Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking (30480 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Comment on Niger Crisis Got Me Thinking. / The Lover Boy Who Fell In Love With The Wrong Lover / See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by AngelicBeing: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2019
God is able to do exceedingly above what we ask or think according to the power that works in us says the Holy book, which invariably implies that prayers and thinking weighs the same before God cool
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by afroxyz: 9:28am On Jan 13, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
If I am understanding you right, the young man's idea to use the stick and the plastic bag together could not have been God's Answer to your prayer? If that is what you are saying, why are you saying it? Why is that not a way that God could have answered you?

oga use your sense. God has answered all your prayers but he wants you to use that thing between your eyes. even when he promised the the Israelites the promised land and anointed David as king, they still had to fight and overcome problems and obstacles in achieving God's promise. Even Jesus Christ that was prophesied to be the messiah still had to go through pain, trials and temptations to achieve his divine status. But a lot of people would be praying hoping for manna to fall from heaven.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by joshnnanna: 9:29am On Jan 13, 2019
God has diverse ways of answering our prayers. That he didn't use u to remove the phone didn't invalidate your prayer. "Nothing is given to any man except it's given from above" so the scriptures say.

Ask yourself why didn't the genius guy get the idea before u prayed ? Why did he get the idea just when u prayed? Maybe, just maybe if u hadn't prayed he may not have removed that phone.

God saw ur heart and ur desire to get the phone out and he did something about it. Do not give prayer a lesser credence becos u weren't the hero.

Why did the idea come to the other person just when u prayed? That's the question to answer. Have a good day!

2 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2019
theapeman4:
faith without work is useless!

you are busy praying while the others are busy trying to work things out!

praying have different form! don't be like those men working up and down shouting thinking there are praying!

praying is a form of communication! you may be communicating (praying) and also finding a solution.
I was actually doing both...
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by millionboi2: 9:29am On Jan 13, 2019
Somebody shout Hallelujah

2 Likes

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by tee83: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
If I am understanding you right, the young man's idea to use the stick and the plastic bag together could not have been God's Answer to your prayer? If that is what you are saying, why are you saying it? Why is that not a way that God could have answered you?

That's not what he meant. Two thing emerge from the concept. Praying and thinking at same time. You have to work with your prayers.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by williamdeluxe(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2019
Op u prayed for a solution,and God provided one..Sometimes wen we ask God 4 a solution tru us..he ends up providing solutions tru frnds,family and even strangers..sumtimes ur enemy...4 me i will say ur prayer got answered nd nt d oda way around
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by dorox(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2019
Would the boy still have come up with a solution to the problem if you had not prayed? If the answer is yes, that would make your prayer redundant with no real effect on the outcome of event but just words spoken into the wind.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by salbis(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2019
From your narration, your prayer has been answered, in a least way you expected. Do not forget that His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither His ways are our ways. You prayed and the other guy acted by faith!
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by hysteriabox(m): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:

I was very optimistic(In this context I should say I had FAITH) that I was going to remove the phone while I was trying because I prayed...but I didn't someone else did(Someone that was thinking while I was praying)
Nice read.
OP... There are two sides to this coin. Two things trigger the Divine... The power of God and faith in action(1 Pet 1) When you prayed, that was you triggering the power, your faith was demonstrated by your u relentless(and that of other parties involved) search for solution. Standing idle has never been seen as faith as far am concerned. And I think God wanted you to know that faith and its manifestations isn't limited to individuals like it is preached in churches today. In a divine orchestration, only God wins. So you prayed (Paul sowed), another found solution(Apollo watered) but God took the glory. Hebrews 11, the last verse paints the perfect picture
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by ukaface(f): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2019
were you praying for God to miraculously take the phone outta the gutter? no na
That's the problem,we pray a lot with no actions, we put everything to God's hand,I'm. sure if you all couldn't take the phone out,you wold have said that's God plan for the phone.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Wisper2jar(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2019
A very beautiful one OP... Thumps up!!
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2019
nanizle:
Prayer does absolutely nothing!

My dear, prayer is effective. Even if you don't believe it, you believe in the power of positive thinking and declaration don't you?. You believe when you confess or profess positive into your life, you bring to yourself positive energies and vibes that translate to positive occurrence around you?.

