Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen (22422 Views)

Confusion Over CJN’s ‘resignation’ - The Nation / BREAKING: EU ‘very Concerned’ Over CJN Onnoghen’s Suspension / BREAKING: PDP Suspends 2019 Presidential Campaign Over CJN Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by michoim(m): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2019
I guess there is more to this. For PDP that we all know from Atiku, PDP chairman, PDP governors etc to be shouting in favour of the CJN; then we should understand PDP must have strike a deal with the CJN which APC is aware of...PDP can never be straightforward

2 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Moukandjo: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2019
four4:
then all the criminalz, arm robbers, yahoo boiz etc facing criminal charges should be suspended cos election is around the corner
Bro, you dey mind that one! You suppose don know by now that the PDP sycophants are the dumbest set of humans!
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by unite4real: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2019
post=74716612:
Onnoghen’s arraignment was sequel to a petition filed by a civil society group, Anti-Corruption and Research Based Data Initiative (ARDI), accusing the CJN of false asset declaration and other sundry allegations.

He is also being accused of maintaining Domiciliary Accounts which comprised Dollar Account, Pound Sterling Account and Euro Account which were alleged to be contrary to relevant laws, especially for public office holders.

It was also learnt that the FG in addition plan to file a motion on notice praying the tribunal to order the CJN to vacate office and recuse himself from any aspect of the case as chairman of the National Judicial Council so as to prevent alleged interference in his arraignment and trial.

We hope that the right judgement be delivered at the end of it all.
A better Nigeria is all we want.

God bless Nigeria

That's why people need to read and understand the Genesis of the petition instead of shouting Buhari. Same people where saying that the IGP should be removed even when some felt, it won't be proper to do that because of the closeness of the general election.

I really don't know what people want.

Since the CJN has played into this and if there is no immunity covering him and the government looks the other side, it will still be a talking point against Buhari on the fight against corruption.

The only one I pity for is Atiku who should have just kept quiet. His kicking against the law against the CJN corruption matter even when the CJN did not deny it, will put Atiku in a bad light and reminding Nigerians on PDP's love for corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by humberjade: 11:42am On Jan 13, 2019
Nobody is even asking the real question gangan...where did this man get all those money? Does his salary within the time-frame come close to those figures? I can now see why corrupt people are not bn jailed...Every sector in d country is riddled with corruption.

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by do4luv14(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
No blaze happening grin

See, i know Buhari wants to rig (everyone does) by having INEC + IGP + CJN....

But why the fvck will a CJN forget to disclose $700k out of $740k found in his account ? Since 2005 ?

$740,000 = N226 million by the way...Someone here even said $ 3 million

I don't blame Buhari at all, the CJN delivered himself into the hands of his "enemies"

so he can't have such sums in his acct
since 2005, if I might ask how much was his salary, since then,

they just come up with senseless charge,
the banks had policy, why doesn't they raise an alarm when the said sums, was being deposited in their banks?,

and an international bank for that matter
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by godquality: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2019
This is the only write-up till date that have substance with its criticism of this govt In my book.

FKK and Reno should learn from this guy. When you criticise like this even those supporting the present govt and those neutrals like myself can stop and think real hard b4 commenting or making a decision on who to vote for.

But what most of this critics do, is just throw insults that whatever message they are trying to pass get lost.
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by banggy: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2019
Some people are just stupid. How does someone facing charges for crime committed tantamount to setting the country ablaze?

During Ade osun nysc saga, no one shouted setting the country ablaze.... This country self, hypocrisy every where esp among the IBO xtain

