Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB (27918 Views)

Crisis In CCB As Kankia Rejects Appointment Of Acting Chairman / Buni In CCB Asset Declaration Scandal - Saharareporters / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by madridsta007(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2019
hucienda:
This is indeed dangerous. The APC-controlled FG should not burn the country in desperation to win at all costs.

Nigerians have been pauperised by the APC government and we don’t have a history of rising to tyranny like the South Africans, for example.

APC are taking their desperateness to a level which is unnecessary. If Buhari is declared winner, Nigerians won’t fight; those who have the money will flee the country; the South West will patiently wait for 4 more years when they think, very funnily, that power will be handed over to them. The rest of the country will just get on with managing.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Shikini: 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2019
hucienda:
This is indeed dangerous. The APC-controlled FG should not burn the country in desperation to win at all costs.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Printerscanner: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2019
Is the current CJN Walter Onnoghen running foreign accounts with dollars, pounds and euros? Did the CJN declare his assets as required by law? Answer legal and constitutional questions and stop beating about the bush. We don't want a CJN that is richer than Dangote through bribes and kick-backs. The CCT once tried Tinubu and Saraki and they were set free. So why is the CJN different?
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Damoche10: 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
We stand with CJN

Its a choice bro.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by obailala(m): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2019
Everybody in Nigeria is just a theorist.... If the constitution says a CJN must declare his assets, why should the CJN (the chief custodian and interpreter of the law) not declare his assets?.... Not a single person has asked this vital question in the entire thread. Everyone has just automatically switched to pdp vs apc politics.

Some persons on this thread mentioned that the CJN has not been pronounced guilty by any court. The last time I checked, no one in govt or outside govt has said the CJN is guilty; a case of non-compliance was only referred to the CCT for investigation and judgement. Why's the PDP so jittery over this?.... If the CJN has done nothing wrong, the case would be thrown out, he's so much of a powerful man for me or anyone to feel worried for. Is it not the same CCT that rogues like Saraki and Tinubu were sent to and they both came out unscathed?

Finally, if the allegations of PDP are true that the apc govt wants to simply push Onnoghen out, who does not know that politics is just a GAME?.. a DIRTY GAME? People only cry foul when the dirtiness of the game doesnt favour their camp. It's only in Nigeria that a thief would be caught red handed and his only defense is that he's being caught because of politics. Heck! Politics or no politics, did you do something wrong or not?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by integrity16(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2019
SK3NKI:
The country will b hard for u instead. U think if atiku looses it changes the fact that he is a billionaire that can choose to leave outside Nigeria for d rest of his life nd Neva suffer? Well its a shame some of u use tribal sentiments to judge we no kuku dey Nigeria. Na una sabi.

Why is he not contented with the billions you claim he possess?

Why is he hellbent on coming back to rule us and loot our Treasury dry? Huh
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2019
magoo10:
Buhari does not want to sign an electoral bill that will guaranty free and fair election but he wants to cunningly change the Chief Justice of Nigeria who occupies a position of another arm of govt weeks to election. He has failed

So that he will put idi mulu to be incharge... that means from the on set they were not happy with the Judge from Edo... Na jazz dey use curse this country..that One Nepotic Being will be having his way and his zombie followers see nothing wrong.. Nah swear... Na wa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by ImperialYoruba: 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2019
hucienda:

Why does every statement from Atikulators end in "burn this ccountry down"?

Are you all planning something we dont know? Are you intending to start another terrorism if Atiku looses? Please speak clearly when commenting and stop the use of blood words. This goes to all you Atikulators.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by mank1234(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
ArmedRobber:
the question should be if the accused is guilty as charged

Arm robber, no. It's not a question of being guilty or not. That's for CCT to decide. But we are against FG asking him to vacate office. He may or may not be guilty afterall.

Have you considered that this same FG accused and harassed senate president? What would have happened had Saraki resigned only to be declared not guilty? Why is it difficult for FG to ask indicted executives to resign but always quick to ask legislatures or judiciary officers to resign? How about the 5 Supreme Court judges they harassed the other time?

