Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

The legitimate concubine. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The legitimate concubine. (23736 Views)

Concubine’s Vengeance (18+) / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? / Leave My Concubine Alone Wife Said As Hubby Catches Her Half Naked In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2019
Titi, a young beautiful lady has vowed never to share her man with any lady and at 27,she got married to her prince charming who gave her all the love and faithfulness beyond her wildest dreams. But unfortunately at the age of 36,she lost her husband to a terrible accident and she was left as a widow who has to cater for her 2 kids but no serious single guy wants her except countless married men who want her as a legit concubine.

Caroline's case is an interesting one...she has been so unfortunate in the hands of single guys and at 38 and still single,every single guy she meets just want to have a taste of her pudding whilst the married men have promised to make her a concubine and take good care of her emotionally and materially.

Faith is a never married single mum who have given up on single guys because most of them just don't want to be with a single mum and the more she tries to look away from married men,the more difficult it is for her to get a serious minded single guy.

Ngozi with her two children were thrown out of her matrimonial home by her husband because she was accused of bringing bad luck to him and at the young age of 30,she kept her hope alive that she will find love again and have made up her mind to do away with married men but now at 40,she has not found any decent single guy but Alhaji Danladi has promised to take good care of her and her kids if only she will agree to be his concubine.

And what about Regina,a very beautiful 19year old girl with a bright future but from a not so rich background...luckily for her,she meets a married man old enough to be her father who is ready to sponsor her academic career, change her life and that of her entire family only she will agree to be his legitimate concubine.

All these aforementioned situations have forced many ladies to seek solace in the hands of married men and as you read this,there are several single ladies having a swell time with married men but many young ladies will never agree to this until they find themselves in any of these situations before the reality dawns on them and as i always tell people..."Never say it can never happen to me cos life has a way of proving people wrong"

What does the word legitimate concubine mean?
A Legitimate Concubine is a woman who is also married to the man(Secondary wife),has rights as a wife but of a lower status to the Principal spouse so the position of the main spouse and her child(ren) is never replaced which means a man can have Just one Main wife and can also decide to have a legitimate concubine or concubines IF HE DESIRES.

Below are some facts i want everyone to understand

I.A married man having concubines is an age long practice even in the biblical days “I have never seen anywhere in the Bible where prophets and preachers prayed for single ladies to get married. The Bible men had several legitimate concubines and every lady had a husband,” Yes it may not be the Original plan of GOD but he permitted it. The Bible has only come out strongly to condemn adultery, which is taking another man’s wife or a married person sleeping with someone he/she is not married to. Which means if the man marries another lady the proper way,she becomes a legitimate spouse and there will be no case of adultery.

2.Better than a man keeping mistresses or a lady becoming a mere mistress of a married man;
In my opinion,no lady should stoop so low to be a mere mistress to a married man that will be used and tossed aside like a piece of pad but it is very ok if he decides to make her his legitimate concubine..GOD is not against it and as far as the Bible is concerned, the number of wives or concubines that one has does not matter and is not a standard for righteousness.

3.Pastors and general overseers can have concubines if they so desire:
Many pastors and General overseers have been destroyed because they got involved in adultery. This never ending menace is bringing so much ridicule to the Christendom and many ignorant people are always fast to call Christianity a scam. Whilst i totally agree that adultery is a sin,i will blame these ignorant pastors or general overseers for their own downfall because they try to box themselves in the heresy of ''POLYGAMY IS A SIN'' whilst they continuously get involved in sexual acts with another woman secretly.

1 Timothy 3:2 states ''An overseer must have a good reputation and be faithful in marriage. They must be self-controlled, sensible, well-behaved, friendly to strangers, and able to teach''....some translations use the phrase(Husband of one wife) and many people take this to mean it is a sin for a pastor or G.O to have more than one wife but many Theologians have agreed that this Bible portion was simply instructing Pastors and G.O to avoid adultery and a man marrying more than one wife is clearly not adultery...it is sleeping with another woman you are not married to that constitutes the act of adultery.

Shall we say it is ok for a man who has more than one wife to divorce extra wives because he wants to be a pastor or General overseer? will this not be a sin in itself? or should I turn down the call of GOD to be a pastor or G.O because I have more than one wife?

4.It is the viable hope of many ladies in need of a man in their lives:
There are some women whose answers to a life partner rests on becoming a concubine rather than for them to be used as intimacy tool in the hands of randy men or never married single men.

5.It is not for every man:
Not all men are cut out for this cos of its a complicated way of life and it is advisable that men should stick with their principal spouse and only have concubines if they are financially,psychologically and and emotionally ready for it.

6.It helps stabilize the marital institution:
We have seen situations where man dumps his wife because she is opposed to his decision to get a concubine and at the end of the day,the wife packs out just to be the concubine of another married man. In the western world,divorce is on the rise because the western ideology does not accept this age long viable practice which has turned many women in the western world to depressed divorcees and single mothers.

