Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:26 PM

JAMB A Blessing To Nigeria Or A Curse? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB A Blessing To Nigeria Or A Curse? (341 Views)

JAMB: A Northerner Blasts Exam, Scores Above 360 (Pictures) / Video: Step By Step Practical Guide On How To Enroll From Jamb (a-z) / How To Know The Correct Answer In Jamb- A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB A Blessing To Nigeria Or A Curse? by Clara16(f): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
It pains me how jamb has become the determinant of our future no longer are we to pursue our dreams but they are now the one making decision for ourselfs.. The educational system in Nigeria is now below standard as our youths destiny are been delayed all in the name of 'you didn't reach the cutoff mark' or 'no admission' in terms of the course or the university. 2015, my cousin wrote Jamb and got 248 later that year, she went to unn where she wrote her post ume. She applied for law but was not admitted all in the name of she didnt reach the cut off mark. 2017 the same issue occurred this time a jamb score of 250 still yet no admission. 2018 she applied to study law at uniben these time she scored 275 not just that they didn't give her admission her name was transferred to Benson idahosa university.We called to make enquiry concerning their school fees but the amount was too much that we had to turn down the admission am talking about millions of naira. My point is that things are no longer done by merit.Have seen a situation where someone paid #300,000 for his child all in the name of gaining admission. Is these the way forward Nigerians? Which way again for the common man.

Pls friends I need ur say on these. We shouldn't keep quiet on these matter. If u are victim of these u can share ur experience. Mind u she did very well in all her post ume exams.
Re: JAMB A Blessing To Nigeria Or A Curse? by anthonyuncle(m): 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
the educational system in Nigeria has collapsed.
those that are supposed to uphold it are only interested in their pockets.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Academic Writing And Reading? / Macbook Pro Corei5 500gb HDD 8GB RAM Goes For 100k / 257+ Global Opportunities For Developing Countries 2O19-2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.