Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking (30486 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Comment on Niger Crisis Got Me Thinking. / The Lover Boy Who Fell In Love With The Wrong Lover / See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 8:24am On Jan 13, 2019
I went to the Stadium yesterday to do some exercise,
While I was at it, A boys phone fell in a sealed gutter.He and his friend struggled to remove the phone with sticks but couldn't, I decided to help out...we tried and tried but couldn't, the Stadium was beginning to get scanty...

The boy gave up and said he would come back later in the day with a Big hammer to break the concrete,all the time we were there I was very optimistic we were going to remove the phone and I was assuring the boy not to worry that he was going to get his phone..

After thinking and trying again and again I almost gave up,but an idea came to my head, "if we can get an iron hanger we can remove the phone" I told the boy,but there was no where we could get a hanger there or any rod that could help...

I got frustrated within me and decided to pray in my mind for God to help us remove the phone. While I was praying in my mind the stick fell inside the gutter, So ran to get another stick...

As I came back with the stick I saw one of the boys trying to put a nylon in the gutter,So I asked what he was trying to do,He then said he got an idea that we should put a nylon in the gutter then push the phone with the stick into the nylon and then pull the nylon out with the stick...Immediately he said that I smiled smiley and called him a genius.

Just close to us was a cloth-like material I rushed to get it and told them this one will be better, In less than 5mins the phone was out...

On my way back home I was thinking of the whole experience, A thought came to my mind " You were busy praying while someone else was busy thinking ...It kept on reoccurring on my mind; I should have been the one to get that idea if I had spent more time thinking than praying ...But when I got home I said to myself God answered my prayers either ways.... But then why wasn't it through me...

Should I have thought more on getting solutions or trust in prayers...

Relate this to life generally, most times we have problems and instead of thinking of how to solve the problem we tend to just be praying without thinking
From this experience I've come to understand that when faced with life challenges we should think consciously on solving the problem without neglecting Prayers...

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL.

506 Likes 49 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Ihedinobi3: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2019
If I am understanding you right, the young man's idea to use the stick and the plastic bag together could not have been God's Answer to your prayer? If that is what you are saying, why are you saying it? Why is that not a way that God could have answered you?

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by hisgrace090: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2019
A food for thought!!!

Wisdom is the principal thing says the bible.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
If I am understanding you right, the young man's idea to use the stick and the plastic bag together could not have been God's Answer to your prayer? If that is what you are saying, why are you saying it? Why is that not a way that God could have answered you?
I was very optimistic(In this context I should say I had FAITH) that I was going to remove the phone while I was trying because I prayed...but I didn't someone else did(Someone that was thinking while I was praying)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Ehiscotch(m): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

It is because God didn't use him to retrieve the phone but the other guy. The OP wanted to be the hero (the solutionist) but God chose to use the other guy and the op is now reconsidering his stance on prayer.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Ihedinobi3: 8:53am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:

I was very optimistic(In this context I should say I had FAITH) that I was going to remove the phone while I was trying because I prayed...but I didn't someone else did(Someone that was thinking while I was praying)
Was God obliged to answer you exactly according to your expectation?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by CreepyBlackpool: 8:53am On Jan 13, 2019
Thats how one woman almost let her son die because the boy was sick and instead of taking the boy to a hospital or chemist, she kept taking him to the pastors house for prayers.
Each time she went, the pastor would not be at home and she'd just take the child home.
It wasn't until she finally met the pastor's wife who prayed and instructed her to take the child for malaria treatment that she finally got the child medical help and he got well.

Its not lack of money that made her to not take the child for treatment but lack of sense

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 8:53am On Jan 13, 2019
Ehiscotch:

It is because God didn't use him to retrieve the phone but the other guy. The OP wanted to be the hero (the solutionist) but God chose to use the other guy and the op is now reconsidering his stance on prayer.
Lols...
You're right bro...
I wanted the phone to come out first before being the Hero...
Let's take for instance your wife is very sick in the hospital and needs money for treatment and you dont have at the moment,though you're assuring your wife you were going to bring the money before the week runs out..hoping to make a sale within the week to foot the hospital bill; and you prayed For God to help you...Unfortunately two weeks passed you didn't make the expected sales; Her friend now decided to help with the bill how would you feel, be sincere to yourself...

3 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Ihedinobi3: 8:53am On Jan 13, 2019
Ehiscotch:

I think you could be right.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Was God obliged to answer you exactly according to your expectation?
Well I hoped He did
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Ihedinobi3: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:

Well I hoped He did
And, as I asked, why was the idea that the other guy had not considered by you to be His Answer?

5 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Ranchhoddas: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2019
I believe that all power, all intuition is from the same source. Your brain (the transmitter) was not tuned to the right frequency so the info sought out a more receptive transmitter -- the other guy's brain.