This government is clearly positioning itself for something sinister
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by JayGraphics(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
I hope you see the way you arrange them. Hierarchical

melanch:
Three arms of government -
Executive
Legislative
Judiciary

I hope the presido knows where he belongs

Do you know that you make more money if you have more visitors are from Google search? Contact me for Google SEO.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by adekolaelect(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
SalamRushdie:
this is further proof that Buhari knows that he stands no chance in the face free and fair elections backed by the rule of law!!!! In their Bid to release fake brazenly altered result and then use operation python dance to force helpless Nigerians to accept the result the evil cabal have realised that the Judiciary headed by the current CJ might be a stumbling block in legitimizing the fake results and so hence this stupid plot to remove him but this time Buhari will embarass himself
it is unwise to see tow people fighting and rush to join the fighting without asking what interfered between them . can CJN influence the outcome of Election in Nigeria Not everything is politics we need to be above all this .
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by melanch(m): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2019
grin
JayGraphics:
I hope you see the way you arrange them. Hierarchical

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by Friend01(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
BigBashiru:

Nigerians don't just comment on nairaland fight for a better life so you don't die in a motor accident, kidnapped robbed or die in ill equipped hospital. Ways you can fight:
1. Sue Buhari, APC, INEC to court.
2. Vote with your pvc
3. Take charge of INEC, demand to witness vote collation.
4. Organize formal peaceful protests across major cities.
5. Demand designations or referendums. Did you know you can cause an impeachment?

You can just complain on nairaland or you can stand up and fight!!!

Unfortunately, you are advising the wrong person..

I don't believe in democracy as a system of government.
it has too many loopholes that I don't see it as a standard system to govern a people fairly.

A system that equates a hard working man's vote with that of an armed robber and a kidnapper.

A system that make my Imaam's vote equal to that of a known drunkard.

A vote of a chaste wife or lady equals that of prostitute.

They are too many things wrong with democracy that I wouldn't advice anybody to vote,but since Buhari is someone I like and I trust, I will support him with good words and say what he is trying to do.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by arrestdarrester: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2019
AnonPoet:
A Clarion Call In Defence Of Our Constitution
I have received the news of the sudden charges about to be filed against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with apprehension and suspicion especially as such a move against the head of an arm of our government is coming so close to an election in which the Buhari administration has shown growing desperation.

My suspicions are further exacerbated by the fact that the Buhari government is pressuring an independent and self governing arm of government with the aim of getting CJN Walter Onnoghen to resign or be pushed aside.

I stand on the side of the rule of law and believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty and note that a media trial is no trial.

If Justice Walter Onnoghen is guilty of the charges about to be preferred against him, let his guilt be determined by a competent court of law and not by the Buhari administration. The executive cannot usurp the role of the judiciary. Nigeria is still a democracy and not a fascist dictatorship as President Buhari may wish.

Any attempt to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate his office, 4 weeks to an election for which the unpopular Buhari administration has shown every intention to manipulate, is a move pregnant with negative meaning.

I see no reason whatsoever for the ongoing pressure by the Buhari government to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate office when he has not been convicted for any offence.

Nigerians may recall that this government has a history of manipulating the law against the heads of arms of government it considers unfriendly to its cause. A case in point is their malicious prosecution and persecution of the Senate President, Distinguished Senator Bukola Saraki.

I therefore call on the President to respect the principle of separation of powers and abide by the rule of law on this matter and stop any interference or pressure on Justice Walter Onnoghen or the judiciary and allow the law and the constitution take its full course.

Atiku Abubakar
Vice President of Nigeria, 1999-2007
Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party

Can anyone remember how long it took Bubu to appoint this guy simply because he is a Southerner?

Oh! I forgot it was even Osunbade that appointed the guy when Bubu was hoping for time to elapse on him.

Any Nigerian that fails to see the hand writing on the wall and those Nigerians that consent to this evil have sold our country for nought.

We hoped for a fight against corruption, now the fight is against our freedom as a people.

An ill wind blows no one any good.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by SirChime(m): 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=AnonPoet post=74698599]A Clarion Call In Defence Of Our Constitution
I have received the news of the sudden charges about to be filed against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with apprehension and suspicion especially as such a move against the head of an arm of our government is coming so close to an election in which the Buhari administration has shown growing desperation.

