Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? (3743 Views)

NNPC 2015 Recruitment- How Authentic Is This Message / National Population Commission Recruitment; How To Apply? / Phcn Recruitment: How Authentic Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by valianty(m): 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
Nairalanders, Please does anyone have an idea of the number of people FirstBank wants recruit? How many were they last year?
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Urchmoney(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2007
Hi Valiante, Is first Bnk recruiting? If they are how can I apply? About How many people, just think you shouldn't be burdered. Just be de best of U.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2007
my bother i get plenty of questions to ask o!Like your own quetion,where and How is their training school,How much do they pay b4 and after confirmation etc etc.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by valianty(m): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2007
Urchmoney, FirstBank just concluded the interview (2nd stage) of its recruitment process yesterday. Let someone give us answers to our questions.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by brazaville: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2007
valianty:

Nairalanders, Please does anyone have an idea of the number of people FirstBank wants recruit? How many were they last year?

Please How is their training school, would they recruit everybody in the training school after the training or by selestion. How much do they pay before and after confirmation (how many months b4 confirmation) etc etc ?
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by cos4kay(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2007
pls i need a promising job. i ma a fresh graduate though am serving in ,right now, Abia state. pls if theres any job opportunity pls do not hesitate to tell me. thanks.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by koolman: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2007
Guys, first bank recruited only 600 people last year out of over 15,000 applicants that applied to them. I thinkthey pay around 60k before confirmation. But after confirmation they pay like 70k or so.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Mishie: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2007
their policy on recruitment change year after year depending on how much replacements they want and new branches being created, so certainly we shouldnt be holding down to how many were recruited last year, as a measure for what would happen this term. just pray you are taken whether they are taking five or nine or twenty or seven hundred!

i should think the results for the last interviews should be out later this week or at most first week of may.
lets keep posted on this ok, for anything new.
meanwhile, a freind told me he was asked to sign on a sheet after he had his session last week with the panel of interviewers. is there anyone else with a similar experience?
lets know and all the best guys!
cheers
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by katme: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2007
about the Guy who was aked to sign after his interview session, i just wonder what that was for. I did the interview too, and nothing of that sort was required of me, or anybody else i know who did the interview.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Menyi: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2007
I had mine on the 12th. i was asked to sign on my letter of invitation, i dont think there's anything to it because the guy that entered before me was asked to do the same. Just keep praying.
As regards the pay, my guy just left them and he told me that he was taking 56Grand when he was still with them.

God can do more wonderful things than we can imagine.

Keep believing!!!
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by bruce(m): 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2007
As for the training schools of First bank, I know for sure that they have training schools in Jos, enugu, and Lagos. There is no doubt that they might have in Abuja and maybe one or two in the extreme North.

Good Luck to those waiting for the outcome of the interview.

One Love!
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by darqly(m): 8:19am On Apr 24, 2007
Lets see-
Firstly, they always end up recruiting more than the 550-600 that they "officially" recruit. Reason is staff turnover is alarmingly high, too many are quitting each day. You can imagine that 4 months after recruitment last year, they created a fourth batch and offered them employment,after taking the initial 550. For the intakes this was a miracle, several had forgotten that they even did they interview!!!

Secondly,they will probabaly use only 2 training schools like last year; Lagos and Kano learning centres. We have hostel facilities and they are in the very least 5 star. Kwairanga hostel in Kano has just been renovated again, so its like a resort more or less. Theoritical aspect of the training is 21 days with exams each week, 7-7 classes each day. You get the practical hands-on in your branches when you're posted. Make no mistake, if FBN can give nothing else, they will train you to be the best banker, operations wise. Forget the rantings of one cheeky fellow that claims Access has the best training school, it's balderdash. FBN's only challenge is customer-friendly service delivery, and we're seriously working on that presently.

Thirdly,pay, this is touchy,tricky. I don't know about your monthly pay going higher after confirmation. In FBN, it reduces significantly after confirmation, cos of deductions and loans you get. In training you'll be told that you earn N1.5 P.A. I can account for the .5M but up till today I can't find the 1m!! I check my payslip every now and then and do the math all over again. But we get alot of bonuses and allowances, quarterly and annually. FBN actually pays you to go on leave, and even give you cab fare!!(Which is quite hefty)