Let the man face judgement if found guilty... no monopoly of judgement, what is good for the goose should also be met ted on the gander.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Jolite(m): 11:53am On Jan 13, 2019
HEY KEEP QUIET,THIS IS JUST CHANGE PART ONE AND YOU PEOPLE ARE SHOUTING, OK, IAM GOING TO UNLEACH THE DRAGON COME 29 MAY THIS YEAR CHANGE PART 2 TITLED NEXT LEVEL, THAT'S WHEN YOU PEOPLE WILL KNOW IF IAM JUBRIL SUDAN OR BUHARI NIGERIA,YOU ONLY KNOWS HOW TO HARVEST BUT KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT CULTIVATION,YOUR FATHER SHOULD TELL YOU MORE OF ME. voice of the no nonsense general.PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by onmyowncj: 11:55am On Jan 13, 2019
This govment is using its power only against opposition,this issue is too trivial to remove a personality as cjn,who arraigned d president when he travled for almost hundred days or more than,didnt d law forbid unhealthy person as president,but nigeria is still managing him like that,someone should tell this govnt to fight corruption wholistically and not as a weapon against opposition,since fighting corruption is its only vision
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Moukandjo: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2019
The country didn't go ablaze when the ineffectual buffoon from Otuoke disgraced Justice Ayo Salami, a Yoruba man & a northerner, out of office then. Na now the country go go ablaze, ba?
Our daft PDP sycophants will never cease to amaze us!

2 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Ihsan6(m): 11:59am On Jan 13, 2019
"Hypocrites who hounded Kemi Adeosun until she dropped her resignation letter for an NYSC certificate are already on overdrive quoting judicial 7 Books of Moses to defend a CJN who’s now pleading culpability by ignorance"
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Vickthore: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jowanson:

Nobody is saying buhari should not do what he wants to do but he should do it by following due process...why bypassing the NJC? Remember the judiciary is suppose to be independent.. Appointment in that area is based on nomination from NJC..you can opine otherwise but this is my opinion.
because, he is going to b d chair of NJC. U can't b a judge on ur own case, dt z not fair

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Mayormanuel: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
is already ablaze pls put more
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Vickthore: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
Moukandjo:
The country didn't go ablaze when the ineffectual buffoon from Otuoke disgraced Justice Ayo Salami, a Yoruba man & a northerner, out of office then. Na now the country go go ablaze, ba?
Our daft PDP sycophants will never cease to amaze us!
Tell them oo
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Ahmeduana(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
NessaBoo:
Please let's always try to reason beyond sentiments, the CJN has admitted he forgot to make declaration of his assets, he also faulted himself that he did not include his standard chartered bank accounts in SCN 000014 because he believed they were not opened.(Ignorance is not an excuse to escape liability for violating the law) as a Chief Justice, he knows this.

Now a balance of N3, 221,807.05, $164,804.82, 55,154.56 Euros were respectively found in those accounts and he has been scheduled for arraignment at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, just as the law stipulates, and everybody is raising propaganda on his behalf, when the man himself is not.
The CJN has the resources to defend himself abeg.

If the opposition had been the one to level this allegations against the CJN and Buhari failed to do anything, you guys would still cite his failure to act this close to elections, because the CJN is an ally he wants to use at Tribunals.
PLEASE KINDLY SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH, WHERE AND WHEN DID CJN ADMITTED THAT HE MADE MISTAKES OF NOT DECLARING, as at yesterday his spokesperson says up till yesterday they've not seen any indictment or summon from judicial council..
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by bodmasfem(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
zombieTRACKER:
the country has never been this divided under any president ever...

Buhari is a nepotic dullard

if there is anyone dividing the country, it the PDP and the iPod because of their properganders

2 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by pellummy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
I think say our Mumu don do, nah e neva do, come February,
I will vote not party Buhari belongs to, neither saraki....

Can u imagine CJ of Nigeria, he should have resigned the moment the scandal surface, but in Africa here, such a thing is alright,

I think the president office has the right to remove the CJ of the Nation,

But why?!!!!! Leas than 40 days to election.

We are not smart enough to see some move on the chessboard.
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Olumeme: 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
four4:
Thinking and acting like this, Nigeria can never get better, I think what we should be clamouring for is the prosecution of those found wanting in ruling parting. Somebody admitted that he forgot to declared all his asset which is against the law, cos ignorance does not concerns laws.

Not when the president has corrupt people and rogues around him.
If you want to be taken seriously, you have to be fair and just.
You can't house criminals and expect people to help you chase criminals.

