Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria (24130 Views)

Anto Lecky Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degree By ISCOM University, Cotonou / Anto Lecky Wears Python Round Her Neck (PHOTOS) / Anto Lecky Involved In Car Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by GistMore: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2019
Former big brother reality show contestant, Anto Lecky, reveals how parents raised them like children living in Nigeria despite being brought in the U.S according to her recent interview with Punch.

Read her interview with Punch below...

Background

I am from a Muslim home and I was raised in the United States of America. My parents practically raised us like children living in Nigeria, though we enjoyed the social amenities in America. We ate Nigerian food, knelt down to greet elders and bathed with buckets. We were guarded when it came to the friends we kept and our parents made sure we didn’t take our studies lightly. I have four siblings – three girls and a boy. I am the third child. My parents are from Edo State.

Education

Thanks to my Nigerian parents and their focus on education. I was considered a gifted and talented student from when I was little. For my university education, I attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where I studied Exercise and Sports Science. I got a Master from the DeVos Sports Business Management Programme at the University of Central Florida. I graduated with dual master’s degrees – Master of Business Administration and Master of Sports Business Management.

Childhood ambitions

Growing up, I thought I would become a surgeon. However, I got involved in sports in high school and I fell in love with it. Though I still went to the university with the intention to read medicine, I fully changed my mind once I started taking “those difficult” science courses. I decided to study sports because I was a fan and sport in America has always been a big business. But over the years, I realised that sport is one of the few things on earth that can connect people of diverse backgrounds. People’s love for sport is what we need in all facets of life.

Parental support

I think my parents would have preferred that I studied medicine. Years after getting my masters, my dad would still bring up the issue of medical school. But now, my dad usually jokes that I have made more money in my short career than he has in all his years of working.

BBN

Big Brother Naija changed my life for the better. But it is annoying when people, who don’t know me, talk about me. I don’t regret taking part in the show but I do miss my days as a salary earner at times. The joy of being paid every month is exciting, but there is nothing like being your own boss. The greatest thing I learnt in BBNaija was that I could relate with people younger than me. Many people in the house were like my younger siblings. I still hang out with them like friends and I don’t have to play the big sister role unless it’s needed. Given a chance to go back to the house, I wouldn’t have done anything differently except taking home the grand prize. I could have been wilder or more reserved but it wouldn’t have necessarily made me win the prize. I’m now winning in life and that’s the most important thing.

Current projects

I hope to work on bigger and better projects that would increase my earnings. I plan to do more work outside of Nigeria to expose our country to the world. Since I left BBN, I’ve been living my best life, trying my hands on all my dreams and seeing what works best for me. I’ve been acting, modelling, hosting and changing the world.

Controversy

Since I don’t know the lady (TV personality, Shade Ladipo) who said I would be forgotten soon, I’m not worried about her opinion. People were more insulted by her comment than I was. Let’s just hope she never needs me for anything in the future because I can be very petty.

Role models

I love Genevieve Nnaji because she is classic and timeless. She has been in the industry for years and she is still loved by many. She is also a silent achiever; she is doing her best to put Nigeria on the international scene.

Also, I met Toke Makinwa recently and I admire how she is focused on her business and life. Regardless of what people may think or say about her, she does what makes her happy.

Personality

Most times, I would rather keep to myself. But when it’s time to have fun, I take part as well. I’m very focused on my personal growth and happiness. I am not bothered about the opinions people have of me.

Relationship

I am a private person when it comes to my relationship. I like people to respect that.

Relaxation

This is something I struggle with. I love to read but sometimes, reading feels like a chore. I would love to visit the beach every week, but I have lots of things ahead of me.

Fashion

I wear what I like. I love T-shirts and jeans, but I don’t mind rocking a beautiful gown when the need arises.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/even-in-us-my-parents-raised-us-like-children-living-in-nigeria-anto-lecky/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by GistMore: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2019
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Tamarapetty(f): 9:32am On Jan 13, 2019
Anto with the accent.

9 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Mintygod: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2019
Eyan story teller undecidedEyan story teller

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Ehiscotch(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2019
Sorry, what is your work?

19 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 9:59am On Jan 13, 2019
story story
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by rentAcock(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
Stupid girl, you got the opportunity of a life time to migrate to the U.S and all you could do is study Exercise and Sports Science? Like what kind of stupid course is that? If not because I looked it up afterwards, I would've thought you made it up. You think you can go to the white man's land and study a stupid course like that and expect the white man to give you, a black woman, the lucrative jobs first before their white citizens? Silly girl, how many times have you seen a black person roll up on the pitch to attend to an injured football player? Now you can't get any job in America, you have carried your asewo yansh to run back to Nigeria hoping people will buy what you are selling.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
Even in Nigeria my parents raised us like the Americans.
What's the physical proof

Just look at her knuckles, very disgusting thing..

This slowpoke wan use style tell us she was born in the U.S and obviously an American citizen.
Well my own parents later relocated and obtained dual citizenship from the U.S and that makes me an automatic citizen of America. It ain't news to me tho so anto abi na totoh go park for gutter.

