Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB (27909 Views)

Crisis In CCB As Kankia Rejects Appointment Of Acting Chairman / Buni In CCB Asset Declaration Scandal - Saharareporters / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by CanineOfJackal: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2019
Buterflyle0:

You go soon break leg
You are back grin

You are officialpdpng. Welcome because im sending this one over
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by CanineOfJackal: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2019
Buterflyle0:

You go soon break leg
You are back grin

You are officialpdpng. Welcome because im sending this one over grin
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Buterflyle0: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
You are back grin

You are officialpdpng. Welcome because im sending this one over grin

I am who? Are you alright?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by DeepNuggets: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2019
StOla:

Atiku should not worry as the constitution is being clearly followed in this case so far.

If Atiku really loved to defend our constitution, he would not have corruptly enriched himself with public funds laundered to the USA as Vice-President.

How is it dangerous that the most senior judicial officer is being afforded the judicial processes in explaining why he does not follow the constitution of the country he adjudicates over?

The CJN lives by the law, and he should be ready to die by the law.

Atiku is a dreamer, hope he wakes up to reality
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by olajizz01(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
presido997:
Atiku always reacting
Him and Kola always react on every matter, despite the fact that most of their reaction are senseless
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
Buterflyle0:

Shut up
He made So much sense and u ask him to shut up Now i can safely conclude that bmc members are truly Senseless!!
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Guide777(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2019
APC is apprehensive! Despite their outward shows of confidence, inwardly the party knows they will fail . even their failure in governance scares and embarrasses them and they know have disappointed Nigerians. So you can understand why they are desperate to remove all stumbling blocks

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Buterflyle0: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

He made So much sense and u ask him to shut up
Now i can safely conclude that bmc members are truly Senseless!!

He was spamming and that is against the rules on nairaland. Shutting him up is apt
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by pfadom: 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2019
It is not about dividing the country along the ethnic or religious line. Not all southerners reason like you

chrisluci:
I wonder how any southerner still support this government
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Adebowale89(m): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2019
let this man get elected Godforbid all corruption cases would be exonerated

Nigerians would now be humiliated world wide. we would be seen as the most dense and dumb citizens to elect a man that was banned to enter a world country, a fraudster and money launder that can't take responsibility of his wrongdoing by law

Nigerians do not put your hand in this stigma staring at the popular black nation

say no to Atiku
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by citruslimited(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=AnonPoet post=74698599]A Clarion Call In Defence Of Our Constitution
I have received the news of the sudden charges about to be filed against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with apprehension and suspicion especially as such a move against the head of an arm of our government is coming so close to an election in which the Buhari administration has shown growing desperation.

My suspicions are further exacerbated by the fact that the Buhari government is pressuring an independent and self governing arm of government with the aim of getting CJN Walter Onnoghen to resign or be pushed aside.

I stand on the side of the rule of law and believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty and note that a media trial is no trial.

If Justice Walter Onnoghen is guilty of the charges about to be preferred against him, let his guilt be determined by a competent court of law and not by the Buhari administration. The executive cannot usurp the role of the judiciary. Nigeria is still a democracy and not a fascist dictatorship as President Buhari may wish.

Any attempt to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate his office, 4 weeks to an election for which the unpopular Buhari administration has shown every intention to manipulate, is a move pregnant with negative meaning.

I see no reason whatsoever for the ongoing pressure by the Buhari government to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate office when he has not been convicted for any offence.

Nigerians may recall that this government has a history of manipulating the law against the heads of arms of government it considers unfriendly to its cause. A case in point is their malicious prosecution and persecution of the Senate President, Distinguished Senator Bukola Saraki.

I therefore call on the President to respect the principle of separation of powers and abide by the rule of law on this matter and stop any interference or pressure on Justice Walter Onnoghen or the judiciary and allow the law and the constitution take its full course.

Atiku Abubakar
Vice President of Nigeria, 1999-2007
Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party
Don't struggle to pay bills this year!
Make more money year, click on the link below to learn how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJy8NCKOAVA
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by lilangelapc: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
Then you for go USA to clear your shits na.make the world to know you not guilty
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by walezy14(m): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2019
No one is above the law. he should be prosecuted. why the hue and cry?
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Osyabj: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2019
The fact is that Walter Onnoghen is patiently corrupt and should not have been elevated to CJN.

