Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,483 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:21 PM

Landed Property Or Posh Cars - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Landed Property Or Posh Cars (1418 Views)

I Need A Loan, I Have A Landed Property As Collateral / Purchase Of Landed Property / Own A Property Or Invest In Property And Make 200% Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landed Property Or Posh Cars by bigtt76(f): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
People ...so I was watching Daddy Freeze's visit to Linda Ikeji on Youtube where both went on a drive in her new Bentley Mulsane and during the discussions that ensued, Linda could be heard saying aside her Banana island Mansion, she doesn't own or believe in owning landed properties because if you buy one in say Lekki for hundreds of millions, and you rent it out, the money you realize from it is barely above what she makes in a day so why invest.

My question is why would anyone invest in a depreciating asset in favour of one that can appreciate over the years? What she doesn't understand is that the rent she would be collecting is not to repay the investment made but rather some sort of dividend/interest on the investment yearly while the value of the property appreciates over time. I'm sadden that no one seem to be pointing this out to her.

With posh cars ....you risk bashing it in seconds, getting it stolen, mechanical issues and so on. You don't get paid driving it but rather you spend money driving it (repairs, maintenance, fueling and insurance etc). BTW she's looking at buying the latest Mercedes Benz Maverick undecided

Like they say ...its her money and she can do whatever she likes with it but many are looking up to her as role model, she needs to guide them buh ....people wee now say this is bad belle, make i stay in my own lane.

People ....what are your takes on this - Landed Properties or Posh Cars? Lets stay woke this 2019!!!

3 Likes

Re: Landed Property Or Posh Cars by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2019
bigtt76:
People ...so I was watching Daddy Freeze's visit to Linda Ikeji on Youtube where both went on a drive in her new Bentley Mulsane and during the discussions that ensued, Linda could be heard saying aside her Banana island Mansion, she doesn't own or believe in owning landed properties because if you buy one in say Lekki for hundreds of millions, and you rent it out, the money you realize from it is barely above what she makes in a day so why invest.

My question is why would anyone invest in a depreciating asset in favour of one that can appreciate over the years? What she doesn't understand is that the rent she would be collecting is not to repay the investment made but rather some sort of dividend/interest on the investment yearly while the value of the property appreciates over time. I'm sadden that no one seem to be pointing this out to her.

With posh cars ....you risk bashing it in seconds, getting it stolen, mechanical issues and so on. You don't get paid driving it but rather you spend money driving it (repairs, maintenance, fueling and insurance etc). BTW she's looking at buying the latest Mercedes Benz Maverick undecided

Like they say ...its her money and she can do whatever she likes with it but many are looking up to her as role model, she needs to guide them buh ....people wee now say this is bad belle, make i stay in my own lane.

People ....what are your takes on this - Landed Properties or Posh Cars? Lets stay woke this 2019!!!
you no get sense?
Their discussion according to your writeup is not about cars and house. She is getting huge income daily.
Re: Landed Property Or Posh Cars by Maxcoded: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
you no get sense?
Their discussion according to your writeup is not about cars and house. She is getting huge income daily.

That's too harsh, you don't have to abuse the lady mate

She only asked a question and you would have just be a gentleman by answering politely .. This nairaland sef; na wa o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Landed Property Or Posh Cars by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
Well for you a house might be an asset,because it pays you some returns, for her posh cars her the tools of her trade,it what makes fans shout Linda be cause she is the business of showing called showbiz .
Re: Landed Property Or Posh Cars by SweetiliciousD: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
you no get sense?

We know who no get sense!

After reading an articulate writeup like this and failed to assimilate 0 point out of all thoughtful points she raised, 2021 is still fresh for you to buy sense.

Pele!

4 Likes

Re: Landed Property Or Posh Cars by wealthtrak: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2021
bigtt76:
People ...so I was watching Daddy Freeze's visit
to Linda Ikeji on Youtube where both went on a drive in her new Bentley Mulsane and during the discussions that ensued, Linda could be heard saying aside her Banana island Mansion, she doesn't own or believe in owning landed properties because if you buy one in say Lekki for hundreds of millions, and you rent it out, the money you realize from it is barely above what she makes in a day so why invest.

Well-written post.

I'll search for Freeze's YouTube video
featuring the Bently Mulsane.

Landed properties over cars any day
for me. wink

Some cars and wristwatches
however appreciate in value
because they are collectors'
items.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MLM WORKS! (my Experience). / Trust Wallet Token Needed / Crypto Withdrawal Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.