Wetin I dey talk self?

16 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by DMerciful(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2019
Faith without work is dead

2 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Mumu

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Thank you for sharing OP.
It's worth every read.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Miracle4Sure: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
smiley
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by nanizle(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2019
Prayer does absolutely nothing!

9 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by SamzackD(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2019
Failure to think when faced with situations that require logical thinking is part of the reason Africa is where it is today, logical thinkers that can make things happen is what we need, not those that believe superstition can make things happen.

if it could the western world would not be where they are today, its high time people changed their orientation.

Thinkers are leaders

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by sinaj(f): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2019
Well, prayer works wonders for me.

When next you praying, pray for insight.

5 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by theapeman4: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:
I went to the Stadium yesterday to do some exercise,
While I was at it, A boys phone fell in a sealed gutter.He and his friend struggled to remove the phone with sticks but couldn't, I decided to help out...we tried and tried but couldn't, the Stadium was beginning to get scanty...

The boy gave up and said he would come back later in the day with a Big hammer to break the concrete,all the time we were there I was very optimistic we were going to remove the phone and I was assuring the boy not to worry that he was going to get his phone..

After thinking and trying again and again I almost gave up,but an idea came to my head, "if we can get an iron hanger we can remove the phone" I told the boy,but there was no where we could get a hanger there or any rod that could help...

I got frustrated within me and decided to pray in my mind for God to help us remove the phone. While I was praying in my mind the stick fell inside the gutter, So ran to get another stick...

As I came back with the stick I saw one of the boys trying to put a nylon in the gutter,So I asked what he was trying to do,He then said he got an idea that we should put a nylon in the gutter then push the phone with the stick into the nylon and then pull the nylon out with the stick...Immediately he said that I smiled smiley and called him a genius.

Just close to us was a cloth-like material I rushed to get it and told them this one will be better, In less than 5mins the phone was out...

On my way back home I was thinking of the whole experience, A thought came to my mind " You were busy praying while someone else was busy thinking ...It kept on reoccurring on my mind; I should have been the one to get that idea if I had spent more time thinking than praying ...But when I got home I said to myself God answered my prayers either ways.... But then why wasn't it through me...

Should I have thought more on getting solutions or trust in prayers...

Relate this to life generally, most times we have problems and instead of thinking of how to solve the problem we tend to just be praying without thinking
From this experience I've come to understand that when faced with life challenges we should think consciously on solving the problem without neglecting Prayers...

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL.
faith without work is useless!

you are busy praying while the others are busy trying to work things out!

praying have different form! don't be like those men working up and down shouting thinking there are praying!

praying is a form of communication! you may be communicating (praying) and also finding a solution.

9 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Stake2odds: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2019
God's ways are not our ways, your prayer worked but just not the way you expect it to.

6 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by BigNeek(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2019
Even God said people perish because of lack of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by shammahyaro(f): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2019
You prayed for a solution....
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by cana882(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2019
Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Mikora: 9:24am On Jan 13, 2019
So you want to stop praying abi? Very well then, good luck to you but I know that there a problems that even the best geniuses can't solve but God can do all things

4 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by joshmoy(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2019
Deeep!

Need a blog with domain name and hosting for 6,000 naira, check my signature or whatsapp 0 eight one 2 9 0 two three 9 2 0
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by udemzyudex(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2019
This your story reminds me of a story i read online, I can't remember everything but I'll try to explain.

There was a heavy flood and people where evacuated and this man climb to the top of the roof and was praying to God to come and rescue him...

Helicopter came to pick him but he refuse to follow,saying that God will rescue him, a boat came but he refuse, that was how he got drown and died.

God will not come down to help, he will send someone and that person might be you or someone else.
I believe God answered your prayers by through that boy by giving him an idea.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by slawomir: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2019
Isoright
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by InvertedHammer: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2019
/
Prayer is a lazy man's opium-- the solace of a man who has no confidence in his abilities. Prayers do not build bridges, road, iPhone, TV and other mundane materials that pretentious and prayerful Nigerians chase on a daily basis.

No country has ever prayed her way to greatness. They innovate. If action is needed in that process, no holds barred not excluding war.

If prayer is the key, Nigeria would be el Dorado. Don't forget that in Nigeria, God is only a means to an end. The true god that Nigerians (including the inglorious clergymen and women) worship is MONEY.

/

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by shortgun(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2019
God answered your prayer....Go and beg for forgiveness

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by bobolistica(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2019
God's way is not your way my brother...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Killer Tortoise" Found In A Bag Of Rice (Photo) / "I Had Cancer, Was Given 2 Months To Live, Jesus Healed Me" - Lady (Photos) / Songs That Makes You Feel God's Presence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.