7.The fact that the missionaries, who mostly came from Rome, began to preach against the act does not mean that this is what the Bible teaches. “It is unfortunate for the Church that today, when our dear brothers and sisters attend theological schools, they are fed with so much gentile-tilted theology that upon graduation, they are well equipped to vigorously convince the world to buy into the Roman immigration of Christianity that suggests that it is a sin for man to marry more than one woman.

8.This practice is not about men needing many wives: but it’s about women needing husbands and to save a generation of women who are ageing without husbands...No woman deserves to be without a husband”

9.It reduces immorality: Many ladies and men are psychologically boxed to think it is a sin to marry more than one woman or for a woman to marry an already married man but nevertheless,adultery thrives but if every man in need of another wife tows the path of having a legitimate concubine and every woman who wants to be with a married man becomes his legitimate concubine,the immoral act of adultery will be reduced. If pastors also tow this path,there will be less cases of pastors getting caught in the act of adultery and ministries collapsing as a result of this avoidable act.

This thread is not about promoting polygamy but a realistic one aimed at bringing sanity into the 21st century matrimony...for women who are always quick to run out of their marriages because their husbands have eyes for another woman.Monogamy is not a must and polygamy is not for every man but a choice. If you leave your marriage because of a concubine then you must be ready in most cases to be an intimacy gadget in the hands of randy men or become the concubine of another married man.

I hope this makes sense

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Many ladies in their teenage or adolescent years will never understand this..lol so let me prepare my shield against their rants and insults.

18 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by faithfull18(f): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
What
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
faithfull18:
What

Wettin happen?

Hope you read well.

Polygamy IS PERMISSIBLE BY GOD even if it was not the original plan and the fact that i was permitted expunges it from a sinful act.

Polygamy or Bigamy though not the original plan is permitted by GOD and we saw many references in the bible. GOD even gave a guideline for men to handle polygamy very well. If polygamy or Bigamy was forbidden by GOD I'm certain it will be sated clearly and he will never give any form of guideline...and please don't give me that talks of...''its old testament'' The bible is one holistic scripture.

Exodus 21:10;If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17; “If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn, but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the first fruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his. 

What many Christians quote is just logic about GOD making one woman for Adam and as I wrote, polygamy was not the original plan but GOD permitted it because women were rendered single for long due to several factors and no woman deserves to be single.

Polygamy or bigamy though very complex and inadvisable does not translate to sin and it is the choice of every man to be either monogamous or polygamous.

The devil has destroyed many churches because of this erroneous doctrine of monogamy and its time someone preached the truth.

Monogamy was clearly God's intent Genesis 2:22-24, the picture blurs pretty quickly after Adam and Eve's Genesis 3 and expulsion from the Garden. By Genesis 4, you have Cain's son Lamech taking two wives.

The patriarchs Genesis 16:3and Genesis 29:16-30themselves had multiple wives and concubines. Technically, the practice was polygyny. In other words, men could have more than one wife, but not the other way around (polyandry). 

Moses had two wives as well. The Mosaic Law likewise accommodated the practice of marrying more than one wife, including captured prisoners from foreign conquests (Deuteronomy 21:1-17).

It also made provisions for continuing the family line by marrying a brother's wife if he died without producing heirs (Deuteronomy 25:5-12).

And the stories keep coming: Gideon, one of Israel's champions, had many wives; Elkanah, a presumably godly man and the father of Samuel, had two wives.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by itiswellandwell: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
Interesting..
Re: The legitimate concubine. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Before I say what's on my mind.Op,how many concubines do you have at present?
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
Before I say what's on my mind.Op,how many concubines do you have at present?

Ma bi mi ni jamb question...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Toks2008:

Ma bi mi ni jamb question...
.. Tell us nah. It will serve as a source of encouragement .

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Tell us nah. It will serve as a source of encouragement .

I don't write about my life...i write realistic articles that has no correlation with my lifestyle or persona.

Shall we say every movie producer makes films about their lives?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
Toks2008:

I don't write about my life...i write realistic articles that has no correlation with my lifestyle or persona.

.I never said so,I only want to know how many you ve for you to be encouraging it. Based on your support towards the article, you should have at least let us know how many concubines you have.What's the need of preaching about it if you can't practice it?

30 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.I never said so,I only want to know how many you ve for you to be encouraging it. Based on your support towards the article, you should have at least let us know how many concubines you have.What's the need of preaching about it if you can't practice it?

No pun intended but you are beginning to sound lame. I am a prolific writer and i do realistic stuffs so if you have nothing to contribute to the topic of discussion maybe you should let others do whilst you read comments. This is not about supporting or opposing anything but stating the reality.

Thanks

10 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
Toks2008:

Wettin happen?
some ladydumped you right?

4 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
lipsrsealed as annoying as this sounds,.... I totally agree with the op.