My suspicions are further exacerbated by the fact that the Buhari government is pressuring an independent and self governing arm of government with the aim of getting CJN Walter Onnoghen to resign or be pushed aside.

I stand on the side of the rule of law and believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty and note that a media trial is no trial.

If Justice Walter Onnoghen is guilty of the charges about to be preferred against him, let his guilt be determined by a competent court of law and not by the Buhari administration. The executive cannot usurp the role of the judiciary. Nigeria is still a democracy and not a fascist dictatorship as President Buhari may wish.

Any attempt to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate his office, 4 weeks to an election for which the unpopular Buhari administration has shown every intention to manipulate, is a move pregnant with negative meaning.

I see no reason whatsoever for the ongoing pressure by the Buhari government to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate office when he has not been convicted for any offence.

Nigerians may recall that this government has a history of manipulating the law against the heads of arms of government it considers unfriendly to its cause. A case in point is their malicious prosecution and persecution of the Senate President, Distinguished Senator Bukola Saraki.

The IG of police have not been retired and that of the military that supposed to be back as normal men but they want to put a new agent in case of any court case after election . All the political parties should set up and oppose Apc before its too late. Enough is enough.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by UncletC: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2019
netpro:
Election or no election, governance continues.

What Atiku/PDP should be asking: Is the CJN guilty as alleged?

As is stands now, the constitution is strictly adhered to. You can't charge the CJN without presenting a petition.
you can't ask for CJN to vacate office without a court confirmed charges...
or do you use petition charges? because this your buhari govt turns law upsidedown
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by DozieInc(m): 12:18am On Jan 13, 2019
The cabal is preparing for a post election tribunal... replacing someone from S/S with a northerner.
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by IGBOELI: 1:07am On Jan 13, 2019
PayPal Sign In - Log in to your PayPal Account | PayPal https://tecafrik.com/paypal-sign-in-log-in-to-your-paypal-account-paypal/
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by ChimaAgbalajob: 1:31am On Jan 13, 2019
magoo10:
Buhari does not want to sign an electoral bill that will guaranty free and fair election but he wants to cunningly change the Chief Justice of Nigeria who occupies a position of another arm of govt weeks to election. He has failed

All we are seeing now are the game plan of Buhari to rig the 2019 elections. From appointing his close associate Yakubu Mahmood as INEC Chairman, who has in turn helped to sneak in Amina Zakari into sensitive electoral position to announce the fake results he will forward to INEC.

Buhari already knows the Attorney General of Nigeria Abubakar Malami is his stooge. So he wants to remove the CJN Walter Onnoghen through using faceless fronts writing baseless petitions.

His next target will be the legislature to make sure any opposition to the fake results he will announce next month is totally silenced.

Nigerians should remain undeterred by Buhari's antics. He has failed in delivering any of his promises and will fail in his illegal attempt to remove the Chief Justice of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by magoo10(m): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2019
ChimaAgbalajob:

All we are seeing now are the game plan of Buhari to rig the 2019 elections. From appointing his close associate Yakubu Mahmood as INEC Chairman, who has in turn helped to sneak in Amina Zakari into sensitive electoral position to announce the fake results he will forward to INEC.

Buhari already knows the Attorney General of Nigeria Abubakar Malami is his stooge. So he wants to remove the CJN Walter Onnoghen through using faceless fronts writing baseless petitions.

His next target will be the legislature to make sure any opposition to the fake results he will announce next month is totally silenced.

Nigerians should remain undeterred by Buhari's antics. He has failed in delivering any of his promises and will fail in his illegal attempt to remove the Chief Justice of Nigeria.
he has already failed
He has been rejected
Re: Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB by JFT24(m): 6:46am On Jan 13, 2019
hucienda:

Which country are you burning?
Ok, you can burn your artificial Biafla Land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Plans Brief Return To Nigeria On Sunday, To Go For More Surgeries - SR / Soldiers Kill 3 Bandits, Recover Arms In Zamfara (Graphic Photos) / FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.