However, many religious nuisance and extrements use that power amiss. God give many people and nations including Nigeria brains(human capital), resources and everything to prosper as a nation, but we keep praying on a daily basis for God to do for us what he has given us the resources to do for ourselves. Many religious extremists would rather foolishly and lazily rely on God for miracles rather than put their brains and hands to work to get them what they want. Our Politicians and religious leaders will continue to exploit their ignorant members. They will continue to enrich themselves while subject their ignorant members to perpetual slavery and dependence on them so that they will not loose their cash cows. For example how people especially highly educated, widely travelled and enlightened people will ever believe some tithes, first offering work when prosperity is not and never exclusive rights of some religion. How youths will fight themselves over APC and PDP Buhari and Atiku when it is clear that these two folks don't give a damn about them when there are other options on ground.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Nemie: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:
I went to the Stadium yesterday to do some exercise,
While I was at it, A boys phone fell in a sealed gutter.He and his friend struggled to remove the phone with sticks but couldn't, I decided to help out...we tried and tried but couldn't, the Stadium was beginning to get scanty...

The boy gave up and said he would come back later in the day with a Big hammer to break the concrete,all the time we were there I was very optimistic we were going to remove the phone and I was assuring the boy not to worry that he was going to get his phone..

After thinking and trying again and again I almost gave up,but an idea came to my head, "if we can get an iron hanger we can remove the phone" I told the boy,but there was no where we could get a hanger there or any rod that could help...

I got frustrated within me and decided to pray in my mind for God to help us remove the phone. While I was praying in my mind the stick fell inside the gutter, So ran to get another stick...

As I came back with the stick I saw one of the boys trying to put a nylon in the gutter,So I asked what he was trying to do,He then said he got an idea that we should put a nylon in the gutter then push the phone with the stick into the nylon and then pull the nylon out with the stick...Immediately he said that I smiled smiley and called him a genius.

Just close to us was a cloth-like material I rushed to get it and told them this one will be better, In less than 5mins the phone was out...

On my way back home I was thinking of the whole experience, A thought came to my mind " You were busy praying while someone else was busy thinking ...It kept on reoccurring on my mind; I should have been the one to get that idea if I had spent more time thinking than praying ...But when I got home I said to myself God answered my prayers either ways.... But then why wasn't it through me...

Should I have thought more on getting solutions or trust in prayers...

Relate this to life generally, most times we have problems and instead of thinking of how to solve the problem we tend to just be praying without thinking
From this experience I've come to understand that when faced with life challenges we should think consciously on solving the problem without neglecting Prayers...

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL.

I think you failed to consider that God doesn't do His will our way. That being said, it's very possible that the other person may not have had that idea if you didn't pray. Don't be quick to jump into conclusion, as the Bible rightly said, every good gift comes from God. So please do not expect that God will always answer you the way you expect. That is one of the leading causes of disappointment among Christians today. God bless you and keep the faith alive
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by showafrica(m): 9:37am On Jan 13, 2019
You people should stop disturbing God on minor things.. The brain is a sophisticated machine and its meant for thinking. The only time I pray to God is when science fails.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Chukabiz1961(m): 9:38am On Jan 13, 2019
You can as well ask, why was it Moses that God used to fee the Israelites from the land of Egypt? God can use any body or thing to answer our prayers.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2019
Shows how useless prayer is. Engage your mind on procuring solutions instead of appealing to invisible mythical beings.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by riversatikulate: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2019
Ehiscotch:

It is because God didn't use him to retrieve the phone but the other guy. The OP wanted to be the hero (the solutionist) but God chose to use the other guy and the op is now reconsidering his stance on prayer.

That has been the major problem with the Blacks. I did by myself no team work.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Domwiz4all(m): 9:39am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:

Lols...
You're right bro...
I wanted the phone to come out first before being the Hero...
Let's take for instance your wife is very sick in the hospital and needs money for treatment and you dont have at the moment,though you're assuring your wife you were going to bring the money before the week runs out..hoping to make a sale within the week to foot the hospital bill; and you prayed For God to help you...Unfortunately two weeks passed you didn't make the expected sales; Her friend now decided to help with the bill how would you feel, be sincere to yourself...
God can choose whatever way He likes to answer prayer. His ways aren't ours. Besides what made you believe the young lad that brought out the phone didn't pray. He could had said short prayer before thinking while you were there praying and waiting for God to reveal to you how to go about it.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:40am On Jan 13, 2019
ukaface:
were you praying for God to miraculously take the phone outta the gutter? no na
That's the problem,we pray a lot with no actions, we put everything to God's hand,I'm. sure if you all couldn't take the phone out,you wold have said that's God plan for the phone.
I wouldn't have said that...
And hey I was busy trying to remove the phone while praying in my mind...
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by metroid(m): 9:42am On Jan 13, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
I believe that all power, all intuition is from the same source. Your brain (the transmitter) was not tuned to the right frequency so the info sought out a more receptive transmitter -- the other guy's brain.

Wetin I dey talk self?

