Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? (971 Views)

What's Your Take In Lending Your Partner Money? / Is It A Bad Idea To Have Sex With Your Neighbor / Where Do You Draw The Line When Giving Your Partner Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by thoughtT: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Loans have been the cause of many a relationship conflict, so many people like to skirt around this issue.

What do you think? Are you comfortable lending your partner money, no matter how long you’ve been together or how much he or she needs. Do you have any rules you follow when it comes to loans between lovers?

Leave your thoughts, opinions and comments on this issue as we also share opinions of others below.

Idakwo Abdullahi

“I can’t borrow her, I better give her because it is my responsibility and duty to take care of her”.

Owolabi Azeez

” I can but I will never ask, even if she proposes to make refunds, I will reject it”.

Ajayi Oreoluwa

“I can’t let go.. I will make sure I collect it o but not until I know he’s financially buoyant”.

Shuhu Barbara

” It depends on the understanding in the relationship. If my guy is having problem, he can confide in me and if I have at that moment, I will ‘give’ him, not lend him. Relationship has to be 50-50 because he spends on me too and I shouldn’t just leave him during his trying times and for the fact that we both have an income, we must be able to spend on ourselves..we mustn’t wait till either of us is dead broke “.

More opinions of people here:
https://newpostng.com/2019/01/12/is-it-ever-a-good-idea-to-loan-your-partner-money/
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
I can only give out what I can let go. So No angry

Paxie05 happy Sunday.
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by madridguy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
See woman comment

Ajayi Oreoluwa

“I can’t let go.. I will make sure I collect it o
but not until I know he’s financially buoyant”.
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Hector09(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2019
I dont ve partner bt whenever my sibilings ask me for loan, if they ask for 1k i we dash them 500 naira cus if i gv them d 1k i we never ask them to pay me back
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by nifemi25(m): 12:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
I only give a loan that I can easily forget..... I can't come and loose either my life or my kids simply because of a loan to a friend....
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by netx(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
What's your major business challange? pls share https://www.nairaland.com/4947404/please-share-business-challanges
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mouth wey dem use borrow am no be the mouth wey dem dey use pay am.
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by itiswellandwell: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
Hmm
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Headlesschicken(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
undecided I do borrow Dem Sha,it depends on the level of understanding of u too...
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Randy100: 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
Not a good ideas from my experience women don't always pay back.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
I'm responsible for her...I should better give than borrow
thoughtT:
Loans have been the cause of many a relationship conflict, so many people like to skirt around this issue.

What do you think? Are you comfortable lending your partner money, no matter how long you’ve been together or how much he or she needs. Do you have any rules you follow when it comes to loans between lovers?

Leave your thoughts, opinions and comments on this issue as we also share opinions of others below.

Idakwo Abdullahi

“I can’t borrow her, I better give her because it is my responsibility and duty to take care of her”.

Owolabi Azeez

” I can but I will never ask, even if she proposes to make refunds, I will reject it”.

Ajayi Oreoluwa

“I can’t let go.. I will make sure I collect it o but not until I know he’s financially buoyant”.

Shuhu Barbara

” It depends on the understanding in the relationship. If my guy is having problem, he can confide in me and if I have at that moment, I will ‘give’ him, not lend him. Relationship has to be 50-50 because he spends on me too and I shouldn’t just leave him during his trying times and for the fact that we both have an income, we must be able to spend on ourselves..we mustn’t wait till either of us is dead broke “.

https://newpostng.com/2019/01/12/is-it-ever-a-good-idea-to-loan-your-partner-money/
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by pansophist(m): 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2019
MariaLavina:
I can only give out what I can let go. So no

Depends on the definition of partner. If the partner is a spouse, a baby mama, a long term faithful girlfriend with tight knitted life together, then yea, I'll lend. Partners should enjoy special privileges, and this is one of it.

The idea of giving only money I can't afford to loose applies only to friends that have no passed the test of time, and have a proven record of irresponsibility. As a community, we won't go far if we treat each other like these.
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
pansophist:

Depends on the definition of partner. If the partner is a spouse, a baby mama, a long term faithful girlfriend with tight knitted life together, then yea, I'll lend. Partners should enjoy special privileges, and this is one of it.

The idea of giving only money I can't afford to loose applies only to friends that have no passed the test of time, and have a proven record of irresponsibility. As a community, we won't go far if we treat each other like these.
Lol, don't take all of my posts to heart Pan, sometimes I troll grin grin

How have you been? smiley
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by MissRaine69(f): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Men “loan” the women in their lives money all the time, in fact it’s like a second job. However if the majority of women “loan” the men in their lives money there is an expectation that the money is going to be returned and if a guy does not do that, everyone will know about it. That said I am aware of some guys who will ask the ladies they are dating for a loan and then use that money to marry another woman, so I understand why women can be hesitant. All I can say is be specific and tell her/him you need the money back if she/he does return the money has agreed with no hassle. Rejoice he/she is a keeper. Stick to small amounts and avoid loaning if that person makes it a habit. Asking for a loan 2-3 times in one month means you are maintaining their lifestyle and it’s gone past the category of loan. You are paying them a salary.
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by helinues: 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
It all depends

But I will never loan money I cant afford to loose

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by pansophist(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2019
MariaLavina:
Lol, don't take all of my posts to heart Pan, sometimes I troll grin grin

How have you been? smiley

Me fine o, you just bone me sha cry

The gbegiri, ati obe ewedu pelu amala, wey you wan cooked for me, you just no talk about am again. E no good o
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 3:12am On Jan 23, 2019
thoughtT:

Idakwo Abdullahi

Owolabi Azeez

Ajayi Oreoluwa

Shuhu Barbara

Never loan what you cant afford to lose. If you give money and they don't return it. That will be the end if the relationship. If you don't give them to begin with that will be the end of that relationship. Only give what you can give as a gift.. Trust me on this topic as I have loaned thousands I have never received back and I am not in speaking terms with anyone I have loaned money...wise up..you are not an atm. Why should anyone else think you have extra money if they don't?
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
pansophist:

Me fine o, you just bone me sha cry

The gbegiri, ati obe ewedu pelu amala, wey you wan cooked for me, you just no talk about am again. E no good o
I no bone you oooo haba, grin grin Na work no gimme chance. cry No worry I go order amala and gbegiri soup on jumia. Anything for you Darling grin
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by lammylam(f): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
my mum use to tell me, "If you can't let go! then don't do it" meaning na the money wey I fit give you I go give!
so even if you don't return it I wouldn't be bothered!
Re: Is It Ever A Good Idea To Loan Your Partner Money? by marvin906(m): 6:05pm On Jan 23, 2019
Loan ke..
When I know that the probability of that money coming back is slim..
If I give you the money just know I won't be bothered if you don't give me back..

Buh to be honest I haven't seen where a guy/girl borrows he's/her spouse money and it was returned.
All of them dey enter voicemail

(1) (Reply)

Man Blows Trumpet For His Fiancée In Lovely Pre-wedding Pictures / Ever Wondered Why Your Relationships Don’t Last? Sometimes It's Not Witches / Why Do Many People Think That Nairaland Is Not A Good Place To Find A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.