Here is my comment during the debate as whether Onnoghen should be confirmed as CJN.

https://www.nairaland.com/3562568/cjn-slot-buhari-under-pressure/1

On pdp's assertion that PMB's refusal to send Acting CJN, Onnogen to the Senate, was to stop a Southerner from becoming Substantive CJN is absolute rubbish.

The fact is that, the Acting CJN Onnogen, has been adjuged to be totally corrupt & unfit as a judge.

In fact, the late Supreme Court jurist, Justice Kayode Eso's 1994 Panel on Judicial corruption & Reform, came out with shocking revelation that 47 judges, includng the curent acting CJN, Walter Onnogen, did not deserve to be on the Bench.

PMB should find another competent Southern lawyer or Law Professor, within the constitutional provisions, with no taint of corruption and reccommend his/her name the NJC for review & approval.

The era of automatic CJN succession from the current pool of patently corrupt Supreme Court justices must STOP NOW.

In fact, Criminal Supreme Court justices, Ngwuta & Okolo, who are now undergoing corruption trial would have become CJN under this automatic succession, corrupt tradition.

pdp simply wants the Acting CJN, Onnogen, adjuged by Justice kayode Eso Panel as too corrupt to be a judge, to become CJN and continue to do pdp bidding of selling governorship elections to Wike, Emmanuel and others

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Thank God Fg was quit to fish out the pdp chief judge .judiciary under him have been giving conflicting court rulings over apc.
He failed to declare 3 domiciliaries account which carries his full name after being appointed as chief judge. this case is a water tight one against him. Cos those account contains Dollars,pounds and euros seperately. Onnoghen should do the honourable and resign or loose his seat, loot and still be jailed

are you a human ? or computer robot ? if you are human with this kind of brain you get you future is really dark
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by eneyoduke(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2019
I react to this post by report them all to MC Oluomo tongue

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by people4mie(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2019
PDP and their supporters react to news just like the way goat react to yam. Only if you can be calm you will be able to think very well.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by israelmao(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
Buhari is trying to get hold of every organ of government that may hinder the success of his selfish ambition.NBA president is already on trial and CJN will soon join him.Where is integrity and where is the rule of law he is always preaching?God is waiting for Buhari and he will serve with his judgement when time comes.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by kutchs: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
ArmedRobber:
the question should be if the accused is guilty as charged
It's only the court that can determine if he's guilty as charged and not Buhari and until he's convicted he remains the CJN.
Nowhere in the constitution is it stated that if he's accused and charged, the CJN must resign.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by ClearFlair: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
AnonPoet:
A Clarion Call In Defence Of Our Constitution
I have received the news of the sudden charges about to be filed against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with apprehension and suspicion especially as such a move against the head of an arm of our government is coming so close to an election in which the Buhari administration has shown growing desperation.

My suspicions are further exacerbated by the fact that the Buhari government is pressuring an independent and self governing arm of government with the aim of getting CJN Walter Onnoghen to resign or be pushed aside.

I stand on the side of the rule of law and believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty and note that a media trial is no trial.

If Justice Walter Onnoghen is guilty of the charges about to be preferred against him, let his guilt be determined by a competent court of law and not by the Buhari administration. The executive cannot usurp the role of the judiciary. Nigeria is still a democracy and not a fascist dictatorship as President Buhari may wish.

Any attempt to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate his office, 4 weeks to an election for which the unpopular Buhari administration has shown every intention to manipulate, is a move pregnant with negative meaning.

I see no reason whatsoever for the ongoing pressure by the Buhari government to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate office when he has not been convicted for any offence.

Nigerians may recall that this government has a history of manipulating the law against the heads of arms of government it considers unfriendly to its cause. A case in point is their malicious prosecution and persecution of the Senate President, Distinguished Senator Bukola Saraki.

I therefore call on the President to respect the principle of separation of powers and abide by the rule of law on this matter and stop any interference or pressure on Justice Walter Onnoghen or the judiciary and allow the law and the constitution take its full course.