The way and manner they want to arraign the CJN is suspicious, petition was written on 7th they received 9th and want to start prosecution 14th, less than 40 days to the election... Hehehehehehehehehe, think am
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Banter1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
#NextLevel wether they likes it or not.
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Vickthore: 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Jowanson:

I bloody don't care about the judges issues but what am worried about is the speed to convicting him without a due process....

I feel they wanna nail him because of the court outcomes of rivers APC crisis....I have a strong feeling that its not unconnected...OK when the former finance minister declared a fake NYSC document , after she was busted, what did they do to her? Nothing.... They packaged her properly and made her leave for the
UK.... What of babachir...has he been arraigned? Its the double standards that also gives a huge concern
At least, she left

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by bodmasfem(m): 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
Maket:
Niger Delta militant will release statement soon.

is that the way you PDPs want to divide the country, by using the militants?

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
Hello nairalanders...let's say hypothetically speaking , if one would wish to join BMC... how would he go about it??... (hypothetically).....

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Olumeme: 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
pellummy:
I think say our Mumu don do, nah e neva do, come February,
I will vote not party Buhari belongs to, neither saraki....

Can u imagine CJ of Nigeria, he should have resigned the moment the scandal surface, but in Africa here, such a thing is alright,

I think the president office has the right to remove the CJ of the Nation,

But why?!!!!! Leas than 40 days to election.

We are not smart enough to see some move on the chessboard.

Did buhari resigned when he was accused of not having WAEC?
Did Osinbajo resigned when he was fingered in NEMA embezzlement?

Until we start treating all of them the same way and not set double standards, that's when we'll make progress.

If buhari didn't resign, why should CJN?

1 Like

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by planetx: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
I don't care if the CJN is guilty, I support him because he his a Southerner and fvck Jibrin and his a.boki government. Go preach your useless rule of law to this idiots that have Northernised 99% of all public appointments at the federal level, I could care less if the CJN is corrupt but I still support him.
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by NessaBoo(f): 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ahmeduana:

PLEASE KINDLY SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH, WHERE AND WHEN DID CJN ADMITTED THAT HE MADE MISTAKES OF NOT DECLARING, as at yesterday his spokesperson says up till yesterday they've not seen any indictment or summon from judicial council..

Normally I wouldn't indulge you because you're clearly uncouth and rude, neither will I trade words with you, but please kindly go and check Mr Onnoghen PERSONAL statement dated January 11 in his response to the CCB query.(Not his spokesperson) The snippet of his statements are all over the internet, a simple search of it would have cured your folly and ignorance.

Have a nice Sunday!!

5 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by sleemomymy: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
NessaBoo:
Please let's always try to reason beyond sentiments, the CJN has admitted he forgot to make declaration of his assets, he also faulted himself that he did not include his standard chartered bank accounts in SCN 000014 because he believed they were not opened.(Ignorance is not an excuse to escape liability for violating the law) as a Chief Justice, he knows this.

Now a balance of N3, 221,807.05, $164,804.82, 55,154.56 Euros were respectively found in those accounts and he has been scheduled for arraignment at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, just as the law stipulates, and everybody is raising propaganda on his behalf, when the man himself is not.
The CJN has the resources to defend himself abeg.

If the opposition had been the one to level this allegations against the CJN and Buhari failed to do anything, you guys would still cite his failure to act this close to elections, because the CJN is an ally he wants to use at Tribunals.
This the country we find ourselves my brother, our reasoning is clouded by religion and tribal sentiment. May God help us.God bless Nigeria. Good bless Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by Omooniya1: 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2019
Let them continued to think one-sided...the man in question already admitted to it..... What is Buhari Buhari blindfolded people are shouting... Independent organization that sue CJN in CCT

four4:
Thinking and acting like this, Nigeria can never get better, I think what we should be clamouring for is the prosecution of those found wanting in ruling parting. Somebody admitted that he forgot to declared all his asset which is against the law, cos ignorance does not concerns laws.
Re: Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen by SmilingMary(m): 12:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No 5 Million Votes For Buhari In Kano - PDP Mock APC, Buhari For Renting Crowds / Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North / Japa: Reps Vote Against Anti — Migration Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.