Confirmation is after 12 months now unless if they only did that to annoy us last year, cos prior to last year it has been 6 months.
At this stage, forget pay, after all most of us were earning zilch before being employed. In my case FBN multiplied my salary by 10, its a good start. Open your eyes wide and learn fast, don't moan about what GTB,INTER or ACCESS is paying otherwise you'll form a moaning habit too soon. Most of my colleagues have it and it sucks really. There's news making the rounds of an imminent pay rise, so you guys are coming on board at a really good time. Make yourself an asset, not a liability. Deliver service diligently and believe me, you'll be sought after.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by escobar(m): 8:54am On Apr 24, 2007
[quote][Forget the rantings of one cheeky fellow that claims Access has the best training school, it's balderdash. /quote]Thanks Darqly for the information you have passed through, they are wonderful.We will work and pray towards it.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by jumiek: 10:30am On Apr 24, 2007
Darkly, thanks abunch for the info you've given about 1st bank. That was quite impressive. I had my own interview last tuesday and you have given me a good idea of what to work with when I get there. God bless you real good.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by umasky(m): 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2007
Thanks alot your explaination is encouraging. I think am in the same faith as you have advised. See you there soon.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by kelechiodo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2007
guy, i actually did the oral interview on easter tuesday. after the interview, i was actually asked to sign on my invitation letter. but somehow i think that i performed poorly but i have handed everything over to God as that was my first interview
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by fab1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2007
Hey I dont think any one should b saying they feel they didnt do too well at the interview cos you only loose when you QUIT! I know for a fact that they is power in prayer and God has a plan for evry one of us, Lets make HIS Job easier by believing in HIs power to change things , thats his speciality, DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE! I did the interview and while evry one is saying this and that about the pay and the number of pple they want to take , i blive that I am ALready there, by FAITH Hebrews- 11-1. So tanx for all the info guys but ithink the most important thing is "knowing" you are already at the training sk ;ool!, holla! grin
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by lloyds(m): 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2007
Dear Darqly,

Pls where u asked to sign on ur invitation letter during ur own interview?

Much tanx.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by darqly(m): 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2007
@ llyods, No I don't remember signing after my interview. It may be standard procedure but maybe some centres overlooked it, thats all. It really doesn't mean that those that signed were successful and others didn't make it. Keep the faith, you'll be pleasantly surprised!!
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by innason(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2007
darqly i really appreciate ur info it has helped me in making a big decision.Thanks.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2007
The signing procedure is just a form of confirmation that you were around and that your Credentials have been seen and before you.When I went in with my group in Port Harcourt we all signed on our stuff so I really dont think its a big deal.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Diyoke(f): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2007
Thanks a million times Darqley, you are a really nice fellow. I had my interview on monday last week and i'm quite hopeful i will make it. As for the signing stuff, i was asked to sign, but i dont think it has anything to do with success or failure.lets just keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by sw: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2007
First bank recruited over 500 people last year, but as a result of further expansion they may recruit more this year.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by innocee: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2007
Well,we ve attended d interview and to God be d glory we were shortlisted 4 d interview.i pray they dont use inec/pdp format 4 pple.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by zukki: 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2007
PLS ANYONE WITH THE DATE FOR THE RELEASE OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WHO MADE IT TO MEDICAL STAGE?

ALSO,DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT PRIMESAVIC SOLUTIONS CO IN IKEJA, LAGOS? I`VE BEEN INVITED FOR A TEST AND IMEDIATE POSTING ON FRIDAY 27-04-2007.HOW DEPENDABLE IS THIER SERVICE?I LIVE IN ENUGU;WILL IT BE WORTHWILE TO TRAVEL DOWN TO LAGOS AND PICK WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO OFFER ?" IN TERMS OF JOB POSTING,JOB SATISFACTION,SALARY,PROFESSIONALISM AND QUALITY OF SERVICE? PLS REPLY URGENTLY[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by daphey(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2007
thanx so much darqly.  u are good.
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by santanovva(m): 10:17am On Apr 26, 2007
Thanks guys (and ladies), I've been updated and "consolidated" by your communications, My fingers are crossed, expecting to be sucessfull at the Interview, Hey! I wish you guys good luck too.( with GoodLuck, God will "Yara do am"wink understand?
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by dollyfil(f): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2007
thank you very much darqly, for the detailed explanation you took your time to compose,God bless you
Re: Firstbank Recruitment: How Many? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2007
you said we should keep the fingerzs crossed.we'v done so.
darkly said we should be hopeful.we are.
i go yarn una when dem call me 4 appointment letter.

yours sincerely cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Africa Finance Corporation Is Recruiting / Nigerian Customs Service! / Is It A Crime To Be A Female????..pls Help A Heartbroken Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.