11 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Auxtin85(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
She try, but you get one kind shape wey I nor like at all

5 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by wiseone28: 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
what am i reading
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by ClearFlair: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
What is Nigeria’s major export?
How much does it sell for internationally now compared to when PDP was in power?
You now see that Nigeria doesn’t make as much money as under PDP. Now add that to the massive corruption under PDP governments. Nigeria had an empty treasury when Buhari came in. If PDP had won that election, Nigeria would have been like Somalia by now. You want someone to repair a damage of 16 years in 4 years when he didn’t even have the resources because PDP stole it all.

1 Like

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by landmark86: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
The only lady I respected much in BBN 2018
Unlike khloe that behave like a DOG
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by ItzBIM(m): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Judging by ur career choice

They clearly failed u

2 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Sobwe should boil Turmeric?

4 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
It's only a foolish parent that will watch a kid grow without training
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
My parents practically raised us like children living in Nigeria, though we enjoyed the social amenities in America. We ate Nigerian food, knelt down to greet elders and bathed with buckets. We were guarded when it came to the friends we kept and our parents made sure we didn’t take our studies lightly. I have four siblings – three girls and a boy. I am the third child. My parents are from Edo State.

Good of them!
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
Who cares about your life useless bìtch
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Hector09(m): 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
How can u tell a living being that she we soon be forgoten, all these radio and tv presenter in nigeria act as an assistant God and deputy jesus

3 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
Tamarapetty:
Anto with the accent.
She gat one of the best Nigerian accent.
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 12:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
Tamarapetty:
Anto with the accent.
like your igbotic accent
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Teibaba(m): 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
Endtime world changer
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by agylistic77: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
Since she raised u as if u are Nigeria.let me kukuma ask u this question.
*Can u pound yam.
*Do u know how to fetch water from water from well.
*Do u call ur senior aunty or uncle.
*Can u tell ur elder sorry for farting not minding the odour.
*Will u take your husband as ur king when married.
*Does she compared you with others
*Did she tell you to disliked some tribe because tribalism is killing us in this country.... There are still more questions to ask you but let keep my pen here.

3 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by cheleku(m): 12:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pentools:
Even in Nigeria my parents raised us like the Americans.
What's the physical proof

Just look at her knuckles, very disgusting thing..

This slowpoke wan use style tell us she was born in the U.S and obviously an American citizen.
Well my own parents later relocated and obtained dual citizenship from the U.S and that makes me an automatic citizen of America. It ain't news to me tho so anto abi na totoh go park for gutter.

You're a disgusting specimen of a human being..Imagine the level of hate for someone you've probably never met..

You accuse her of showing off her American citizenship when you just did the very same thing in your post. Hypocrite.

19 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Triangles1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
The way they take USA as if there's no poor people there.

Some people found it difficult to pay house rent and some sleep under bridge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerian parents are fond of that. In the uk most 9ja kids never go to uni in same place as their parents. Japa tins
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Divay22(f): 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
Khloe comma write your own o grin grin cheesy
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Ayobami7(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
好的
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by cheleku(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
rentAcock:
Stupid girl, you got the opportunity of a life time to migrate to the U.S and all you could do is study Exercise and Sports Science? Like what kind of stupid course is that? If not because I looked it up afterwards, I would've thought you made it up. You think you can go to the white man's land and study a stupid course like that and expect the white man to give you, a black woman, the lucrative jobs first before their white citizens? Silly girl, how many times have you seen a black person roll up on the pitch to attend to an injured football player? Now you can't get any job in America, you have carried your asewo yansh to run back to Nigeria hoping people will buy what you are selling.

You've probably never left the shores of this country, you may never even leave.

And you're here bashing someone that studied a course of her liking in one of America's best public universities.

How should it be your business what she studied or if she doesn't have a job. You're very jealous and wicked person. I fear for your friends, you'll be green with envy every time they achieve something meaningful.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
cheleku:

You're a disgusting specimen of a human being..Imagine the level of hate for someone you've probably never met..

You accuse her of showing off her American citizenship when you just did the very same thing in your post. Hypocrite.

Lolz....I'm not hating and never will I neither am I showing mine bro cus I've got nothing to gain showing it not even on this platform.

Wetin I wan meet her for, I'm not in the league of "abeg make we snap pix, I'm a fan" poo like most of u do to this cheap celebs.

Have actually stayed with her on same flight twice, Abuja to Lagos, her attitude is horrible and that's what I'm mad at not her as a person.

No dey believe every teeth people shine for SM hence taking them to be nice.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by chloride6: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
I mean i understand..

Would they also switch off the light for 16 hours everyday?
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
Bathed with buckets in the US? Hmmmmmm
Re: Anto Lecky: Even In US, My Parents Raised Us Like Children Living In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mad people plenty for Nairaland sha. Look at those idiots hating on this lady.
Nice interview. As for those OAPs abi wetin dem dey call them, many of them are block-heads.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actor Pete Eneh Loses Leg To Infection / Richard Mofe-damijo Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today / Mercy Johnson Replies Fan Disappointed Over Her Not Sharing Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.