Atiku Abubakar

Shut up and go and steal something.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by cheezy4real(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=melanch post=74698948]Three arms of government -
Executive
Legislative
Judiciary

I hope the presido knows where he belongs

Do you know that you make more money if you have more visitors are from Google search? Contact me for Google SEO. [/quote

08037085441. Let's chat
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by McTobe(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2019
ArmedRobber:
pdp chief judge that have 3 domiciliary accounts containing dollars euro and pounds.
ccb should jail the bribe collector
Are you saying that at that level that you cannot afford to have three domiciliary accounts?
Lets go this way; is there any judge at the level of fed high court that his minimum salary is less than 500k minus other allowances?.
Lets not mix reason with sentiment.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by fredylee: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2019
CHIDOHSKI:
Desperation of this APC government is getting out of hand. I pray they continue this way so that by the end of election there will not be Nigeria to rule. I hate dictators.

The interesting thing is that dictators always have their time... they eventually go. Hitler, Musolini, Stalin, Ferdinand Marcos, Idi Amin, IBB, Abacha. The current case would not be different. Nigeria shall be free!
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by freshvine(f): 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
cant someone pursue buhari certificate saga to the supreme court to enable CJN sack him and preserve our democracy
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by BigIyanga: 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2019
StOla:

Atiku should not worry as the constitution is being clearly followed in this case so far.

If Atiku really loved to defend our constitution, he would not have corruptly enriched himself with public funds laundered to the USA as Vice-President.

How is it dangerous that the most senior judicial officer is being afforded the judicial processes in explaining why he does not follow the constitution of the country he adjudicates over?

Why didnt GMB’s executive carry out due dilligence before submitting his name to the senate?
So GMB didnt vet him??
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Blacklord0739(m): 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2019
I am always pesky to see some fools supporting what's not right........I am not a fan of any party but I dislike oppression...... Nigeria is run vividly with personal interest and not constitutionally........ What's wrong with Senate president declaration of assets, what wrong with Amechi,what's wrong with fashola and every other political holder's, why is he the PRESIDENT not sacking them along side the CJN.....All Nigeria youth are fundamentally brain derail and it's due to the colour with black brain....it pays me to be born a somalia and witness everyday war to know what we are fighting for....but here in Nigeria not like that,we are OK with everything just because we are scare,and a fearful person is a coward that dies many times before his death, especially the Yoruba people,they are the problems of this Nation,they are betrayer,so it's not new,they betray their own blood and not to talk of others.....Let us summon courage and be a gladiators that rebuke what's is bad in our Nation....Nobody will fight for us,it can be done by us.....
Here in Nigeria as a Citizen, I was molested by SARS in Akure in year 2006,where I was at ATM to withdraw cash with my friend and honestly they came down from their vehicle and slapped me that before I opened my eyes, I was handcuffed and threw at their Van,it was God intervention that A police woman that was my neighbour saw me behind the Van due to the crowd watching me,that I was rescued with mass intervention, if it hadn't happened that's how those,Criminal call SARS would had shot me that I am a criminal and replaced me with someone else,that's what happening in Nigeria, May God never allow you to have the experience...... Another one was when I was serving as a 2016 NYSC member in Maiduguri that a man vow to burn me alive due to accommodation issue that is located to a KANURI man in my name,for the fact that I protested,what's all this in this country.....
As far as I am concern,I don't believed in any security in Nigeria, its God and I myself that I trust......so this country need our dear help and Loyalty to move forward.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Deepthoughts: 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2019
AnonPoet:
A Clarion Call In Defence Of Our Constitution

Atiku Abubakar
This is where the stupidity of the so call educated Southerners will surface,you will never hear their voices only to go n be grumbling in hidden but when it was one of their own they were always willing to destroy,if anyone is in doubt,just ask Amaechi, oshiomole etc they knows better.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by echodrum(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2019
StOla:

You think everyone in Nigeria do not have brain to think? Why is Buhari desperately doing this now? Apparently he wants to remove the southern Justice and replace him with the a notherner just in case the coming election results to court battle.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Connecticut: 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2019
hucienda:
This is indeed dangerous. The APC-controlled FG should not burn the country in desperation to win at all costs.
. Obj did worst than that when he was Democratic president. Whether you people like it or not PMB will win at all cost. If PDP had laid good solid foundation and rule well there is no way for PMB to rule this country as a Democratic president, in all situation happening in Nigeria now all blame should go to PDP. PMB till 2023.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Groups Warn Akiolu ,Oba Of Lagos From Interfering In Politics / Video Of Senators Calling For Buhari's Impeachment / May 29 Remains Inauguration Day For Presidents – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.