6 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
Toks2008:

No pun intended but you are beginning to sound lame. I am a prolific writer and i do realistic stuffs so if you have nothing to contribute to the topic of discussion maybe you should let others do whilst you read comments.

Thanks
.. Lol. Prolific writer indeed.

31 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2019
elyna:

Exactly,it sounds so ridiculous but it is an age long truth that has stood strong through ages.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
funmisticqueen:
some ladydumped you right?

I give up....How does this question correlate?...May GOD grant you wisdom..

12 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
elyna:

Are you male or female?
Re: The legitimate concubine. by ifyan(m): 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mr Toks2008 this your right up is wrong and please stop twisting the Bible for your own gain.

Remember the Bible is divided into two parts. Old and New testaments and as a Christian which you claim you are ( Christ like) follow his teaching dully.

Though l .....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
ifyan:
Mr Toks2008 this your right up is wrong and please stop twisting the Bible for your own gain.

Remember the Bible is divided into two parts. Old and New testaments and as a Christian which you claim you are ( Christ like) follow his teaching dully.

Though l .....

And by your reckoning you just made sense abi... So the bible is now 2...i pity you.

5 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Toks2008:
Many ladies in their teenage or adolescent years will never understand this..lol so let me prepare my shield against their rants and insults.

5 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ifyan(m): 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Toks2008:

And by your reckoning you just made sense abi... So the bible is now 2...i pity you.

Yeah
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=lefulefu post=74768033][/quote]

Abi nah

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
It can be hard to be very realistic but someone must come out with the truth. Most married ladies who get angry with this should pray never to be in a situation that will make them accept this stark reality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by okesuku: 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2019
What stupidity you took your time to write. Well done sha...Garbage in Garbage out..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 12:15am On Jan 15, 2019
Having a concubine whether legal or illegal is adultery still... from whichever side it is viewed from

This legal concubine idea is flawed because most men that cannot stick to one wife will not stick to one concubine. If they can have one, why not two or three? So they end up having 5 "legal" concubines.

I think the days are already here where people develop their own truth based on what appeals to them and how they choose to view life. However I don't think impressionable and susceptible minds should be exposed to such unvalidated ideas

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by prettysassygirl(f): 3:15am On Jan 15, 2019
And I had high regard for this man before,thought he was sensible,see how he has successfully twisted the word of God trying to justify his lustful desire, if you want to have plenty concubine toks, go and have ,no one is stopping u,stop trying to drag along other men with you ,you think because you posted it,it is right abi? You just fall my hand sha.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by mrblessed(m): 7:11am On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

Truly, "realistic articles" should have (not has) no correlation to your lifestyle and persona.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by mrblessed(m): 7:14am On Jan 15, 2019
Toks2008:

No pun intended but you are beginning to sound lame. I am a prolific writer and i do realistic stuffs so if you have nothing to contribute to the topic of discussion maybe you should let others do whilst you read comments. This is not about supporting or opposing anything but stating the reality.

Thanks
Again, a "prolific writer" should do or engage in "realistic stuff", not realistic stuffs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Kobicove(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2019
We need to face reality...there is an urgent need to legalize polygamy so that the multitude of single ladies around will be able to find husbands!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2019
mrblessed:
Truly, "realistic articles" should have (not has) no correlation to your lifestyle and persona.

Before you entered nursery school I have cleared my waec and I had A1 in English. Your silly innuendo about a flimsy typo errir which I had no time to correct after posting does not mean you are of a sound mind.

Apparently you have no meaningful input to make here so please stop digressing and allow intelligent minds make comments ok! Mr gramme r.

12 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2019
Kobicove:
We need to face reality...there is an urgent need to legalize polygamy so that the multitude of single ladies around will be able to find husband's!

Bro monogamy is a western psychology that has no foundation either from the bible or even in Islam.

The Devil has destroyed many marriages because of the twisted mindset of our women.

The worst part is that these western countries suffer the hit the most...

Walk on the streets of England and America and randomly pick 10 women with kids and you can be sure that at least 6 out of every 10 is either divorced, or never married single mum's.

Ask them why they broke up with their ex and you are almost certain to hear same reason..."HE CHEATED ON ME"

Have you ever come across any story in the bible where a lady leaves her husband cos he got another concubine? In fact it was these wives that were encouraging their husbands to take concubines.

I pity this generation of ladies who have already destroyed their mindset with the lies the missionaries brought with religion.

My duty is to continue to write from the realistic point of view...anyone who has issues should counter it with facts rather than make a mockery of him or herself by trolling.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The legitimate concubine. by skywalker240(m): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2019
Toks baba, i can see what you trying to pass, most ladies are just pure victims of cercumstance (this applies to both the 19 and the 40 something years old). a part of me agree.

but my question here is,

dont you think the wife, concubine, adultery thingny blending together (you qouted them from the scriptures) is sort of Hypocritical?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Story Of A Frustrated Ex / Fucking Hot Dude... �� / Hilarious Post Of A Couple Who Met On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.