Perfect sense

While he was broadcasting, the other guy was receiving grin

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Btruth: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2019
As the Bible says, Faith without work/actions is dead. Pray always, but be more active.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2019
Domwiz4all:

God can choose whatever way He likes to answer prayer. His ways aren't ours. Besides what made you believe the young lad that brought out the phone didn't pray. He could had said short prayer before thinking while you were there praying and waiting for God to reveal to you how to go about it.
Come to think of it he might have prayed in his mind too...
But I don't think he did smiley
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by alBHAGDADI: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:

I got frustrated within me and decided to pray in my mind for God to help us remove the phone. While I was praying in my mind the stick fell inside the gutter, So ran to get another stick...

God answered your prayer, but your selfish person wanted the praise for himself. Had it been God placed that idea in your head, those boys would have thanked and praised you and your proud self won't have rendered it onto God who inspired you.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:45am On Jan 13, 2019
Btruth:
As the Bible says, Faith without work/actions is dead. Pray always, but be more active.

Happy Sunday.
Thank you my brother be more active ...
ie Pray 5mins work 5hours right

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by danvon(m): 9:45am On Jan 13, 2019
Your walking on the road, someone's phone fell into the gutter

'Next time don't be so careless' -The End

what's my business
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:
I went to the Stadium yesterday to do some exercise,
While I was at it, A boys phone fell in a sealed gutter.He and his friend struggled to remove the phone with sticks but couldn't, I decided to help out...we tried and tried but couldn't, the Stadium was beginning to get scanty...

The boy gave up and said he would come back later in the day with a Big hammer to break the concrete,all the time we were there I was very optimistic we were going to remove the phone and I was assuring the boy not to worry that he was going to get his phone..

After thinking and trying again and again I almost gave up,but an idea came to my head, "if we can get an iron hanger we can remove the phone" I told the boy,but there was no where we could get a hanger there or any rod that could help...

As I came back with the stick I saw one of the boys trying to put a nylon in the gutter,So I asked what he was trying to do,He then said he got an idea that we should put a nylon in the gutter then push the phone with the stick into the nylon and then pull the nylon out with the stick...Immediately he said that I smiled smiley and called him a genius.

Just close to us was a cloth-like material I rushed to get it and told them this one will be better, In less than 5mins the phone was out...

On my way back home I was thinking of the whole experience, A thought came to my mind " You were busy praying while someone else was busy thinking ...It kept on reoccurring on my mind; I should have been the one to get that idea if I had spent more time thinking than praying ...But when I got home I said to myself God answered my prayers either ways.... But then why wasn't it through me...

Should I have thought more on getting solutions or trust in prayers...

Relate this to life generally, most times we have problems and instead of thinking of how to solve the problem we tend to just be praying without thinking
From this experience I've come to understand that when faced with life challenges we should think consciously on solving the problem without neglecting Prayers...

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL.
You prayed for help, your prayer was answered. It doesn't matter who it worked through.
It could also be that the other guy prayed too.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by Fesline(m): 9:47am On Jan 13, 2019
PRAYING BRINGS ABOUT THINKING....AND ALSO THINKING CAN ALSO BRING ABOUT PRAYING...THEY WORK TOGETHER...
before you pray...you have think first that IT is what you should do next..
and also when you dont know what to do sometimes THEN you pray and it can provoke good and wisdom answers..
so i go with the two..but the most strongest is to think pray and think..thanks.

1 Like

Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by rayopt(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2019
see me see trouble ooo. . atheist and useless thought life!

you prayed, he thought. .the phone came out!

why bother about what actually removed it? whether it's your prayer or your work, as long as you've gotten it, onto the next one Biko!

move on bro!
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

God answered your prayer, but your selfish person wanted the praise for himself. Had it been God placed that idea in your head, those boys would have thanked and praised you and your proud self won't have rendered it onto God who inspired you.
I wish you knew me in person smiley
Had it been God placed the idea in my head, I would have been very happy(not proud)and certain that GOD answered my prayers, and even thank him and give him all the glory...

*NB They thanked all the same.
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by smat101(m): 9:54am On Jan 13, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
I believe that all power, all intuition is from the same source. Your brain (the transmitter) was not tuned to the right frequency so the info sought out a more receptive transmitter -- the other guy's brain.

Wetin I dey talk self?
grin grin grin ...
Very hilarious, but it makes sense
Re: A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking by alBHAGDADI: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2019
smat101:

I wish you knew me in person smiley
Had it been God placed the idea in my head, I would have been very happy(not proud)and certain that GOD answered my prayers, and even thank him and give him all the glory...

*NB They thanked all the same.

Then why bring your disappoint here?

God saw your heart far more than you see it. The fact that you came here to complain is enough to prove God right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Killer Tortoise" Found In A Bag Of Rice (Photo) / Songs That Makes You Feel God's Presence? / "I Had Cancer, Was Given 2 Months To Live, Jesus Healed Me" - Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.