Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate (3004 Views)

Stray Dog Begs 2 Russian Men To Save Her Puppy Covered In Tar (Pictures, Video) / I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / Okay I Killed This In Front Of My Gate This Morning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Kseafresh: 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2019
So at time of writing this makes it about an hour this puppy shows up on my gate from nowhere breathing slowly as if about to die...

It looks like a German Shepherd to me, i checked it genitals, it's a female!..

Mind You i already own an adult male Basenji(local breed) which has never fallen sick since puppyhood...

so basically, i hope this stray angel makes it through this night,
I plan to give it red and yellow medicine (tetracycline) mixed with water or paracetamol...
That's the only medicine i have here at home and can think of...

I need Your advice Gurus, I don't want this dog to die on me,am falling inlove already

modified;
Pls, don't just read and pass, any opinion tell me!
I don't know if red and yellow capsule would help it or not..

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Seun(m): 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
You’re indeed a Good Samaritan.

Try to give the dog some very light food and water as well.

Tomorrow, maybe a vet can check him up.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Kseafresh: 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
Seun:

Thank You, i would
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
You are so such a kind person if it was some people they would killed it or chase it away take good care it.
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by nifemi25(m): 9:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
Try get a pap mix with sachet milk with little sugar. So as to get strength. Then tomorrow take it to see a vet.
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by smokey12345: 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
This is a good GSD take good care of her
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by lordm(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
Use am do pepper soup,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by gaby(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
Aww
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Kseafresh: 9:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks guys, I just checked on it now, I can see reddish liquid coming out from it's rear..
Am scared cry
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
Kseafresh:
Thanks guys, I just checked on it now, I can see reddish liquid coming out from it's rear..
Am scared cry
That stray dog needs to be quarantined pls. Keep that your handsome dog away from her this one he's already wagging its tail.
Blood from the ears...could that be as a result of ticks??

Look for a vet Doc or someone who's an experienced dog breeder.
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by cedar3: 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Have experienced this before. I came back from work one evening sometime last year to meet this dog at my gate. It appeared to be a cross of German Shepherd and a local dog. From the look of things, she couldn't be a stray cos she had a collar on but she looked so malnourished and sickly and a bit rabid. Meanwhile, I have a male caucasian. I took her in and tried feeding her. She was so mean to my dog and they fought dirty that night and every other day. Cost me some money at the Vet's. But sadly, she was killed by area guys.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by IamAnderson(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
Kseafresh:
So at time of writing this makes it about an hour this puppy shows up on my gate from nowhere breathing slowly as if about to die...

It looks like a German Shepherd to me, i checked it genitals, it's a female!..

Mind You i already own an adult male Basenji(local breed) which has never fallen sick since puppyhood...

so basically, i hope this stray angel makes it through this night,
I plan to give it red and yellow medicine (tetracycline) mixed with water or paracetamol...
That's the only medicine i have here at home and can think of...

I need Your advice Gurus, I don't want this dog to die on me,am falling inlove already

modified;
Pls, don't just read and pass, any opinion tell me!
I don't know if red and yellow capsule would help it or not..
pls don't give the dog paracetamol! human drugs shouldn't be given to dogs they could have unpredictable results.
if you are worried about the dogs stomach upset,give flagyl instead, it's a better option with dogs.
try and rub some sugar or glucose inside the dog's mouth to raise it's sugar level to give it strength.
when it's better try and feed it plain rice with unseasoned chicken, it is very easy for dogs to digest so it won't stress it.
I hope the dog survives, you have a good heart for doing this.
thank you

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by otodeluxe(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Seun:

Good evening. I paid for ads since Monday and even after sending evidence I have not been credited. It's really sad and disappointing
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
See! Don't give that dog any medicine, just get a vet to look at her and examine her, after examining her the vet will know the exact drugs to administer her.

But your ekuke really looks well fed, what do you feed him? And is he agressively territorial?
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Lloydthesaint: 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
Please where do you stay I’m looking for my dog foxy
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by hahn(m): 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
lordm:
Use am do pepper soup,

My guy

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by IamAnderson(m): 12:11am On Jan 14, 2019
lordm:
Use am do pepper soup,
there is nothing sadder than a grown man still cracking that dog meat pepper soup joke in 2019

1 Like

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by kryptochats: 12:27am On Jan 14, 2019
please take the dog to a vet 2moro if any bills are involved pls let us know i am ready to support .. just keep us updated thanks for your kind heart
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Kseafresh: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Thank YOU all, Unfortunately she didn't make it through the night... Whatever she ate really did a numbers on her.
So disheartening that I couldn't sleep...
My basenji has been under close inspection to ascertain it didn't pick-up anything, so far all seems well...
Thanks All once Again, Special thanks to seun Osewa...

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by kryptochats: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
cry cry cry
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
Kseafresh:
Thank YOU all, Unfortunately she didn't make it through the night... Whatever she ate really did a numbers on her.
My basenji has been under close inspection to ascertain it didn't pick-up anything, so far all seems well...

Oh...that's so sad

May its soul rest in peace. Amen
Dogs are wonderful creatures. OP you sound so nice...like one with sweet kindness. Well done.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by johnnyn1(m): 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Kseafresh:
oh sorry man..
This is sad to hear.
May her soul rest well. take care bro.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
This is so disheartening.
We know the feeling.
This just brough back some sad memories when we lost our dog, ******** many years ago!

DOGS: A man's best friend! cry cry cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Kseafresh: 3:22am On Feb 01, 2019
post=74867508:
This is so disheartening.
We know the feeling.
This just brough back some sad memories when we lost our dog, ******** many years ago!

DOGS: A man's best friend! cry cry cry
Man best friend Indeed
Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Baroba(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2019
Sorry man, you did your best...

1 Like

Re: I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate by Uhtred(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
You did what you could do man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imported Black Female Great Dane Puppy For Sale! / Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. / 8 Weeks Old Female Boerboel Puppy Available For A New Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.