Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

First Day Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / First Day Of Ramadan (4173 Views)

Powerful Tips For The Last 10 Nights of ramadan / I'tikaf(in the last ten days of Ramadan) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Day Of Ramadan by rayhana: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2010
how was the first day of ramadan for everyone?
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by kwizzy212: 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2010
omo today was though for me
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 12, 2010
Everyday of Ramdan is great to be honest. A very holy month.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by mukina2: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2010
like all first days na, you just have to be in control grin
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by itsmayiela(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2010
it was great cos i spent most part of it indoor. i didnt go to work.

generally,it was blissful and there was no mistake of eating food accidentally. the only difference is that i had to fight with my thoughts and vain talks.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by marcus1234: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by javalove(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
Was nice. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. .  .!
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
was HARD

had to go out of lagos to ibadan  for site stuff

was driving. on my way back, enough hold up.

what makes fasting really difficult is that i get sleepy when driving in the morning - which i deal with by chewing gum. i kept dozing off this morning in go slow

hungry dey wire me no be small
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Csc42554: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2010
Mehn i almost eat, but that God i was able to come back to my senses
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2010
WOKE UP @ 4:15AM
OBSERVED NAWAFIL
RECITED QUR'AN(WITH A VIEW TO COMPLETING IT BEFORE END OF RAMADHAN)
SAID SHORT PRAYERS WITH MY CHILDREN
COMPLETED SAHUR @ 5:20AM
LEFT FOR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY
IT WAS A RAINY HENCE COULD NOT OBSERVE ZUHR & ASR AT THEIR TIMES AS OUR OFFICE MOSQUE IS NOT COVERED
LEFT OFFICE @4:10PM UPON PERMISSION TO BE ABLE TO REACH HOME IN TIME & OBSERVE IFTAR.
ON MY WAY, BOUGHT BISCUITS, SWEET & OTHER THINGS TO BE USED FOR HOSTING RAMADHAN NIGHT LECTURES FROM 9:00PM TO 10:30PM
OBSERVED ZUHR, ASR, MAGHRIB, ISHAI & TARAWIH ON MY WAY HOME
SLEPT @11.00PM
RAMADHAN KAREEM
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Harzan(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
Was kinda cool and intrestin. i was indoor truout till wen its time to brk.
May Allah accept our fast as an act of Ibada'ah.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by minute(f): 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2010
Going great.As I am typing,my stomach is rumbling.But this

all for Allah so who am I to complain? And it's only 9:13 over here.

I'm practicing ramadan with my friend this year.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by mukina2: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2010
minute:

Going great.As I am typing,my stomach is rumbling.But this

all for Allah so who am I to complain? And it's only 9:13 over here.

I'm practicing ramadan with my friend this year.
smiley
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by BabaIbada: 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2010
It was great like every other first day of the month on Ramadan. I never made any mistake of eating but it was a bit difficult taking one's eyes and mind off all the temptation arround but with the fear of Allah on my mind i conquered the devil.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Travelista(f): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
Aww, I hope you guys have a great Ramadan! Stay strong and prayerful!

Cashville:

My manual arrived from eBay, I am setting up my bombs. The infidels will know my name. My virgins here I come.

You're a jerk. angry
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by tanimz(f): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
It was great. . .

I did not insult anyone on Nairaland. cheesy cheesy

My ulcer pains were nowhere to be found. cool cool

All in all, I'm grateful to Allah for his mercies upon me. smiley smiley
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by mukina2: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
Travelista:

Aww, I hope you guys have a great Ramadan! Stay strong and prayerful!

You're a jerk. angry
his post is gone, just ignore him wink

tanimz:

It was great. . .

I did not insult anyone on Nairaland. cheesy cheesy

My ulcer pains were nowhere to be found. cool cool

All in all, I'm grateful to Allah for his mercies upon me. smiley smiley

Amin Amin smiley
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by tanimz(f): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
mukina2:

Amin Amin smiley

Thanks, how's Ramadan going for you? smiley

Ramadan Kareem. cheesy
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by mukina2: 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
tummy's rumbling grin but Mashallah smiley

The first few days are always like that, then your system adjusts smiley

same to you dear.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by rayhana: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
i have a lot of migraine during ramadan because i dont eat. But thank god for everything
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Aishabee(f): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2010
Alihamdulilahi unlike last year that i cudn,t fast any of the days of ramadan,

Yestr was ok and controllable no ulcer pain at all just that i felt like vomitting when i was breaking my fast

Today has been kindda of bad i have probs managing my anger, first time dis mrning in the office i cudn't exercise the patience i should have but the second anger temptation was met wit my silence even though i kept saying authu bilahi mina shaytan ni rajim & astagfirulahi in my mind,

I left the office for a while to avoid me reacting and alihamdulilahi i feel a lot beta cheesy

May Allah continue to strenghten us all, a ku ongbe
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by mukina2: 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2010
Aishabee:

Yestr was ok and controllable no ulcer pain at all just that i felt like vomitting when i was breaking my fast

Today has been kindda of bad i have probs managing my anger, first time dis mrning in the office i cudn't exercise the patience i should have but the second anger temptation was met wit my silence even though i kept saying authu bilahi mina shaytan ni rajim & astagfirulahi in my mind,

I left the office for a while to avoid me reacting and alihamdulilahi i feel a lot beta  cheesy

same here sad
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by bolseas(f): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2010
the first day was okay only that i felt like sleeping.

i also tried to control my anger when a collegue saw me reading quran and made very funny remarks abt it, all i did was to ignore him. which is very unlike me.

