Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit (452 Views)

Apostle Chinyere Builds 18 Free Estates For The Poor In Rivers State (Photos) / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / What Does It Mean To Be Poor In The Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit by daveycruise(m): 10:49am On Jan 13, 2019
Good day all, so I came across this Bible passage that says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of God".

Please, What does Jesus mean by the phrase "Poor in Spirit"?
Re: Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit by godwinstringed1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
daveycruise:
Good day all, so I came across this Bible passage that says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of God".

Please, What does Jesus mean by the phrase "Poor in Spirit"?

Thanks for this question.
He refers to the inquisitive believer who humbly aims at knowing more about the kingdom to pursue more holiness - just as a baby seeks refuge constantly
Re: Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit by daveycruise(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
godwinstringed1:

Thanks for this question.
He refers to the inquisitive believer who humbly aims at knowing more about the kingdom to pursue more holiness - just as a baby seeks refuge constantly

Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit by godwinstringed1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
daveycruise:

Thanks a lot for your response.
You're welcome! Are you fully cleared please?

I noticed there are several strange humans on NL recently.

Be careful on how you read Atheists posts. Most ain't humans on NL. Please don't forget that believers are not in any religion
Re: Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit by daveycruise(m): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
godwinstringed1:

You're welcome! Are you fully cleared please?

I noticed there are several strange humans on NL recently.

Be careful on how you read Atheists posts. Most ain't humans on NL. Please don't forget that believers are not in any religion

Thank you for asking, im fully cleared and I'm wary of those posts.
God bless you Sir
Re: Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit by Kobojunkie: 5:39am On Jan 19
daveycruise:
Good day all, so I came across this Bible passage that says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of God". Please, What does Jesus mean by the phrase "Poor in Spirit"?
Those who are in spirit are those who are born-again aka born of water AND born of Spirit. As Jesus Christ explained, it is only those who are born-again that are born of Spirit. Now, as to the meaning of the particular beatitude, recall that Jesus Christ said that those who belong to Him should store their treasures in Heaven and not here on Earth where the moths and termites eat them up. Well, the "poor in spirit" refers to the born-agains, who in obedience to Jesus Christ's teachings, continually resist the urge to amass wealth for themselves here on earth as commanded. They continually put to work His teaching commanding them to give even the little they have to those who need it. To them, Jesus Christ says the Kingdom of God belongs. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Storms Nazareth For Two Day Power Packed In June / Leah Shaibu’s Story. What Would You Have Done? Be Honest. / Humans Walking Amongst Us Not Created By God.(satanic Breed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.