TEYA:

Their children nko? Shay sickler no dey?
o boy they do before birth abortion ... They will check the child's genotype before the baby is born...
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by SUXXI(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2019
Marriage is union of two families and as such parental consent is important.In some cases,you have to follow your heart even if parent(s) do not agree.This happened to my younger brother who was about to marry.My dad was totally against it even though my mum was in support.He came with his sisters and children and they beat us all up that my brother can and will never marry the girl.How can his son marry her without seeing the colour of her panties?How can he marry the said girl without him (my younger brother) first having sex with his wife to be.That he is suppose to carry enough girls,make like 5 girls pregnant before my dad will select the one he is to marry.My dad's sister on the other hand said this thing can never get pregnant.That over her dead body will my brother marry her.She even went to threaten the girls family.My mum believe in abstinence before marriage while my dad believes in getting the wife/numerous girls to be pregnant before marriage.After we all collecting beating from my dads sister and her children.We decided to continue with the marriage without his consent.My dad is a hardcore womanizer so we his children that do not carry women was a big disgrace to him.Today my brother is happily married with 3 wonderful kids.My mum encouraged all of us to keep ourselves until we marry.I am happily married with a kid.

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DavidEsq(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2019
DrOBD:

SECOND TRUE LIFE STORY.

Let me first state that the success of every marriage or home has nothing to do with parental consent. It strictly depends on both couple. Otherwise we wouldn't have high rates of divorce today. If a marriage won't last or if there would be an adverse event, it would happen anyway, whether there is parental blessing or not. I can prove it. Again, if it is possible to get the blessings of your parents, please do as this will promote family bonding and unity. However, if it is not possible and you are convinced, damn the consequences (which is largely social) and marry the person you love. Your parents have lived 2/3 of their lives, you are perhaps close to 1/3.

Now to the real life event.....
My friend's parents married without parental consent and they are doing extremely well, one of the most successful families I know. The major issue was tribal. The man was Yoruba while the woman Igbo. The man's parents refused stating all sort of reasons, they first attributed it to God, then they said they visited some prophets and then later said the marriage will not be blessed with children. The guy insisted, and married the girl. The girl's parents also didn't agree. They said she was their only daughter and they wouldn't want her to go into a family that don't appreciate her. Her father was very bitter. They both sat down and decided to go ahead almost with no consent from both sides (little support from the woman's side). When the man's parents found out, they disowned him (maybe not officially, they said they don't want to ever see him again). A lot happened within the period.

The man is a top engineer, the woman a big business woman, they are both close to 70 years and their children are doing well (some are abroad as doctors, engineers and lawyer). Both families eventually reconciled and are in good terms till date. When the man's father was sick, it was my friend's mother that took care of him till he passed on. She became his favourite and he was always praying for her and her children.

My dearest friends, look before you leap. If there is an obvious reason, for instance you went to school up to PhD and you bring home a school cert, your parents may not agree based on that, or perhaps you bring home a known criminal that will endanger you your life, if I were your parent, I won't support it. In the absence of any genuine reason, forget the talk about "what I am seeing". Nobody can see for you, only God can. Pray to him and let him direct your steps. If you are good and meet a good partner, your marriage will blossom with prosperity.
Awwwwww! This wan sweet die o. Abeg come chop banga soup with starch grin. Just being chilled gulder come sha

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
bedspread:
My Experience....

My wife is not a Nigerian and Mom was afraid of I going for her after my Elder bro had also Married a Foreigner..

I would have listened to her but what kept me was that I heard Clearly from GOD on where I should go , which happened to be the Country of my wife Even when I had better Places to go ... That Privilege I had hearing From GOD Kept me...

Dad had little or problem agreeing as long as He was sure that I heard GOD..

it's being Great! Mum has Accepted wifey tho she still not so happy about it!

I am so Happy as We see The HAND OF ALMIGHTY GOD, who brought us together daily in our Home...

I Remember telling people that if I didn't hear GOD on my Marriage , I won't Marry!

My Advise to Anyone seeking for marriage is to Have an empty and open mind...

Tell JESUS CHRIST in prayer that you wanna marry.. ( don't give him a choice)

He will tell u your choice wherever He/She is..

As long as u have a Honest Mind

Is this like hearing the 'small, silent voice', or an inspiration? Conviction? How did you 'hear' God?

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Mizwisdom(f): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2019
What of people without parents? you better live your life cause they won't be here forever

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by DrOBD(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2019
sampete:
This is about my Elder Sis.

She wanted to get married to a man who was way older than her, he was practically my dad's age mate. My parents and the church refused to okay the marriage. She threatened to kill herself if she wasn't allowed to marry the man. Parents were forced to okay the marriage.

They have been married for years, no kids. Still praying for them.

Your parents eventually gave their consent na. We are talking about parents who refused to give consent no matter what....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Formularcr7: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2019
martin1772:
well, my mother did not like her, but she is not really against me marrying her though she would have loved if I did not marry her. As God will have His way, she came to my parents house that Friday night and told them she will be travelling to UK to further her studies, we all believed her. The following week she called me with a private number that she is in UK, that was when I started suspecting her. well, it is not possible we get married because she actually lied the reason why she lied I don't know. ( Too lazy to type the full story).
something dey ur head

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by olumyde(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
LadySarah:
My mums only bro came after 5 of them girls.Everybody wanted to have a say of his choice of a wife.he brought his love home an ogoja woman from cross river state and my grandma refused.For yrs he pleaded even when there was a preg scare they didn't budge.She would curse with her flat breasts that he suckled .
Her crime-not Igbo.

Last last,she later brought her choice,a week before his traditional wedding he died.His trad date was used for his burial.He was 35yrs and had been ready to marry the non Igbo woman for 9 yrs but for my grandma.

They later travelled to Lagos to meet the lady and enquire whether she actually had a child for him but nothing.
No son ,no grandchild.

Who she gon blame?What does the Igbo woman have that the cross riverian didn't have.She bitterly regrets it today and hasn't recovered since 2012 from it.

If she/he is worth it ,go for it.Life is too short for another creature to make yours filled with regret.
If they quote Eph 6 vs 1,quote verse 2 for them.

Imagine?! What a sad occurrence.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Jtmanager(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
Richkid97:
100% support of babymama

Nobody should quote me pls

Baby mama grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

25-Year-Old Lady Gives Birth To Six Babies Within 3 Years Of Marriage. Photos / How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video) / Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.