Alhamdulillah all the same and insha allau i will complete the quran this month. i just completed the third surah i am on the fourth.

May Allah continue to strenghthen us.

Ramadhan Kareem
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by azharuddin: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
Aishabee:

I left the office for a while to avoid me reacting and alihamdulilahi i feel a lot beta  cheesy

I had ulcer troubles the year before the last ramadan. Last time and this time around i am feeling ok. Alhamdulillah. I started taking medication 1 week back as prophylaxis.

May Allah heal your ulcers as soon as possible,
May Allah give all of us adequate health to perform fast properly,
Ameen.

bolseas:

the first day was okay only that i felt like sleeping.

i also tried to control my anger when a collegue saw me reading quran and made very funny remarks abt it,  all i did was to ignore him. which is very unlike me.

Alhamdulillah all the same and insha allau i will complete the quran this month. i just completed the third surah i am on the fourth.

May Allah continue to strenghthen us.

Ramadhan Kareem

Mashallah, i am also trying to finish Quran this month and do not respond to others making fun of you. Just be patient as you did today for Allah has kept great reward for not arguing.

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,
"I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannahfor one who has good manners.''
[Abu Dawud]
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by bolseas(f): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2010
azharuddin, thank you very much my brother.

may Allah heal u completely and the other people who are having one ailment or the other.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by chakula: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ameen Akhy.

bolseas:

may Allah heal u completely and the other people who are having one ailment or the other.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Thelmabee: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

WOKE UP @ 4:15AM
OBSERVED NAWAFIL
RECITED QUR'AN(WITH A VIEW TO COMPLETING IT BEFORE END OF RAMADHAN)
SAID SHORT PRAYERS WITH MY CHILDREN
COMPLETED SAHUR @ 5:20AM
LEFT FOR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY
IT WAS A RAINY HENCE COULD NOT OBSERVE ZUHR & ASR AT THEIR TIMES AS OUR OFFICE MOSQUE IS NOT COVERED
LEFT OFFICE @4:10PM UPON PERMISSION TO BE ABLE TO REACH HOME IN TIME & OBSERVE IFTAR.
ON MY WAY, BOUGHT BISCUITS, SWEET & OTHER THINGS TO BE USED FOR HOSTING RAMADHAN NIGHT LECTURES FROM 9:00PM TO 10:30PM
OBSERVED ZUHR, ASR, MAGHRIB, ISHAI & TARAWIH ON MY WAY HOME
SLEPT @11.00PM
RAMADHAN KAREEM

ALLAHUAKBAR! May Allah make it easy for you ALMUSTAQIM and all our brothers and sisters in islam.You inspire me,I really admire how you manage your time with God and family at heart while working.It is so pertinent that we not only pray but also involve our children.And remembrance of Allah by way of short lectures at home is awesome,may Allah reward and guide us aright amin.

First day of Ramadan was not easy but thank God I'm alife to experience it,its not expected to be easy,we should be sobber.May Allah accept our sacrifice and supplication amin kunfayakun amin.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by Aishabee(f): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2010
Just sumtin to lite us up, Masha Allah i got it from my friend

Two Christians were lost in the Sahara desert .One is David, the other is Michael .They were dying of hunger and thirst when they suddenly came upon an oasis, with what looked like an emirate with a mosque in the middle .David said to Michael : "Look, let's pretend we are Muslims, otherwise we'll not get any food or drink. I am going to call myself "Mohammed."Michael refused to change his name , he said :" My name is Michael , and I will not pretend to be other than but what I am . , Michael."The Imam of the mosque received both well and asked about their names .David said : "My name is Mohammed ."Michael said : "My name is Michael. "The Imam turned to the helpers of the mosque and said :" Please bring some food and water for Michael only ."Then he turned to the other and said :"
Well Mohammed I hope you are aware that we are still in the holy month of Ramadan.Happy Ramadan! grin
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by lourash(m): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2010
my first day was kind of funny, i got to work and accepted biscuit from a colleague not remembering that i was fasting.i had already finished eating it when i screamed out ,
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by mjbaba: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
lourash:

my first day was kind of funny, i got to work and accepted biscuit from a colleague not remembering that i was fasting.i had already finished eating it when i screamed out ,

olojukokoro!! grin grin grin

first day was ok. very ok. Alhamdulilah
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by babs787(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2010
Salam

My first day ok and did not feel anything, it was like an ordinary day. I do not always feel it but do feel it as from when it is 10.
Re: First Day Of Ramadan by rayhana: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2010
when did naija start with ramadan? And what time is it ramghab there ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips / Tremendous Dua Asking Allah For 22 Things / Response To Mentioning D Name Of Prophet Muhammed During Salat, Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.